Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,813 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (843693 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ismailtaiwo2000: 4:45am On Apr 07
Well noted, thank you very much

Omankem8:
I think you can still use your dcos, if your employers try to cancel it or change it, then the new salary rules will have to apply to you. So what you need to do is to write a cover letter, put it in a pdf and upload it with your other documents.

The Home office are expecting such clashes and they will treat it as such. Simply input the new code that covers your job description and also tell your trust to kindly update the information from their end.

On no account should you let them cancel that cos!
You will loose this job instantly! There’s a part of the dcos that lets them explain or add additional information, they should simply use that to update your cos and not cancel and reissue a new one, this is why you haven’t heard from them because they’re still trying to figure it out!
Wishing you all the best.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ismailtaiwo2000: 4:47am On Apr 07
Thanks for your response. The deadline was extended to 7pm on April 3.
The Home Office sent the extension notice to key personnel on the sponsor lists.

If the sponsor management system was down they wouldn't have been able to assign the CoS to me.

Zahra29:

There was a deadline of 19:00 on 02 April to apply for or assign CoS ahead of the SMS system being closed down in preparation for the April 4 changes.

According to the home office:
any DCoS granted prior to the temporary closure of the SMS cannot be assigned after it reopens. This is due to the occupation codes changing so significantly after this date, alongside the fact that occupation codes cannot be altered subsequently to the DCoS application being granted.

Any granted DCoS must be assigned to the worker prior to the temporary closure of the SMS, or the DCoS will be cancelled and a new application for DCoS will also need to be made when it reopens (again, taking into account the new SOC 2020 occupation codes).
[b][/b]

It appears that your DCoS was assigned after the April 02 deadline so it will likely need to be reissued and reassigned under the new occupation codes. However speak to the trust to confirm.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Childofgrace18: 6:33am On Apr 07
taalas:
@deji300..Yes I just did...applied on 10th March, Biometrics 18th March, decision made on 26th March

..pls @everybody does Royal Air Maroc allow dry fish and stock fish to the UK?

No airline rejects dry fish or stock fish, but you concern if you are traveling with red oil, then you need to pray they don't detect it in the airport not even the airline because if your luggage goes inside, you won't see it again until after your final destination. But If you want to carry red oil successfully, their is one pack like nylon you can buy, then freeze it and they hardly detect it. Good red oil na gold for UK.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by babybenbaby: 8:52am On Apr 07
BeeNL:

Thanks so much for responding🙏🏽🙏🏽

Please, another question....one of the required documents I am to bring as seen in the checklist is , "2 documents in both your names that show you have lived together for the last two years".

Please, what are some examples of documents that can be presented?

Just like someone responded tenancy agreement, utility bills which point to same address even if it doesn’t have both your names, pictures, flight trips together, hotel bookings and chats
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65face7f703c42001a58f065/Relationship+with+a+partner.pdf#page26

Move to page 26 of the official uk documentation for proving relationships. Ensure you gather as much documentation mentioned on the list. Try and label your pictures as well. I and my partner got 3 nsf emails until we broke each picture down. Under each pictures put captions and dates.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taalas: 9:46am On Apr 08
@AdvanceDNA

Pls do you know how to get a cheap house/room(shared flat) to rent in Lisburn area Northern Ireland, my work place.

My employer said I must have a permanent address to start my role with them and this must be done within 28days of my approved sponsored start date.

I plan to be in the country this thursday 11th April to obtain my brp and generate my share code .

The whole thing is quite overwhelming and have started stressing me out
advanceDNA:

Its not...copy the entire thing from.bottom to top...... Don't click on it ..it will only take half of the link
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 10:21am On Apr 08
taalas:

Pls do you know how to get a cheap house/room(shared flat) to rent in Lisburn area Northern Ireland, my work place.

My employer said I must have a permanent address to start my role with them and this must be done within 28days of my approved sponsored start date.

I plan to be in the country this thursday 11th April to obtain my brp and generate my share code .

