Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother (21642 Views)

Eve Esin Builds A New House, Honours Her Late Mother, Mary Patrick Esin / Man Reincarnates Davido's Late Mother Using Straws As The Background. He Reacts / Biodun Okeowo Acquires A New House, Appreciates Her Late Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Hangmnk: 8:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

She also wrote several novels too...which made her famous long before the poem....

You know, novels like Purple Hibiscus, Half of a yellow sun, Americanah, etc....

I think you should look beyond her dressing young man...

(And no, I don't agree with her dressing choices either. But she is far too good an author)
Thanks for the sensible reply. I never thought there are mature Nairalanders

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Crowwejihadist: 8:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:
Propaganda. Whenever African woman choice nudity she will become famous. Whenever African man become gay he'll become famous.
She wrote some useless poem and join the cult now she's celebrity

Your hatred for IGBOS will send you to your early grave, just bet me

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by folake4u(f): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

She also wrote several novels too...which made her famous long before the poem....

You know, novels like Purple Hibiscus, Half of a yellow sun, Americanah, etc....

(And no, I don't agree with her dressing choices either. But she is far too good an author)

Why don't you agree with her dressing choice?
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Seniorwriter(m): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Her choice....her activities!

Lovable Writer though...

@SENIORWRITER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Hangmnk: 8:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Crowwejihadist:

Your hatred for IGBOS will send you to your early grave, just bet me
and your hatred for Muslims have already make you dead
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2021
folake4u:

Why don't you agree with her dressing choice?

I tend to favor a conservative dress code for both men and women at formal events...

But even then, her dressing was not the point of my post really
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Crowwejihadist: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:
and your hatred for Muslims have already make you dead

I don't and will never hate Muslims, what I am against is there fanaticism and terrorist nature.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by CEOwatazs: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2021
Ceenachi:
A man and a woman can never become equal, no matter how you intellectually sugar coat it in the funny name of feminists or feminism.

There are different social gender responsibilities, and even in our biological defined, and the man is always being reference as the lord.

The word feminism should be properly redefined to avoid it's usage abuse by this younger generation of women.

No matter you put it Man will always be a Man, he's created first before a Woman was created after several years of Man existence
Even God is not a God of confusion that made Man the head of the Family..

Please go and read the creation story very well. God didn't create man first he created them both at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by izubext007: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2021
Sweet Igbos.
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by wildikeman(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2021
Now this is the embodiment of who true women are.

Don't let men dictate to you.

Think for and act for yourself. Then rise from the patriarch society.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by okwusdaddy: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Feminism is ok to practice that is if it means to empower women to be less dependent on men and to be the very best that they can be.But what i see feminists do today is that they are better than men and so must deal with them.
This lady has done well for herself and made her country proud.Welldone

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Lexusgs430: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Let's hope she does not talk about the oza room........ wink
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by jibrilELsudan: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2021
IF SHE LIKES LET HER MEET GERMAN SHEPARD.
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by CXLVII: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2021
She did not mention IPOB to Merkel grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by mutvy: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2021
How does this bullshit concern me? Why is it in the news? Nonsense!
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by SmartPolician: 8:57am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:
Propaganda. Whenever African woman choice nudity she will become famous. Whenever African man become gay he'll become famous.

Trashy! Trashier!! Trashiest!!!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Masterkernel1: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:

You always sound sick. Respect hard work.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by DrayZee: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:
What nudity are you talking about?
You don’t know anything about that woman.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Aboguede(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2021
I am definately not a fan of Amanda but I respect her as a person and also her humorous currage and most importantly smartness

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by LordOfTheGame: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2021
seankafor:
How does this feminism stuff work?

That some females believe they re at par with men in every category and sphere of life? undecided
Don't join the gand ignorant people talking rubbish feminism. Feminism is the acceptance of social participation in life without hindrance because of gender. True feminists understand their roles in the society and family and knows the difference and limit. Don't let these men-haters confuse that called themselves women hiding under the umbrella of feminism to confuse you. Also, don't let men with low self esteem and lack of self confidence deceive you too.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Mitkelz(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:
We feel your pain it’s a tribal thing

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by slowice(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2021
See how they re all well dressed... Respectfully dressed...... Not our weyrey feminists here that wants to be allowed to attend board meetings wearing pants and bra only but still accuse men there of visually undressing then and expects the law to stand with them.
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Amudeneogu: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:
Please go and write your owm useful poem and become a celebrity.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by CSTRR: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

She is wearing an african attire to meet the leader of the European Union.

What is there not to like?

Are you even brave enough to wear your native clothes to an ordinary embassy?

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by ofiko123(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2021
The dead is gone already, let the dead bury the dead..
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by folake4u(f): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

I tend to favor a conservative dress code for both men and women at formal events...

But even then, her dressing was not the point of my post really

Hmm. Your opinion though.
But I think that Adichie's dressing is very authentic, as she proudly displays the African country.

Yes, I know that. I was just curious.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by folake4u(f): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2021
CSTRR:

She is wearing an african attire to meet the leader of the European Union.

What is there not to like?

Are you even brave enough to wear your native clothes to an ordinary embassy?

Lmao my thoughts exactly too.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by evil1: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Rubbish mentality.

Appreciate successful women and don't cloud your native mentality with sentimental inferences.

Ceenachi:
A man and a woman can never become equal, no matter how you intellectually sugar coat it in the funny name of feminists or feminism.

There are different social gender responsibilities, and even in our biological defined, and the man is always being reference as the lord.

The word feminism should be properly redefined to avoid it's usage abuse by this younger generation of women.

No matter you put it Man will always be a Man, he's created first before a Woman was created after several years of Man existence
Even God is not a God of confusion that made Man the head of the Family..

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by longetivity(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2021
techwaya:
Féminism cannot work in Africa where most women are heavily dependent on men for something as low as recharge card ... grin grin,chimanda forget am our girls never ready...

Meanwhile are you serious about gaining admissions into yabatech or unilag? Well their partime and postutme forms will soon be out,we are always here to help you out check my signature
Or contact us
Zero, nine, zero, eight, two, nine,five one,four,six,two.
how much is yabatech ND post utme part time form?
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by veron007: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2021
Nice one adaoma. Beauty with brains; keep blazing the trails.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by techwaya: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2021
longetivity:
how much is yabatech ND post utme part time form?

Chat me up or call.
Re: Chimamanda Meets Merkel, Talks About Her Late Mother by Firstcitizen: 9:57am On Sep 11, 2021
Hangmnk:

Your head dey dia jare

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruffcoin Plays His Song For Governor Ikpeazu Privately (Pics, Video) / Photos From Eric Arubayi's Funeral / Genevieve Nnaji Without Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.