Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,075 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death (15425 Views)

I Am Willing, Ready To Support PDP’ — Jonathan Backs Atiku/Okowa ticket / Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 11 Years After His Death / PDP: Jonathan’s Men Regroup For 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by fergie001: 2:10pm On May 05, 2023
On this day, thirteen years ago, our nation lost a great and selfless leader, President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. He was a man of peace, justice and accountability.

We look back with appreciation to God for his time on earth and the impact of his leadership on our nation.

President Yar’Adua was an exemplary leader who lived above prejudice and was fair to all. His public life inspired many positively. I always recall with fondness the pleasant experience of working with him as my boss.

Today, we remember him for his life of selfless service, dedication and commitment to a united and prosperous nation.

We will continue to remember him for his developmental strides and his commitment to the peace and progress of Nigeria.

-GEJ

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

In loving memory of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, a devoted leader, and a champion for democracy. As we mark the anniversary of his passing on May 5, 2010, we are reminded of his unwavering commitment to the people of Nigeria, and his steadfast dedication to the sanctity of the ballot and his relentless pursuit of a fair and transparent electoral process.

President Yar'Adua was a beacon of humility and integrity, acknowledging the shortcomings of the very election that brought him to power in 2007. His ability to recognize and strive for improvements in Nigeria's electoral system speaks volumes about his character and his devotion to the nation.

Despite the illness that eventually claimed his life, President Yar'Adua continued to fight for a better Nigeria, initiating a correcting process and setting a path for future leaders to follow. His enduring legacy is a testament to his passion for democracy and justice.

As we honor his memory today, let us be inspired by his vision and unwavering determination to create a more just and equitable society for all Nigerians. Thank you for your selfless service, Mr President. And may the Almighty Allah continue to grant you Al-Jannah Firdaus - AA

Atiku Abubakar

13 years ago today, our nation lost its President, and I lost a man whom I had the privilege to call my dear friend, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua.

Many times, when I remember him, I am thankful for the memories and I am glad that his contributions to the nation will forever be remembered and cherished.

I pray Almighty Allah (SWT) continues to sustain for him a place in Aljannah Firdaus. Ameen.

Abubakar Bukola Saraki

#Remembrance:
Our late President, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was a beloved leader, a courageous man, humble, honest, forthright and dependable statesman. His legacies in stabilizing our nation, particularly in instilling the Rule of Law, equity and peaceful co-existence in line with the manifesto of the @OfficialPDPNig can never be forgotten.

May Allah continue to grant him Jannatul-Firdaus and forgive his sins.

PDP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by taylor88(m): 2:12pm On May 05, 2023
When Yar'adua came out

Igbos SS/SE Yoruba supported him wholeheartedly bcuz he was the best amongst his peers & till today he’s great foot prints still lives

I never see person wey insult Yaradua online b4

Boom 10yrs later after his death the Yorubas went and filled in a Quarter-to-Quench Cocaine criminal who looted their destiny dry with his son to buy almost all UK properties while they’re busy collecting Owo mi da and hawking Agbo

When we supported Yar'adua they didn’t call us Tribalistic

Till they brought out a Heroin Escober who urinates per second

All of a sudden we’re now Tribal bcuz we no support that Armed robber without a single history and family trace

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Feintline: 2:14pm On May 05, 2023
Respect to president umaru yaradua. God bless his soul.
One president Nigeria missed.

My respect for the late president was when he boldly said, the election that brought me in was not free and fair.
Down the line his able deputy president Good luck Jonathan towed the same line and called to congratulate President buhari when all pressures where on him to do otherwise.

President buhari who happened to enjoy the goodwill of president GEJ has given Nigeria the worst election since 1960 despite the technology and whooping 300billion spent.

Like PODATTI said, president buhari would have simply selected somebody as his replacement and used the 300billion to settle our debts, settle subsidy, or pay lecturers in schools.

It is devilish and haram to spend 300billion and come out with the nonsense we have now.

Rest in peace president yaradua. Nigeria misses you.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:14pm On May 05, 2023
I remembered good times of Yaradua. I use to eat fish with N200 in Abuja then. Nigeria was bubbling with the kind of Timaya, 2face and other artists coming up.

It was always a FUN galore 247. Nobody ever mentioned Boko Haram. Most youths were busy with one business or the other. I think we missed it when we lost him.

