Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (847624 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by flowbjones(m): 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
Georgiedey:
Good afternoon all, please i want to know if the dependant ( father and children) age between 16,13 and 5 would also need to take Tb test with the main applicant.. Thank

Yes Sire.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Aieboocaar(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hi guys so I'm asking this question on behalf of my friend.

Is the English language requirement compulsory for skilled worker visa??

If yes, can the english language proficiency letter gotten from University be used to get waiver for taking IELTS??

I'd appreciate a response... Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Success2011: 2:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Aieboocaar:
Hi guys so I'm asking this question on behalf of my friend.

Is the English language requirement compulsory for skilled worker visa??

If yes, can the english language proficiency letter gotten from University be used to get waiver for taking IELTS??

I'd appreciate a response... Thanks
NO NO NO. It’s either you do ECCTIS Evaluation that’s if you’ve a degree certificate from a university or you follow the UKVI IELTS route! You can’t escape not choose either of them.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rkayfree: 3:32am On Aug 04, 2022
Georgiedey:
Good afternoon all, please i want to know if the dependant ( father and children) age between 16,13 and 5 would also need to take Tb test with the main applicant.. Thank

They would need if their country is listed as one that requires the test for the visa .

Don't take chances when they are applying
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by FaturotiOla: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2022
[quote author=Phelixblaq post=115356228]

please does anyone know any information on Administrative review process
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Salientsinmi: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2022
BrosMayowa:

me and my guys simply applied online o. their equivalent of graduate trainee here in nigeria. but I have experience so i aimed for experienced roles. and we all managed to get one. it was on merit. I did 4 interviews and 2 case studies remotely.

If you are sound, just google and apply to any of these coy that can sponsor. they're very meritocratic. that's how i got it really. no plug or anything else.

Good stuff bro. if you don't mind, can I send you a direct message?

I am also in the finance space and I feel you could give me more insight on this path.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chefyemc: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2022
Good morning everyone, pls I need ur help asap,for those who did self upload pls under which category do these documents belongs to......
Ielts
Pcc
International passport
Tb test results
Cos

1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ade4u2nv: 10:49am On Aug 04, 2022
There are other skills that are in high demand like tiling and plumbing and pay way higher than health care jobs. Why are people not going for them. If you don't have the skills, you can attend trainings to have hands on. There are companies you can pay for these trainings and earn certificates in them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by lilangel20: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2022
Please how long does it take to get vac mail after decision has been made on an application. That is for work visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by flowbjones(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
lilangel20:
Please how long does it take to get vac mail after decision has been made on an application. That is for work visa

RT
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chefyemc: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
Good morning everyone, pls I need ur help asap,for those who did self upload pls under which category do these documents belongs to......
Ielts
Pcc
International passport
Tb test results
Cos
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Adetounisloved(f): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hello

Have you receive yoir collection mail yet?
Fishlink:
21st is still early though but notwithstanding, you will get a decision soon. My wife is the main applicant and we did our biometric on 14th at ikeja tls and on 21st we made a paid call which decision has been made already. Waiting for it to move to VAC
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
[quote author=FaturotiOla post=115367348][/quote]

That's shít is crazy..
Anyway it's 80£
You get to state the reasons you feel the decision is not correct or there a case working error...

If you have evidence to attach...an email will be available at the submission page of the UKVI Admnistrative review website ..

.via the email you get to submit your evidence...then u wait for 28days for the result of the AR....it could be less but it's usually not more than 28....

If you are not successful..the AR team will uphold the decision of the ECO...and u lose your 80£ and apply for another visa...

If your reasons are valid they will overturn the initial refusal decision of the ECO....but this is where the problem starts...the time line between asking you to return your passport to them and getting back is not known....it can be 1 week.. can be 2 can even be a month...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
ade4u2nv:
There are other skills that are in high demand like tiling and plumbing and pay way higher than health care jobs. Why are people not going for them. If you don't have the skills, you can attend trainings to have hands on. There are companies you can pay for these trainings and earn certificates in them.

is plumbing a shortage occupation??
I mean..which company in the uk sponsors a plumber from Nigeria??

Nigerians are currently taking advantage of the shortage occupation since employer domt have to justify hiring a foreigner for these jobs....

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rkayfree: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chefyemc:
Ielts - Studies Evidence
Pcc- Travel & Residency
International passport - Travel and residency
Tb test results - Travel and residency
Cos - no need uploading , you can put it on others
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by joyivro: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
Good afternoon please is there still walk in appointment at abuja tls? And how is it done, when you have booked another date. Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chefyemc: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
[quote author=rkayfree post=115376583][/quote]
Thanks a bunch
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ponmbe(m): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2022
lilangel20:

RT
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jesmond3945: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2022
ade4u2nv:
is not about skills, is about jobs that will sponsor your visa. Such skills like plumbing and tiling are filled in by eastern Europeans.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jokeydamson(f): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
donluclay:
If you want to make payments in dollars or pounds, I can help with that.

USD: 600
Pounds: 730

Slightly negotiable too.