The whole thing is quite overwhelming and have started stressing me out

Oga enter Northern Ireland first....and look for a place...he important thing is that u show up for ur job the day of ur resumption

No let anyone stress you......
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taalas: 11:14am On Apr 08
Thanks alot..ur words are so soothing. I'm being relieved
advanceDNA:

Oga enter Northern Ireland first....and look for a place...he important thing is that u show up for ur job the day of ur resumption

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by fairskinedbabe: 3:18pm On Apr 08
Please is there any Nigeria WhatsApp or telegram group for msvu students.I just got admission and would like to join
Ethanuella:

I’ll be resuming msvu in January, and couldn’t quote you on the other thread because it’s been locked.

Please allow me to connect with you. I just sent you an email
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ethanuella: 5:39pm On Apr 08
fairskinedbabe:
Please is there any Nigeria WhatsApp or telegram group for msvu students.I just got admission and would like to join

Pls send a dm
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by BeeNL: 10:16pm On Apr 09
babybenbaby:

Just like someone responded tenancy agreement, utility bills which point to same address even if it doesn’t have both your names, pictures, flight trips together, hotel bookings and chats
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65face7f703c42001a58f065/Relationship+with+a+partner.pdf#page26

Move to page 26 of the official uk documentation for proving relationships. Ensure you gather as much documentation mentioned on the list. Try and label your pictures as well. I and my partner got 3 nsf emails until we broke each picture down. Under each pictures put captions and dates.

Thanks a lot for this, though we uploaded our documents on Saturday night and went for our Biometrics yesterday. We uploaded as many relevant documents, pictures, chats as we could....didn't label/date the pictures though,. However, we put the pictures in a pdf file in a progressive order - dating, pre-wedding pics, wedding, 1st pregnancy, with first child, with 2nd pregnancy, with both kids, anniversary pics etc. Also included as many random pictures (not just the ones taken at photo studios) as we could. Fingers crossed 🤞 hoping for a positive feedback.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Samguine: 9:43am On Apr 10
BeeNL:

Thanks a lot for this, though we uploaded our documents on Saturday night and went for our Biometrics yesterday. We uploaded as many relevant documents, pictures, chats as we could....didn't label/date the pictures though,. However, we put the pictures in a pdf file in a progressive order - dating, pre-wedding pics, wedding, 1st pregnancy, with first child, with 2nd pregnancy, with both kids, anniversary pics etc. Also included as many random pictures (not just the ones taken at photo studios) as we could. Fingers crossed 🤞 hoping for a positive feedback.

Those should work. Good luck in your application

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Iberl: 1:16am On Apr 11
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by BeeNL: 9:45am On Apr 11
Samguine:

Those should work. Good luck in your application

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taalas: 4:04pm On Apr 11
These are the questions I was asked at Heathrow Airport by the immigration officer yesterday.I was practically done at the clearance desk
within 2-3mins

IO: Document please
Me: Here sir..I gave him my passport
IO: Where are you coming from?
Me: Nigeria
IO: What did you come to do in the UK?
Me: Work
IO: Do you have a proof of your sponsorship?
Me: Yes.. I handed him my CoS
IO: Typed in something on his system.. Looked closely at the document and asked me, but..your work start date was December 2023 and you are just resuming now
Me: That was because my CoS was just approved and assigned to me on the 10th of March and then the start date was amended to 15th April , and this was also captured in the sponsor's note
IO: Looked again..and said aah! What job have you come to do?
Me: I told him
IO: And have you got any experience?
Me: Yes I have over 3years experience
IO: Welcome to UK.. he stamped me in

May the land of UK favour me..Amen!

advanceDNA:

7 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bidemi1190: 4:42pm On Apr 11
please I want to confirm with the new UK skilled visa rule, Is it possible to work in any field for the 20hrs as against shortage area?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 7:58am On Apr 12
Good morning my people please can someone come with dependant to Uk 🇬🇧 with skilled worker visa? @ advanceDNA
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:21am On Apr 12
IJay8:
Good morning my people please can someone come with dependant to Uk 🇬🇧 with skilled worker visa?

