Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion (15442 Views)

Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn / NNPC: Refineries Gulped ₦81.41 Billion, Refined Zero Crude For 8 Months / FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2021
supereagle:

The NNPC is now the Northern Nigeria Petroleum Company. The all-Muslim top 20 executives in NNPC makes Nigeria look like an annex of Arab Emirates.

1. Mele Kyari (GMD)
2. Umar Ajiya (Chief Finance Officer/Finance and Accounts)
3. Yusuf Usman (Chief Operating Officer)
4. Farouk Garba Sa’id (Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services)
5. Mustapha Yakubu (Chief Operating Officer, Refining and Petrochemicals)
6. Hadiza Coomassie (Corporate Secretary/Legal Adviser to the Corporation)
7. Omar Ibrahim (Group General Manager, International Energy Relations)
8. Kallamu Abdullahi (GGM Renewable Energy)
9. Ibrahim Birma (GGM Governance Risk and Compliance)
10. Bala Wunti (GGM NAPIMS)
11. Inuwa Waya (MD NNPC Shipping)
12. Musa Lawan (MD Pipelines And Product Marketing)
13. Mansur Sambo (MD Nigeria Petroleum Development Company)
14. Lawal Sade (MD Duke Oil/NNPC Trading Company)
15. Malami Shehu (MD Port Harcourt Refining Company)
16. Muhammed Abah (MD Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company)
17. Abdulkadir Ahmed (MD Nigeria Gas Marketing Company)
18. Salihu Jamari (MD Nigeria Gas and Power Investment Company Limited)
19. Mohammed Zango (MD NNPC Medical Services)
20. Sarki Auwalu (Director, Department of Petroleum Resources)*

*Only three top positions were allotted to the entire Southern Nigeria.*

*What happened to federal character? What’s the job of the Federal Character Commission? Do we have a National Assembly? What the hell is wrong with the members of National Assembly? Where’s the Senate oversight committee on NNPC? Where are the activists?*

The North produces nothing and contributes zero revenue to the central purse in Abuja. Yet, the North gulps 99 per cent of the revenue*

Nepotism results in bias, unfair treatment, and exclusion of others. Nepotism.

LAMIDO's Confession

*Fulanis with no sea shore are controlling Yoruba seaports and NPA, Fulanis with no single barrel of crude oil are controlling the NNPC. Minority fulanis with a population of less than 10 million are controlling the Yoruba nation that is over 60 million people.

Minority fulanis who occupy the poorest region in Nigeria are the ones controlling the taxes, industries and revenue of Yorubaland.

Minority fulanis control the judiciary, the military, the police , the air force, Civil defense and the immigration while the Yoruba nation is held up like a slave in a plantation.

*Go to Apapa wharf, Tin can Island, NPA, Nigerian Customs all over Yoruba land, the fulanis are ruling supreme.

Any society where the minority rules the majority, it is an apartheid system of government.

Hussein Maitaya

So all.these northern managers collect the salaries of their refinery workers without paying them anything?

That is .my point. I know NNPC has northerners dominated managements, and I agree with you but they dont chop their workers salary wothout paying them a dime
do they?

The 69 billion is for refinery workers who are from all parts of the country. Not for their fulani dominated management. Workers must be paid and NNPC is very generous to serving and former workers regardless of state or teibe
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by shadeyinka(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:
The refineries don't work because for years they have been forced to work at a loss....so that Nigerians can get cheap fuel

As for payment....Government does not pay NNPC workers from the profit of their refineries...it is from allocation to NNPC.

i DON'T like Atiku, but there is a good reason why he called for NNPC to be privatised.
The refineries don't work because we cannot maintain it. This is because we don't make any component part of the refinery and the manufacturers have to custom make the parts whenever it's time for maintenance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2021
shadeyinka:

The refineries don't work because we cannot maintain it. This is because we don't make any component part of the refinery and the manufacturers have to custom make the parts whenever it's time for maintenance

True and also because subsidy means goverment controlled prices which force the refineries to run at a loss meaning no money for buying spare parts

But you are 100% right.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Ayo2004: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:

So how do all our neighbours manage at prices between 300 to 400 naira per liter?

Even countries like Liberia?
Liberians are surviving more they are living...

About 70% of the population live I extreme poverty
Crime rate is about 75%
They are not living,they are just struggling to survive....
The state of anarchy is far worse than Nigeria,you don't just know because of their small population and they are not considered among Africa's elite

If 80% of liberians are living in extreme poverty,that's only about 4million people (their population is 5 million) but if 20% of Nigerians are living in extreme poverty,that's about 40million people so Nigeria will be rated as having more poor people

Don't compare Nigeria and Liberia abeg
Nigeria is a shithole but Liberia is worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Ayo2004: 10:35am On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:

An implication of your comment also is that you in essence support goverment making businessmen sell at a very low price so that they cannot make enough of a profit to fund their businesses.

