Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (849799 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by efilefun(m): 5:29am On Apr 10, 2022
Queengold1:

Congratulations
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2022
efilefun:
Been trying to settle… been fun and kinda tedious…lol

I am an EU trained Pharmacist so that reduced the license brouhaha.

Got the job through LinkedIn
Did interview Mid January got Job confirmation email following day and got CoS 3days after
Dependent and I applied for police report from previous countries we lived thru their embassies
Got naija police report and did TB test
We both submitted our visa application same day but passport was returned a week interval

For license it was straight forward, just download and submitted application form via email and paid 398 pounds, got a letter from naija pharmacists council (thou they delayed for almost 3months before finally sending via email) another from country of study and no IELTS was required, only used NARIC for Visa application

The job is in Belfast, you see vacancies at every care home you pass thru here… yet to fully settle would have made some inquiries… peps can try searching care homes in Belfast, Carrickfegus, Newry, Newtownabbey, whitehead and the likes.
Great! Your timeline is now complete.cheesy
Thanks for sharing tips about vacancies in Northern Ireland. All the best in your career.cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2022
Good morning house, please is urgent i can't pay for my IELTS test. It just showed booked and awaiting approval. Meanwhile have not pay
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2022
Hello sis, congratulations all round. Please I have send you a nairaland mail, can you please take a little time to reply please. My email is ekwere_b@yahoo.com
Please ��

TomatoSauce1:
Hello Everyone, my visa is out!! Thank you God and thanks to all who responded to my questions.
Timeline:
Job offer: November 2021, senior care worker
Cos: February 2022
Biometrics: 23 March 2022
Collected passport today.

I have been a silent reader for some time now and I can see that it is not very easy getting a job. I want to share my experience and I hope it can be of help.

I reside in Nigeria and I got this job through networking, basically through a family member in the UK. I do not have a health degree or certification. I was introduced to my employer and one key thing he asked me was if I could drive and I said yes. He basically wanted to know if I genuinely wanted to work as a carer. Afterwards, came the job offer. At that time they had just applied for their sponsorship license. I was asked to submit my passport data page in February and shortly after I was sent my Cos.
I did my TB test, got police clearance and the rest is history.
When it came to visa application I was worried because I didn't have any care certification but my employer told me I would be trained so that was not a problem.

One thing I try to do for all my visa applications is to keep it simple. Hence, documents I submitted are:
Cos, TB cert, Police cert, marriage certificate, UK MSc degree as proof of english, previous visas and travel history. Disclaimer: there are no hard and fast rule to this, submit documents according to your individual circumstances and follow what's on the ukvi website.

Based on my experience one thing I can advice is network, network and network with those you know in the UK, this is one way people get jobs, not just in health care but other sectors.
Secondly I noticed ability to drive is a major criteria, so if you don't know how to drive, you can learn. Although my employer mentioned that wages are higher for those who drive.

I hope my long epistle is helpful, I may not be able to answer all questions, but I will try as much as I can to give answers.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Juice191968: 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
Yettiesbiz:

Upload data page of expired passport and every page with visas, entry and exit stamps.

Is this really mandatory ? I did not do this and I’ve already submitted my passport
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
jagbasneh:
Good morning house, please is urgent i can't pay for my IELTS test. It just showed booked and awaiting approval. Meanwhile have not pay

Go ahead and pay. You have about 5days to pay. You will get a confirmation email and few days later, they will send other emails and approval too. I had same experience.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
[quote author=CeeCyrils post=111815452]

Go ahead and pay. You have about 5days to pay. You will get a confirmation email and few days later, they will send other emails and approval too. I had same experience.

Please how did you pay it's through ATM CARD? Cause it's not bring porter for ATM CARD
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
[quote author=jagbasneh post=111816108][/quote]

Online through seerbit.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
[quote author=CeeCyrils post=111820291]

Online through seerbit.

Please how's the process?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Limited26: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nurses in the house, how can I fast track nursing license renewal?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
CeeCyrils:

Please how long does it take to get confirmation mail? I paid through serbit, got debit alert, but yet to get confirmation mail. My test is on Thursday
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mikael0407(m): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
AllisonUK:
Congrats to everyone making it. I feel happy to see people happy. Perhaps I'm a natural carer afterall. Although, this might be the proverbial time that "God picks up calls", I'm beginning to study for my gre to face America. Still wish me well.

