Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph (1356 Views)

Favour Oyhou: Auchi Poly Student Declared Wanted After Killing Her Boyfriend / Laspotech Student Commits Suicide For Owing Tuition / Kenyan Undergraduate Commits Suicide By Hanging Over A Lady, Shares Suicide Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Chukwute: 11:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
An undergraduate of the Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State has reportedly committed su-icide over his inability to spell in class.

Focus Naija can report that the deceased, simply identified as Solomon Oboh, was in ND 1C, Department of Public Administration.

According to reports, the deceased, in the presence of his course mates was asked to spell “computer technology” during an assignment presentation.

It was gathered that he couldn’t spell it due to stage fright and his course mates took advantage of it to mock and troll him.

He was later found dead in his room where he hung himself.

Although the institution is yet to react to the development that took everyone by surprise, the Director of Welfare, Public Administration, Comr Aramude Joyce in a condolence message sympathized with the entire department and prayed for God to have mercy on his soul

May his soul rest in peace �

Read more: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2021/09/10/auchi-poly-undergraduate-commits-suicide-for-not-been-able-to-spell-in-class-photos/

Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by MITCHELL96: 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oh my GOD! Why are people this heartless ? Sometimes it's not that we can't do a particular thing, maybe we just don't have enough confidence or we are shy, this nigga shouldn't have taken his own life na undecided, this doesn't worth costing him his life naaaa, even me sef, Sometimes I forget how to spell words, like Gojos, Like I mean, you're so GORGEOUS grin

RIP OG, Though, you showed your coursemates how weak you were, That's why you fell for their trolls, sarcasm and bullies. undecided let's try and be strong shaa, I know oppression full everywhere! But remember, Congratulations no dey finish.

And to anybody contemplating suicide or People that commit suicide, do you ask yourself, where you gonna be after you die ? You killed yourself! Heaven and hell is real, and I'm nobody to judge you from here by the way, But just ask yourself, after killing myself, would I find that peace, car, house, money or whatever I've always wanted ? undecided you don't know what awaits you after death, so don't take yourself there by committing suicide, be strong!! you've been struggling, You're already in pain, you've suffered, you've been in pain for years, get a reward from it, don't give you Pleeeeeease!

2 Likes

Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Ajens1991: 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
My God! It is well
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Snitch24(m): 11:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
His classmates should be held accountable
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Freestainworld(m): 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
Killing yourself because of stage freight, I wonder how he can explain this to God.
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by FarinJini: 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Depression is real and Suicides are becoming common. Life can be tough, infact very tough but is Suicide the end of the Problems?

Allah says about Suicide in Quran,

And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful [Quran 4: 29].

People who have suicidal thought need to reflect on the purpose of life. Are we given a life so that we can have fun ? Are we not supposed to have any grief ? Are we not supposed to have any struggle? Sadly, there are People who acknowledge that life is not meant to be a bed of rose but they still say that they can not stand the struggle. They feel that if they end their life all the problem shall be solved. If you harness the suicidal thought and you feel like you can quit the game by ending your life, you are wrong.

It is narrated from Abu Hurayrah (R.A.), that the Prophet (S.A.W.) said:

“Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be throwing himself down in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron will have that iron in his hand, thrusting it into his belly in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever.” (Sahih Bukhari: 5778)

We all have problems. You simply do not know because everyone highlights their blessing and not the problems. Everyone has their own struggle. This life is a test and every one has a specifically designed question paper for him/her. All you need to do is have sabr (virtue of patience) and seek help from Allah.

We should always have hope in Allah. Allah does not burden a soul beyond he can bear. If your test is hard, because you are a good student. Allah swt even rewards his slave for a prick of thorn he endures seeking his pleasure. Always remember, Jannah is not easy. It is eternal bliss. You can not expect all the rewards of Jannah without sacrificing anything for the sake of Allah.

Allah says,
Do people think We will leave them saying we believe and they will not be tested. Verily we have tested the people in the past so that the truthful are known and the liars are known.(Qur῾an 29:2-3)

In another verse Allah says,
Verily we will test you with fear hunger and by decrease in wealth, lives and fruit crops. Glad tidings for the patient ones who at the time of adversities say, Verily we belong to Allah and to Him we return.(Qur῾an 2:155-156)

The solution to the different Problems in life is not to take one’s life, rather, to be patient and seek assistance from Allah the almighty directly and if needed, one may consult a psychiatrist.

Taking one’s life is strictly prohibited. Such a person will continuously be punished after death in the same manner he had taken his life.

Life is a trust from Allah. Life is a test and if you pass it, the reward is beautiful. Have Sabr. Don’t give up. Talk to your friends and family, Talk to People who love you, Make new friends, Listen to Islamic lectures, read good Islamic articles, do something creative, do something that you love, Do dhikr of Allah, Read Quran and BE STRONG.

Say NO to suicide.

May Allah continue to ease our affairs and increase us in faith. Ameen.
Take Care.
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Onyi22(f): 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
There is more to this story, am not convinced yet
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by mrdharkchild(m): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
Well, one less problem for the world. He'd be buried all from there, lectures will continue
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Totilopussylick(m): 12:19am On Sep 11, 2021
No one get out of this "Life" alive.

