Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG (34249 Views)

Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge / Olabode Rhodes-Vivour Retires As Supreme Court Justice / Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election (2) (3) (4)

Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by HonNL: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Muhammad Babandede, has retired after spending 36 years in service.

A Deputy Comptroller General in charge of Finance and Account, Idris Isah Jere, will take over in an acting capacity pending the appointment of a substantive Comptroller General by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Babandede, who was appointed the Comptroller General of the NIS on the 15th of May 2016, took over from Martin Kure Abeshi.

He introduced many reforms in the Service with the digitalisation of activities, decentralisation of passports issuance and introduction of the Visa of Arrival policy top on the list.

Speaking at a valedictory session organised in his honour on Friday, Babandede said; “I have left Immigration better than I found it.”

While acknowledging that he was able to achieve so much as a result of the help he received from his personnel, Babandede appealed to his successor not to “throw away the ideas we stand for”.

He added: “Keep the good things and drop the bad ones.”

The retired CG, who promised to be an ambassador of the NIS, said he will always be ready to assist whenever he is called on by the Service.

Babandede spent five years and four months as the Comptroller General of the Service.

Daily Trust

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by janedonez(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
Congratulations, Finally, Idris never wanted to leave but didn't realize that there is an end to everything.
Na dem o!

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by InHeaven(m): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
I wish you well.

However, May you be judged based on how you used your Amana position very quick. It's not a swear.

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by ogododo: 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2021
HonNL:

Daily Trust

Mynd44

Hausa/Fulani no dey finish for bubu head.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by xpressionx(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bye Baba
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by SadiqBabaSani: 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
is it this Idris Jere that retired all the ACGs even those Junior to him?

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Matheusmartin: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
One Aboki leaves, another one enters.

Make I do quickly getat of this stupid country.

Na the oversabi angel wey direct to this country I blame.

Mtcheew.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Moving4: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well done! You have done your bit...
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
A Deputy Comptroller General in charge of Finance and Account, Idris Isah Jere, will take over in an acting capacity pending the appointment of a substantive Comptroller General by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Anything to move our darling nation forward is what we are after.

To a new Nigeria we go.
God bless Nigeria and all sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

We Rise.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Crazeworld(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
I wish him happy retirement. Though I'm still saddened that I wasn't fortunate enough to get called for the immigration documentation.

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Onyeka8: 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
G
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Ebimor96: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Phenommy: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bye bye baba

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Ebimor96: 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
angry angry
angry angry sad
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by JosephXavier: 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
There is a part of the country that he can never come from no matter what

Later Vulture's darling daddy will come and tell us that he is surprised that they want to separate from Nigeria

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by GetYourPaypal: 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Still making verified Paypal Business account for your business that can send and receive money from anyone in the world.

Hit me up via my signature to order yours.
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Zibahstores(f): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hello nairalanders please check out my thread for all kinds of fashion, household and back to school items.

https://www.nairaland.com/6745206/get-here-all-needs-men

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by ProudBoy: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
The North is strategic. They always ensure that the second in command in every key agency is a northerner because of days like this.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Vlibray: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
crooks
Na thief be 90% of the people wey dey work for Nigeria immigration.(no quote me if your papa or mama dey work for dia )
I remeber when I wanted to get my passport in 2019
I visited immigration website, did all the necessary things and made the payment online.(17k)
Just for me to get to immigration office and one of the guys said I paid with dollars and that my application can't be processed.
Which dollars na ?. where did I see dollars to pay with na?.. i paid with Naira master card.
I checked their website and saw a phone number. I dialed the number. The woman that picked up said she can see my payment, and that I should give the phone to one of the guys. Na so baba refuse to collect phone.
Then it dawned on me that this is how these fuckers cheat people . Long story short ,I had to pay 29k to process passport with the fuckers Because every fucker I spoke to at that immigration office said I paid in dollars..
They made me loose 17k because they wanted to scam me

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by wonder233: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Daily Trust deliberately misleading the public: the correct report is "the outgoing comptroller general was directed to handover to the next most senior northerner pending approval of the president's selection of the most suitable northerner to fill the slot

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by fk001(m): 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Let me wait for the foolish Northernizaton agenda conspiracy theorist gang
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by CyberWolf: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Thank God, hopefully this new CG will fastrack international passport processing, this idiots has frustrated me for a while four months angry

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Parashooter: 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fork immigration especially the Ikoyi passport office..

Since April this year till date,they've refused giving people their passports (passport that takes 3weeks is taking a year @ Ikoyi passport office)

F*ck immigration

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by LordIsaac(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hausa now owns immigration... especially in Jos.

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by daddytime(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Idris..

Northern Immigration Service

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by ExtraVioment: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Niger, CAR, and Chad borders are open for free flowing; but Cameroon and somewhat Benin rep. are closed or restricted. I no know which kyn immigration be that.

Igbos should never forget about their siblings in Cameroon, Gabon, Equitorial guinea, burkina Faso, etc. They are being discriminated by our Oga at the top. Meanwhile, they are using Niger to facilitate air drops from Niger and Chad.

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
All his Appointees must have BABA attached to their names....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by falseprophet: 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
Re: Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG by bizzibodi(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
So other tribes has no immigration officers qualified enough to head Northern immigration service.

Obidients On A Boat Ride To Peter Obi Rally At TBS Lagos / President Buhari Wears Isiagu (Igbo Attire) In Ebonyi / Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable