Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846223 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Biggyman11: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
whatzhuplag:
Let her do an affidavit (Change of name) and news paper publication. You will need the news paper publication page.

Optionally, I think you can submit with the different names.

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by delyht: 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
Pls how much is visa fees for dependant under cos sponsorship, both kids and adult (father). Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by alakara(m): 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
Biggyman11:

Please i have another questions . Can my wife still use her passport even when it carries her fathers surname and not mine? do we need to do a change of name on any news paper or should we just submit like that with different surname even though we are married?
Is better you use her passport like that since time is not on your side. You can use it like that or change her name. The choice is yours to take.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AirstarObag: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hi. Please I'd like to apply to the UK from Nigeria as a caregiver. I'd like anyone there as a caregiver from Nigeria to give me hints on how to go about it and all it entails. The only thing I have right now is my passport.

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by delyht: 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
Pls how much is visa fees for dependant under cos sponsorship, both kids and adult (father). Thanks.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ceejay2: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
jurhnsyn:
Please guys, visa was issued September 15 and BRP is not yet available at the post office. Has anyone experienced this? What can I do?

Email them about it.

Brpcollection@homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by salawustyles(m): 7:27am On Dec 08, 2023
Good day everyone
Who has been able to successfully get a skilled work visa and is currently working in the UK ,I need guidance
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Plenty of us.

Go ahead and ask your questions.

salawustyles:
Good day everyone
Who has been able to successfully get a skilled work visa and is currently working in the UK ,I need guidance
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Please, who has travelled with Kenyan Airlines? How much was charged for an extra luggage (23kg)?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by delyht: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pls how much is uk visa fees for dependant under cos sponsorship, both kids and adult (father). Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Omalizumab: 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Anyone here who had biometrics in the Portharcourt center on Wednesday (6th December)?

Had mine and application was transferred to DMC same day. But no email about DMC receiving it yesterday or today. Tracking still at Transferred to DMC.

Worried if the time lag is enough for me to be concerned. Considering DMC needs to receive it to even begin working towards a decision.

I understand DMC receives most applications the following day after biometrics.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by salawustyles(m): 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
cbn4main:
Plenty of us.

Go ahead and ask your questions.

How can get InTouch with you privately
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Cyclops33: 4:31am On Dec 09, 2023
Hi all, I am helping a relative fill their dependent visa for skilled work, his wife came to Nigeria to get married to him after living in the UK for over a year.
A question on the form say "have you lived apart since the past 2 years" I answered Yes. This is because she was in the UK and he was in Nigeria. Now they want him to show proof that they were in a relationship while apart in addition to their marriage certificate. Could I have answered yes in that section?
Please people who recently fill this form what did you answer and what did you submit as proof?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kino47: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2023
electromagnito:
It's quite frustrating with UKVI causing delays for everyone, including universities processing Certificates of Sponsorship (COS). My university applied for my COS on November 3rd, and so far, there's been no word from UKVI, according to our HR. I'm hoping that those who had their employers apply for COS in November have received a response, so I can feel more at ease. I just hope I won't regret turning down other research offers for the UK. Frustrating situation.
Anything yet ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by electromagnito: 11:09am On Dec 09, 2023
Nothing yet, yesterday makes it exactly 5 weeks since my HR filled for my CoS. I thought universities researchers have special status. Its quite disappointing. I'm supposed to resume in first week of February. After next week, universities will be closed for the winter break, so it means till January. I regret rejecting all my other research offers. Finger crossed anyways

kino47:

Anything yet ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kino47: 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
electromagnito:
Nothing yet, yesterday makes it exactly 5 weeks since my HR filled for my CoS. I thought universities researchers have special status. Its quite disappointing. I'm supposed to resume in first week of February. After next week, universities will be closed for the winter break, so it means till January. I regret rejecting all my other research offers. Finger crossed anyways

Are you the first person they are sponsoring and have the school tried to reach them February is still far what about people that there visa is valid till January and no response yet
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chyzoo4u(m): 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hello landers,

Please I'll like to get advice on this issue. During my brother's visa application, we made mistake and uploaded another person's ECCTIS document instead of my bro own. It's just an oversight because he has his own.

We got a refusal mail highlighting the error and when was given option of administrative review with his wife and son. They awarded him 60 points out of 70 because of that document.

We've applied for administrative review 5 daysago, their passport has been returned by DHL.

I want the experienced house to advise us on whether to apply for a new CoS or keep waiting for the outcome of the AR. From your experience, do you think he stands a chance of getting visa?

Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
chyzoo4u:
Hello landers,

Please I'll like to get advice on this issue. During my brother's visa application, we made mistake and uploaded another person's ECCTIS document instead of my bro own. It's just an oversight because he has his own.

We got a refusal mail highlighting the error and when was given option of administrative review with his wife and son. They awarded him 60 points out of 70 because of that document.

We've applied for administrative review 5 daysago, their passport has been returned by DHL.

