Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,592 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846227 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 6:45am On Dec 13, 2023
ADVICE NEEDED!

My friend got an NSF email from DMC that the CoS she applied for her visa with is not the type meant for those applying for entry clearance. They said the employer should assign her a "Defined" CoS and she should send the new CoS ref number to DMC within 10 working days.

Employer said they'll look into it. Please what's the best way forward for her, considering that a new CoS can take a long time to be ready? I don tire to dey comfort person.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by electromagnito: 11:08am On Dec 13, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Iruobe1987: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
electromagnito:
Hello everyone, I find myself in a state of panic and frustration after my first post here. Although I realize there's little that can be done, I feel the need to express my concerns. I submitted all my documents to ABC University, the institution that has accepted me. Initially, I was informed that the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) had been requested in the first week of November, specifically around the 3rd, and that I should expect to receive it within two weeks. However, as November passed, I heard nothing. In early December, I sent a reminder, fearing that I might have missed the mail if they had already sent it. Their response mentioned delays caused by UKIV around this time of year.

However, my concern deepened when I checked online and found people who submitted in November receiving their COS within 9-20 working days. This situation is causing me regret, especially considering that I turned down other offers in France and the US to be closer to my family in the UK. Although my intended start date is in February, the lack of control over this situation is weighing heavily on me. I earnestly hope to receive the COS soon to alleviate these doubts. Initially, I assumed that the COS for researchers coming to the UK would be processed swiftly, given the reputable nature of the universities involved. Unfortunately, I find myself in a disheartening situation.
I understand how you feel, because i am also waiting for COS from my employer as well. But all you can do now is to wait as worrying too much wouldn't solve anything it will only affect your mental health. Everything will be fine. Fingers crossed
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Lahotade: 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
I've been waiting for my COS since October 14 after I received conditional offer of appointment. Each time I come online to read your comment, I say to myself "it's not just only me that's waiting for COS"

Bros, just relax... God will do it for us. I have also read on several pages of how guy are complaining of delay in release of COS.

Right now, I've entered into prayer room. I have no power of my own. Oga Keeping praying!!!

electromagnito:
Hello everyone, I find myself in a state of panic and frustration after my first post here. Although I realize there's little that can be done, I feel the need to express my concerns. I submitted all my documents to ABC University, the institution that has accepted me. Initially, I was informed that the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) had been requested in the first week of November, specifically around the 3rd, and that I should expect to receive it within two weeks. However, as November passed, I heard nothing. In early December, I sent a reminder, fearing that I might have missed the mail if they had already sent it. Their response mentioned delays caused by UKIV around this time of year.

However, my concern deepened when I checked online and found people who submitted in November receiving their COS within 9-20 working days. This situation is causing me regret, especially considering that I turned down other offers in France and the US to be closer to my family in the UK. Although my intended start date is in February, the lack of control over this situation is weighing heavily on me. I earnestly hope to receive the COS soon to alleviate these doubts. Initially, I assumed that the COS for researchers coming to the UK would be processed swiftly, given the reputable nature of the universities involved. Unfortunately, I find myself in a disheartening situation.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kino47: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Happyfellow147: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

I’m filling my visa application for a healthcare worker visa.

I have gotten to the visa payment stage and paid and got a notification that they will write me on the evidence to provide.
The next day, they sent me this mail in the screenshot.

I don’t know how to proceed as they didn’t tell me what evidence to upload.
Right now, I haven’t paid IHS fee and I don’t know if I have done the right thing

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Efftyy: 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone,

I’m filling my visa application for a healthcare worker visa.

I have gotten to the visa payment stage and paid and got a notification that they will write me on the evidence to provide.
The next day, they sent me this mail in the screenshot.

I don’t know how to proceed as they didn’t tell me what evidence to upload.
Right now, I haven’t paid IHS fee and I don’t know if I have done the right thing

Click on the Link or Login to your account and continue.
Are you Changing employer or you are switching Visa ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Happyfellow147: 4:14am On Dec 14, 2023
Efftyy:

Click on the Link or Login to your account and continue.
Are you Changing employer or you are switching Visa ?

Switching visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Godblesmyhustle: 5:50am On Dec 14, 2023
Please ooo, I am patiently waiting for my HealthCare COS so that I can apply for entry visa for my family (wifey & Children)

when does the new guideline kick in?

who has received approvals for family under healthcare COS lately, please share your experience and timelines..

This wait is killing......God when !!

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KingChief01: 9:13am On Dec 14, 2023
Morning Everyone, I've been here before back in February to prep for Immigration, I couldn't get the caregiver job back due to delay of my IELTS result back then and now, I've gotten 2 job offers (Look at God o). My question is, Where do I begin from now? Because I have my Passport and IELTS UKVI General(Passed). What else do I need to do? I want to know all the steps to take so I can prepare to go to the embassy here in Abuja. And How much will I need to budget for all these steps.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by okeysoninv: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2023
KingChief01:
Morning Everyone, I've been here before back in February to prep for Immigration, I couldn't get the caregiver job back due to delay of my IELTS result back then and now, I've gotten 2 job offers (Look at God o). My question is, Where do I begin from now? Because I have my Passport and IELTS UKVI General(Passed). What else do I need to do? I want to know all the steps to take so I can prepare to go to the embassy here in Abuja. And How much will I need to budget for all these steps.
do you have cos?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by okeysoninv: 9:56am On Dec 14, 2023
Godblesmyhustle:
Please ooo, I am patiently waiting for my HealthCare COS so that I can apply for entry visa for my family (wifey & Children)

when does the new guideline kick in?

who has received approvals for family under healthcare COS lately, please share your experience and timelines..

