Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (853896 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
Murewaa:
Dear leaders.
I got a job as a maintenance technician.
The company handling my immigration process, assigned to me by my employer didn't request for police report.
And I read here that police report is part of the required documents for this Japa process.

Should I ask the company or allow the company to submit my application like that?
Also note that police report expires in 3 months. Acquire it as close to your document submission for visa period.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Confidantfunds(f): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2022
bunsuq:

Also note that police report expires in 3 months. Acquire it as close to your document submission for visa period.

Please help, is there any health check form one néed to fill before entering UK or at the airport. After getting visa and booking flight, what's required at the airport?... Like Nigeria immigration checks?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Profamy: 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
Please I need the ECCTIS address, my school do not send the medium of information letter to (to whom it may concern )

Thank you in advance
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AVISATRAVELS(f): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
Is this IELTS compulsory
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
Profamy:
Please I need the ECCTIS address, my school do not send the medium of information letter to (to whom it may concern )

Thank you in advance
Hi Profamy, you can request a mailing address for Ecctis when you register and message them via this link: https://www.ecctis.com/visasandnationality.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 11:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
Uzland:

W cheesy W! Congratulations to you, Queengold1. This is good news!cheesy
Thank you �
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by oniwoski: 5:35am On Jun 07, 2022
Contact your companyand explain to them before your applicationis submittedto avoid delay.
Murewaa:
Dear leaders.
I got a job as a maintenance technician.
The company handling my immigration process, assigned to me by my employer didn't request for police report.
And I read here that police report is part of the required documents for this Japa process.

Should I ask the company or allow the company to submit my application like that?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2022
Confidantfunds:

Please help, is there any health check form one néed to fill before entering UK or at the airport. After getting visa and booking flight, what's required at the airport?... Like Nigeria immigration checks?
Nothing else
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Claudia00: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2022
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by lovelygirl04(f): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
Good afternoon house! I applied to this care home yesterday and I got this response..are they real, they haven't even given offer later...pls I need your advice...thanks

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by lovelygirl04(f): 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
lovelygirl04:
Good afternoon house! I applied to this care home yesterday and I got this response..are they real, they haven't even given offer later...pls I need your advice...thanks
pls I need ur opinions on this
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cool318(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2022
lovelygirl04:
Hmmmmmmm, thread with caution.
In all the CoS issued to members here, I haven't read or heard any saying they paid part/ contributed to CoS.

My one cent.
Peace!!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cool318(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2022
lovelygirl04:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by adeblow(m): 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
lovelygirl04:
Please where did you apply for this?
If you have someone in the UK, they can do a background check on them to verify their authenticity.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KazikageSama: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
lovelygirl04:

Check if they are eligible to grant COS. It's no longer news that some coys (esp those whose leadership are Nigerians now charge for it). So yes it may be genuine but don't pay a dime until you get 101% confirmation.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by lovelygirl04(f): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2022
adeblow:

Please where did you apply for this?
If you have someone in the UK, they can do a background check on them to verify their authenticity
www.dreamcarecompany.com

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
lovelygirl04:

This is a Scam

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2022
Please NL I applied to different care homes, one sent me a message that they are issuing those that applied before my application.
That they will store my file while they apply for new CoS that will take them 6-9 weeks. That j will be contacted next month or so.
Abeg do they keep to their words ABI na discharge method.
This was just 4 days of applying to different care home on indeed. Should I forget the promise?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KazikageSama: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ninisun:
Please NL I applied to different care homes, one sent me a message that they are issuing those that applied before my application.
That they will store my file while they apply for new CoS that will take them 6-9 weeks. That j will be contacted next month or so.
Abeg do they keep to their words ABI na discharge method.
This was just 4 days of applying to different care home on indeed. Should I forget the promise?

Please move on and keep applying like the promise isn't there. Send them a reminder at the end of July if you've not gotten a response by then but don't stop applying.

In an unrelated comment, I think people should not overly focus on Care jobs alone. If you can brush yourself up in IT related fields, please do. I know atleast 3 people personally who have been given 100% sponsorship (all payments inclusive) and also family sponsorships within the few months. 2 in UK, 1 in NL.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by iamdapsyj(m): 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2022
lovelygirl04:

Fraud is written all over this email.
Let me ask you some questions:
1.) Do you know the person personally?
2.) Is the company based in Nigeria or the UK?
3.) If based in the UK, is it registered with the Company House in the UK?
4.) How much were you asked to pay and to what bank account?
4.) I can see a Nigerian name at the end of the mail, is that the owner of the company?
5.) Have you done background check on that name!

If you cannot answer those questions satisfactorily to yourself, please delete that email and continue to search for other car home jobs.

Usually, CoS is not supposed to be paid for and so many fake agencies are pouncing on the desperation of Nigerians....

