Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846550 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Gernny(f): 11:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
Exactly tell us the care homes you got the offer,questions they asked you,this platform helped you,you should also give back.
dee1504:
It is evident that some of us are already getting job offers and CoS. Congratulations to you all. However, it is only right that you give back to this thread by sharing tips on how you structured your application, relevant qualifications/courses taken and other things you did that gave you an edge during your application. Some of us have been doing this since Uzland started this thread last year and you were able to get the necessary information you need from here. It won't be fair to withhold and relevant tips that can help someone else. And you don't need to wait to be asked before you drop it. You can share your experience like some have done/have been doing.

Thumbs up to Emurate1 and others who are keeping the ball rolling
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Plattin: 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good evening. Please, apart from Indeed, at which other platform can one apply actively for caregiver jobs? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Please house, on a work visa is partner which is wife and dependant which is children are going to do TB test and police clearance. Meanwhile the child is 3months old
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Widall: 3:20am On Apr 03, 2022
Emurate1:

You finally got your CoS. When did it come through?

April 1st
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Widall: 3:21am On Apr 03, 2022
Yettiesbiz:

If u don't categorize all, it won't submit. All docs must be placed in appropriate category.

Thanks bro
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 6:18am On Apr 03, 2022
jagbasneh:
Please house, on a work visa is partner which is wife and dependant which is children are going to do TB test and police clearance. Meanwhile the child is 3months old

Always check home office sites... this is so easy to check

All adult over 18 would need a police clearance if the job category requires it, so if the main applicant is providing police clearance then yes to spouse... everyone does Tb although cost of a child below 11 years is cheaper
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2022
Gernny:
Exactly tell us the care homes you got the offer,questions they asked you,this platform helped you,you should also give back.

I agree with you except for the sharing of employer details. This is a public platform where anyone has access to all information here. Dropping sensitive information like the care home that is employing you should be a capital NO, in my opinion. The fact that they employed one person doesn't mean they will employ everyone, unless they are in dire need of more applicants.

Rather, you can ask for tips used in searching for a responsive Care home, I think that would the most preferable.

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 6:40am On Apr 03, 2022
Emurate1:

Thank you. Majority of the information I got concerning HCA was from this platform. It's only proper I give back.

Someone from this thread, we have the same offer letter from the same care home. But little information I'll ask him or mail him for, you'll never get a response. I no Sabi wetyn him dey feel like sha, but we go still jam for the same UK.

Selfishness and greed is human nature, so I'm not surprised when people behave that way. However, since you will be working together with the person, now you already know the kind of person they are, moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by sarssy: 6:49am On Apr 03, 2022
Hi please when did you get a job offer. So i know the time line.
Widall:

April 1st
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Widall: 8:05am On Apr 03, 2022
sarssy:
Hi please when did you get a job offer. So i know the time line.

March 4th.

I think timeline depends on the organization in involved. Have a friend who got offer in Jan and is yet to receive CoS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by helppartner: 8:37am On Apr 03, 2022
Do we have any one successfully running the social care diploma program in lptc??
Let's hear your experience so far.

amehrada:
If you’re in Nigeria, you can check out London professional training centre in Lagos, they have branches in Benin, Abuja and I think Port harcourt.

Another one is Kope medics. I got to know about both companies from here, so do your own personal scope, checks and try to ascertain if they are legit. So far LPTC looks genuine and recognized but na who don train with them and travel I dey find to give me review.

Attached is a screenshot of a pdf file from them when I sent them a mail trying to inquire about the diploma meeting the minimum required qualification for the health and care visa.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dacutebaby: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
Emurate1:

Thank you. Majority of the information I got concerning HCA was from this platform. It's only proper I give back.

Someone from this thread, we have the same offer letter from the same care home. But little information I'll ask him or mail him for, you'll never get a response. I no Sabi wetyn him dey feel like sha, but we go still jam for the same UK.

Please i sent you an in-mail, if you don't mind. Please kindly respond. Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Widall: 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ultrafast123:
I just got this reply now. Pls what’s the next thing to so

Just be hopeful and prayerful.

Are u in the health care profession?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by stanvesco(m): 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Emurate1:

The first and last question is YES.

I don't have Visa or right to work in UK.

