Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate (30415 Views)

January Deadline: Group Challenges Wike To Announce Presidential Candidate / PDP Challenges Wike To Prove Allegation Of Corruption Against Members / Soalabo West Challenges Wike For PDP Governorship Ticket In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2021
Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State has stylishly challenged his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike to a debate following a remark made by Wike that a Psychiatric check up should be conducted to a Governor who said God will give Nigeria another President like Muhammadu Buhari in 2023.

IGBERE TV recalls that Umahi during a visit to President Buhari in Abuja had told State House correspondents that God should give Nigeria another President like Buhari because he has a good heart.

Speaking at a dinner organised by Ebonyi State Government in honour of Turkur Brutai, Nigeria's Ambassador to Benin Republic, Umahi said he is open to debate with any PDP Governor who feels he has delivered more democracy dividends to his citizens than the APC led administration in Ebonyi State.

According to him, "People are taking special interest in Ebonyi State and her Governor, positively and negatively but it is very important to be in the news than for you to say there are thirty-six states, you will name 35 and say what is the other State, we have aborted it, we are now a State to reckon with and we have no apologies.

“When I say I have no apologies, you can talk everything about me but you can not say we have not delivered and so when people open their mouths in PDP to talk about APC, they should know that I belong to APC and if they like, let PDP offer any of their best Governors to come for debate with me and I will defeat any of them, not to be talking and talking. You don't sit on people's sweat and resources and be talking nonsense.

"We have no regrets taking our people to the center. We have always played at the center, we are not playing party politics, we are playing politics that will be an advantage to our people, criticize me, no problems but we need resources, we need friendship with the center.”

Responding, the visiting Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, Ambassador Tukur Buratai commended Governor David Umahi on his infrastructural transformation of Ebonyi State.

While describing the Governor as a General in strategy and tactics, Ambassador Buratai said Governor Umahi has become a household name in Nigeria because of his ardent support to the welfare of the Army Officers.

He thanked the Governor for the warm reception offered him and lauded him for the replica of the Dubai Mall, being the Shopping Mall constructed by the Umahi administration among other landmark projects.

“Let me also say the Governor Umahi is not just a general in development but he is equally a general in Strategy and Tactics.

“Your relationship with Mr. president has worked and has brought about the needed development in Ebonyi State.

"Your Excellency you are a visionary leader and your legacies will endure till the end of time.”
https://igberetvnews.com/1400115/conor-mcgregor-machine-gun-kelly-fight-mtv-music-video-awards-photos-video/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by ValCon888: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2021
The asslicking by Governor Umahi was totally unnecessary. Even Buhari himself knows that he is a total failure. The problem with Nigeria is not the people in the East, West, North, or South.

The problem with Nigeria is the lying politicians who can call white black just to stay in power and continue stealing.

290 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by kestolove95(m): 10:18am On Sep 13, 2021
That tout of a governor knows nothing rather than talk talk, a drunkard governor

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Jimalicoco(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2021
OK na
Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by AntiBMC(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2021
Is Umahi an animal, place or thing? Cos he's clearly not a sensible human being. If you want to lick a$$, do it without dragging others down with you. I mean, I don't hear Uzodimma making noise and calling out other southern governors, while he does it...and in the licking bizness, he is the best. Just saying.

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by ceejay10(m): 10:28am On Sep 13, 2021
Dave Umahi Zukwanuike.. This madness will still not get you the presidential ticket.

179 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by bolanto24(m): 10:29am On Sep 13, 2021
It's a waste of time to debate with a psychiatric patient.

Gov. Wike has more important matters to attend to.

219 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Macphenson: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2021
Why is Umahi Hosting Buratai after committing genocide in Igbo land?

These useless governors we have in the south east, always asslicking their slave masters. The more reason they have lost the loyalty, good will and respect of Igbos. It is this vacum created by the foolish governors through their selfish and foolish acts that IPOB simply filled.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2021
What will umahi be challenging Wike with Abeg?

Even his hotel is in Rivers state..

Mtcheew.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by tritt(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Expect a response from Wike in less than 72hrs.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by reiddecuti: 11:16am On Sep 13, 2021
E
Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by decasey(m): 11:27am On Sep 13, 2021
Chai, any ibo governor that just join or defect to APC always Lost their sense.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Masterkernel1: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2021
kestolove95:
That tout of a governor knows nothing rather than talk talk, a drunkard governor

You talk like Buhari,that's a compliment, right?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by SLAP44: 11:34am On Sep 13, 2021

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by newinventions: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2021
Hey, I have been using a site called SocialRebel and earned $50 today! You get paid for testing apps, voicing opinion and posting on social media. Its just that easy. Sign up with my link for a $50 bonus instantly! https://share.socialrebel.co/Tomidy
Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Maxymilliano(m): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2021
He truly need a psychiatric evaluation as suggested by Wike

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by proeast(m): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
I support Wike on this, Umahi needs psychiatrist evaluation for being such a ridiculous sycophant and for talking without reasoning well.

If he thinks Igbos will defend him then he will be shocked when we will first throw eggs and tomatoes at him for being a source of unnecessary embarrassment to us.

Meanwhile, why is that former cheif of army staff and potential crimes against humanity criminal doing all over the East? Few days ago he was in Anambra now he is in Ebonyi, it seems he is trying to famz his way to our politicians. However, he should know that when it comes to the East, it is the masses that weild the power.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
Is this not the loud mouth that said Nigeria will get someone like PMB again? Gosh, what kind of leaders do we have? How can we be so unfortunate to have fools as leaders? Collection of VAT by state governors is the best thing to do and will make people sit up. Any state governor that doesn’t want it should be ashamed of himself.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by RZArecta(m): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
Umahi shouldn't shoot himself in the foot. There's absolutely nobody who can defend the APC policies in a debate without sounding stupid or mad. Quote me any day then run your own independent survey, you'll find out that a crazed chicken will have more credibility than Umahi or any other APC apologist who decides debate in favour of the confused party. I just dey laugh grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Kaybee14(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by mabea: 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
You may not like Umahi and Buhari but one thing is sure, Ebonyi State has benefitted greatly from Umahi's friendship with Buhari.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Mangekyo: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
This man is mentally unstable.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Mrexcell(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
Umahi just destroyed his legacy by joining the notorious apc he is nothing but a phycophant even buhari knows this very well.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Obdk: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
mabea:
You may not like Umahi and Buhari but one thing is sure, Ebonyi State has benefitted greatly from Umahi's friendship with Buhari.

How did Ebonyi benefit...

Did buhari give ebonyi money or what exactly.

Did he appoint any one from Ebonyi to special office?

What license did he grant what did umahi build in ebonyi to warrant licence. Why did Obiano of Anambra out perform Ebonyi without joining APC..

Besides whatever Umahi achieved he did so under PDP.. He Joined APC 2021

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by BOOOMNAIJA: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
Make we settle am from here....

Like for wike, share for umahi

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by fourboys: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
Wahala
Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
E pain am

1 Like

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by FactBoyz: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
angry
Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by Zegemi(f): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
It depends on the topic for the discussion. But Dave is really going overboard in defence of his masters on top.

This is Wike's comment about the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLla4QnnKc

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by HeadNigga: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
Umahi, you have nothing on Wike. Wike's stance right now appeals to every just and honest Nigerian. Wike was nicknamed "Mr Projects" by the V.P, your party man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate by stobery(m): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
But he was still in PDP when he initiated and finished all the projects, did buhari give him money other than the FAAC money?

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hisbah Seize Truck Of 3,600 Crates Of Beer In Kano / S&P Downgrades Ghana Cedi To "Junk" Status / Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.