Same. When are you writing?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
Limited26:
Nurses in the house, how can I fast track nursing license renewal?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:
Good evening house, this thread have been a wonder helping place where Nigeria fellow arereceiving their miracle lol

Please pardon me , I'm your son and bro please I need someone to put me through on health care assistance. Have been helpful to other people on other nairaland thread many time over years please this is my turn I need helpful in return.

I have just finished registered under Florence academy and got my certificate this night also, please my brother and sister what's the next stages?

Did u finish the whole course or u choose from the courses?

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:
Good evening house, this thread have been a wonder helping place where Nigeria fellow arereceiving their miracle lol

Please pardon me , I'm your son and bro please I need someone to put me through on health care assistance. Have been helpful to other people on other nairaland thread many time over years please this is my turn I need helpful in return.

I have just finished registered under Florence academy and got my certificate this night also, please my brother and sister what's the next stages?

Did u finish the whole course or u choose from the courses?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
Click on payment and follow the prompts. Your card details will be required.

[quote author=jagbasneh post=111820383][/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
CeeCyrils:
Click on payment and follow the prompts. Your card details will be required.

Submit button is blocked after 3 unsuccessful payment attempts.
That's what i saw when am trying to pay
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
[Have you got your acknowledgement email? Check your email. You will be directed to get access to GEL for your practice. Your confirmation email will come within the week.

quote author=Kaylaonah post=111820536]

Please how long does it take to get confirmation mail? I paid through serbit, got debit alert, but yet to get confirmation mail. My test is on Thursday
[/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
[You will need to register again and this time use the timer.

quote author=jagbasneh post=111822952]
That's what i saw when am trying to pay[/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
CeeCyrils:
[You will need to register again and this time use the timer.

quote author=jagbasneh post=111822952]
That's what i saw when am trying to pay
The Test taker has already registered for an IELTS test on the same date.
That's what i got when am trying to book another one
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MrsO2: 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Please are reference letters on letter-headed paper accepted by Care Homes?

Or do they only accept reference by email?
Asking because most hospitals in Nigeria do not have official websites, so will they accept the regular gmail/yahoo mails for reference in this case?

Anyone with some experience in this area and has passed this stage should please help.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
MrsO2:
Please are reference letters on letter-headed paper accepted by Care Homes?

Or do they only accept reference by email?
Asking because most hospitals in Nigeria do not have official websites, so will they accept the regular gmail/yahoo mails for reference in this case?

Anyone with some experience in this area and has passed this stage should please help.

Thank you.

They accept letter-headed paper

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Janeyy22:

Hi I wrote UKVI IELTSast month. What do you want to ask?

Is UKVI IELTS different from normal IELTS?

and how did you go bout registering?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
aminlove:

Yes while the content is similar it different .... for uk immigration purposes the normal ielts is not acceptable. It has to be ukvi ielts
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Yes while the content is similar it different .... for uk immigration purposes the normal ielts is not acceptable. It has to be ukvi ielts

Thank you!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
aminlove:

Ukvi is done at centers recognized by ukvi. The exam is the same

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Use your dashboard and click on payment.

jagbasneh:

The Test taker has already registered for an IELTS test on the same date.
That's what i got when am trying to book another one
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
CeeCyrils:

I clicked it, is not respond.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jagbasneh(m): 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
CeeCyrils:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MegaChristy: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
Care workers are also added to the health and care visa. The link you posted was from last year.

Uzland:

Hello Beautyfoch, you didn't understand my explanations. Please note that Care worker/Home Care assistant etc with ONS code 6145 is eligible for both Health and Care Worker visa (HACW visa) and Skilled Worker visa (SW visa). However, 6145 (and even 6146) is not a shortage occupation under Health and Care Worker visa, but it is a shortage occupation only under Skilled Worker visa. Many people don't take notice of this important difference in classification, yet there are implications to it.

On the other hand, Healthcare assistant/Nursing auxiliary etc with ONS code 6141 is a shortage occupation under Health and Care Worker visa.

Attached here are screenshots of the lists of shortage occupations for each of the two visa categories from the gov.uk links below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations-for-health-and-education/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations-for-healthcare-and-education

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.