Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Frequently Asked Questions On Walking Canes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Frequently Asked Questions On Walking Canes (184 Views)

Covid-19: Fmic Releases Frequently Asked Questions On Coronavirus / 9 Most Searched Health Questions On Google In 2018 / Endocrinologist In The House. Ask All Your Questions On Diabetes And Other Endoc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Questions On Walking Canes by Abrahamparker: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
With about 6.8 million seniors using walking aid devices in the United States, one can imagine the number of people in the world using them. Interestingly the number continuously increases yearly, and we have gathered some of the popular questions they tend to ask about their walking canes.

Some of them include;

How Long Should My Walking Cane Be?

The standard length required for walking canes reaches your hip. However, knowing that seniors have different height ranges, getting one that fits you perfectly is important. To get the perfect fit for you, you should stand upright and get someone to measure it to your wrist joint so you can move freely and easily.

Which Side Of My Body Should I Use My Cane?

The cane should be used opposite to where you feel pain; if you feel pain on the right side of your body, you should use your cane on the left side of your body and vice versa. This method of walking helps you will help you provide balance to the point of pain, which helps reduce pain and pressure that would have been on that part of the body.

What's The Best Way To Walk With Your Cane On The Stairs?

Using your walking cane on the stairs might be quite tricky; you must take your first step with the stronger leg, followed by the weak leg; you would gain balance on the stairs. When you cannot rely on the stair grails, it is advisable to rely on your cane for support then the rails.

Can Walking Cane Help My Back Pain?

There are so many things that can cause [ur=https://seniorsupported.com/benefits-of-using-walking-canes/l]back pain[/url], but using a walking cane can help relieve the pain you are feeling short term. For a long-lasting solution, it is important to see a doctor to know the source of the pain and help seek lasting solutions.

What Are The Different Types Of Walking Canes Available?

The different kinds of cane available include the straight or single point canes; it is useful for people who need a little bit of support to move; they normally have a single tip for which you can use different types of handles.

The quad or three-point cane has wider bases accommodating about three to four bases; they provide better support and stability for its users. It also helps its users perform various tasks that they won't be able to do normally.

What Is The Difference Between A Walking Cane And A Stick?

Canes provide stability and assistance to those who require support while walking, but walking sticks usually provide more outdoor stability for their users. Both walking sticks and canes have pros and cons, so it is important to test them out to see which works better for you.

How Can I Make My Walking Cane Fashionable?

Most seniors feel that a walking cane would make them look less fashionable or make them look horrible, but the truth is that there are different ways you can make your stick look nice. There are different styles of canes available from floral to animal prints. You have to pick one that goes with your personality and bring out your sense of style.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frequently Asked Questions On Walking Canes by Ammishaddai: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Drugs(antibiotics,antidepressants) Side Effects And Recovery / Anxiety & Depression / Health/ Recipe: Easy (and Healthy) Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.