Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Advice Needed Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed Please (588 Views)

Wife vs Husband : Family vs Career. Help Needed please / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please by ouvredeparis: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
I don't like to attend parties or social functions... I'm not a shy person, I speak fluently and confidently in public and around people...but parties or social gatherings don't really interest me...I just prefer quiet celebrations of maybe 3-5 people...that's all..

This issue has been going on for long and it has caused a rift between my family members, friends and I countless times because they don't seem to understand that I'm not just the partying type...
They misunderstand my reserved nature as being irresponsible...
I need advice on how to make them understand that's just how I am... None of dem dey feed me even if I decide not to explain anything to them but then no man is an Island.... cry cry
Re: Advice Needed Please by chatinent: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
Being irresponsible? Jeez!

I'm like you.

I don't attentions those too but I feel I am very much responsible.
Re: Advice Needed Please by socialmediaman: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
@ouvredeparis You're possibly an introvert, however, you still need to develop social skills, which are important for building relationships. People are first strangers, then friends. You still need your quiet alone time a lot to refresh, but don't isolate yourself or become anti social because of your introverted nature. Don't stay away from parties, just don't go to them too often. When you get to know people, parties of people you know won't feel too draining.
Re: Advice Needed Please by ouvredeparis: 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
socialmediaman:
@ouvredeparis You're possibly an introvert, however, you still need to develop social skills, which are important for building relationships. People are first strangers, then friends. You still need your quiet alone time a lot to refresh, but don't isolate yourself or become anti social because of your introverted nature. Don't stay away from parties, just don't go to them too often. When you get to know people, parties of people you know won't feel too draining.

Thanks a lot for your piece of advice... I really appreciate
Re: Advice Needed Please by ouvredeparis: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
chatinent:
Being irresponsible? Jeez!

I'm like you.

I don't attentions those too but I feel I am very much responsible.

How does your family and friends react whenever you tell them you are not interested in attending parties
Re: Advice Needed Please by 1Bishop(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
ouvredeparis:
I don't like to attend parties or social functions... I'm not a shy person, I speak fluently and confidently in public and around people...but parties or social gatherings don't really interest me...I just prefer quiet celebrations of maybe 3-5 people...that's all..

This issue has been going on for long and it has caused a rift between my family members, friends and I countless times because they don't seem to understand that I'm not just the partying type...
I need advice on how to make them understand that's just how I am... None of dem dey feed me even if I decide not to explain anything to them but then no man is an Island.... cry cry
Sir, be yourself. There's nothing wrong with you. You own your life

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
ouvredeparis:

You can't force understanding on those who aren't ready for it. You have to wait for them to realize the truth that has been before them in their own time.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by ouvredeparis: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You can't force understanding on those who aren't ready for it. You have to wait for them to realize the truth that has been before them in their own time.. undecided

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by frozen70(f): 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
ouvredeparis:

You don't need to explain anything to anyone

If they have a gathering, attend it, stay briefly and go the most important thing is that you attended the occasion

When you want to marry, find your type in the woman so that she would understand you

Plan for the wedding according to the number of people you want in attendance and stick to it

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by ouvredeparis: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
frozen70:

You don't need to explain anything to anyone

If they have a gathering, attend it, stay briefly and go the most important thing is that you attended the occupation

When you want to marry, find your type in the woman so that she would understand you

Plan for the wedding according to the number of people you want in attendance and stick to it

This is a perfect idea.... Thanks a lot..I really appreciate
Re: Advice Needed Please by frozen70(f): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2021
ouvredeparis:

This is a perfect idea.... Thanks a lot..I really appreciate

You are welcome
Re: Advice Needed Please by Richy4(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2021
I understand U my dear...I'm glad U said no man is an island...I really used to act like you growing up.. I disliked parties, I don't attend or participate on anything around the community because I feel it was a waste of time..

I changed because of something that happened to an influential man in our community... He doesn't attend parties, People's funeral or wedding, he just feel indifferent. when his mother passed away, community members did not participate as they always does...

He paid for grave diggers.. something that the youths Will gladly do for free... People just acted like spectators on his mum's funeral... It was kind of confusing that people could act like that... He became a changed person after that.. I learnt too from it...If they can do that to him despite his money hmmmm!!!... again, If U were from my kind of tribe, just watch it... Many might just be counting it for u... When U really needed people, u might not find any.. except nowadays, they can rent crowd...

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by Karleb(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
E no make sense.

Attend. If you like you can stay at the back or leave early but attend.

Your excuse doesn't even fly at all. Human are social beings, even if you are different you still have to do what majority do so far its not bad.

It's why it's called society.
Re: Advice Needed Please by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
Karleb:
E no make sense.

Your excuse doesn't even fly at all. Human are social beings, even if you are different you still have to do what majority do so far its not bad.

I am afraid you are wrong! Hermits are also human aren't they? undecided

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by ouvredeparis: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Karleb:
E no make sense.

Not everyone has to be socially active don't you think
Re: Advice Needed Please by Karleb(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
ouvredeparis:

Not everyone has to be socially active don't you think

That's true. But you have to do it for your friends and family because you need them whether you realize it or not.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jealous Husband Burns Down Wife’s Kerosene Shop / Kim Kardashian’s Daughter, North West Gets Into Trouble For Going Live On Tiktok / LASG React To Alleged Viral Video Of Dismissed Customary Court Member -Mr Ishola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.