The thing is , for over 30 years we have been selling fuel at a loss. It has led to the destruction of our refinereis because No profit means refinereis cannot work. It has also pushed us into more and more debt. And cost us lots of jobs . Jobs.

At the end of the day, let's be honest. If subsides go. Yes there will be high prices. But it will become more attractive to refine fuel at home meaning more jobs. Goverment saves money which can be used for health and education and even poverty alleviation. And prices will fall by competition. Plus we become a net exporter of refined fuel
True,bro..I understand now the benefits

But Nigerians will not agree o,the only benefit we derive from this country is subsidy.Many believe it will only lead to more looting.But for that period before we start to reap the benefits,the country will be a warzone
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2021
Ayo2004:

Liberians are surviving more they are living...

About 70% of the population live I extreme poverty
Crime rate is about 75%
They are not living,they are just struggling to survive....
The state of anarchy is far worse than Nigeria,you don't just know because of their small population and they are not considered among Africa's elite

If 80% of liberians are living in extreme poverty,that's only about 4million people (their population is 5 million) but if 20% of Nigerians are living in extreme poverty,that's about 40million people so Nigeria will be rated as having more poor people

Don't compare Nigeria and Liberia abeg
Nigeria is a shithole but Liberia is worse

So if we are richer than Liberia there should be no issues paying for fuel at a higher price especially as we also by your analogy have more richer people than they do.

Plus poor people don't benefit from subsides. It is the car owning rich
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2021
Ayo2004:

But Nigerians will not agree o,the only benefit we derive from this country is subsidy.Many believe it will only lead to more looting.But for that period before we start to reap the benefits,the country will be a warzone

And the so called benefit is costing us lots long term
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Havertz10: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:

So if we are richer than Liberia there should be no issues paying for fuel at a higher price especially as we also by your analogy have more richer people than they do.

Plus poor people don't benefit from subsides. It is the car owning rich
its pricing has a ripple effect on other products, if we don't fix that first, subsidy will always remain a contentious subject

If fuel price is doubled today, nearly all products will double in price, its astonishing
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by BeardedMeat(m): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:

Are there no Northerners in Ikpeazu goverment?

Besides that, my point is we need to sell petrol at a profit before we see working refineries.

Not your North South fight
Nnpc should be totally unbundled. That's what you need. So guess those who will stand against such move, those whose bread have been well buttered by Nnpc.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2021
Havertz10:
its pricing has a ripple effect on other products, if we don't fix that first, subsidy will always remain a contentious subject

If fuel price is doubled today, nearly all products will double in price, its astonishing

Then there is the eventual price reduction due to increased production resulting from petrol now being profitable to refine at home which leads to an increase in the number of refinereis

Goverment saves money which means more money for other things and poverty alleviation. And lessened need to take loans.

And more jobs.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Nnpc should be totally unbundled. That's what you need. So guess those who will stand against such move, those whose bread have been well buttered by Nnpc.

Yes NNPC should be privatised and the subsidy should go too. So that NNPC can live off its profits not goverment.

Which is my point
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by shadeyinka(m): 10:50am On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:

True and also because subsidy means goverment controlled prices which force the refineries to run at a loss meaning no money for buying spare parts

But you are 100% right.
Subsidy is a different scam of its own. Even if the cost of PMS is N500 per litre, NNPC will not still function because they must still import.
Importation involves getting dollars at CBN rates for fake imports of PMS. The getting of the dollar is the main cause.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by poiZon: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:

You don't get it.

Good morning. I have tried. If subsidy was soo good why do people like noi support its removal.

Besides the gas we use in this country to cook is lpg not lng.

Finally would you support goverment setting the price of your business for you instead of you? You won't.Yet you support it for the oil industry because you want cheap fuel.

Well it is costing this nation too much to keep fuel cheap.
Am not against subsidy removal, i supported it 100percent when gej initiated it but i was against the sharing of the proceeds between states n fed govt.
so like i said I don't understand how subsidy is stopping investors who got licence to build and operate refineries won't build...
Like i mentioned the nlng model earlier, LPG is priced in dollar likewise AGO, DPK and fuel.
Lpg was subsidized by fg all these years but NLNG was still 100percent operational and also making profits. It just launched a new production facility that will increase its production capacity.
So if NLNG could and was still operating irrespective ofthe subsidy regime, why can't those who got refinery licence can't also operate with the same system?
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by pacespot(m): 11:18am On Sep 12, 2021
The number one problem of Nigeria is the overstretched size of recurrent expenditures, many government workers (civil and public servants) are just there collecting money and doing nothing, this government needs to think about shedding some weights if they are serious about moving forward.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Zoharariel:

The same thing they said about NEPA. What exactly has changed?