But taken it in Cold blood is called "Suicide"

Anyone out there going through depression, hardship one thing or the other should please speak to someone close to you.

I'm sure that person won't advance you to take your "Life"!
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by thesicilian: 12:42am On Sep 11, 2021
Snitch24:
Everyone is to be held accountable for their own actions.
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Snitch24(m): 12:48am On Sep 11, 2021
thesicilian:

Everyone is to be held accountable for their own actions.

If na for US
The family can sue the entire school
And they will definitely win
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Kingvitalisdiho: 6:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Killing yourself is not the end or solutions to the problems... learn how to endure your problems so that negative thoughts will not push you to unwanted death...
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by punisha: 6:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Snitch24:

For what exactly?

One less stupid person gone if indeed this is true.

Didnt he go to school to learn?

I feel his death might be unrelated to that incident however.
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by NaijaGoBetter20: 6:55am On Sep 11, 2021
Too bad
A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.
The lecturer and the class members should take responsibility for his death.
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Sonnobax15(m): 7:23am On Sep 11, 2021
undecided the guy no try abeg..... Because of trolls wey your nigha men troll you,you vex go commit suicide undecided
If only he had known that trolling na part of life......And also no man's infallible, that's no man is perfect.........On a daily,na only God know the amount of insults wey me and my guy dey face anytime we dey sell bread via motor.....But we've kept moving on because we've realized early that Sometimes we need those trolls to make a better "us" out of the worst of us.

Rip to him..
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Richy4(m): 8:01am On Sep 11, 2021
Higher institution is now like secondary school...I believe they didn't use projector for that presentation... Assuming power point was used, who cares about spelling when it was already there before everyone.

The lecturer did not handle the situation well because assuming he did, by smoothing out the whole thing by telling the students that standing in front of the class to talk is not an easy task... By saying that, he/she is motivating the young man..and other students who feels there's something wrong with them.

He should have said something in line with how intelligent people can easily forget how to spell their names due to stage fright.. shaking off all manner of doubt about the young man's intellectual inabilities off... That would have reduced all the taunting..

Rest in peace my dear because a lot of factors failed you..
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Richy4(m): 8:06am On Sep 11, 2021
Snitch24:

If na for US

The school management board would have relieved that lecturer of his job because he lacks coaching and mentoring skills
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Snitch24(m): 8:19am On Sep 11, 2021
punisha:

For what exactly?

One less stupid person gone if indeed this is true.

Didnt he go to school to learn?

I feel his death might be unrelated to that incident however.

Hmmm
Do you know what depression can make you do

Infact if na my brother
I will sue the school
Because their actions killed him
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by godlessmind: 11:31am On Sep 11, 2021
Chukwute:
An undergraduate of the Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State has reportedly committed su-icide over his inability to spell in class.

Focus Naija can report that the deceased, simply identified as Solomon Oboh, was in ND 1C, Department of Public Administration.

According to reports, the deceased, in the presence of his course mates was asked to spell “computer technology” during an assignment presentation.

It was gathered that he couldn’t spell it due to stage fright and his course mates took advantage of it to mock and troll him.

He was later found dead in his room where he hung himself.

Although the institution is yet to react to the development that took everyone by surprise, the Director of Welfare, Public Administration, Comr Aramude Joyce in a condolence message sympathized with the entire department and prayed for God to have mercy on his soul

May his soul rest in peace �

Read more: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2021/09/10/auchi-poly-undergraduate-commits-suicide-for-not-been-able-to-spell-in-class-photos/

I feel sad reading this, smh.... Dumb people everywhere remember English is not our language for crying out loud. Nigeria is one useless country that measures intelligence with fluent English.. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by Karlovych: 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
embarassed embarassed Despite having a leader that failed in primary school, secondary school and military without any certificate to show for it he still chose to kill himself, the rate at which emotional children are being raised these days is alarming.
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by superCleanworks(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
The whole world has been laughing at Nigeria for 100 years till tomorrow. Yet we no gree for suicide.
Women get body shamed even by their children that used their big head to widen the woman's belly. she die?
People we don dey stammer since they were born nko? suicide for don plenty.

you have 2 legs, 2 hands, u even eat and drink by yourself.
what about people who SOME of those Nigerian nurses keep mocking at hospitals?

i no get money and SAPA dey laff me steady, I die?

Next Please.
Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by thesicilian: 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2021
Snitch24:

If na for US
Yeah, that may be true. Although they sue and win for ridiculous reasons abroad

1 Like

Re: Auchi Poly Undergraduate Commits Suicide For Not Been Able To Spell In Class (ph by shagasha: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Na d guy Sabi. Suicide bcuz ur mates laff u mtchew. If dem no laff u who go laff u na.

(1) (Reply)

Thieves Broke Into My Friend's House / Man Strangled Cheating Wife To Death For Stealing His Money And Giving To Lover / Bet9ja Site Has Been Down For Past 24hours. What is happening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.