Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

MIRACULOUS ESCAPE ~ Episode 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MIRACULOUS ESCAPE ~ Episode 2 (441 Views)

MIRACULOUS ESCAPE~ Episode 3 / Miraculous Escape / Kiss Me One More Night - Episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MIRACULOUS ESCAPE ~ Episode 2 by bbmw: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
MIRACULOUS ESCAPE
Episode 2
By ezeigbo christian

Ever since I was a kid, my late father told me lots of good things about his brother's child Uche who happens to be my cousin whom I am staying with. I could remember vividly what my dad always say...

"Anytime I or your mom is not around, always call your uncle Uche because he is reliable".
It was actually the first time visiting uncle Uche and his beautiful wife Grace.

**** Uncle uche's POV***

After eating with my lovely wife Grace, I decided to go to the sitting room and rest a bit before going to bed. My phone was on silent to prevent distraction while eating. I decided to pick up my phone so I could remove it from silent; only for me to see six missed calls from the same number.
" Who could this be??" I thought. I looked at the time and it was after 10. Before having a second thought, the same number called again.

" Hello, please who are you?? I'm sorry for missing your call, I was at the dinning" I said smoothly.
"Uncle there is no need for an apology"
" Please who is this?" I asked the second time.
" It's me John your cousin"
" John??" I asked
" Yes sir, it's me John" He said.

My heart slipped. I made a promise to John's father to always be there for John but I failed.
" How are you?? It's been a long time" I said
" Uncle, I'm not fine, I am located around close 14 please come and pick me up fast" John said in a trembling tone then the phone went off. Hurriedly, I grabbed my key from the table and left the house.
John is the only cousin I have. I was too focused on making money that's why we weren't close.
"This is very strange; the way John was sounding on the phone was not clear" I said to myself . I could observe he was nervous and frightened while driving him home.
"Wait ooh, why the sudden call?"
"Why was his lips vibrating while on call?"
"What happened to him? Or is he hidding from something?"
These questions ran through my mind until I was distracted by my wife who was busy looking at John suspiciously.

**** Grace (uche's wife) POV*****

I've been talking from the kitchen at a high tone thinking my husband was hearing me. After talking for about ten minutes I didn't get a response, I decided to check the parlor.
" Honey, Honey" I shouted.
" Honey, where are you?" I continued. There was no response , I became scared. The last time I heard his voice was when he was on a call so, why the sudden disappearance??. I picked up my phone and call his number
"Hello, honey where are you?" I asked.
"I'm so sorry dear, I got a call from John" my husband said.
" John? Who is John again?" I asked my husband.
" John my cousin, the only child of my late uncle"
" Ooh that boy, why is he calling you by this time?"
"I don't know"
"You don't know? But you went out without letting me know"
"I'm so sorry, it was an emergency"
"Don't worry, we will meet at home" I ended the conversation angrily.

I sat patiently on the couch for about thirty minutes.
" Kpon, kpom, kpon" - there was a knock on the door
" Who is that?" I asked with a soft voice.
" I am the one dear" my husband said in a low tone. I slightly opened the door for my husband and his cousin John. John was a handsome guy but I was not happy he will be staying with us without my consent. I welcomed him and directed him to the dinning table to have something to eat. The way I was looking at him at the dinning made my husband suspicious so I had to act normal for the main time.

Follow for more.

(1) (Reply)

You Know Why? / Do You Need A Creative Writer For Your Next Gigs And Project? / After Breakup My Fiance Become Beautiful - Feather' Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.