Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses (14420 Views)

PETER OBI: FG Giving National Awards To Looters / Peter Obi: FG's GDP Growth Meaningless With Rising Poverty / Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by DesChyko: 12:33am On Dec 05, 2023
Peter Obi: "Even as I am still studying the 2024 fiscal budget as presented to the National Assembly last week, I cannot wait as I am compelled to ask : what is exactly wrong with us as a country?"

"I ask this question because it is hard for me to understand some of the recent happenings in our nation, in these critical times. The recent news about a budget provision of N15 billion for the construction of a new residence for the Vice President is both shocking and disheartening, considering the many important challenges facing our nation.

"Just recently in the Supplementary Budget, the sum of N2.5 billion was included for the renovation of the Vice President's residence in Abuja, which means that he already has a residence. Again, during the budget presentation, I heard the sum of N3 billion was allocated for the renovation of the Vice President's residence in Lagos. If we total all these sums, we would have budgeted the sum of N20.5 billion for the housing of the Vice President.. "

"..at this critical time when we are not just the world’s poverty capital, but more people are falling into poverty, with so many Nigerians not knowing where their next meal will come from. Our health facilities have collapsed, and unemployment is skyrocketing. I am convinced that 99.9% of Nigerians can only dream of living in the current residence of the Vice President. Several people employed in the universities are not being paid."

"Just to give an example, the salary of a professor in a Nigerian university is about N400,000, which without removing tax is about N5 million a year. What we have budgeted for the housing of the Vice President who is already luxuriously housed is, therefore, the annual salary of about 3000 professors! This is the finance needed to develop the much-needed human capital."

"The budget of N5 billion for student loans, which is yet to be disbursed is only a tiny percentage of the cost of the Vice President’s new home. We are projecting to use four times the amount for educating ALL Nigerian indigent students to house the Vice President, and we are being told there is nothing wrong with us. I am sure the major teaching hospitals in Nsukka, Lagos, Ibadan, and Zaria did not receive this much capital vote in the budget this year. We have had leaders that were exemplary in the past."

"Most Nigerians may not know that the popular 1004 flats in Lagos, was a land allocated for the building of a Presidential Mansion for the then Head of State, General Murtala Mohammed. He sternly turned down the offer and instructed that the land should be used to build blocks of flats for civil servants. That is the kind of sacrificial leadership worth emulating. Our leaders must therefore stop the recklessness and insensitivity to the plight of the masses."

"We need leaders who show compassion and are willing to sacrifice for common progress and development. Such compassionate and frugal leaders are critical in our journey to the New Nigeria." -PO

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Thundafireseun: 12:43am On Dec 05, 2023
angry
Weak man shut up jare

We voted for you and yet you couldn’t defend our votes

17 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Bobloco: 12:43am On Dec 05, 2023
This is what you get when a Notorious narcotics drug trafficker, a certified certificate forger who became a guinea pig student of government college lagos used to test run the school four years before it was founded become president.

Sane Nigerians know that Tinubu who himself said "na statistics we go chop" and also recently turned COP28 Dubai summit into ‘owambe’ jamboree with 1,411 delegates got absolutely nothing to offer

237 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by princeemma69: 12:45am On Dec 05, 2023
Obi should just pile low, those common people he is defending will curse him here and defend the lavish lifestyle of their oppressors.

127 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Agness7: 12:54am On Dec 05, 2023
He made solid point but its just talks as usual, i would have taken him serious if he had done anything different while he was a governor.

45 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by TemplarLandry: 12:57am On Dec 05, 2023
HoeBee the peeping Tom.
Very mediocre!

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by bigpicture001: 1:00am On Dec 05, 2023
Agness7:
He made solid point but its just talks as usual, i would have taken him seriesearous if he had done anything different whiaftle he was a governor.

u dnt know Anambra before nd after obi left...

leme not say much, judt do research

173 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Agness7: 1:04am On Dec 05, 2023
bigpicture001:

u dnt know Anambra before nd after obi left...

leme not say much, judt do research
i dont need to know anambra before and after he left to know that he met awka undeveloped and left it undeveloped, medical doctors went on strike for 13 months, he refused to conduct local govt elections for eihht years, he played religious and tribal politics as a governor e.t.c.
Do i need to be in anambra to know all these about him?

59 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by bigpicture001: 1:14am On Dec 05, 2023
Agness7:
i dont need to know anambra before and after he left to know that he met awka undeveloped and left it undeveloped, medical doctors went on strike for 13 months, he refused to conduct local govt elections for eihht years, he played religious and tribal politics as a governor e.t.c.
Do i need to be in anambra to know all these about him?

like i said, u need to know Anambra before nd after to know what to think

170 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Jcoleworld911: 1:20am On Dec 05, 2023
Peter Obi is bundle of knowledge and wisdom put together and a touch of human sympathy, that’s makes him an excellent leader

Or can you explain why a man governed a state for complete eight years and didn’t have any atom of embezzlement, he even saved 75billion for Anambra people, has not received any salaries since he left office neither did he allocated any property to his name and in all this, he still donate to schools, hospitals etc

There has not been any politician in Nigeria as Peter Obi, dude is a special breed

Peter Obi, you will later rule this country and you will lay a solid foundation that will kickstart the new Nigeria like you did in Anambra

You’re loved sir, God bless you

186 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by nairavsdollars(f): 1:22am On Dec 05, 2023
This government is displaying a I don't care attitude

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Vischy: 1:37am On Dec 05, 2023
Thundafireseun:
angry
Weak man shut up jare

Shut up Agbado miscreant, don't be ashamed to admit you voted for a failure in tinubu..

