Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846497 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
Indescribable18:
Hi please. Need clarification. When a landlord says only one child allowed. WhT happens if down the line one has another child. Maybe not immediately but in future. Will one be evicted?

U move out naaa...u find another place when ur wife don get belle or almost getting to ďelivery....

.agreement is agreement

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Myella: 6:24am On Apr 17, 2023
Good morning house, the English proficiency gotten from the university of study, does it need further evaluation, how is it done please
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 7:59am On Apr 17, 2023
Myella:
Good morning house, the English proficiency gotten from the university of study, does it need further evaluation, how is it done please

Obey their criteria madam.
We all know in Nigeria, anybody that can read and write just the way you did can equally speak English.

They know that we studied with English Language and are more well speakers than S.A, but they never regarded us as such. That's the sole reason why you should pay their English Proficiency fees, they need that money for something.
But if you manages to cut corners and they accepts, good luck

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2023
Myella:

If u studied abroad like uk, usa, canada...u dont need further evaluation...

If u studied in nigeria...ECCTIS will do the evaluation to let u use your degree as proof of english
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by phenzy(m): 8:38am On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=advanceDNA post=122566863]

If u studied abroad like uk, usa, canada...u dont need further evaluation...

If u studied in nigeria...ECCTIS will do the evaluation to let u use your degree as proof of english [/
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:52am On Apr 17, 2023
phenzy:

How much is the ECCTIS evaluation?
Its called visa and nationality service: i think its 147£ or there abouts....cant remember...when u get to the website u will see the exact amount...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tiptoe1: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2023
There will be a 7.8% price increase on IELTS starting from May 1st.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tiptoe1: 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
We need to start talking about how people now come into the UK and the care homes don't give them the working hours agreed on on their COS. I have a friend who's been in uk for over one month and hasn't gotten a single minute of working hour in his care home, they keep telling him to hold on.

He got his job through an agent tho, as at now I'm starting to feel some of these care homes already have enough workers but they just sell slots through an agent to you at a very high price to make their money and not working for the agreed hours on your COS will affect you when you're about to renew your visa or apply for ILR cause the home office will see clearly that you've not been paying your tax regularly.

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
tiptoe1:
We need to start talking about how people now come into the UK and the care homes don't give them the working hours agreed on on their COS. I have a friend who's been in uk for over one month and hasn't gotten a single minute of working hour in his care home, they keep telling him to hold on.

He got his job through an agent tho, as at now I'm starting to feel some of these care homes already have enough workers but they just sell slots through an agent to you at a very high price to make their money and not working for the agreed hours on your COS will affect you when you're about to renew your visa or apply for ILR cause the home office will see clearly that you've not been paying your tax regularly.

What do you advice they do?
I think they should keep writing Emails and documents it with their supposed employers response.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tier4Dependant: 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
tiptoe1:

This is now very common. The sad part of this whole thing is that if a company’s license gets revoked, it affects its employees.

Home office will not pity you that paid 5million or 10million to get CoS. Home office will not say that it’s your company that did not give you job to complete your hours. Once your salary falls below the required, there will be problem.

My advice to anyone in this situation is to start looking for another company that can sponsor. There is what is called Home Office Sponsor Compliance Visits. These people know what to look out for. I pray none of us gets caught up in between these greedy employers mess.

Lastly, I think most of us are too focused on care homes and all these small small companies that just got sponsorship license and leaving out the big picture.

Guys look into NHS, don’t limit yourself. Band 3 HCA role is eligible for sponsorship…. Browse the nhs job website, filter out band 3 roles or higher if eligible and start submitting applications. Forget about whether they include that sponsorship is offered for the role or not, just keep applying.

It’s not an easy task, but you will come back and testify in 3-4 months from now.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=Tier4Dependant post=122581012]

This is now very common. The sad part of this whole thing is that if a company’s license gets revoked, it affects its employees.

Home office will not pity you that paid 5million or 10million to get CoS. Home office will not say that it’s your company that did not give you job to complete your hours. Once your salary falls below the required, there will be problem.

My advice to anyone in this situation is to start looking for another company that can sponsor. There is what is called Home Office Sponsor Compliance Visits. These people know what to look out for. I pray none of us gets caught up in between these greedy employers mess.

Lastly, I think most of us are too focused on care homes and all these small small companies that just got sponsorship license and leaving out the big picture.

Guys look into NHS, don’t limit yourself. Band 3 HCA role is eligible for sponsorship…. Browse the nhs job website, filter out band 3 roles or higher if eligible and start submitting applications. Forget about whether they include that sponsorship is offered for the role or not, just keep applying.

The is very true.... don't go sleep UPGRADE urself and look for another sponsor ASAP

NHS jobs are actually more secure
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Prizee1: 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=Savageabiola post=122538635]Good evening all, pls my bosses in the ouz help me out on this :

I got my visa and pickup my passport already as a caregiver worker, but I mailed my employer to send me letter of invitation/offer letter so as to show at the point of Entry but I haven’t got a reply yet….what can I do?