This illiterate, certificateless, quota-system & fura da nono-drinking bastard President & his stupid Vice President said they were going to build us one Refinery every year. What stopped them from fulfilling their fake & useless promises?

I know that you’re a paid BMC charlatan as your moniker was just registered on Nairaland last month (August 27) and my spirit is strongly telling me that this is none other than “NASIR EL-RUFAI” hiding under this moniker because the nepotistic & tribalistic bastard has always been at the forefront of the Petroleum Subsidy removal.

But let me quickly make one thing clear to you. If you & your fellow direction-less rogues in Government dare tamper with the Subsidy; the only thing you will remember before we start hunting your bastard children like kangaroos in the wild while Nigeria is completely burnt down to ashes is that instead of reading about Tonto Dike, Annie Idibia & BBN; Nigerians will be reading your obituaries on the pages of newspapers & all social media platforms - Foolish, Despicable & Greedy Bastards!

Note: That stupid quota-system arithmetic you’re asking me about buying & selling of 10kg bag of rice should be directed to your brainless campaign managers & economic teams who met a bag of 50kg foreign rice at 8,500Naira when APC came to power in 2015 while the same bag is now being sold at over 40,000Naira.

Like I said earlier, if you tamper with the Petroleum Subsidy - AMA PA IYALAYA GBOGBO YIN NI!

If Nigeria is broke, it is very simple; shut down the National Assembly and all the MDAs with all their over-bloated & useless padded budgets. We do not need them because they are of no use to the average Nigerian.

You heard what Rotimi Amaechi said last week; “IF WE’RE NOT CAREFUL, WE’LL BE CHASED OUT OF ABUJA”.

https://dailytrust.com/amaechi-if-we-are-not-careful-well-be-chased-out-of-abuja

Yes, that is simply because Rotimi Amaechi’s cosmic extrasensory perceptor is in order and can detect the chaos & free-for-all anarchy that will ensue should you BASTARDS IN GOVERNMENT dare make another wrong move!

1.I am.not a Northerner. Nor am I in politics

All i have written there came after my eyes were opened during the subsidy removal fight of 2011. Where I saw.some sense after years of supporting subsides. For the first time I listened to the experts including NOI, did some research and understood clearly

And it is for that reason that I did not vote for buhari in 2015 because 40 naira fuel does not make sense then and now.

2. Thank you for the abuse. Especially as I did not abuse you. It costs nothing to be kind and matured in your response. Abuse gets you nowhere. And won't convince anyone . That is why i am not going to talk or respond to you again when my comment is finished. Because you want to abuse me not to convince me.

3. No manner of abuse can change the fact that businesses are not run for the benefit of the poor. It is painful and harsh

4. NEPA has the same problem and still does. Not being allowed to charge cost reflective tarrif. Because goverment past and present don't want the political fallout..So power runs at a loss.

5. Good afternoon. Many happy landings. Reality is harsh.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by openmine(m): 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:
The only way for the refienreis to work is simple.

Let marketers control the price of fuel...not the government. And privatize NNPC.

Sure, we would pay for fuel at N300 per liter or higher, but in return..THERE would be enough money to fix refineries, enough money to make them work.

And NNPC won't dare let the refineries run down because as a result...they would lose profits if they do.

And we would get more and more people investing in refineries.because NOW it is profitable to refine at home , rather than import.

Finally, we would stop the illegal smuggling of our subsidized fuel abroad.
Bro this your point to allow marketers to control the price of a product as sensitive as PMS is not a good idea.....once marketers determine the price,the inevitable increase will affect the economy of the nation!
There is also no guarantee that the marketers or private companies will set up refineries which will take 2 to 3 years....will the economy be able to sustain itself during that period?
I even thought that the first borrowing from Fg under PMB should have been the rehabilitation or building of new refineries that would have been refining petroleum products by now and eventually end importation!

Let them borrow funds to either build or rehabilitate the refineries!

Nigerians have suffered enough from the insensitivity of past and present administration on this aspect!
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by bewise24: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Fiscal Federalism is the way out
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by samwillyco1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
How can it generate anything when quoter system people are heading all department in it.

Finally, NIGERIA Jagajaga
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Nauttyprof(m): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Femi Adeshina won't include this as part of his report and praise for his Oga
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by sonofthunder: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:
The refineries don't work because for years they have been forced to work at a loss....so that Nigerians can get cheap fuel

As for payment....Government does not pay NNPC workers from the profit of their refineries...it is from allocation to NNPC.

i DON'T like Atiku, but there is a good reason why he called for NNPC to be privatised.

The former VP does not mean well.

