Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Explain These Bible Verses - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explain These Bible Verses (16584 Views)

Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Techguy96(m): 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Then why does billions of Christians believe Jesus was/is God? Even after clearly reading a thousand times in Jesus words he was not equal to God.

Is something wrong with the cognitive abilities?

How can Jesus be God when he clearly stated he was sent by God?
The fact that y'all even believe this Jesus God crap written by caveman show's there's something wrong with y'all.

If god were real n perfect there won't be this much confusion amoung y'all.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by JosephXavier: 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Then why does billions of Christians believe Jesus was/is God? Even after clearly reading a thousand times in Jesus words he was not equal to God.

Is something wrong with the cognitive abilities?

How can Jesus be God when he clearly stated he was sent by God?

He was sent by God to fulfil a purpose which was to reunite man to God by death on the cross

After which he was exalted and given a name above every other name "Jesus" Philippians 2:9

Meaning it was after he died for man and said that "It is finished" John 19:30 that he concluded the assignment God sent him to do.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by SeriouslySense(m): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
For raising the dead, I don't know about that, because God is complex, and he has been living with no beginning, we don't know what happened before our universe was created, so there are some questions we cannot really answer, and even in our history, we are not aware of so many things that happened in the world, after creation, or the kind of dialogue that was going on between the persons of God.

But from the bible, it was part of God's plan that Jesus should die on the cross. Jesus also said that we should pay more attention to our salvation than things we cannot comprehend yet, heaven will be a very interesting place, we will keep learning.

tctrills:

Hmm nice answer bit my main focus is where he says he saw the father do these things. Are you saying he never sawant the father raise the dead and pay for sins?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by SeriouslySense(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
I hope you find your answers, its an interesting question.

tctrills:

Hmm nice answer bit my main focus is where he says he saw the father do these things. Are you saying he never sawant the father raise the dead and pay for sins?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by highness25(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

Sorry, it was a mistake I meant to write Jesus Christ
That's what happens when you copy and paste. Try and write from your own understanding
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kei144(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

I have a general view on it.

Jesus as well as other Prophets did what God instructed them to do.

However I don't believe God had a son or sent anyone to die...

You cannot believe what you don't understand. It is not a matter of belief, but of understanding. Jesus is the son of God, not in the biological sense. God is a spirit and so has nothing to do with biology. Being a son of God simply means that the person has the divine assence or Holy Spirit in him. The person possesses the nature of God.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by GT84(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
chatinent:
Who is Jess Christmas?

I don't understand you.

I think you need to get a Bible with a new-word translation. It is tasking to understand the old Englishes, you know.

By the way, in anything you are doing, your mentality should begin from knowing Jesus is not God.
Abeg make you also know say Jesus Na God o
John 1:1-3...and the WORD WAS GOD
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Brightale(f): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
mac699:
You need to understand that Jesus is God in human form.

When you understand whom Jesus is then you will see that everything was planned my God and excuted by Christ for mankind redemption

I can't explain everything here. But know whom Jesus is.

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by DeRichard(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:
Please I would love your explanationsite of these verses
John 5.19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom.

My question is, from these verses, can we imply that the father onces suffered and died for sin?
Jess Christmas says, everything he did, he first saw his father do it.
So did the father also suffer and die for the sins of man?

Bible passages have spiritual meanings. What Jesus meant is whatever he does it's God that makes him do it, they communicate as in the spirit as he is being directed my God to do it.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Brightale(f): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:

Hahahaha

Relax and understand.

Son doesn't mean "Son" like a woman giving birth to your child. You are taking it too literally.

Son, here refers to God's word. God is spirit. His words are living and they are life, not like ours. He spoke His words and everything came into existence. Jesus is that word.

So in essence, Jesus is the word of God. Jesus is the son of God.

You are thinking like one without the holy spirit dude
so you mean, we are also word of God, just like Jesus.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by chatinent: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
GT84:

Abeg make you also know say Jesus Na God o
John 1:1-3...and the WORD WAS GOD

If the Word is God, the same verse said the Word was with God. Can sb who is God still be with God?

The same John wrote John 17:3. Read it and open your eyes and be set free.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Johncuppa(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
NobleRace:
'What the Father does in the spirit, I execute in the physical.'