I really love Igbos and will always commend them for standing with truth at all cost. Igbos loved Yaradua but magas think they hate Buhari because he is a northerner. Shame on useless APC supporters. They destroyed this country with all manner of propaganda. Buhari had no business coming close to governance. HONESTLY

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 05, 2023
They will begin to praise him now, same people that bashed and insulted him while he was alive and president. In this life just keep doing good like my Asiwaju is doing no matter the rumor and negativity, posterity is the only truthful thing that will sing your praises when the time comes

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Ogiame: 2:17pm On May 05, 2023
When you're good, people will remember you and the impact you had during your stay on earth....

The question here is, Who will remember Buhari when he finally joins his Katsina Brother?

Rest well Yar' Adua

28 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 05, 2023
Ogiame:
When you're good, people will remember you and the impact you had during your stay on earth....

The question here is, Who will remember Buhari when he finally joins his Katsina Brother?

Rest well Yar' Adua
hypocrite

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Acekidc4(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2023
Shioor........the same people claiming to Celebrate and Love him now that he is dead hate him when he was alive ooooo. He was more like a Stumbling block to them ooo.....rubbish People.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by fergie001: 2:20pm On May 05, 2023
RIP UMY... He remains my man.

4 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Ogiame: 2:21pm On May 05, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
They will begin to praise him now, same people that bashed and insulted him while he was alive and president. In this life just keep doing good like my Asiwaju is doing no matter the rumor and negativity, posterity will be the only truthful thing that will sing your praises.
You don't have anything intelligent to say.

No one bash him while he was still alive, Not even the opposition, that's because he did well during his short time.

Politics is not romance section where you drop nonsense comment waiting for Likes.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Ogiame: 2:22pm On May 05, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
hypocrite
Expected of a slow head like you to type trash.

Hypocrite? Is that's your surname?

10 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Femisol(m): 2:23pm On May 05, 2023
The man foisted on us by OBJ.

He himself confirmed that the 2007 election(that got him to power) was widely flawed

2 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Xscape1993(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2023
The best so far....

1 Like

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Kingsize4eva(m): 2:30pm On May 05, 2023
The best man ever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Templee333(m): 2:30pm On May 05, 2023
In those days when we did not dream of buying a litre of petrol for N100. that was Yar'adua

7 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by SALLYBERRY01(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2023
We miss him, may we not miss buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by CHIOMAEZEH: 2:31pm On May 05, 2023
A man who could have made a difference.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1HHgbXxK7g

1 Like

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Krublog(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2023
God bless UMY
Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Olachase(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2023
10 years gone just like that 😔😔
Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by ManWater: 2:32pm On May 05, 2023
If you are reading this comment, you would almost certainly be 6ft below by year 2100 (ict). cool

What will you be remembered for?
Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by youngreezy(m): 2:33pm On May 05, 2023
The best president we had
Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by ImoleNaija: 2:33pm On May 05, 2023
Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by GeneralPula: 2:35pm On May 05, 2023
An Enigma..

His 7 point Agenda died the moment the clueless Jona took over..

3 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by SpaceTour: 2:36pm On May 05, 2023
May his soul continue to rest in peace
Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by GeneralPula: 2:36pm On May 05, 2023

1 Like

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by atheistandproud(m): 2:37pm On May 05, 2023
During Yar'Adua's time, I remember buying fuel for 62 Naira, WAEC was 12K, a basket of garri was N150, life was easy. He brought peace to the Niger Delta and pacified the country.

He was a great man whose vision 20:20 would have taken us very far. It's a shame that the cold hands of death took him away.

He remains the Best Nigeria President of my lifetime, both Military and Civilian.

5 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by BrickDevo: 2:37pm On May 05, 2023
Only ruled 3 years and Nigeria was better than it was during obsanjo's. The best Nigeriian president ever

2 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Hambivert: 2:38pm On May 05, 2023
I remember when Late Yar'adua was alive, NLC led by Adams Oshiomole went on strike for a hike in fuel price, and the late President went on National television to apologise to the whole nation for the effects of the increase in the fuel price.
He insisted that going forward, if a sparogative increase would ever take place, he would consult the NLC and other stakeholders before implementation. Thereafter, the greatest leader and peacemaker Nigeria never enjoyed went on to reduce the fuel pump price even below its previous price.

Never had it ever happened in Nigeria's history. It remained at that price, ₦65 even years after his death.

13 Likes

Re: PDP, Jonathan, Atiku Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 13 Years After His Death by Hotwest: 2:38pm On May 05, 2023
Better President from Katsina not this mumu man called Buhat that have taken Nigeria backwards

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hardship In US. Forces Nigerians Home / Buhari, ECOWAS Leaders Meet Jammeh, Insist He Must Step Down / Reps Caution APC Over Plan To Remove Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.