Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846537 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by nams77: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Kicktaker:

The rumor is false!!!, you can use it, it's even written on ecctis website to disclaim such news
Thank you. I checked earlier
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ehizario2012: 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
eniboi:

Congratulations 🎉 , can you share with us the questions that was ask at the POE . Thanks

Well, the officer didn't ask me much. He just checked my Madam's CoS and offer letter, matched our faces with our passports, asked if our company provided accomodation and we said yes. We tried to be at ease while responding to him. Also if u have kids, let ur kids be in front, they seem to respect and play with smiling kids. In the end, just hold ur documents, know ur company address and pray for a smooth ride.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eniboi(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
ehizario2012:

Well, the officer didn't ask me much. He just checked my Madam's CoS and offer letter, matched our faces with our passports, asked if our company provided accomodation and we said yes. We tried to be at ease while responding to him. Also if u have kids, let ur kids be in front, they seem to respect and play with smiling kids. In the end, just hold ur documents, know ur company address and pray for a smooth ride.

Thanks alot
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rasheed329(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
ehizario2012:

sorry please which of the airport did u land?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Efep: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
Tier4Dependant:
NHS finally came through. 5 months after holding a conditional offer letter, CoS eventually dropped!

15 months of being a domiciliary care worker, my body hear am, my car sef hear am.

I thank God sha.

Now lemme go and update that visa 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
do you mind sharing how you got the job with me. I'm looking for same NHS job.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sirmikky1(m): 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
ehizario2012:

Hi

Please, I need some guidance

Can we talk "in camera," please?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chudycharles: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2023
Hello everyone.. Good morning, does anyone have an experience with Sputum TB test. Like how long and how can one pick the result at the office or it will be emailed back.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ehizario2012: 4:40am On Aug 17, 2023
rasheed329:
sorry please which of the airport did u land?

It's Heathrow o, that same dreaded Heathrow where they say their question is much. Truth is, questions can be asked at any airport now. Just pray for grace and have your documents handy. UK border is not UKVI, they really won't drill deep unnecessarily. Ours is better being work visa, the study visa catches more attention. One Naija guy in front of me spent like 15 mins, they even asked for tenancy agreement from him but he eventually got the stamp. God bless.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 7:41am On Aug 17, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house, please I have applied for caregiver job support worker precisely already, and am hearing that is no longer in shortage occupation list that it have bn removed from the shortage list how truth is it as am worried since yesterday that I heard about it pls someone should help me with the answer🙏🏻
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by abogjohn(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2023
IJay8:
Good morning gurus in the house, please I have applied for caregiver job support worker precisely already, and am hearing that is no longer in shortage occupation list that it have bn removed from the shortage list how truth is it as am worried since yesterday that I heard about it pls someone should help me with the answer🙏🏻
that news they were parading was in 2016.. The last shortage list that was done August 7th this year still has every care jobs on it. So don’t be worried my bro.. My hro, me too dey apply oo. I go like make we connect through email wether there is one or two we can share with each other

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2023
abogjohn:
that news they were parading was in 2016.. The last shortage list that was done August 7th this year still has every care jobs on it. So don’t be worried my bro.. My hro, me too dey apply oo. I go like make we connect through email wether there is one or two we can share with each other
Aiit thank God, sure we can connect
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pstrings: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2023
Pls house ,how much does ukvi charge for paid call in naira? I am thinking of calling them today as I have not received a decision still. today makes it 16 working days(standard application). And no nsf mail too.@advanceDNA and others pls. and any other suggestions too about my case is highly welcome
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fiendishly: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2023
pstrings:
Pls house ,how much does ukvi charge for paid call in naira? I am thinking of calling them today as I have not received a decision still. today makes it 16 working days(standard application). And no nsf mail too.@advanceDNA and others pls. and any other suggestions too about my case is highly welcome

Lol I’ve applied since June 13
Haven’t heard anything .
You for pay for priority na
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 4nylife191(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Fiendishly:

Lol I’ve applied since June 13
Haven’t heard anything .
You for pay for priority na

My Biometric since June 20th too, no news. Students are getting theirs even before 15standard time sef. I just tire jare
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eniboi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Visa Alert

Application date 23th July
Bio 27th July standard
Moved to DMC 27th July
Collection mail 16th August
Passport collected
BRB mail 17th August..

Glory be to God 🙏.

13 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ab1x: 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
eniboi:
Visa Alert

Application date 23th July
Bio 27th July standard
Moved to DMC 27th July
Collection mail 16th August
Passport collected
BRB mail 17th August..

Glory be to God 🙏.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fiendishly: 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
4nylife191:

My Biometric since June 20th too, no news. Students are getting theirs even before 15standard time sef. I just tire jare

Person just deh stuck haha since June .
Hmmm it’s well
Them go sha answer one day
My only fear is , na june I suppose don resume the work , hope e no go cause wahala for POE, if I’m lucky enough to be granted the visa ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by groovvyy: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Fiendishly:

Person just deh stuck haha since June .
Hmmm it’s well
Them go sha answer one day
My only fear is , na june I suppose don resume the work , hope e no go cause wahala for POE, if I’m lucky enough to be granted the visa ?