I want the experienced house to advise us on whether to apply for a new CoS or keep waiting for the outcome of the AR. From your experience, do you think he stands a chance of getting visa?

shocked Uploaded another person's Ecctis document instead of his own!😳 I'm trying to figure out, like what was he doing with another person's Ecctis document in the first place?🤔

Well, it may be best to reapply as the fault wasn't UKVI's, although I feel they could've sent him an NSF email & requested his English proficiency proof. And that could've offered him a second chance for him to right his wrong.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Samguine: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2023
Cyclops33:
Hi all, I am helping a relative fill their dependent visa for skilled work, his wife came to Nigeria to get married to him after living in the UK for over a year.
A question on the form say "have you lived apart since the past 2 years" I answered Yes. This is because she was in the UK and he was in Nigeria. Now they want him to show proof that they were in a relationship while apart in addition to their marriage certificate. Could I have answered yes in that section?
Please people who recently fill this form what did you answer and what did you submit as proof?

Take screenshot of the chats, screenshot of videos calls, pictures taken together before she traveled, receipts of financial transactions, DMs etc. All should have the dates.

That's all you need. Something to proof that they were in a relationship while apart
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
chyzoo4u:
Hello landers,

The ECO was just overflexing her muscles ...pple that submit wrong English test which is technically the same case here are given 10days to submit the right one...

I feel U have a chance to win as the Sheffield Administrative review team are usual more kind provided u argued ur case under the option that the ECO should have given u more allowance to push in ur own document .....there is a reason why NSF was created

Still..I don't advise AR... because the wait time to get ur new decision from DMC after the refusal is overturned by Sheffield is usually tiring...but if u don't have money for another application .. Wait for ur AR....

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LadyAmyy: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hello everyone, Skilled workers in the UK, please I have a plan, but I would like to know if it's a good one.

Can one go through the visitor's route to secure a job and then come back to Nigeria to apply for a work visa, since switching from a visit visa to a work visa in the UK is impossible?

I intend to visit the UK next year and while there, I will be applying for jobs hoping to get sponsorship, that way I can come back to Nigeria and the company can issue me a COS.

Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Adolfnigeria: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2023
Depends what sort of job you are looking for?

LadyAmyy:
Hello everyone, Skilled workers in the UK, please I have a plan, but I would like to know if it's a good one.

Can one go through the visitor's route to secure a job and then come back to Nigeria to apply for a work visa, since switching from a visit visa to a work visa in the UK is impossible?

I intend to visit the UK next year and while there, I will be applying for jobs hoping to get sponsorship, that way I can come back to Nigeria and the company can issue me a COS.

Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
LadyAmyy:

Thank you.
Yes, you can. I think someone here shared a similar story of getting an offer while on a visit. The major advantage this idea gives you is that you can attend interviews physically, which most employers prefer nowadays. However, there's no guarantee; just ensure you apply as though your life depends on it, once you arrive. Good luck.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chyzoo4u(m): 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Goodly1:

shocked Uploaded another person's Ecctis document instead of his own!😳 I'm trying to figure out, like what was he doing with another person's Ecctis document in the first place?🤔

Well, it may be best to reapply as the fault wasn't UKVI's, although I feel they could've sent him an NSF email & requested his English proficiency proof. And that could've offered him a second chance for him to right his wrong.

Thanks for your response, I truly appreciate your input.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chyzoo4u(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

The ECO was just overflexing her muscles ...pple that submit wrong English test which is technically the same case here are given 10days to submit the right one...

I feel U have a chance to win as the Sheffield Administrative review team are usual more kind provided u argued ur case under the option that the ECO should have given u more allowance to push in ur own document .....there is a reason why NSF was created

Still..I don't advise AR... because the wait time to get ur new decision from DMC after the refusal is overturned by Sheffield is usually tiring...but if u don't have money for another application .. Wait for ur AR....

Thanks bro... but another application will require a new CoS as I learnt. Please, is that true?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Preeteeshir(f): 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Omalizumab:
Anyone here who had biometrics in the Portharcourt center on Wednesday (6th December)?

Had mine and application was transferred to DMC same day. But no email about DMC receiving it yesterday or today. Tracking still at Transferred to DMC.

Worried if the time lag is enough for me to be concerned. Considering DMC needs to receive it to even begin working towards a decision.

I understand DMC receives most applications the following day after biometrics.
Hello, please can I send you an email?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ceejay2: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
chyzoo4u:

Thanks bro... but another application will require a new CoS as I learnt. Please, is that true?

If your CoS of still valid you can use it to apply nothing wrong using it.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Omalizumab: 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2023
Sure

Preeteeshir:
Hello, please can I send you an email?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
chyzoo4u:

It depends......check the date ur COS was issued
If ur COS has expired before the refusal came out...i.e more than 3months from issued date......then u will need another cos.....

If ur COS is still valid....then u can fly another application immediately
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dupyshoo: 3:52am On Dec 10, 2023
This response is incorrect. If your visa application is refused, a new COS will be required.
See SK 11.16 in the attachment bellow
advanceDNA:

It depends......check the date ur COS was issued
If ur COS has expired before the refusal came out...i.e more than 3months from issued date......then u will need another cos.....

If ur COS is still valid....then u can fly another application immediately

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:55am On Dec 10, 2023
dupyshoo:
This response is incorrect. If your visa application is refused, a new COS will be required.
See SK 11.16 in the attachment bellow

.... I nor dey argue theory ....UKVI sef no sabi interprete their own rules sometimes

U know how many times pple don use COS wey never expire ...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2023
Most jobs will require your Right to Work share code either at application stage or during documentation. With a visit visa, you wouldn't have the code.

LadyAmyy:

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.