Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Explain These Bible Verses - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explain These Bible Verses (16568 Views)

Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Truthissupreme: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2021
L
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 10:41am On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:
Please I would love your explanationsite of these verses
John 5.19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom.

My question is, from these verses, can we imply that the father onces suffered and died for sin?
Jess Christmas says, everything he did, he first saw his father do it.
So did the father also suffer and die for the sins of man?
My question to you as well, is do you agree that your father can be in America having many companies, then send you to the company which is in Africa because he trusts your loyalty, with an instructions, and still call you to give you instructions on what to do and not to do?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Ficeo(m): 10:50am On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
So why didn't Jesus know the hour when he was asked?

His father refuses to inform him?

You are just using human wisdom here. Be careful!!!
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Alfamann: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2021
It only means that the weed sold in Nazareth in year 31 was of the purest kind.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

I don't understand, are you sating that in another version of the bible, it says differently.
If so, which version would we believe? Also, could you please tell me the name of the other version you are talking about?
I would love to read from a different bible and compare. Hopefully that wouldn't increase confusion.
When they say different versions, it didn't say different meanings, it only means different languages and simplified English, for easy understanding. It is only a foolish man will carry a Bible written in in Hebrew,Arabic , French etc while he only understands English or his audience only understands Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Efik or other native languages, and starts blabbing away just because he wants to show that knows too much.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by chatinent: 10:56am On Sep 12, 2021
richmond500:
lolz, nairaland ona no go kee person, which one is "englishes" again

It's not incorrect, uncle.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by pongwa(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:
Please I would love your explanationsite of these verses
John 5.19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom.

My question is, from these verses, can we imply that the father onces suffered and died for sin?
Jess Christmas says, everything he did, he first saw his father do it.
So did the father also suffer and die for the sins of man?
search for the meaning of a parable
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

I have a general view on it.

Jesus as well as other Prophets did what God instructed them to do.

However I don't believe God had a son or sent anyone to die...
Can you please tell me any of those your so called prophets was born by a virgin and did miracle like Jesus and is coming again, even your Quran couldn't deny that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2021
Myer:

And you still haven't corrected it?
He is a Muslim who just wants to gloat.

2 Likes

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 11:16am On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Then why does billions of Christians believe Jesus was/is God? Even after clearly reading a thousand times in Jesus words he was not equal to God.

Is something wrong with the cognitive abilities?

How can Jesus be God when he clearly stated he was sent by God?
My question to you as well is, when your father send you a message or an errand does he send you in his name or your own name and how can you be a son of your father without being his offspring or his lineage. Go back and read your Quran very well all the offspring of Muhammed were reverenced by you Muslims not because they are Muhammed but because they are affiliated to Muhammed. Even here in Nigeria all emirs are affiliated to one person Usman Dan fodio.

1 Like

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Offpoint1: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:
My question to you as well is, when your father send you a message or an errand does he send you in his name or your own name and how can you be a son of your father without being his offspring or his lineage. Go back and read your Quran very well all the offspring of Muhammed were reverenced by you Muslims not because they are Muhammed but because they are affiliated to Muhammed. Even here in Nigeria all emirs are affiliated to one person Usman Dan fodio.
LOL, I'm automatically a Muslim now cuz I'm trying to clear the lack of understanding billion of Christians are suffering.

I'm glad with the narrative you responded... If my father sent me an errand by his name, does that make me my father himself? I only carry his authority, that doesn't physically make me my father himself.

If Jesus himself on thousands occasions rebuked being call God and at thousands occasions clearly stated he was sent by God... Then where did Christians by the idealogy of Jesus being God from?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by am4truth(m): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

I believe and practice the teaching of the Bible.
According to the Bible...John 3:16, God has a Son
if anyone believes in Jesus, the person wont perish but have everlasting life.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Ojycelarma: 11:31am On Sep 12, 2021
Its talking more about father figure in a child's life, the dad is meant to teach the child or the child would not know this things unless he learns by himself, your thinking towards another way sir/ma, don't let us be going far
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by zivility: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2021
Firstly The Lord Jesus did not die for the sins of man, He died BECAUSE of the sins of man!

Try reading the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ without Christian religious prejudice and you will understand better. The doctrine of "He died to wash away your sins is false!". Jesus said carry your cross and follow me! He was killed
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2021
1 John 4:2-3 “Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.”

Brother, please hold fast to your KJV Bible. Do not listen to these devils especially the JWs tying to convince you to get other corrupt versions. Only KJV Bible is the pure and perfect word of God. Study and ask God to help you understand. It will take time but the more you study that Book, the better you understand. What matters is your heart.