This wait is killing......God when !!
home office is scrutinizing companies that issues cos now. Its no longer easy to get cos. A lot of investigation is going on before cos can be issue.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KingChief01: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2023
okeysoninv:
do you have cos?

Company said it will be sent but I should get other things ready while they do their thing
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by illuminaty(m): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2023
KingChief01:

Company said it will be sent but I should get other things ready while they do their thing

Then I suggest you get your police report and medicals ready
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KingChief01: 11:18am On Dec 14, 2023
illuminaty:

Only those? How much will they cost, I know the TB test is about 60k naira, idk if it has increased
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by alakara(m): 11:20am On Dec 14, 2023
Don't get the police report now, get it when your cos is ready. it expires after 3 months.
illuminaty:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by illuminaty(m): 11:21am On Dec 14, 2023
KingChief01:

Only those? How much will they cost, I know the TB test is about 60k naira, idk if it has increased

IOM here in Lagos....57,800

Police report varies in price....it all depends on how urgently you need it but hold btw 30k(which is the official price) to 45k for fast tracking

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by clementagege(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2023
Hello family its been a while I came on here I decided to check and see updates, with the new rules and situation of things at the moment its very important to plan and starategize. When I got to the point of entry in Heathrow the immigration officer engaged me with series of questions and I could sense she wanted be to flop so I won't come into the uk . Unexpected questions to expect are - have you done this job before? Were did you work ? How long did you work there ? Always have this as a back up plan so they won't have an excuse to turn you back . Godspeed

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fireoflife: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2023
okeysoninv:
home office is scrutinizing companies that issues cos now. Its no longer easy to get cos. A lot of investigation is going on before cos can be issue.
apparently Chinese troops invaded us mainland today. Someone put the fear of God into their leaders. So they should be in the process of withdrawal now. If not it'll be in the news about this time tomorrow.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Happyfellow147: 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please what documents should I upload as evidence for the healthcare visa?

Brp
Marriage certificate bank statement
Cos
Proof of studies
Etc

Should I select all of them and upload or what do I do?

The application is changing from dependant visa to healthcare visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KingChief01: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2023
illuminaty:

IOM here in Lagos....57,800

Police report varies in price....it all depends on how urgently you need it but hold btw 30k(which is the official price) to 45k for fast tracking

Thank you Very much for this, Aside from these 2 we've spoken about, Is there anything else I need to go for?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by electromagnito: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2023
Finally got my CoS today. Thanks to everyone. Hope those waiting for theirs will get it soonest as well. All the best.

6 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by illuminaty(m): 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2023
electromagnito:
Finally got my CoS today. Thanks to everyone. Hope those waiting for theirs will get it soonest as well. All the best.

Congratulations 👏🎉
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Iruobe1987: 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
electromagnito:
Congrats
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2023
electromagnito:
Awwnn...☺️ So your hot blood can now cool down.😁
Congratulations!🎉👏🏿
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by America001: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
Please bosses is Revolut (pounds) account statement accepted by UKVI?

I know Monzo is accepted because they have a UK banking license but I'm curious about Revolut.

Has anyone submitted it in their application before?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Noblesunny(f): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
Good afternoon house,pls is it possible for someone with standard IELTS to get job in UK?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
Noblesunny:
Good afternoon house,pls is it possible for someone with standard IELTS to get job in UK?
IELTS for UKVI is needed for your Skilled Worker visa application only, not job application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2023
ChisomFav2000:

Have you passed your IELTS?

grin grin grin You're not nice

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2023
obynocute:
Greetings house, must one come back to Nigeria to do wedding or court wedding before applying for a dependant visa?

If your partner is in Nigeria, its best to come back for the wedding so you can have pictures together as proof it was not an arranged marriage
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hopefullllll:
Good day good people
I'm new on nairaland. Just registered but ve been following this page for some time now.

Please I ve questions🙏🏽
1. can a dependant visa applicant give different UK address to the one given by MA during his own application? As per TB test.

2. Please guys help with this scenerio.

Female name appear as (example)
Uche Michelle Adeyemo in marriage certificate and did newspaper publication change of surname ONLY without saying she wants to change her middle name also. And just put another middle name : Mary in the newspaper and affidavit , not Mitchelle.

Ie Uche Mary Adeyemo wants to change to Uche Mary Guma

Now passport bears Uche Mary Guma. No change of name affidavit was done to notify about the middle name change.

Summary.
Middle name on passport is different from middlename used during marriage certificate

Please will this pose a problem?

1. YES. You can give a different address as to what MA since anyone can change their accommodation at anytime.

2. Since you are married, i believe you are an adult. So I see no reason why the usage of multiple middle names. That could reduce the credibility of your application as the 2 middle names could mean different people and also mean you are trying to impersonate someone else.

What you can do:

1. Apply for a change of name either on your passport or on the marriage certificate.

2. If the above is impossible, get a sworn affidavit stating that the bearer of both names is the same person.

3. Go into fasting and prayer that UKVI should not reason your matter.

I hope this helps.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by obynocute(m): 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2023
dee1504:

If your partner is in Nigeria, its best to come back for the wedding so you can have pictures together as proof it was not an arranged marriage
Yeah, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.