God is Spirit, He doesn't operate in the physical. Jesus discerns what the Father does, wills or desires, and immediately acts obediently to fulfil it.

That's what Jesus was saying in those statements.

Noble and epic.
Simply, Jesus making heavenly will done on earth

1 Like

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Brightale:
so you mean, we are also word of God, just like Jesus.

Guy, are you sure you are a Christian.

Listen to yourself.

I'm not sure you even understand your questions
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Eberex(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
chatinent:

If the Word is God, the same verse said the Word was with God. Can sb who is God still be with God?

The same John wrote John 17:3. Read it and open your eyes and be set free.

Simple English.
The word was with God answers the question on Trinity. God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit.

In the beginning was the word. The word was with God, and the word was God.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by victorazy(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:
Please I would love your explanationsite of these verses
John 5.19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom.

My question is, from these verses, can we imply that the father onces suffered and died for sin?
Jess Christmas says, everything he did, he first saw his father do it.
So did the father also suffer and die for the sins of man?

Many ways Jesus indirectly told He is father in human form.

Jesus is God himself.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Brightale(f): 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:

Guy, are you sure you are a Christian.

Listen to yourself.

I'm not sure you even understand your questions

I do, just that I'm trying to understand your version, because yours sounds different
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Brightale(f): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
victorazy:

Many ways Jesus indirectly told He is father in human form.

Jesus is God himself.
Then why did he cry on the cross saying "Father, why have you forsaken me?"
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Brightale(f): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:

Simple English.
The word was with God answers the question on Trinity. God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit.

So, meaning, God the son, came after several years to die for our sins
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by chatinent: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eberex:

Simple English.

You left the points to stick to what you always heard without checking.

Even the custodians of the trinity dogma don't believe in it no more. Who sent you?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Bornboy4: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
May Anointing oil be upon you.
Some bigots would tell you Jesus is God!
Kobojunkie:
1. You need to get a translation of the Bible in a language you can more easily understand. undecided
God shows Him, Jesus Christ, what He the Father Wills to happen, and He Jesus Christ in turn submits to and does the Father's Will. undecided

So, no, God did not first suffer and die for man before Jesus Christ did. Instead God Willed it that Jesus Christ will suffer and die, Jesus Christ in obedience submitted to doing the Will of the Father.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
justfrankz:
1 John 4:2-3 “Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.”

Brother, please hold fast to your KJV Bible. Do not listen to these devils especially the JWs tying to convince you to get other corrupt versions. Only KJV Bible is the pure and perfect word of God. Study and ask God to help you understand. It will take time but the more you study that Book, the better you understand. What matters is your heart.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. I'm a free thinker, but if only you knew the origin of the King James Version, you'd regret ever believing its authenticity. It's very good to make research, Sir ...and from various sources.

Please read on who King James of England was, his lifestyle, the motive behind the translation of the Bible into the King James Version and the errors in the translation. Only then can you find the truth beneath the thick lies of Christianity. Shalom smiley smiley
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Chibuezem(m): 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
So why didn't Jesus know the hour when he was asked?

His father refuses to inform him?
the question was not directed to Muslims rather to Christians who believe in the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus christ as the saviour of the world and Son of God.

Mouth to dey scratch you for Christian thread tomorrow your brother go carry bomb go kill people because of 7 abi na 20 virgins in heaven....

Islam
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Chibuezem(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
SeriouslySense:
To my little understanding, of which i may be wrong, because God is complex, and he only Shows what he wants to show to the people.

What I understand by this verse is that Jesus is 100 percent in unity with God, because he is also God, this is why whatever the father does the Son can also do.

And another way to understand it, is that Jesus and the Father are truly one, Jesus does what he does according to what the father does, so the saying is true, Listen, O Israel, for the Lord, is One.

finally, if we take it literally, as it comes, it could mean, Jesus, humbles himself So that God is glorified and in this process of revelations, God is revealed in Jesus or through Jesus, so that the Son is also Glorified, for the Lord is One.

nice
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by victorazy(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Brightale:
Then why did he cry on the cross saying "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

That's when the spirit of the father was separated from his body because of sin.