Secondly, a friend of mine that’s in the Uk as a care giver but not in my company sent me an urgent message of the following:

Dear All,

Urgent request

All employees would now been asked at the point of Entry the following questions

Make sure your Contacts are aware of

1. The name of their employer

2. How did they find out about the job

They searched online and applied online

3.Did you get interviewed

Yes I was interviewed online

4. Do you have a contract

Yes 40 hours a week with my employer

They must have their contract with them on the day

5. What was your previous job

All employees must remenber their last job in their cv corresponding with your job role in The UK

6. Who is organising your Accomodation

My employer

7. Who is picking you up from the airport

My employer has arranged someone to pick me up and sent Me the phone number

8. What training have you undertaken

They need to have their training certificate with them

9. If they have a degree they would also be asked about what they learnt in their degree

Please be aware that if they deviate from the information provided they could be refused entry and returned back to their country of Origin

Please pass this information across to all your contacts urgently

Regards

But am not cleared with No 8 questions because, I don’t have any care experience but paid for my COS….what can I do?

Thank you so much for this info
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
tiptoe1:
There will be a 7.8% price increase on IELTS starting from May 1st.
Can you share the link to this info?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beecrofty(m): 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
Goodly1:

Can you share the link to this info?

It's just the British council I guess

Here you go:
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations#:~:text=We%20would%20like%20to%20inform,NGN%2086%2C250%20for%20Life%20Skills.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rasheed329(m): 2:34am On Apr 18, 2023
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rasheed329(m): 2:38am On Apr 18, 2023
Savageabiola:
Good evening all, pls my bosses in the ouz help me out on this :

I got my visa and pickup my passport already as a caregiver worker, but I mailed my employer to send me letter of invitation/offer letter so as to show at the point of Entry but I haven’t got a reply yet….what can I do?

Secondly, a friend of mine that’s in the Uk as a care giver but not in my company sent me an urgent message of the following:

Dear All,

Urgent request

All employees would now been asked at the point of Entry the following questions

Make sure your Contacts are aware of

1. The name of their employer

2. How did they find out about the job

They searched online and applied online

3.Did you get interviewed

Yes I was interviewed online

4. Do you have a contract

Yes 40 hours a week with my employer

They must have their contract with them on the day

5. What was your previous job

All employees must remenber their last job in their cv corresponding with your job role in The UK

6. Who is organising your Accomodation

My employer

7. Who is picking you up from the airport

My employer has arranged someone to pick me up and sent Me the phone number

8. What training have you undertaken

They need to have their training certificate with them

9. If they have a degree they would also be asked about what they learnt in their degree

Please be aware that if they deviate from the information provided they could be refused entry and returned back to their country of Origin

Please pass this information across to all your contacts urgently

Regards

But am not cleared with No 8 questions because, I don’t have any care experience but paid for my COS….what can I do?

Please have you been able to travel? If yes kindly let us know what happened at the entry point thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2023
beecrofty:

It's just the British council I guess

Here you go:
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations#:~:text=We%20would%20like%20to%20inform,NGN%2086%2C250%20for%20Life%20Skills.
This is wickedness!😡 Why does the UK government delight in exploiting poor 3rd-world countries! So this is the sole reason why they've blatantly refused to recognize Nigeria and other Anglophone African nations, which they even colonized, as English speakers! Mtcheew!😡

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2023
Goodly1:

This is wickedness!😡 Why does the UK government delight in exploiting poor 3rd-world countries! So this is the sole reason why they've blatantly refused to recognize Nigeria and other Anglophone African nations, which they even colonized, as English speakers! Mtcheew!😡

Be there blaming uk.....
Our leaders are the problem....all they know how to negotiate is loan that they will embezzle...

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2023
tiptoe1:

Yes i'd seen this coming and more yet to come when due to renew visa or ILR . This is the result of being too desperate by Nigerians . A job that is free and meant for high school leaver was desperately bought by the rich highly educated and well doing Nigerians . They should enjoy the consequences . Ire ooo .

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Myella: 11:09am On Apr 18, 2023
Good morning. Please who knows how to download IELTS result online
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
Bostin:
Yes i'd seen this coming and more yet to come when due to renew visa or ILR . This is the result of being too desperate by Nigerians . A job that is free and meant for high school leaver was desperately bought by the rich highly educated and well doing Nigerians . They should enjoy the consequences . Ire ooo .

