Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi (1282 Views)

Banditry: Create Ministry For Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari Government. / Buhari Govt Knows Hideouts Of Bandits, Killer Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi / Miyetti Allah Calls For Establishment Of Fulani Vigilantes In South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Abel7777: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2021
Fearless Islamic cleric Sheikh Ahmad Gumi on Friday called for the establishment of a federal ministry to address the grievances of bandits and killer Fulani herders terrorising the country.

Mr Gumi, a self-appointed intermediary in the ongoing crises of banditry and killer herdsmen, said in a Facebook post on Friday that bandits should be rehabilitated like Niger Delta militants, adding that declaring war against bandits would be futile.

“Some said we have tried amnesty but it didn’t work. You didn’t try amnesty but tried amnesia. Amnesty without rehabilitation, reconciliation, and reparation is no amnesty,” Mr Gumi said. “Ask the former Niger Delta Militants who killed security men in the past what an amnesty is. What stops us from having a federal ministry of Nomadic Affairs where their grievances and complaints will be addressed?”

President Umar Yar’Adua implemented an amnesty policy that saw the rehabilitation of thousands of Niger Delta militants who had waged a decade-long war on oil facilities across the region. The militants lamented economic deprivation and environmental degradation that assailed the oil-rich region, drawing both sympathy and condemnation from different segments of the society.

The militants accepted political and economic solutions, including the creation of a Niger Delta ministry, proposed by the Yar’Adua administration and relinquished their arms and ammunition, marking an end of hostilities that saw the destruction of oil installations and deadly attacks on local and expatriate oil workers.

Mr Gumi’s statement came days after Katsina Governor Aminu Masari openly admitted that Fulanis are the bandits and herders responsible for the widespread killing and abduction across the country.

Mr Gumi said his efforts to get amnesty for bandits and killer herdsmen have been sabotaged by President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision to deploy troops against violent criminals.

“Some disingenuous people say: peace and negotiations with herdsmen bandits have failed, and your mission has failed! I said my mission has not failed but it was sabotaged or discouraged by the same influential people that benefit from the chaos or like us to destroy ourselves and leave the herdsmen in perpetual ignorance,” Mr Gumi said.

http://www.signalng.com/nigeria-needs-federal-ministry-of-fulani-herdsmen-sheikh-gumi/
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by chatinent: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2021
Taliban has spoken.
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by LadyExcellency: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2021
Did the Federal Government steal their cows?

Who is milking and destroying the livelihood and resources of Fulani herdsmen?

Fulani herdsmen remains the second most dangerous killer terrorist organisation in the world after ISWAP/BokoHaram according to the recent World Terrorism Index and you want to reorganise them by giving them more resources and authority over the people they destroyed their ancestral lands and kill their people.

God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 10:06am On Sep 12, 2021
As long as Shrek Gumi walks the streets free, Banditry will continue Waxing stronger.
Arrest Gumi and see those criminals weakened.

"Strike the Shepherd and the flock will scatter"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Welcum: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2021
Fulani herders have been around since time immemorial. So, why have they become such a big issue only under Buhari?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by slickbak(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Can we also have Ministry for Men Affairs while we’re at it?
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by endsarrrs(f): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by donbachi(m): 10:12am On Sep 12, 2021
Yes....with ministry of sheikh gumi.
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by mayklef(m): 10:12am On Sep 12, 2021
And As the spokesman of the terrorists, Gumi will surely head the ministry
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by ThEGodFaThEr104: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2021
Yes you're right but where will the funding come from?
From Northern states or Niger Delta Oyel money?
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Anazp: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2021
, hi
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by insidelife22(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2021
this is the hieght of Hypocrisy.

you kill people,want their land,want every thing and still asks for more simply because one of your own is on the throne.
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Ekez(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2021
This man is very maaaaddddddd
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by joinnow: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2021
Tori for town teaching us be say the bandits demand
Ministry of herders and cow
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by AntiBMC(m): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2021
DSS won't arrest him but they can easily invite or arrest southerners like Malaifia. Stvpid things.
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Paragon311(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2021
This man speak with myopic reasoning.

Every livestock should have a ministry then

Yeyenatu.....

Islam is a curse to this world I swear.
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Arigbabuwo21(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2021
i
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by esky158(m): 11:50am On Sep 12, 2021
Abeg add federal ministry of ezi awo headed by me for all my southern brothers
Dis man is mad ooo people like dis have nothing to do with power and politics reasoning like cow that he is
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Arrant rubbish
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by houseontherock: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
We also need a Federal ministry of pig farmers, ministry of goat rearers, ministry of snail harvesters and ministry of chicken farmers
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Lubumbashi: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
They have already created federal ministry of disaster management for the north. I don't know what they want again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by newinventions: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hey, I have been using a site called SocialRebel and earned $50 today! You get paid for testing apps, voicing opinion and posting on social media. Its just that easy. Sign up with my link for a $50 bonus instantly! https://share.socialrebel.co/Tomidy
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by Masterclass32: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
He actually meant federal ministry for terrorists and jihadists.
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by 9japride(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
These guys are very wicked, with all the killings going on in the country and attacks on communitues they don't feel an inch of remorse. My hope is for everyone to go their separate ways and those who love Taliban style of government should be free to practice theirs and those supporting them from the south can merge with them also.
Re: Nigeria Needs Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen – Sheikh Gumi by SarkinYarki: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Pastors Should Speak Up Now. / States With Highest Mobile Subscribers — Q1 2022 / Advice Please: On Top My Property, Omo Ibo Wan Kill Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.