Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Explain These Bible Verses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explain These Bible Verses (16571 Views)

Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by AntiChristian: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:

You are thinking God having a son is the same way we humans have children? That's your mistake

No, I'm thinking God doesn't need a son at all as He is all powerful. What does God need a son for?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:
When they say different versions, it didn't say different meanings, it only means different languages and simplified English, for easy understanding. It is only a foolish man will carry a Bible written in in Hebrew,Arabic , French etc while he only understands English or his audience only understands Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Efik or other native languages, and starts blabbing away just because he wants to show that knows too much.
Sir, I use English bible. Please suggest a version that has a simplified explanation.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

You still have not given me the translation.
And I posted this on nairaland so that those that comprehend like you could explain better to the rest of us
Go and study your Quran it said something about Jesus Christ.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

You still have not given me the translation.
And I posted this on nairaland so that those that comprehend like you could explain better to the rest of us
Give you translation of Bible that meets your level of comprehension as far as the English language is concerned? undecided

You know your grade level better than I do, so what you are supposed to do is go through as many translations as you can find until you find the one that best fits you. I am not your school teacher, nor am I your brain in this. Only you know the kind English your brain fit handle pass.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
zivility:
Firstly The Lord Jesus did not die for the sins of man, He died BECAUSE of the sins of man!

Try reading the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ without Christian religious prejudice and you will understand better. The doctrine of "He died to wash away your sins is false!". Jesus said carry your cross and follow me! He was killed

What are you blabbing?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by mac699: 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
You need to understand that Jesus is God in human form.

When you understand whom Jesus is then you will see that everything was planned my God and excuted by Christ for mankind redemption

I can't explain everything here. But know whom Jesus is.

2 Likes

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by babajero(m): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Yes what? God or son of God?
Both, just go and study your Quran it said something about Jesus Christ. Bye.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
zivility:
Firstly The Lord Jesus did not die for the sins of man, He died BECAUSE of the sins of man!

Try reading the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ without Christian religious prejudice and you will understand better. The doctrine of "He died to wash away your sins is false!". Jesus said carry your cross and follow me! He was killed
Interesting! undecided

Care to expand on this a bit more please. undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by AntiChristian: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
am4truth:

I believe and practice the teaching of the Bible.
According to the Bible...John 3:16, God has a Son
if anyone believes in Jesus, the person wont perish but have everlasting life.

That's your belief not mine. My own God is all powerful and needs no son, partner, etc in His dominion.

He saves himself as He is able to do all things.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:
What are you blabbing?
Well, He is not entirely wrong! undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:
My question to you as well, is do you agree that your father can be in America having many companies, then send you to the company which is in Africa because he trusts your loyalty, with an instructions, and still call you to give you instructions on what to do and not to do?
That is exactly the way I understand those verses. The Bible seems to be telling us that the father has other (worlds/places/companies) and he sent his son to one because he trust his son to follow his example. Jesus Christ states in the passage that he has seen his father do these things.
I think you are correct.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

No, I'm thinking God doesn't need a son at all as He is all powerful. What does God need a son for?

Hahahaha

Relax and understand.

Son doesn't mean "Son" like a woman giving birth to your child. You are taking it too literally.

Son, here refers to God's word. God is spirit. His words are living and they are life, not like ours. He spoke His words and everything came into existence. Jesus is that word.

So in essence, Jesus is the word of God. Jesus is the son of God.

You are thinking like one without the holy spirit dude

1 Like

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
am4truth:

I believe and practice the teaching of the Bible.
According to the Bible...John 3:16, God has a Son
if anyone believes in Jesus, the person wont perish but have everlasting life.
You believe and practice only John 3 vs 16 and not the rest of the Gospels? undecided

And you believe and practice the Bible but not Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
SporaD8:
I would have given a comprehensive answer to OP. but from his response about "getting more confused from reading different versions of the Bible", I realized the purpose of the thread is to troll not to seek knowledge.
P:S the day OP(tctrills) and his like get to understand that English language is not the original script of the Bible, their ignorance will be cured!
Now declare after me, "Lord Jesus, I accept you as my personal Lord and savior. Come into my life today and take control now!"
I guess you don't understand the meaning of troll.
In all my comments, have I trolled anyone?
If you are not comfortable with questions like these, there is not need to comment.
You don't expect everyone to ask the simple questions that you know
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
oranget:

Don't mind the guy, anyone who is not mischievous would know what you meant to write
abi
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
jonatoye:

OP, Do you believe that Jesus Christ, is the son of God? Then I will answer you. I know where this is coming from and the mistake in the post was deliberate; if not you can modify it.
Yes I believe, Jesus is the Son of God
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

That is exactly the way I understand those verses. The Bible seems to be telling us that the father has other (worlds/places/companies) and he sent his son to one because he trust his son to follow his example. Jesus Christ states in the passage that he has seen his father do these things.
I think you are correct.
Now we are getting somewhere... so this is what you were hiding, asking your op to decieve is it. Why didn't you simply state this as your belief from the beginning? undecided

So your understanding of what is written is that Jesus Christ has observed His own Father do the same exact things off in some other world and time , and He, Jesus Christ, came to to world to do the same exact things He has previously observed His Father doing.... that is interesting. undecided

1 Like

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by AntiChristian: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:
Can you please tell me any of those your so called prophets was born by a virgin and did miracle like Jesus and is coming again, even your Quran couldn't deny that fact.

