Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (865305 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by JosephNJunior: 7:20pm On May 17
Hello everyone, I really need your help.

So, my wife and I are applying to move to England for work, with one of us being the dependent. We have been married for nearly eight months now, and before our marriage, dated for three years.

In our application, we came across a question that has left us a little confused and we need some help answering it. First, we were asked: 'Have you lived continuously together for the last two years,' to which we answered 'No'. The following question read, 'Give a reason why you have not lived together for the last two years,' and we explained that we were not permitted to live together before marriage due to our culture. But we have lived together every day for the past seven months. The next question, which is really the confusing one read, 'Can you provide evidence of why you lived apart?'

We have asked a number of people if we should answer 'Yes' to the last question, and they've all replied in the affirmative, as they believe it's the best way to avoid risking a denial. However, we feel that the question may not apply to us since we have not lived apart since our nearly eight-month old marriage began, but then, we also fear that answering 'No' to the question may leave a loophole for the visa review team to exploit.

So this is me requesting help from experts in this forum. What answer should we provide to that question, and if you believe it should be in the affirmative, what would suffice as evidence in that sense?

I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zakikaki: 8:22pm On May 17
deji300:
Need explanation

What role did you apply for? Let's take it from there
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 8:10am On May 18
JosephNJunior:

So, my wife and I are applying to move to England for work, with one of us being the dependent. We have been married for nearly eight months now, and before our marriage, dated for three years.

In our application, we came across a question that has left us a little confused and we need some help answering it. First, we were asked: 'Have you lived continuously together for the last two years,' to which we answered 'No'. The following question read, 'Give a reason why you have not lived together for the last two years,' and we explained that we were not permitted to live together before marriage due to our culture. But we have lived together every day for the past seven months. The next question, which is really the confusing one read, 'Can you provide evidence of why you lived apart?'

We have asked a number of people if we should answer 'Yes' to the last question, and they've all replied in the affirmative, as they believe it's the best way to avoid risking a denial. However, we feel that the question may not apply to us since we have not lived apart since our nearly eight-month old marriage began, but then, we also fear that answering 'No' to the question may leave a loophole for the visa review team to exploit.

So this is me requesting help from experts in this forum. What answer should we provide to that question, and if you believe it should be in the affirmative, what would suffice as evidence in that sense?

If you lived in different cities while in Nigeria, you submit your proof of address, employment.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by deji300(m): 12:10pm On May 18
Care worker
Zakikaki:

What role did you apply for? Let's take it from there
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Samguine: 1:33am On May 21
JosephNJunior:

Very easy.

Just provide proof you guys lived apart. During my own application, I provided the offer letters of the jobs we were doing while living apart (included our addresses).

So you can provide proof of address (utility bills, bank statements) etc. Whatever it is that has the addresses where you both lived.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hopefullllll: 1:42pm On May 22
Hello everyone

Please if TB certificate will soon expire lets say June 10. and one uses it like that in application,

must one do biometrics before June 10 also ?

If no...can the expired certificate be taken abroad after visa is given or it's better to just do a new one totally

Please advise
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 7:40pm On May 22
deji300:
Need explanation
Again!😳
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by wondychiqe: 6:51am On May 23
Good morning beautiful people, I applied to an healthcare home and they have gotten back to me but said I will have to do an online training for 2 weeks before I can be employed. Then take an assessment too. But where I am skeptical is that the training is 65 pounds, how true is this please? Though they promised to cover other expenses. Please who has had similar situation?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 12:50pm On May 23
wondychiqe:
Good morning beautiful people, I applied to an healthcare home and they have gotten back to me but said I will have to do an online training for 2 weeks before I can be employed. Then take an assessment too. But where I am skeptical is that the training is 65 pounds, how true is this please? Though they promised to cover other expenses. Please who has had similar situation?

Japaaaaa.......
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sweetkid: 2:19pm On May 23
Hello everyone. I am already in the UK, I am in need of sponsorship from any employer. I have 2 years experience in care. But, I am open to work in another sector, it must not be care. I have a masters degree in creative technology. Please somebody should recommend any link for me. I currently stay in Kent.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by PeterObi4LP: 2:58pm On May 23
Sweetkid:
Hello everyone. I am already in the UK, I am in need of sponsorship from any employer. I have 2 years experience in care. But, I am open to work in another sector, it must not be care. I have a masters degree in creative technology. Please somebody should recommend any link for me. I currently stay in Kent.

