Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (847447 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2022
Goodnew13:
Thank you for this advice again @LagosismyHome,

If I want to travel a week before the expiration of my current passport, do you think I'll still need to hold a new one, or do I need to show evidence that I am in the process of getting another one? If I need to show evidence that I have started processing another, what can I show?
or so far I have my BRP letter to show that I am changing my Vignette to BRP upon arriving in the UK, I do not need to show a new passport in this case.

Proof that you are processing something is not legal documents and cannot be used as anything. Doesnt mean a single thing

You have to check if you be allowed with one week expiration. That answer should be on Google or nairaland
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hermeknorr(f): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2022
Good day everyone, my sisters sponsor is trying to pick a date for her at TLS Ikeja after payment but they keep getting "you have exceeded your schedule limit" she didn't get a date booked tooo. Please anyone has an advice on what to do, she is to resume this October. Her Sponsor had to give her the details so she can continue the process herself as they were not able to get a date picked, please we need advice or TLS contact.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2022
I thought i was the only one experiencing it.
My employer enrolled me in an online course about 33 which i have completed but yet the COS is not out yet.
beautifulJoy:
But why is this COS taking too much time. The wait no be here oo undecided
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2022
Same here past one month after completing my online course with my employer
Ferrarilord:
Only God knows why it is taking Longer to get assigned a cos

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2022
Because of complete documents palava, this is my 3rd time of getting pcc. I started when it was 7k x2 now 40k. So painful.
Kunsoft:

No be small thing. even the Police report is almost expired. anyway na to take chill pill sha. God go do am
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by vanod: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
Wisdom7400:

my COS took 3 weeks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2022
Any delay in cos issuance is most likely from the employer(incomplete docs or whatever delays). COS usually should be ready within 24hrs after an employer had made an application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautifulJoy: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2022
vanod:

my COS took 3 weeks.

When was this, last month ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 1234IKECHhukwu: 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

It's 250 pounds. Unless there's a sudden 100% hike since I paid.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ferrarilord: 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2022
Wisdom7400:
some have been waiting more than 3months Brother. And their recruiter keep saying , they are awaiting response from HO
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by vanod: 3:04am On Oct 02, 2022
beautifulJoy:

When was this, last month ?

Last September month, I had my interview on 16th August, offer came in 25th then Cos was applied on the 5th of September, i received on 22nd September.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2022
Mrsibhans:
Good evening house, I did my biometric today at Tls using assisted service. I just realized that I didn’t upload my completed visa application form along with other documents. What can I do to rectify this please. Will it affect my application?

Visa Application Form is not a required document to submit for your application. It is only OPTIONAL. Omitting it does not affect your application in any way
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mumf3: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2022
Good morning, please can I use my waec results to apply for undergraduate in nursing, and which school is affordable that I can apply for nursing

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeeOneBangin: 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
leef2022:
Any delay in cos issuance is most likely from the employer(incomplete docs or whatever delays). COS usually should be ready within 24hrs after an employer had made an application.

Not entirely true

Even though some employers might cause delays for themselves by submitting incomplete documents, CoS takes weeks to months to be ready.

Are you aware that there are standard and priority services when employers apply for CoS?

These services attracts extra payments.

It’s CoS allocation that takes 24hrs or less

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by justinaa2012: 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2022
Please how much do I need to show as POF for dependants?
Can I use my pounds account?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by justinaa2012: 12:01am On Oct 03, 2022
Davidonkonsults:
Visa alert.

Whew. This has been gruelling so far.

Started the journey from student visa. At the point I was contemplating which university to pick and pay the deposit, offer letter came with some conditions which included TB test. Apparently, someone didn't clear tb test after COS so I needed to do the test before sponsorship certificate. Did it at ikeja.

Biometrics on 14th September. Abuja TLS. Priority.
Decision on the 16th.
Mail and BRP letter 20th.
Collection mail 23rd
Dhl delivered the passport to me yesterday evening with my vignette.
Waiting for dependents' own which was standard application.

The info here and the student visa thread is worth gold if you can read, jot or screenshot, and research.

Ps. I don't know if it's just me. But suddenly to resign from my job here and just travel suddenly seems hard for me to do.

How much did you show as POF for your dependants?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by icecool12(m): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2022
Omo!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Timitempah: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2022
MCynthia:
Hello everyone.

I am in uk currently on a tier4 and want to switch to skilled worker. I want to apply for my visa by October 5th but my passport will expire by march 2023.

Here are my questions:;
Will homeoffice accept this passport that is near to expiry?

Do I need to use my passport or brp for this visa application?