No blame anybody everybody wants to JAPA in the history of Nigeria Buhari Givernment has chased people away from Nigeria lol 😂 even the ones stealing from the govt sef relocated their family and continued stealing

When them.get to that bridge they would find a way
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2023
Osa4:

No blame anybody everybody wants to JAPA in the history of Nigeria Buhari Givernment has chased people away from Nigeria lol 😂 even the ones stealing from the govt sef relocated their family and continued stealing

When them.get to that bridge they would find a way
There are better countries to relocate to with such huge amount of money who really need people in their country.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rasheed329(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2023
Bostin:
There are better countries to relocate to with such huge amount of money who really need people in their country.
Countries like? Please I’d like to know
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
rasheed329:

Countries like? Please I’d like to know
New Zealand , Australia ,Netherland , Canada and the likes .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bimflake: 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good day everyone, please after the 5yrs visa expires, is the renewal or PR automatic?
Then, is it advisable to resign ones over 300k job here and follow this route. Please i need clarification.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
Bimflake:
Good day everyone, please after the 5yrs visa expires, is the renewal or PR automatic?
Then, is it advisable to resign ones over 300k job here and follow this route. Please i need clarification.

Nothing is automatic.
You will need to apply for either extension, but know that you've qualified for ILR.
What I do not know is how hard it is to pass the ILR process, and I believe the best bet is to renew your visa and then gently applies for ILR and pass through its Exams and processes.

Earning 300k in pounds Black mkt is about £300+. Yes we pays rent once in a year and others can go into savings but is that what you really need here on earth? (You are not hearing this from me; that Africa was not designed to actually work).

Good environment, sure security, nice life, Liberty;world citizenry awaits for you if you patiently succeeds on this foreign journey.

Disadvantages includes your lineage might end up cut their African root...IF and only IF you fails to be bringing back to form friendship bond back home with their cousins & Street pals in Nigeria.

Make your decision, but think it critically

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
advanceDNA:

Be there blaming uk.....
Our leaders are the problem....all they know how to negotiate is loan that they will embezzle...
Nigeria doesn't even have leaders but looters!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Baggylee: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good day all.
Please i am new here and i have seen the participation and response of everyone here: its quite a good one and encouraging,
I have read the introductory part of the thread and i will like to ask some few questions as listed below;

As a starter, what health care certification is required as proof
How can one have it or them
How possible is it for one to get an employer if one apply directly.
Is someone in Health and Safety field in Nigeria having added advantage

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2023
Baggylee:

As a starter, what health care certification is required as proof

How can one have it or them
How possible is it for one to get an employer if one apply directly.
Is someone in Health and Safety field in Nigeria having added advantage

Thanks for your anticipated response.

U can access course online...

U can go to Allison: allison packs a few courses together and tags it a level of training..u take all..about 6 or 7 and pay for the certificate..

Florence academy on the other hand does single course....: u can take which ever u want and pay for each...most pple take

Undertsnading the care giver role
Cathether care
first aid & woud care.
Nutrition & food safety
Infection control
Caring for those recover from traumatic injury
Understanding elderly abuse

Employers are online.....google is ur friend...... its like job application everywhere ..applicants are usually more than the jobs...so u gats apply more to get success...or u could be lucky...some pple ddnt apply for too long before they jappa.and some pple paid their way through....but be wary of scams.....if u lose guard...u lose millions......

Doesnt matter the course u did...as long as u can sell urself in an interview why u want to switch to cargiving or health care niche .....health and safety sounds good....

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Baggylee: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
advanceDNA:

U can access course online...

U can go to Allison: allison pacls a few courses together and tags it a level of training..u take all..about 6 or 7 and pay for the certificate..

Florence academy on the other hand does single course....: u can take which ever u want and pay for each...most pple take

Undertsnading the care giver role
Cathether care
first aid & woud care.
Nutrition & food safety
Infection control
Caring for those recover from traumatic injury
Understanding elderly

Employers are online.....google is ur friend...... its like job application everywhere ..applicants are usually more than the jobs...so u gats apply more to get success...or u could be lucky...some pple ddnt apply for too long before they jappa.and some pple paid their eay through....but be wary of scams.....if u lose guard...u lose millions......

Doesnt matter the course u did...as long as u can sell urself in an interview why u want to switch to cargiving or health care niche .....health and safety sounds good....

Good luck

Thank you so much for your response.
This will land me a good start.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
Bimflake:

Whatever application or renewal you want to do, you have to pay for it. In case of ILR, it costs over £2,000. Renewing your visa depends on how long you want to renew for.

Over 300k/month job is over 3.6million naira per year, which sounds like a very good pay as long as you can comfortably afford your rent and other basic needs. In my honest opinion, unless you find a higher paying job in the UK (not the one you have to pay £10k for CoS), I will strongly advise you stay back and enjoy your life. There are so many other benefits you will get to enjoy back in Nigeria that you may not get here in the UK which I won't want to start mentioning so that it does not sound cliche.

However, if you can take your time to search for jobs, send out applications, take care courses and ace your interviews, then the sky will be your limit. No need for desperation.

DO NOT SELL YOUR HOUSE, CAR, FAMILY HOUSE, FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER PROPERTIES JUST TO BUY C.O.S. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY REGRET IT!!!

#MyOpinion

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Myella: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good evening. I want to ask if Florence academy charges money for certificate download. I did one test and I was asked to pay to get the certificate. Am I in the right track please

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.