Inbox me
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by PeterObi4LP: 3:00pm On May 23
wondychiqe:

Run for your dear life. No UK base employer will request money from you. Can you list the name of the organization here let's check their website.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by PeterObi4LP: 3:03pm On May 23
Hopefullllll:
Hello everyone

Please if TB certificate will soon expire lets say June 10. and one uses it like that in application,

must one do biometrics before June 10 also ?

If no...can the expired certificate be taken abroad after visa is given or it's better to just do a new one totally

Please advise

Do a new one to avoid story that touch the heart.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ifedolapo57(m): 9:52pm On May 23
hey did you get your visa?
Gmave:
Hi guys,
Please I've applied for skilled worker visa, my wife got a nursing job.
We've done everything we need to do so far.
We did biometrics on the 25th of Jan,
12 working days so far, biometrics remains stuck @ received by Dmc,
She has to resume by 25th of Feb or Cos might be withdrawn.
Only mail we've gotten so far is to upload TB certificate, which we have.
I'm panicking a bit, I've called them, they said decision hasn't been made. Help?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queenruth4life: 10:48pm On May 23
Hello everyone,

Is it possible for someone with o'level result get a care job or nonclinical hospital Jobs in the UK.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by PeterObi4LP: 10:59pm On May 23
taalas:
LONG WALK TO SUCCESS

Indeed my Easter came early...

What an incredible journey I've been through! My perseverance and determination are truly inspiring. Despite the long and sometimes challenging process, I never gave up on my dream of relocating via the work route.

My timeline showcases the ups and downs of the application process, from the initial application to the final approval. It's a testament to my resilience and commitment.

This my success serves as a beacon of hope for anyone facing similar challenges. It demonstrates that with patience, persistence, and belief in yourself, even the most daunting obstacles can be overcome.

**Job Application Process:

Applied for the job on Indeed UK: 1st January 2023
Received an invitation for an interview: 9th January 2023
Attended zoom interview: 13th January 2023
Received verbal confirmation of successful interview from HR: 16th January 2023
Received written confirmation of successful interview via email: 19th January 2023

**Post-Interview Period:

Experienced a period of silence...

**Job Offer and Pre-Employment Procedures:

Received job offer: 9th May 2023
Signed and submitted job contract and employment documents: 16th May 2023
Referees were contacted and letters submitted: 19th May 2023
Received Ecctis letter: 26th June 2023
Applied for AccessNI: 7th July 2023
Received AccessNI certificate: 10th July 2023
Requested to choose night shifts for salary eligibility for sponsorship: 2nd August 2023
Underwent employment gap check: 22nd August 2023
Submitted passport biodata page: 24th August 2023
Completed TB medical test: 26th August 2023
Made PCC payment: 18th September 2023
Manager requested submission of all passport pages(both the expired and current copies): 25th September 2023

**Post-Submission Period:

Continued communication with manager and HR regarding sponsorship application progress..

**Renewal and Further Procedures:

TB certificate expired: 26th January 2024
Signed code of conduct form as requested by HR: 5th March 2024
Asked to confirm sponsorship continuation: 5th March 2024
Notified of progress in sponsorship application by sponsorship team: 7th March 2024
Legal team provided Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) and instructed to start application: 10th March 2024(Sunday afternoon 3:16pm)
Submitted application before immigration policy change deadline: 10th March 2024(Sunday night 11:30pm)
Completed PCC at Alagbon: 8th March 2024
Undertook another TB test: 14th March 2024
Legal team indicated readiness for application submission: 17th March 2024
Completed biometrics: 18th March 2024
Received request for additional documents: 21st March 2024 (Degree certificate or official transcripts)
Submitted additional documents same day:21st March 2024

**Final Stages and Notification:

Received TLS collection mail: 28th March 2024 (4:08pm)
Received decision letter and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) mail: 29th March 2024 (11:20pm)

NOTE:

For the fact that immigration rule changed on the 11th March for care route and I started trying to pay for my visa application from 8pm until 11:30 pm on Sunday night, the 10th March 2023. All payments failed and declined, contacted bank customer care representatives 12 times and was referred to anti fraud department 10 times. And just 30 minutes gap to the new immigration rule change the payment went through!