This is the appeal to Jesus's miracles.

Adam has no parents. Eve was created from Adam and Jesus had only a mother. All of them were creations of Allah.

And many Prophets did miracles before Jesus and even false prophets dey do! That doesn't prove anything special.

And truly Jesus will come again but what he's coming to do is where we differ.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

Yes I believe, Jesus is the Son of God

Explain what you understand by "son of God" please
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
Myer:

And you still haven't corrected it?
I just told you it was a mistake and I told you what I intended to write. That should be enough for you.
But then let's not divert. If you don't understand my question, let's allow others who do the space to comment
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Offpoint1: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
babajero:
Both, just go and study your Quran it said something about Jesus Christ. Bye.
His both gringringrin this is really funny, so when he died, resurrected and ascended into heaven... Who's right hand did the Bible said he seated upon? grin

Which part or branch of Jehovah witness do you attend? They'll be so disappointed in you.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by AntiChristian: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ficeo:

You are just using human wisdom here. Be careful!!!

I am human. So what do you expect?

But can you answer the question?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
SeriouslySense:
To my little understanding, of which i may be wrong, because God is complex, and he only Shows what he wants to show to the people.

What I understand by this verse is that Jesus is 100 percent in unity with God, because he is also God, this is why whatever the father does the Son can also do.

And another way to understand it, is that Jesus and the Father are truly one, Jesus does what he does according to what the father does, so the saying is true, Listen, O Israel, for the Lord, is One.

finally, if we take it literally, as it comes, it could mean, Jesus, humbles himself So that God is glorified and in this process of revelations, God is revealed in Jesus or through Jesus, so that the Son is also Glorified, for the Lord is One.

I love your explanation but my question is, did the father at anytime pay the price of sin for mankind? Jesus seemed to be saying that he saw his father do that and was following that example
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:

Explain what you understand by "son of God" please
God is his father
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=Offpoint1 post=105738922]
His both gringringrin this is really funny, so when he died, resurrected and ascended into heaven... Who's right hand did the Bible said he seated upon? grin

Which part or branch of Jehovah witness do you attend? They'll be so disappointed in you. [/quote
Even you are confused.
I don't understand what you are trying to prove
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Now we are getting somewhere... so this is what you were hiding, asking your op to decieve is it. Why didn't you simply state this as your belief from the beginning? undecided

So your understanding of what is written is that Jesus Christ has observed His own Father do the same exact things off in some other world and time , and He, Jesus Christ, came to to world to do the same exact things He has previously observed His Father doing.... that is interesting. undecided
I wasn't hiding anything, I was as open as can be with my question. It's up to you to answer if you have an answer
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

God is his father

Shallow minded.

Is that all you understand by that sentence? God is his father.

So tell me. How did he become God's son
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

I wasn't hiding anything, I was as open as can be with my question. It's up to you to answer if you have an answer
Nope... your understanding is what I am more interested in digging into since that was not what you specified in your OP. undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

I love your explanation but my question is, did the father at anytime pay the price of sin for mankind? Jesus seemed to be saying that he saw his father do that and was following that example

You are the one misinterpreting it.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:

Shallow minded.

Is that all you understand by that sentence? God is his father.

So tell me. How did he become God's son
I forgive your insult.
You seem to have left my question and you are now interviewing me.
Please why don't we allow does that could answer to post first than later we could go on with your interview. I wouldn't want us to divert those that truly have answers.
Thanks
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by SporaD8: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

I guess you don't understand the meaning of troll.
In all my comments, have I trolled anyone?
If you are not comfortable with questions like these, there is not need to comment.
You don't expect everyone to ask the simple questions that you know
The same simple question according to you, "of getting confused by reading different versions of the Bible?!" Oshe simpleton.
Isn't it obvious you are not a Christian?! And the purpose of this thread is not to seek knowledge?!
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Offpoint1: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:
n

You don't need to tell me you don't understand, I know you don't understand right from the beginning and you're not willing to learn, which is where I have problem with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Synagogue Victims: TB Joshua Sponsors 42 Family Members To Nigeria For Christmas / Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? / Pastor Michael Todd Coughs & Rubs Spit On Members Face To Prove A Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.