The refineries should be privatised not NNPC
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by assent: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
seunmsg:

You are still not making any sense as usual. Atiku is a rogue and we won’t allow him to sell NNPC to his fronts and cronies. In fact, he will never be president of Nigeria. Know this and know peace.

Atiku is a rogue and Buhari is a saint?

How's Buhari better than Atiku?

Give yourself a dirty slap for that rubbish thought.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by peculiar2233: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
ecolime:
Refineries that should have been sold off long time ago.

Nigerian government can't run businesses on behalf of the state. We are too corrupt for that.

I have always agreed with Atiku on this full privatisation thing all along.

The dummies called for his head when he said it during campaign. Most Nigerians are d problems of themselves. He isn't d best for Nigeria but he was d best option then.
Let them enjoy d dullard they have in power now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by busomma: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
This rubbish can only happen in Nigeria . I weep 4 this country.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Positivepoint(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
BeardedMeat:
It's the normal ATM stuff. Nnpc is the northern ATM.

The North stole 6 trillion from NDDC too.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by chukxie(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
When OPEC meetings are held, Nigeria is always present. It a misnomer that Nigeria is a member of OPEC! An oil rich country that doesn't refine its own God-given oil! Shame on Nigeria. Shame on our leaders- past and present. Nigeria is a curse to sub Sahara Africa.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by lawkenoz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
chukxie:
When OPEC meetings are held, Nigeria is always present. It a misnomer that Nigeria is a member of OPEC! An oil rich country that doesn't refine its own God-given oil! Shame on Nigeria. Shame on our leaders- past and present. Nigeria is a curse to sub Sahara Africa.

Bro you just hit the point everyone else has been missing. We have this crude oil as a natural resource, if we drill out and refine the crude here with majorly local sourced means would we die? If we refine these things ourselves within the country shouldn't it stand to reason that it will cost less to do so here and sell the refined products at cheaper rate for our people then at international rates when we export them and make money from it?

Rather, we export the crude and import one of the refined derivates at international prices, then subsidize it with profits we made from the crude oil sale.....who cursed this nation abeg?

Ive heard of locally refined petroleum products done crudely by our brothers into bunkering that live in the creeks of ND, all it needs it's fine tuning and professional methods to make it feasible for the larger public.

Whenever you talk of this petrol stuff you hear landing cost and all what not....can't we refine it ourselves and enjoy it like an oil producer should?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Gfskw: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Jesus
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by VanuatuWycombe: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ayo2004:

Both present and past governments (the 3 arms) are not serious. They should have started the removal of subsidies in piecemeal 20, 25 years ago. By now we would have gotten over it. Instead, they kept postponing evil days.
I, authoritatively, heard of a subsidy beneficiary who was collecting over N500million daily in 2014. He is one of the cabals. He collects subsidy till today - a south westerner. They are part of the reasons our refineries died. They killed it and corrupted NNPC.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by Blackdisciple(m): 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Blame the Niger Delta people for all these. It seems the Niger Delta region are good father Christmas who care for everyone. Just imagine the North having these oil wells? As far as an Igbo man is not at the helm of oil management in the country they are OK with it. Let everyone enjoy the spoils of one Nigeria.

To be honest bro its insane , if the north was the ones having that oil by now ehh other region would have been using their tongue to count their teeth, in every cake shared they will take majority and you dare not talk cos Northern coalition for sure will come for you that's if you are not arrested, even as it is now they feel they are the ones to be ruling every sector in the country not to talk of if it's the other way around.

Southern leaders are hypocrites

1 Like

Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by 9japride(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Blackdisciple:

To be honest bro its insane , if the north was the ones having that oil by now ehh other region would have been using their tongue to count their teeth, in every cake shared they will take majority and you dare not talk cos Northern coalition for sure will come for you that's if you are not arrested, even as it is now they feel they are the ones to be ruling every sector in the country not to talk of if it's the other way around.

Southern leaders are hypocrites
[color=#006600][/color]

It's very unfortunate, I hope the youths wake up from their slumber.
Re: NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion by xeju: 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
Modrov:
The only way for the refienreis to work is simple.

Let marketers control the price of fuel...not the government. And privatize NNPC.

Sure, we would pay for fuel at N300 per liter or higher, but in return..THERE would be enough money to fix refineries, enough money to make them work.

And NNPC won't dare let the refineries run down because as a result...they would lose profits if they do.

And we would get more and more people investing in refineries.because NOW it is profitable to refine at home , rather than import.

Finally, we would stop the illegal smuggling of our subsidized fuel abroad.
excuse upon excuse upon excuse. after your Godfather said he would fix all refineries didn't he factor this your economics into the whole picture or he's a moronic buffoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death / Jonathan Is The Best President – Maku / Buhari Rejects N1.7tr Ransom For Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.