Actually, your resumption is subject to the approval of your visa. You can communicate with your employer, telling them about the delay you have in getting your visa approved (you likely already did this). Then print the correspondence and keep it close to you. If they say anything about it at POE, you can briefly explain that you already informed your employer about the delay and show them the print out

God go help us.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
Does this need a transit visa embarassed

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Graceytee005: 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
Good evening, can I pick up my husband's passport with mine since we submitted together.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jowhyte(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please what happens when one is expecting CoS from two different NHS Trust after accepting both offer?

The first NHS Trust has accepted my signed offer letter and did the pre-employment checks, reference and ID verification but CoS is taking time and from what I have learnt, people have been waiting for this particular NHS Trust for long without being issued COS.

Another NHS Trust where a successful interview was done just also sent a job offer today which has been accepted.

My question now is how do I manage this situation? Apparently anyone that issues COS first is what I will go for. will I be penalized by the first NHS Trust should this Second NHS Trust send me cos?

I was told one can be told to pay for the COS once it’s already issued in one’s name. We have contacted this first NHS Trust, but they are not ready to give us a specific timeline when the cos will be issued and ready to go for the second once the cos is ready.

Please guy how best can this situation be managed without ruing things up.

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Samopex05: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please those that went to Tls centre recently, do people still walk in and make the ₦44,0000 payment onsite? Or you have to book for the walk-in online.

The original appointment date is 6th of September which is very far away.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Alphadynasty01: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
Pls gurus in the house this email was sent to my wife email this afternoon, she is the main applicant for a care giving working visa, hope it’s normal and hope there is no need for us to pathetic please I will love you guys to reply thanks

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Praktikals(m): 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
Alphadynasty01:
Pls gurus in the house this email was sent to my wife email this afternoon, she is the main applicant for a care giving working visa, hope it’s normal and hope there is no need for us to pathetic please I will love you guys to reply thanks

Alphadynasty01:
Its nothing to panic about. Attach her university certificate and her Transcript to a mail and send it to Worksponsoreddocumentrequest@homeoffice.gov.uk

Use your visa reference number as the subject of the email

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AvailableD(f): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
It's straight forward just send the documents asap, and please when was her biometrics?
Alphadynasty01:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Alphadynasty01: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
AvailableD:
It's straight forward just send the documents asap, and please when was her biometrics?
our biometric was on Monday we did a workin and I paid for priority for her cause she is the main applicant I am the dependent and sorry what do you mean by it’s straight forward
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AvailableD(f): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
I mean you don't need to panic.
Alphadynasty01:
our biometric was on Monday we did a workin and I paid for priority for her cause she is the main applicant I am the dependent and sorry what do you mean by it’s straight forward
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
jowhyte:
Please what happens when one is expecting CoS from two different NHS Trust after accepting both offer?

The first NHS Trust has accepted my signed offer letter and did the pre-employment checks, reference and ID verification but CoS is taking time and from what I have learnt, people have been waiting for this particular NHS Trust for long without being issued COS.

Another NHS Trust where a successful interview was done just also sent a job offer today which has been accepted.

My question now is how do I manage this situation? Apparently anyone that issues COS first is what I will go for. will I be penalized by the first NHS Trust should this Second NHS Trust send me cos?

I was told one can be told to pay for the COS once it’s already issued in one’s name. We have contacted this first NHS Trust, but they are not ready to give us a specific timeline when the cos will be issued and ready to go for the second once the cos is ready.

Thanks
My wife had this same dilemma. She had an offer from one NHS Trust located in London last year October but the Trust was so slow in completing all the pre employment checks and issuing her COS. By March 2023, after 5 months of waiting on the Trusts, we decided it was best for her to resume job hunting cause our mind bin nor too dey that London sef due to cost of living. Luckily for her towards the end of March, she got another NHS offer which she gladly accepted. This new NHS trust had told her that they hope to get her in by May if all pre employment checks are duly completed on time with no issues. I just say erm, na so let’s wait for who will first issue COS and turn down the other(I just come dey pray make e be say na that 2nd offer go quick issue her COS because I nor like that London, but inside my mind I don still decide say if na that one still first come o, we go march am).

By the 2nd week of April this other Trust(2nd offer) gave her COS and immediately she got the COS, she wrote the first NHS Trust located in London and politely withdrew her acceptance of their offer of employment. They wished her best of luck.

My wife has since arrived in the UK and currently working as a staff nurse with the 2nd NHS Trust that was quick to issue her COS.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fredchisom(m): 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
jowhyte:

Thanks
and I have been applying for over 5months for a health care cos,biko which link did you applied from or you paid?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
jowhyte:

Thanks

1. No one will penalise you for accepting 2 offers but since you cannot work for both NHS Trusts, why accept both offers? Besides, you dey spoil road for those wey dey come for back with the Trust you will be rejecting.

2. You see that time that the first Trust is taking to give you CoS, the second Trust will take the same amount of time, if not more. So what is the point?

3. No NHS Trust will ever ask you to pay for CoS. The cost of CoS is chicken change to them.

4. How best to manage the situation: Pick one offer and reject the other one now by letting them know you have accepted another offer. Wait patiently while your CoS is being readied. Since you have gone far with the first Trust, stick with them cos the you don't want to start the process all over again with the second Trust.

My CoS took at least 5 months, likewise Tier4Dependant 's. Patience is a virtue

I hope this helps
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Samopex05: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Alphadynasty01:

For the walk in, did you pay at the tls centre or online? Is there any thing I need to do before the walk in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.