God blessed me
I retap into your blessing again
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by santos247(m): 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
annieberl:

Congratulations. Please did you get a care job? Kindly check your mail. Thank you.
No. It is an academic appointment. A lecturing job. This thread has been valuable to me in the last few months hence my keeping tabs.
I just wanted to assure people that the time interval between a job offer and CoS could be quite lengthy. Cheers
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by santos247(m): 2:41pm On Apr 03, 2022
milkytins:

This is also my situation and my calculations.
But someone said it will be more than this when you are about to make the payment on their webpage.
Take the student's visa as an example, £470 per year but they charge $1,018 per year when you want to make the payment. $1,018 is far more than £470.
Probably, £624 for a skilled worker could be far more than £624 at the point of payment.
Anyone that just passed through this process of skilled visa can pls share more light.
It was indeed more. Apparently, my visa duration will have an added 4 months, so they add the health surcharge for that half year. I was thinking I will pay around 624*3, for 3 yr visa, I ended up paying over about 2184 pounds which is plus an extra 312 thereabout.
UK money collection strategy is on a different level oo
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2022
stanvesco:

I retap into your blessing again

God go do am for you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Agatha250: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
How many hours can you work on a Care visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Homemade12: 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2022
Queengold1:

I must commend your effort, you are doing a good job, I would advise you slow down on NHS application for now, reasons are, the NHS seems to have placed restrictions on Sponsorship for Nigerians and are mostly quoting Who and the red list as a major reason, this is based on my own assumption.
I would advice you take up a course on care specifically. I took diploma in care on Alison. Have a year of experience even if its live-in-care. Then you can storm care homes, domiciliary care providers and live-in-care companies with your C.V. If you have applied a month before, apply again and always send direct messages through emails on their site. This puts your CV in their faces. Be prayerful and keep trying all you need is a yes after all. Get all your documents because when you get a job it might put them off if you don’t have them and go and learn how to drive a manual transition vehicle. Get your international driving permit and be ready with your money to apply for visa. You have the time to prepare and be ready please do it. Goodluck to all of us

Can i get international driving license from nigeria
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
Homemade12:

Can i get international driving license from nigeria
yes you can
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2022
helppartner:
Do we have any one successfully running the social care diploma program in lptc??
Let's hear your experience so far.

I’m doing it and so far it’s been good. The assessment part is not kind of easy though, it involves lots of research, like say person dey do project. We started with care standards then proceeded to the course units proper. We’ve got two units left to do before we proceed for the clinical part of the course where we carry out a placement in a hospital for 150 hours.

We are expecting our care certificates anytime soon.

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ultrafast123(m): 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Widall:

Just be hopeful and prayerful.

Are u in the health care profession?

Medical radiographer
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Widall: 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ultrafast123:

Medical radiographer

The start date on ur CoS has it reached
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rinzylee(m): 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Please is anyone in North Walsham here? Abeg DM me.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by efilefun(m): 12:46am On Apr 04, 2022
jagbasneh:
I don’t know about the child but partner must do tb test and police report for Nigeria and every other country he/she has spent 12 month in.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Upphee(f): 6:52am On Apr 04, 2022
Hello everyone,

My Tuberculosis test result expires on the 28th of May 2022 and I intend to start my Uk student visa application this week, because I'm getting my CAS this week (all other documents are ready). Since priority and super priority visa options are cancelled, would the expiry date of my tb test result be an issue since it's quite close?
efilefun:
Good morning, forget their site. Go straight to the office very early, they will generate a code for you, make payment via mobile transfer, print proof of payment and if possible get ur test done same day or get a date of ur choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 7:26am On Apr 04, 2022
Upphee:
Hello everyone,

My Tuberculosis test result expires on the 28th of May 2022 and I intend to start my Uk student visa application this week, because I'm getting my CAS this week (all other documents are ready). Since priority and super priority visa options are cancelled, would the expiry date of my tb test result be an issue since it's quite close?

It has always been stated everywhere that your TB test should be valid when applying for Visa. Being close to the expiration date has never been stated by UK GOV as a reason for visa denial.

Your TB result will fly

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Upphee(f): 8:26am On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks for your response @Emurate1
Emurate1:

It has always been stated everywhere that your TB test should be valid when applying for Visa. Being close to the expiration date has never been stated by UK GOV as a reason for visa denial.

Your TB result will fly
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by akaprince(m): 8:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Upphee:
Hello everyone,

Kindly take note that your tb test result must still be valid at the border entry in the UK. They will ask to see it. You could confirm from IOM.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.