My DCoS showed I was expected to start work December 2023,that meant my sponsorship application of August/September 2023 was actually delayed until March 2024.

Oh God, my father , what an extravagant love you showered on a sparrow like me. .Nah you do this one.. receive all praises and thanks giving! I am eternally grateful!

Also many thanks to NL comrades for guidance and contributions. Baba @advanceDNA,thanks for always being there for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Na this kind good news dey give me Joy overflow. Congratulations. The God wey do am for you, will also do it for me and others. Amen

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hopefullllll: 9:31am On May 24
PeterObi4LP:

Do a new one to avoid story that touch the heart.

Oh thank you.

But can I do a new one while the subsisting one is still valid? Will it cancel the former one out ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Iyeoma2525: 11:26am On May 24
Hello everyone.

Please I need counsel.

I'm a nurse aspiring to relocate to the UK. I've written the major exams (ielts and CBT) but ever since then jobs have not been forth coming... I'm left with the option of self sponsorship, of which have not been easy carrying out cause of funds. I've solicited for funds from friends or even loan but none was successful. I'm so sad and depressed because it took a lot of efforts to get to this point. Even getting a sponsor at least help with accommodation to reduce cost is still not possible. Many of my colleagues already started making advancement in their career but I'm just stucked. I have cried my eyes I'm just a young girl that wants to make ends meet with no body to support... I'm considering forgetting about relocation even with the efforts. I need help 😭
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 8:08pm On May 24
Iyeoma2525:
Hello everyone.

Please I need counsel.

I'm a nurse aspiring to relocate to the UK. I've written the major exams (ielts and CBT) but ever since then jobs have not been forth coming... I'm left with the option of self sponsorship, of which have not been easy carrying out cause of funds. I've solicited for funds from friends or even loan but none was successful. I'm so sad and depressed because it took a lot of efforts to get to this point. Even getting a sponsor at least help with accommodation to reduce cost is still not possible. Many of my colleagues already started making advancement in their career but I'm just stucked. I have cried my eyes I'm just a young girl that wants to make ends meet with no body to support... I'm considering forgetting about relocation even with the efforts. I need help 😭
Since you've got this far, throwing in the towel will be absolutely disappointing. Don't give up if your God hasn't given up on you.💪🏿

Most people who succeeded via this route didn't achieve it on a silver platter or in one day. This route isn't for the faint hearted, especially if you want to get it on merit.

As a qualified nurse, you've got more chances of getting sponsorships, even with relocation packages included, than others who have no nursing/health qualifications. Hundreds, or even more, of nurses are still being recruited to the UK on a regular basis and you could be one of these soon.

You're already one step🪜 ahead and I encourage you to keep applying, especially to NHS trusts on the NHS jobs website. You may want to specifically search for those with 'International nurse' included on the adverts.

You can also try band 4 nursing assistant roles, just to get in. The UK isn't only made up of England, so you may also want to spread your application to other parts of the UK - just think out of the box. I'm confident that you shall return here someday soon with your own visa alert testimony. 😊
All the best.👍🏿

8 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osoderi(m): 8:54am On May 29
Morning house. pls who has recently travelled from Nigeria and carried extra 23kg to travel back to UK. pls how much??Turkish airline is charging my friend ₦310,000 to carry her 23kg, the amount is too much. pls anybody know how much other airlines are charging for extra 23kg? Thank u
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osoderi(m): 9:29am On May 29
Good day house pls I need advice for my family friend who is here in the UK with her husband, she needs help from us/ advice/ suggestions. The home office has written to them to leave the UK, because their student route was not successful after the hubby failed on several occasions. Before their visa expired this year January, the lady tried looking for sponsorship,unfortunately she did not get, so a lawyer adviced they apply for PSW on the ground that her hubby will repeat and pass the exams,which they quickly did, but he failed it again and home office refused the application. We are so confused now. They are now overstayers. She is trying to seek asylum. please have anybody gone through this process OR you know any one that has gone through this asylum. Some pple advised to seek asylum in Ireland. Can anybody help us with a good lawyer that can assist. She doesn't have a job now.