Am interested call 07038952072
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by iamdapsyj(m): 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
PositiveVEE:

£232

I thought it has been updated to £247
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by joyivro: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
joyivro:
Good afternoon please is there still walk in appointment at abuja tls? And how is it done, when you have booked another date. Thanks.
Please I need this reply urgently.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
I
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fasasiidris: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
IELTS UKVI
Please has anyone experience this before
I went to the test center at workforce gbagada
The security man said the hall is empty that they only come to use the hall for exam on specific date so I mailed them they said they are looking into it, I also called them they said they’ve forwarded it to the necessary section. Please help
My COS is a month gone.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
With the rate of visa application ongoing here, it's as if everyone here has gotten jobs already. Please cut soap o. We still de hustle with random applications ���

Indeed is always booking me for phone interviews and it's either it will be cancelled 30 minutes to the time or the company will not call.

Please has anyone done phone interview through Indeed Job site? Does it work? Please I need response to know if I should bother.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mayowa94: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
Please show me how to secure interview at least. Too much "unfortunately" "unsuccessful"

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ponmbe(m): 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
mayowa94:
Please show me how to secure interview at least. Too much "unfortunately" "unsuccessful"

Well, I'm in tech and that's the area i can speak about. The golden rule for ME is, Dont go for jobs you clearly know you're over qualified for.
Go for those jobs that are a perfect match to your skills, then write a cover letter based on the job description and specifications.

Personally, i applied continuously for over 8 months, and i got unfortunately every single day... Except weekends sha grin. I managed to get a couple of interviews but the feedback was always that i was overqualified and they have someone already in the uk willing to resume immediately even thou I performed beta. They encouraged i would get something beta in pay and position. Often times, they just call me to notify me about the feedback without a chance to tactically explain that i can start remotely or that i was okay with the pay.

The only thing i finally changed earlier this year was to be writing personalised cover letter, and i started getting more interviews, and ofcourse, I stopped applying for junior roles too.

I got two offers at almost the same time. I use LinkedIn and indeed in searching and you can try making it a daily routine too, maybe 3 to 5 job applications per day. Interviews would surely come in the longrun.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mayowa94: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2022
ponmbe:

Well, I'm in tech and that's the area i can speak about. The golden rule for ME is, Dont go for jobs you clearly know you're over qualified for.
Go for those jobs that are a perfect match to your skills, then write a cover letter based on the job description and specifications.

Personally, i applied continuously for over 8 months, and i got unfortunately every single day... Except weekends sha grin. I managed to get a couple of interviews but the feedback was always that i was overqualified and they have someone already in the uk willing to resume immediately even thou I performed beta. They encouraged i would get something beta in pay and position. Often times, they just call me to notify me about the feedback without a chance to tactically explain that i can start remotely or that i was okay with the pay.

The only thing i finally changed earlier this year was to be writing personalised cover letter, and i started getting more interviews, and ofcourse, I stopped applying for junior roles too.

I got two offers at almost the same time. I use LinkedIn and indeed in searching and you can try making it a daily routine too, maybe 3 to 5 job applications per day. Interviews would surely come in the longrun.
I'm a nurse and am yet to meet the English requirement for NMC UK registration so I'm applying for a senior carer role for now. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2022
Fasasiidris:
IELTS UKVI
Please has anyone experience this before
I went to the test center at workforce gbagada
The security man said the hall is empty that they only come to use the hall for exam on specific date so I mailed them they said they are looking into it, I also called them they said they’ve forwarded it to the necessary section. Please help
My COS is a month gone.

Check the email sent by British council for the correspondence address. Send them a mail quoting your test taker number or continue to check the test taker portal for your result. Results can sometimes be delayed. Did you take computer-based test?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2022
CeeCyrils:
With the rate of visa application ongoing here, it's as if everyone here has gotten jobs already. Please cut soap o. We still de hustle with random applications ���

Indeed is always booking me for phone interviews and it's either it will be cancelled 30 minutes to the time or the company will not call.

Please has anyone done phone interview through Indeed Job site? Does it work? Please I need response to know if I should bother.
Did you indicate you are outside UK. That could be the reason or you indicate your availability to video interview via zoom or Microsoft teams. Add this info to your cover letter.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2022
Thank you for your response.
On my cover letter, I indicated availability for interview via zoom or Microsoft teams. I always indicate country of residency as Nigeria and phone numbers always with +234 when filling out forms. I have always avoided companies that are not sponsoring overseas applicants although some will not indicate but will send 'unfortunately' mail.
I have had many companies mailing me that I should contact them anytime I finally get to UK. (How?)

Many of us applying for the support work or care works are over qualified but the japasynthesis is very active.

Someone shd cut soap naa.

bunsuq:

Did you indicate you are outside UK. That could be the reason or you indicate your availability to video interview via zoom or Microsoft teams. Add this info to your cover letter.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 7:10am On Aug 05, 2022
KennyUG:
I tried to mail you but it's not going through. Pls send me the contact on this email. Kenehichoya1@gmail.com.

Hiave sent to your mail. Have you received it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.