1 Like

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by atonement12: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2021
oranget:

Don't mind the guy, anyone who is not mischievous would know what you meant to write
Insinuating 'affirmative mistakes'?.. and still refuses to edit!
Keep supporting demonic mischiefs!
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by compton11(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:
Can you please tell me any of those your so called prophets was born by a virgin and did miracle like Jesus and is coming again, even your Quran couldn't deny that fact.
so miracle is what u make as something meaningful?

Even babalawo are doing miracle
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

I don't understand, are you sating that in another version of the bible, it says differently.
If so, which version would we believe? Also, could you please tell me the name of the other version you are talking about?
I would love to read from a different bible and compare. Hopefully that wouldn't increase confusion.
Comprehension is key in understanding what is written in any book you pick up to read. If you experience difficulty comprehension-wise when studying one translation, it simply means you are trying to read above your grade and you need a translation that best fits your grade level as far as comprehension of the language goes. undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:
The Bible is literature, it was written in EXPRESSION and not literal words/meaning.

To understand the Bible is literature, you need to read revelations to the end.
So literature cannot contain literal words and meanings? undecided

For example where Jesus Christ is written as saying, in the verse below from the context of Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17...
12 The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have. - Matthew 13 vs 12
... one should not literally believe what Jesus Christ is written to have said? undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 11:55am On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

LOL, I'm automatically a Muslim now cuz I'm trying to clear the lack of understanding billion of Christians are suffering.

I'm glad with the narrative you responded... If my father sent me an errand by his name, does that make me my father himself? I only carry his authority, that doesn't physically make me my father himself.

If Jesus himself on thousands occasions rebuked being call God and at thousands occasions clearly stated he was sent by God... Then where did Christians by the idealogy of Jesus being God from?

You don't need to deny who you are.

Thank God you said you go with the authority of your father, just the same way Christ works with the authority of the father. If your father is royalty you automatically become royalty, when Buhari's daughter went to a northern state they received her as they would receive her father not because of her status but her father's. If Jehovah the Father sent Christ the Son He is automatically a God and He is sitting in the right hand of the Father.

That is why I said you should stick to the Quran you know. Jesus on many occasions referred to Jehovah as father, and He is given the Name above any other name, and he is coming again to judge the world.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:55am On Sep 12, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Offpoint1: 11:59am On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:

You don't need to deny who you are.

Thank God you said you go with the authority of your father, just the same way Christ works with the authority of the father. If your father is royalty you automatically become royalty, when Buhari's daughter went to a northern state they received her as they would receive her father not because of her status but her father's. If Jehovah the Father sent Christ the Son He is automatically a God and He is sitting in the right hand of the Father.

That is why I said you should stick to the Quran you know. Jesus on many occasions referred to Jehovah as father, and He is given the Name above any other name, and he is coming again to judge the world.
You clearly didn't answer my question...Let me put in a simpler and straightforward way

Did Jesus made/declared himself God or son of God?

Give me a straight answer.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Offpoint1: 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So literature cannot contain literal words and meanings? undecided

For example where Jesus Christ is written as saying, in the verse below from the context of Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17...
... one should not literally believe what Jesus Christ is written to have said? undecided
Go back and read my comment or the topic itself.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

You clearly didn't answer my question...Let me put in a simpler and straightforward way

Did Jesus made/declared himself God or son of God?

Give me a straight answer.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

You are thinking God having a son is the same way we humans have children? That's your mistake

2 Likes

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
compton11:
so miracle is what u make as something meaningful?

Even babalawo are doing miracle
Mention one babalawo that did miracle.
And that means you Muslims believe in babalawo, because the Quran recorded the miracles of Jesus and the miracle of His birth, and it confessed that He is coming again.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Go back and read my comment or the topic itself.
I didn't ask you about the topic but about your very comment on the Bible. I made myself clear in order to get from you a better understanding of your comment is what. undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Comprehension is key in understanding what is written in any book you pick up to read. If you experience difficulty comprehension-wise when studying one translation, it simply means you are trying to read above your grade and you need a translation that best fits your grade level as far as comprehension of the language goes. undecided
You still have not given me the translation.
And I posted this on nairaland so that those that comprehend like you could explain better to the rest of us
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Offpoint1: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes what? God or son of God?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Offpoint1: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't ask you about the topic but about your very comment on the Bible. I made myself clear in order to get from you a better understanding of your comment is what. undecided
Whatever answer I give you it won't be clear to you until you go back to the root of discussion.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
pongwa:
Sir if you have answers give. It's wisdom to ask questions that is why most churches have Sunday school.
If you also don't have an answer, you could learn from others contributions
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
pongwa:
Jesus Christ was not speaking in parables there. He was speaking literally there. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Synagogue Victims: TB Joshua Sponsors 42 Family Members To Nigeria For Christmas / Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? / Pastor Michael Todd Coughs & Rubs Spit On Members Face To Prove A Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.