Going back home is not the best solution now. pls help we are confused now. Not easy on them. Thank u.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:07am On May 29
Osoderi:
Good day house pls I need advice for my family friend who is here in the UK with her husband, she needs help from us/ advice/ suggestions. The home office has written to them to leave the UK, because their student route was not successful after the hubby failed on several occasions. Before their visa expired this year January, the lady tried looking for sponsorship,unfortunately she did not get, so a lawyer adviced they apply for PSW on the ground that her hubby will repeat and pass the exams,which they quickly did, but he failed it again and home office refused the application. We are so confused now. They are now overstayers. She is trying to seek asylum. please have anybody gone through this process OR you know any one that has gone through this asylum. Some pple advised to seek asylum in Ireland. Can anybody help us with a good lawyer that can assist. She doesn't have a job now.

Going back home is not the best solution now. pls help we are confused now. Not easy on them. Thank u.

Haaaa...they shouldn't have over stayed naaa
That would have at least given them chance to return or go to another country

It's either they leave voluntarily and hope for the best in nigeria...because surviving without valid visa in the UK is not beans.....pple do it shaa for those wey rugged and get mind and they later use other means to get stay... But this other means nor easy for married couples

but once they leave voluntarily.... that is automatic ban because they have over stayed for more than 30days.... and it will become difficult for them to enter even any other country
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kumbhuru: 3:12am On May 30
Please who can put me through the visa application process? What documents would I need for the HCW visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:22pm On May 30
kumbhuru:
Please who can put me through the visa application process? What documents would I need for the HCW visa

Passport
Cos; number or document containing number given to u by employer ...
TB test...
Police report
iELTS or NARIC report..
Bank statement showing 1270pounds equivalent in naira if ur employer is not supporting you by ticking yes to maintenance on ur COS form.

If u married; and applying together ...marriage certificate, other proof of ur union...what's app chat, pics...same documents as above for the spouse minus ielts, plus application ref number of main applicant (ielts is only for main applicant)

If u have children, NPC birth certificate and same as above documents minus police report and NARIC plus ref number of main applicant
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kumbhuru: 7:47pm On May 30
advanceDNA:

Passport
TB test...
Police report
iELTS or NARIC report..
Bank statement showing 1270pounds equivalent in naira if ur employer is not supporting you by ticking yes to maintenance on ur COS form.

If u married; and applying together ...marriage certificate, other proof of ur union...what's app chat, pics...same documents as above for the spouse minus ielts, plus application ref number of main applicant (ielts is only for main applicant)

If u have children, NPC birth certificate and same as above documents minus police report and NARIC plus ref number of main applicant

[right][/right]

Thank you. From these I need two more things
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kumbhuru: 1:52pm On May 31
advanceDNA:

Passport
TB test...
Police report
iELTS or NARIC report..

What identity document could I put here please ? I have voters card and NIN but those do not have expiry dates

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:45pm On May 31
kumbhuru:

What identity document could I put here please ? I have voters card and NIN but those do not have expiry dates

Anyone u like....u cannot use ninslip...it's has to be the ID card..

Makes sure the information is not different from ur passport

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eyisax: 2:52am
Sir, please help us get our money back from Abiosun Olatunbosun and his wife shalom. They scammed a lot of people of over £50k for CoS!! Please help us , he’s in the uk.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eyisax: 2:57am
Any information leading to their arrest will be appreciated and highly compensated.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RodgersAkpafu: 3:03am
Eyisax:
Sir, please help us get our money back from Abiosun Olatunbosun and his wife shalom. They scammed a lot of people of over £50k for CoS!! Please help us , he’s in the uk.

this is serious

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eyisax: 3:23am
He’s been playing people for over a year, issuing them fake COS, getting them banned for his own selfish interest, we’re in Nigeria and we can’t reach him anymore. Anyone with useful information pls!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.