God is God as Father (In heaven)
God is Jesus as Flesh (Earth)
God is Spirit as Power or Force (Manifestation)

Jesus is God in human flesh
God as spirit and overseer
Holy as power and force.

All na one body GOD

Jesus is God the creator of all Himself.
That's why He told Setan not to temp the Lord his God and Setan flee hearing that comment because he knew how he was bitten in heaven.

The Bible and its written is Jesus himself (Word of God) the mind of God that was with God but was later interpreted to man by coming alive as flesh, that's why Jesus was able to teach scripture to the elders at tender age without been thought because He is the world himself

Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Brightale(f): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
victorazy:

That's when the spirit of the father was separated from his body because of sin.

God is God as Father (In heaven)
God is Jesus as Flesh (Earth)
God is Spirit as Power or Force (Manifestation)

Jesus is God in human flesh
God as spirit and overseer
Holy as power and force.

All na one body GOD

Jesus is God the creator of all Himself.
That's why He told Setan not to temp the Lord his God and Setan flee hearing that comment because he knew how he was bitten in heaven.
LOL, Jesus is God, The spirit of God left him, that's why God the Father left him. Meaning God didn't Know that some people will try to kill him by crucification.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Sambab(m): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
tctrills:

I don't understand, are you sating that in another version of the bible, it says differently.
If so, which version would we believe? Also, could you please tell me the name of the other version you are talking about?
I would love to read from a different bible and compare. Hopefully that wouldn't increase confusion.

I don't think you are a Christian at all, hence the reason you are ready to criticize the Bible. You didn't even know that bible has different versions, you are not ready to understand the passage at all, but just try to muck the scripture,
But if you really serious in knowing more. I will advise you to go to any church close to your house, make sure you attend their bible study, then you will be more knowledgeable with the Bible
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
DeRichard:

Bible passages have spiritual meanings. What Jesus meant is whatever he does it's God that makes him do it, they communicate as in the spirit as he is being directed my God to do it.
That's your interpretation and I appreciate it. So you are saying Jesus didn't see or learn from the father but the verse meant something else right?
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
highness25:
That's what happens when you copy and paste. Try and write from your own understanding
Actually, I did not copy and paste, my phone seemed to auto correct my text. Sorry about that
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by victorazy(m): 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Brightale:
LOL, Jesus is God, The spirit of God left him, that's why God the Father left him. Meaning God didn't Know that some people will try to kill him by crucification.

Ofcus God knows everything and that's why he told them about his death "I will destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in 3 days" He was raised after 3 days (Matth. 26:61) this verse explained it that Jesus committed suicide because he gave his life.

You know we human being see and interpret things in human way. God's way is far from us.

It mean that God as flesh felt human pains and was first time reasoned like human and that moment the spirit of God left (flesh). Remember Jesus said he wished the cup will pass him but let the will of father be done, he was speaking as flesh.

Jesus died like a sinner and God left him. He went to hell as sinner without God.
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
SeriouslySense:
I hope you find your answers, its an interesting question.

I hope so but everyone is giving it his own interpretation. It's getting more confusing, how little we know about God and Jesus Christ
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bornboy4:
May Anointing oil be upon you.
Some bigots would tell you Jesus is God!
Jesus is God over those who belong in His Kingdom and Flock! He is God's Law in the Kingdom of God and all those who live in continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, which we are called to doing bow down to Him as He is God over their very lives. undecided
Re: Explain These Bible Verses by tctrills: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
SeriouslySense:
For raising the dead, I don't know about that, because God is complex, and he has been living with no beginning, we don't know what happened before our universe was created, so there are some questions we cannot really answer, and even in our history, we are not aware of so many things that happened in the world, after creation, or the kind of dialogue that was going on between the persons of God.

But from the bible, it was part of God's plan that Jesus should die on the cross. Jesus also said that we should pay more attention to our salvation than things we cannot comprehend yet, heaven will be a very interesting place, we will keep learning.

I love your humility. It's hard for many of us to admit that we don't know.
While I know that the answer to this question wouldn't take anyone to heaven, but it could open up new unknown facts about the nature of God and Christ

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? / The Scriptures Say Eat Your Tithe - Daddy Freeze / Testimony Of A Nairalander Who Got Healed Of Bed Wetting At 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.