Yes & No

Yes if it's a standard skilled visa u can be employed by pwc, Nestle, tech companies...any employer with standard sponsored licence ....

No .....if it's care visa, especially if not issued by the NHS

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 8:50am On Apr 12
advanceDNA:

Yes & No

Yes if it's a standard skilled visa u can be employed by pwc, Nestle, tech companies...any employer with standard sponsored licence ....

No .....if it's care visa, especially if not issued by the NHS
Ok dear thanks a lot really appreciate 🙏🏻
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Samguine: 1:49pm On Apr 12
taalas:
These are the questions I was asked at Heathrow Airport by the immigration officer yesterday.I was practically done at the clearance desk
within 2-3mins

IO: Document please
Me: Here sir..I gave him my passport
IO: Where are you coming from?
Me: Nigeria
IO: What did you come to do in the UK?
Me: Work
IO: Do you have a proof of your sponsorship?
Me: Yes.. I handed him my CoS
IO: Typed in something on his system.. Looked closely at the document and asked me, but..your work start date was December 2023 and you are just resuming now
Me: That was because my CoS was just approved and assigned to me on the 10th of March and then the start date was amended to 15th April , and this was also captured in the sponsor's note
IO: Looked again..and said aah! What job have you come to do?
Me: I told him
IO: And have you got any experience?
Me: Yes I have over 3years experience
IO: Welcome to UK.. he stamped me in

May the land of UK favour me..Amen!

Congratulations. Welcome to the UK
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IfeNimi: 7:19pm On Apr 12
Hello everyone.
Is the 28day statement of account for health and care visa like the one for visitor visa where you have to explain income and expenses?
If there is a debit that states refund of loan, would it matter?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by BeeNL: 4:51pm On Apr 13
]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pinkyz: 12:04pm On Apr 15
Please how much is TB test now
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IkpemhiTG(m): 10:08am On Apr 16
TRAVELING WITH A TODDLER WITHOUT HER MUM..
Who has been in this shoes before?. My girl is just 11months old. Even the father is his first time flying. What and what do I really need to put in place . This trip is about 6 hours plus. Niger to UK. It's not going to be easy for me I know as the father traveling with my daughter without the mum.

Please your advice will be appreciated.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zakikaki: 1:13pm On Apr 16
IkpemhiTG:
TRAVELING WITH A TODDLER WITHOUT HER MUM..
Who has been in this shoes before?. My girl is just 11months old. Even the father is his first time flying. What and what do I really need to put in place . This trip is about 6 hours plus. Niger to UK. It's not going to be easy for me I know as the father traveling with my daughter without the mum.

Please your advice will be appreciated.

Oh how time flies. I did this some years ago. My baby was just a year old at the time. Turned out not to be as stressful as I had envisaged. Just make sure you have booked a bassinet with the airline so that your baby can sleep comfortably when they fall asleep. You're lucky, it's only 6 hours plus so when baby falls asleep that should buy you about 3 to 4 hours of alone time. I wasn't so fortunate, I went through Dubai back then and had a 5 hour lay over. Also the trick is to ensure you're feeding her a bottle when the plane is taking off so her ears remain fine if not you're going to have one very noisy crying uncomfortable baby. The good thing is you're also going to be comfortably seated with enough room because of the bassinet. Good luck and feel free to ask any direct questions if I haven't touched on all your concerns.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IkpemhiTG(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16
Zakikaki:

Oh how time flies. I did this some years ago. My baby was just a year old at the time. Turned out not to be as stressful as I had envisaged. Just make sure you have booked a bassinet with the airline so that your baby can sleep comfortably when they fall asleep. You're lucky, it's only 6 hours plus so when baby falls asleep that should buy you about 3 to 4 hours of alone time. I wasn't so fortunate, I went through Dubai back then and had a 5 hour lay over. Also the trick is to ensure you're feeding her a bottle when the plane is taking off so her ears remain fine if not you're going to have one very noisy crying uncomfortable baby. The good thing is you're also going to be comfortably seated with enough room because of the bassinet. Good luck and feel free to ask any direct questions if I haven't touched on all your concerns.