Anyone that hv passed through this stage or have any idea should answer me. I can't sleep.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi, you can use your brp to apply for the switch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2022
bunsuq:
Visa alert ������������!!!
Skilled worker healthcare visa - 4 years

Request for documents needed to apply for cos by my employer: 31/3/2022
Date COS was issued: 13/6/2022
Maintenance not ticked.
POF of 1.5m maintained through a month
IELTS done twice, first is IELST Academic (wrong) 12/2/2022 -Score 7.0
IESTLS for UkVI (General)done -1/6/2022. Score 7.5
First Biometric date (cancelled by me before appearance due to an error I spotted in my application) : July 8, 2022
2nd Biometrics - July 19, 2022
Visa approval date: 05/08/2022
Visa is for Main Applicant

I appreciate every one who takes time to answer the numerous questions on this procedures. It couldn't have been smooth without your help. Thank you so very much.

@ Uzland. Thank you very much for this thread. For the reseach. It's so precious. Please I want to encourage newbies to read from beginning. I went through the whole thread not once o. You learn by reading. It's not always encouraging when you ask questions that have already been answered in previous pages.
Finally, I wish us all a favorouable journey to a better future. We will not labour in vain.

Hello since your COS is for 4 years.... did you pay 3 years or 5 years visa and on your brp is your end date within 4 years

I have a friend about to submit and she just noticed the cos is 4 years

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zammuell: 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
I’m Samuel by name, studying MSc data science In Manchester metropolitan university.

I’m looking for shared apartment or Roomate around Manchester or anywhere around Manchester, salford, Bolton, please anyone with spare room or shared apartment for rent should kindly indicate. ���
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Autophys1: 1:30am On Oct 04, 2022
Hello guys! Are you a female relocating to the UK, Coventry to be precise in the last week of October and you need temporary accommodation to stay for a month, while you search for a permanent one?
An en-suite double-room room is available to rent for 1 month from the last week in October, for anyone coming to Coventry city and Coventry University. It's about 10mins walk from the city centre in a serene location and close to the bus-stop.
Ideal for students at Coventry University, University of Warwick or if you just got a job in Coventry.
If this suits your purpose and you are interested, do send me a message.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rab4sure: 8:21am On Oct 04, 2022
Please, to those already in the UK. I'll like to know if it's better to get a new phone here in Nigeria or I should wait till I get to the UK because I need to change phone. Your candid response will be greatly appreciated
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by keneryhark(m): 8:43am On Oct 04, 2022
Pls anyone with an accomodation or link to any accommodation in Southampton should pls reach out to me. A self contain or a room and palour apartment will be suitable as we are couples without children yet.
Budget is between 500 pounds to 800 pounds monthly rent.
We are currently in the UK, London precisely and need to move to Southampton where my wife's job is located.
Kindly reach me on 07867286466. Available on WhatsApp. Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by adedapodvirus001(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2022
Good afternoon my people.

Please do I need to provide police character certificate if am applying for the health and care Visa from inside UK.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2022
adedapodvirus001:
Good afternoon my people.

Please do I need to provide police character certificate if am applying for the health and care Visa from inside UK.

Yep

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2022
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by adedapodvirus001(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2022
advanceDNA:

Yep

Is it possible to get this without travelling down to Nigeria?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2022
adedapodvirus001:

Is it possible to get this without travelling down to Nigeria?

Im asauming you have been in the uk for a while...so u should get your character certificate in the uk....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fasasiidris: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2022
Visa Alertttttttt
Got my visa in 8 working days

Documents Submitted

COS page
IELTS UKVI 6.5band
POLICE REPORT
TB TEST RESULT
MARRIAGE CERT AND PICTURES
HEALTH CARE CERTIFICATE FROM ALLISON
DATA PAGE
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (1.8m fixed and runner over 3m during the month)
OFFER LETTER

COS issued date: 29 August 2022
Application date: 30 August 2022
Biometric date: 21 September 2022
Email for collection: 30 September 2022
Collection date: 4th October 2022

Thanks everyone for the support.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tajsagay(m): 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
rab4sure:
Please, to those already in the UK. I'll like to know if it's better to get a new phone here in Nigeria or I should wait till I get to the UK because I need to change phone. Your candid response will be greatly appreciated

I think you should wait to buy in the UK... You will be spoilt for choice
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautifulJoy: 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Fasasiidris:
Visa Alertttttttt

Documents Submitted

COS page
IELTS UKVI 6.5band
POLICE REPORT
TB TEST RESULT
DATA PAGE
OFFER LETTER

Wow ! 8days congratulations. Was maintenance thick and how long did you wait for COS ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by olaadegoke47(m): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
Big Congrats to you, you making me scared of the money in my own account with this your statement of acc. grin ...again, did you do priority cos your decision is swift, i tap into your testimony ooo
Fasasiidris:
Visa Alertttttttt

Documents Submitted

COS page
IELTS UKVI 6.5band
POLICE REPORT
TB TEST RESULT
DATA PAGE
OFFER LETTER

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.