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Vischy: 1:41am On Dec 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
HoeBee the peeping Tom.
Very mediocre!

30k Agbado miscreant spotted

112 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by LordIsaac(m): 2:15am On Dec 05, 2023
I completely agree with him on this…although, even market women can give this basic analysis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by yarimo(m): 2:21am On Dec 05, 2023
Illiterate senseless man always speaking out of point, just to fool his fellow illiterate Obidients

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by raskymonojendor: 4:19am On Dec 05, 2023
Agness7:
He made solid point but its just talks as usual, i would have taken him serious if he had done anything different while he was a governor.

Exactly.

Good point Mr Peter Obi, but based on your past behavior, you would do exactly the same thing if you were VP to Atiku in 2019 or was the sworn in president in 2023. Poverty increased in Anambra according to Prof Soludo, but you were kolobing billions for yourself through the governors office budget.

Anyway, continue being a good opposition, since PDP have decided to become useless.

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Thundafireseun: 4:27am On Dec 05, 2023
Vischy:

Shut up Agbado miscreant, don't be ashamed to admit you voted for a failure in tinubu..

You are a goat if you don’t know that you can’t win any election in Nigeria when you’re not ready to bribe.

Peter Obi’s old trick in his sleeves is to run to Judiciary after the elections… he forgot that the executive still controls the judiciary in Nigeria/ Africa.

Peter obi succeeded in wasting your time and my time

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Bolacocaine: 4:49am On Dec 05, 2023
Thundafireseun:
angry
Weak man shut up jare

Is that why your pa join owomida union?

7 Likes

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by femicyrus(m): 4:50am On Dec 05, 2023
The 1st 4 years is for political settlements, compensations, sharing and planing for an outright victory in the next election
The last 4 years is for post retirement accumulation of wealth to remain relevant out of office.

Show me any of our leaders who did not ply this route from Obasanjo and atiku till date.
Even the last one invested in a different country with hope to retire there

4 Likes

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by ILoveNG: 5:36am On Dec 05, 2023
A messiah without credentials

Has nothing to serve as evidence of excellent governing prowess, just talks and more talks, like a commonly packaged politician.

😂🤡

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by ValarDoharis: 5:37am On Dec 05, 2023
Nigeria miss a rare gem in Peter Obi, on whose rock the new Nigeria would be built eventually!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by specialmati(m): 5:37am On Dec 05, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin sir Peter obi should just rest and allow this criminals loot their loot in peace after all it's their turn.na those touts and agberos that praise them on empty stomach is the concern.

13 Likes

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Ibegtodiffer: 5:37am On Dec 05, 2023
Before insulting him, multiply 406k by 3000. Oh, the 406k is for Professors at bar. Others start from 332k.

4 Likes

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by flexyrule(m): 5:38am On Dec 05, 2023
Let's forget about who tweeted this.

Is budgeting 15 billion for just one person's residence okay?

With 15 billion, the government can build 500 low-cost residential quarters for all those people living in waterlogged houses I usually see in Ositapopcorn's IG contents.

That's 500 families benefiting from the government, rather than just one fellow!

But seriously, why are our leaders taking us Nigerians for a ride?

Is it because we're yet to start taking laws into our hands whilst demanding effective leadership?

Haba!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by money121(m): 5:38am On Dec 05, 2023
Ok
Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by ValarDoharis: 5:39am On Dec 05, 2023
You're not a serious fellow! You were able to come out to protest Mohbad's death but couldn't do so for your future
Thundafireseun:
angry
Weak man shut up jare

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by uuzba(m): 5:40am On Dec 05, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Nigeria miss a rare gem in Peter Obi, on whose rock the new Nigeria would be built eventually!
Well since people are totally tribalistic in Nigeria, they were afraid to vote in Obi because they thought he too will be tribalistic against them.
Me I can't talk. My tribe has never been in government. That is how I know that Nigerians are totally tribalistic.

6 Likes

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by Peacemaker5128: 5:40am On Dec 05, 2023
This nonentity is still talking

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: FG Plans To Use 3000 Professors Annual Pay For Vice President's Houses by mytime24(f): 5:41am On Dec 05, 2023
Lavish govt

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos To Begin Construction Of Marina And Mile 2 Interchanges In 2024 / Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State / Go After Sponsors Of Killers, Stop Accusing Us - Northeast Youths Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.