Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty (9936 Views)

Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses / Clement Agba: State Governors Are Responsible For Rising Poverty in Nigeria / GDP Growth Rate Of West Africa, Nigeria Becomes Last On The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Ezenwa12345(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:
What did he do to change the poverty ratio when he was a Gov in his state.

Metal disease spotted

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by PIMPAR: 8:43am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

But his State have the lowest poverty rate while your State is littered with destitutes.

Kiss the ugly truth.

According to IPoB data

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by StrongInBed: 8:43am On Sep 13, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Because if na your government you no go celebrate a growth in GDP...

I thought he would have even said that it's a lie but he didn't. Which means he knows that there was actually a growth.

That's a step in the right direction.

I Love PMB

Illiterate will always admired another illiterate.

Simple as that.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by StrongInBed: 8:43am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

According to IPoB data

Tell me the name of your state local man.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by odomanis: 8:43am On Sep 13, 2021
Grace001:
GDP growth in the paper and poverty in the reality

Is that one growth? But anyways government knows they need to tell the masses what they want to hear.

He did so much and he didnt borrow. He didnt owe either. He sanitized governance in Anambra.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Angelfrost(m): 8:46am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

Please, don't change the subject... Stick to issues being raised. That's common sense.

How exactly is the celebrated economic growth by your leaders an actual thing when those being led have progressively gotten poorer?!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by PIMPAR: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2021
StrongInBed:

Tell me the name of your state local man.
I don't trade banters with IPoB terrorist.
Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by StrongInBed: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

According to IPoB data

Since you voted for the animals in Abuja has your life changed.bloody illiterate.

Soon the dirty fulanis will overrun your village if they've not yet.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by StrongInBed: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

I don't trade banters with IPoB terrorist.

Shut up Kogi boy,your State is a shame to the shiithole called nigeria...lunatics.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Angelfrost(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2021
Okoroawusa:
Because if na your government you no go celebrate a growth in GDP...

I thought he would have even said that it's a lie but he didn't. Which means he knows that there was actually a growth.

That's a step in the right direction.

I Love PMB

Stick to the issues being raised...

How can a nation claim to be growing economically when those in direct impact of the said economy are regressing deeply?!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by matm: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2021
That's an economist speaking.
The greatest threat to Nigeria's unity is borrowing.
Nigeria might soon be re-colonised due to inability to pay back the borrowed money.
And when dt happens,every region will pull out of Nigeria,and Nigeria will exist no more.
Presently,More money is beign borrowed in trillions and there is no hope for d re-payment of d borrowed ones.
Borrowing is a threat for secession dt will eventually split d nation after it has brought down d Nigerian economy to zero
Whoever believes in one Nigeria shld rise against borrowing with no means or hope of paying back.
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by ozome15(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:
For saying this show u really do not know about his works, achivment, when he was govern. If ask me nigeria should go with peter obi and forme cbn govern sansu come 2023

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by PIMPAR: 8:49am On Sep 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

Please, don't change the subject... Stick to issues being raised. That's common sense.

How exactly is the celebrated economic growth by your leaders an actual thing when those being led have progressively gotten poorer?!!
The sincere question is, what did Obi do as a Gov to change the poverty ratio in his state when he was a Gov for 8 yrs? Does Obi just know how to do it better when he left office after 8yrs?

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Angelfrost(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2021
bigdammyj:
Political talk

Political?!!... Well, the reality on ground validates his points.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by PIMPAR: 8:51am On Sep 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

Political?!!... Well, the reality on ground validates his points.
Why did Obi fail to validate his point with action as a Gov years ago?

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Angelfrost(m): 8:52am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

The sincere question is, what did Obi do as a Gov to change the poverty ratio in his state when he was a Gov for 8 yrs? Does Obi just know how to do it better when he left office after 8yrs?

Anambra has been on an upward economic development from the moment he took over... Infrastructure never remained the same. Poverty dropped drastically while he was there.

But that's not even the point... Answer the simple question posed. The economic situation in this nation has nothing to do with Peter Obi.

If you lack the intelligence to discuss economics and realities, then get off the thread! Thank you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by PIMPAR: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

Anambra has been on an upward economic development from the moment he took over... Infrastructure never remained the same. Poverty dropped drastically while he was there.

But that's not even the point... Answer the simple question posed. The economic situation in this nation has nothing to do with Peter Obi.

If you lack the intelligence to discuss economics and realities, then get off the thread! Thank you.
The same Anambra or another Anambra in the east London?

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Angelfrost(m): 8:54am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

Why did Obi fail to validate his point with action as a Gov years ago?

I have already responded to you... Sharing this meaningless photo ought to be beneath you.

If you wish to invalidate his points, do so with counter evidence to what he is saying... It's quite simple sir.

I still await your answer to my question! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by RiceProducers: 8:56am On Sep 13, 2021
Yes but PDP administrations announced growth rates of 6% whilst breeding 100m poor people in ten years.

All we saw of the "growth" was 300% increase in number of petrol stations and about 15m Nigerians going to Dubai every year to buy clothes and building materials to sell locally.

Dxxce country.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Charly68: 8:56am On Sep 13, 2021
Very meaningless since naira has lost his value and salary of workers is fixed... The present economic managers are clueless
Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Angelfrost(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

The same Anambra or another Anambra in the east London?

Yes sir... Show evidence to the contrary sir.

I have visited that state prior to his tenure, during his tenure, and after his tenure... There are few states in the South that can truly compare economically with Anambra. Dispute this with facts.

Your response to my question with regards to this nation's economic reality versus the acclaimed GDP growth. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Elvis778(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

Because you practically don't make use of your sense

Obi will definitely continue to make use of your sense for you
Baba stfu, Obi didn't say anything new, this is something even the blind have noticed...he is simply saying what we have been seeing.......Are you telling me u are happy that a tubber of yam that used to be 400-500 is now 1200? Petrol is 200? Almost every goods is double what it used to be and most people are f**king collecting same salary that they have been taking two years ago when these stuffs were wey cheaper, people are hungry bro, people are hungry and dying in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by jerrybabasam: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2021
The GDP growth released by FG is emanating from foreign investors which have no direct impact on average Nigerians who are going through hell to feed their families. APC government is devilish in disguise, how can you charge ordinary students account stamp duty. It's a shame!
Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Brushstrokes20: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2021
Spot on!...

What Buhari cannot destroy does not exist!

The redundant coupist is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER undecided
Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Paulo3ree(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

You are right. He ruled Anambra, that was while Doctors went on strike for almost 13 months during Obi tenure .
Most of you have very short memories

Obi can only deceive gullible followers/ IPoB like una

Stop iPoBiNg yourself and tell the truth
You see Ngige, Fashola, Obi, Yaradua, Chimaroke, Duke, somehow "ganduje"
They offered revolutionary governance
And are +Ely influential persons

Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by tchaik(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2021
PIMPAR:

Ask Anambra person.
Re: Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty by Henix(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Ina akona ka ima ife ina ako... akpokwanu ndi economists idakaputa?

Ike gwụrụ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Don’t Be Unruly’ — LP Chairman Cautions Peter Obi’s Supporters Against Violence / Lagos Parks, Garages Committee Alleges Threat To Life Of Members / Edo2024: APC Governorship Primary Holds Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.