Thanks ..but I didn't see any options for bassinet. I just chooses a seat closer to the window side. Am using AIR PEACE. I have some questions too o. Will they allow me take water Am also getting a baby carrier though to ease my movement. What else do u think am missing out. Thanks boss
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zakikaki: 8:27pm On Apr 16
IkpemhiTG:

Thanks ..but I didn't see any options for bassinet. I just chooses a seat closer to the window side. Am using AIR PEACE. I have some questions too o. Will they allow me take water Am also getting a baby carrier though to ease my movement. What else do u think am missing out. Thanks boss

When you were booking did you indicate travelling with an infant? If so they must provide you a bassinet, contact customer care so they can make arrangements. There are specific seating areas for nursing parents, it's usually the first set of seats at the beginning of each cabin, this gives enough room for the bassinet and usually has enough leg room for comfort and toilet visits cos you would need to go to the rest room to change Diapers a few times. Yes, you are allowed to bring on your own water and even baby food. Just have a separate carry on bag for the baby so the airport and airline officials know everything in there is for baby. The airline will also provide you with as much water (hot and cold) as you want so another option will be to take a flask.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by favzzmj: 9:43pm On Apr 16
Good day Everyone
I’m New here.
Please I need help on Relocating to the UK as a nurse.
I really don’t know how to start or where to start from or what should be done first.
I just want to know the basis of where to begin.
Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by kizonero(m): 2:39am On Apr 17
Good day all, Please how do I move to UK as an electrical technician?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dirolad(m): 2:57am On Apr 17
favzzmj:
Good day Everyone
I’m New here.
Please I need help on Relocating to the UK as a nurse.
I really don’t know how to start or where to start from or what should be done first.
I just want to know the basis of where to begin.
Thanks.
NMC UK and NMCN verification first. Pass your IELTS exam. Pass your Adult CBT exam and/or mental health exam. Start searching for nursing jobs that offer Sponsorship. Attend interviews and make the best out it. This information might not be all but that's the little I copied. You can start searching for nursing jobs now and the stated requirements will guide you on what to have ready.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IkpemhiTG(m): 10:23am On Apr 17
Zakikaki:

When you were booking did you indicate travelling with an infant? If so they must provide you a bassinet, contact customer care so they can make arrangements. There are specific seating areas for nursing parents, it's usually the first set of seats at the beginning of each cabin, this gives enough room for the bassinet and usually has enough leg room for comfort and toilet visits cos you would need to go to the rest room to change Diapers a few times. Yes, you are allowed to bring on your own water and even baby food. Just have a separate carry on bag for the baby so the airport and airline officials know everything in there is for baby. The airline will also provide you with as much water (hot and cold) as you want so another option will be to take a flask.

I called customer care immediately I booked just to ensure am in the right website buh they didn't say anything about bassinet even when I told them my baby is below one year now. On their website under the seat arrangements nothing like bassinet shaa. Do all planes have it
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zakikaki: 12:48pm On Apr 17
IkpemhiTG:

I called customer care immediately I booked just to ensure am in the right website buh they didn't say anything about bassinet even when I told them my baby is below one year now. On their website under the seat arrangements nothing like bassinet shaa. Do all planes have it

Well I used Emirates back then but all airlines provide bassinets, maybe with them you have to ask first. I'll suggest calling them and finding out if you can get one because trust me it will make your trip a lot easier and baby will be much more comfortable. If they won't provide you with a bassinet then best to get an aisle seat for ease of movement when you need to go change Diapers. All the best Man. Cheers
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by BeeNL: 10:33am On Apr 18
pinkyz:
Please how much is TB test now

43,500 at QLife Family Clinic.

Edited: 44,000 per person (at Qlife) (family of 4, as at March 28, 2024)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.