I once had an agency that told me to pay like yours too but I mailed her back to know if I can pay all she requested for after I got a job interview and CoS, she didn't reply till date grin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gagsnbugs(m): 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2022
Uzland:

Hi Zhandee, you can try some of the online learning platforms that have been suggested here by others such as Caredemy, Florence Academy, Alison, Reed, etc. Relevant courses include the Care Certificate (15 care standards) or other Health and Social Care diploma and certificate courses, which must be CPD-accredited. Florence Academy certificates are free, while most other platforms charge small amounts of money for certificates. Duration is self paced.

If you're looking to have practical care experience, then you may have to look for any of the following, convenient for you, and volunteer or work for a sufficient length of time: a good hospital, old people's home, home for the disabled, orphanage (for child and adolescent care experience), destitute home, etc. Whichever you go for, endeavour to get a proof of your work experience, be it a letter of attestation or recommendation, at the end of your volunteerism or work.
All the best.cheesy

With this WHO Red list in place, will this affect getting jobs directly from care homes. By direct, I mean not via recruitment agencies. I have a care home that's willing to give me sponsorship and I know the owner personally but he's having doubts about this red list thing and sayin nigeria has been banned from applying for Health care jobs in the UK, from Nigeria. Please advice.

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
KazikageSama:

Please move on and keep applying like the promise isn't there. Send them a reminder at the end of July if you've not gotten a response by then but don't stop applying.

In an unrelated comment, I think people should not overly focus on Care jobs alone. If you can brush yourself up in IT related fields, please do. I know atleast 3 people personally who have been given 100% sponsorship (all payments inclusive) and also family sponsorships within the few months. 2 in UK, 1 in NL.

I didn't study an IT related course rather paramedical field. I'm not just focusing on care home jobs, I'm a Dietitian by the way and so applying to the ones related to my field.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
gagsnbugs:

With this WHO Red list in place, will this affect getting jobs directly from care homes. By direct, I mean not via recruitment agencies. I have a care home that's willing to give me sponsorship and I know the owner personally but he's having doubts about this red list thing and sayin nigeria has been banned from applying for Health care jobs in the UK, from Nigeria. Please advice.

Thanks

Nigeria is no more a red list country, doesn't that have access to internet?

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gagsnbugs(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2022
iamdapsyj:

Fraud is written all over this email.
Let me ask you some questions:
1.) Do you know the person personally?
2.) Is the company based in Nigeria or the UK?
3.) If based in the UK, is it registered with the Company House in the UK?
4.) How much were you asked to pay and to what bank account?
4.) I can see a Nigerian name at the end of the mail, is that the owner of the company?
5.) Have you done background check on that name!

If you cannot answer those questions satisfactorily to yourself, please delete that email and continue to search for other car home jobs.

Usually, CoS is not supposed to be paid for and so many fake agencies are pouncing on the desperation of Nigerians....

I once had an agency that told me to pay like yours too but I mailed her back to know if I can pay all she requested for after I got a job interview and CoS, she didn't reply till date grin

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gagsnbugs(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ninisun:

Nigeria is no more a red list country, doesn't that have access to internet?

I meant as regards to developing countries recruitment, not covid-19
https://www.nhsemployers.org/articles/developing-countries-recruitment
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by iamdapsyj(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2022
gagsnbugs:

Thanks

That Red list only affects those that want to employ people enmasse. That is why most employers in the UK are avoiding agencies and prefer to employ individuals directly....

Individuals are getting these carer jobs o, so you need to let your employers know that.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gagsnbugs(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2022
iamdapsyj:

That Red list only affects those that want to employ people enmasse. That is why most employers in the UK are avoiding agencies and prefer to employ individuals directly....

Individuals are getting these carer jobs o, so you need to let your employers know that.

Alright..thanks alot

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
gagsnbugs:

I meant as regards to developing countries recruitment, not covid-19
https://www.nhsemployers.org/articles/developing-countries-recruitment

But a friend of mine and her family travelled to UK in February via work.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gagsnbugs(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ninisun:

But a friend of mine and her family travelled to UK in February via work.

The list was revised in March.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gagsnbugs(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2022
iamdapsyj:

Attached is what I sent to the care home about the whole red list thing

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by iamdapsyj(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2022
gagsnbugs:

Attached is what I sent to the care home about the whole red list thing

Okay, this should be convincing enough for them. I hope they really want to employ you and not using the red list as an excuse though.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
iamdapsyj:

Okay, this should be convincing enough for them. I hope they really want to employ you and not using the red list as an excuse though.

I believe these people are always straight forward. If them no want u, na regret mail and so I don't think that's an excuse cus they don't even know him in person or how he looks. I believe their mails or responses more than Naija own jare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.