Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

The Burning Shop (true Life Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Burning Shop (true Life Story) (1193 Views)

The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by OderaOdego(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hello every one,am here with a story specially written for you titled "The Burning Shop (A True Life Story)",and I pray that as you read you don't only enjoy the story but also pick and put into practice the lessons from it Amen.

Dedicated:To God Almighty

Acknowledgement:To those who counts their life as equal to others,and always put themselves in the front line just to save others God Continie To Bless You All.

*Note:Your Corrections And Criticism Are Much Welcomed Because,We All Learn Everyday�..

Re: The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by SuperNova33: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nice ...

1 Like

Re: The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by OderaOdego(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Chapter 1

The Burning Shop (The_Day_I_Lost_The_Fear_Of_Losing_My_Life)

it was on a very cool body chilling Friday Night,Around 10:00pm,that I thought I had bid my guys staying with me my last Goodbye&See_You_Tomorrow_Morning.
That evening I came back from work,rested a little and then started preparing for a night program holding in my church,and it never occurred to me that,this might be the last time I will enter our bathroom and take my bath my self(hahahah�).
After I was done preparing and bid my guys goodbye/Night,and off I went,but on me getting to the junction that led to my church,I saw a large crowd standing afar off from a Burning Shop,and another set also standing afar off the other end of the same BurningShop.so many of them were snapping and making videos of the Burning Shop with their phones,and I said to my self,wow,what's happening here.And walked up to the first crowd and inquired from one of them the happening,he pointed at the burning Shop,and I said to hi is snapping pictures and making videos the best option and thing to do now,like why is nobody trying to go over there and do something,or if possible stop the fire,on mentioning Stop The Fire,they all shouted, "STOP WHAT",and one of them said to me,oga if your eye are in good use to you,you will see an Iron Door inside the Gutter opposite that shop,and also pieces of shattered bottles crates,well that is as a result of a Gas Cylinder Explosion,And if you must know there are still many Gas Cylinders in there and we don't know if they are filled with Gas also.and as he was still speaking!!!We heard an....
Re: The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by OderaOdego(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Continued

And as he was still speaking we heard an ear deafning explosion and everybody scampered for safety,and that was when I took out time to look around the shop very well.....The "Burning Shop" was under a story building occupied by Tenants,and by the Right Hand side of the "BurningShop" was a Private Hospital(An Upstairs) and in conjunction with the "BurningShop" is a BetKing�Shop,and then I reasoned with my self saying,if this shop(Burning Shop)is gonna go down its gonna take a whole lot of things with it,But if some one is gonna go down there and stop that shop(Burning Shop)from going down,a whole lot will still be up standing.Then I asked,have you guys called the "FIRE SERVICE" yet?,and someone replied oga,its been long we called them,but they are yet to be here,Then someone shouted,e be like they are still pumping water inside the motor wey they go carry come,(hahahaha,they laughed,and I was like imagine this people ooo)There and then I LOST IT,"THE FEAR OF LOSING MY LIFE",I brought out my Bible from my pocket and looked at it and remember The day my Mom gave me the Bible
******Flash_Back*******
(In the parlour at the village,zipping up my traveling bag) Mummy am done ooo,and she replied from inside,Nna(My Boy)give me a seconds am coming,and I said okay,and started combing my hair,and then I heard the crack of her door and turned only to see her coming out with a Good News Bible in her hand,and I was like hmmm,this one mummy is coming out with a Bible hope all is well,and then she said to me,Son I have no other Thing or Gift to give to you apart from this bible,that place you are going I or your father might not be there,but this WORD OF GOD will direct your parts,Amen I said...
Re: The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by OderaOdego(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hello guys i will be uploading the rest of the stories today,but with the few lines you av read already,I need your corrections,critics,and complements,so as to know if what am writing is really gestiningn in smiley[color=#990000][/color]...
Re: The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by OderaOdego(m): 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2021
CONTINUATION (The Burning Shop)

Son I have no other Thing or Gift to give to you apart from this bible,that place you are going I might not be there neither might your father be,but this WORD OF GOD will direct your parts,Amen I said...
******PRESENT******
I brought out the bible held it on my Chest,said a little prayer in my heart and backed it up with a sign of the Cross,and then put it back in my pocket and said,even if I perish let me perish with the WORD(BIBLE)',and Voom,with a speed like lightning i moved to a fruit seller's shop close by,and took the bucket I saw there with Water inside,went to an Aboki man in a Kiosk(God bless that Hausa Man for me)and asked for a Kline(Detergent) which he gave me without first asking for any money,and the people there started shouting this boy what do you want to do, me I was busy mixing the water with the Kline(Detergent)and when I carried it and started walking towards the "BurningShop"
they started shouting,""Hey this boy you want to die baa,You want to kill yourself eeh",me I just paid deaf ears to their shouts and was moving with Fear Mixed With Bravery&Determination to quench the fire.
On getting to the door step of the Burning Shop Lo&Behold there packed at one side of the shop"different types of Gas Cylinders as if waiting for an order to embark on a Suicide Mission,with flames of fire around them,and then I knew that was the End of it for the Shop+Me.....
Re: The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by OderaOdego(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
OderaOdego:
CONTINUATION (The Burning Shop)

Son I have no other Thing or Gift to give to you apart from this bible,that place you are going I might not be there neither might your father be,but this WORD OF GOD will direct your parts,Amen I said...
******PRESENT******
I brought out the bible held it on my Chest,said a little prayer in my heart and backed it up with a sign of the Cross,and then put it back in my pocket and said,even if I perish let me perish with the WORD(BIBLE)',and Voom,with a speed like lightning i moved to a fruit seller's shop close by,and took the bucket I saw there with Water inside,went to an Aboki man in a Kiosk(God bless that Hausa Man for me)and asked for a Kline(Detergent) which he gave me without first asking for any money,and the people there started shouting this boy what do you want to do, me I was busy mixing the water with the Kline(Detergent)and when I carried it and started walking towards the "BurningShop"
they started shouting,""Hey this boy you want to die baa,You want to kill yourself eeh",me I just paid deaf ears to their shouts and was moving with Fear Mixed With Bravery&Determination to quench the fire.
On getting to the door step of the Burning Shop Lo&Behold there packed at one side of the shop"different types of Gas Cylinders as if waiting for an order to embark on a Suicide Mission,with flames of fire around them,and then I knew that was the End of it for the Shop+Me.....
.....OKAY HERE WE GO AGAIN
Re: The Burning Shop (true Life Story) by OderaOdego(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
OderaOdego:

.....OKAY HERE WE GO AGAIN
Pls am finding it hard to post the rest of the stories oooo,I can't see the button for updating the next chapter.....PLS HELP OOOO angry

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I? / Why Is It Hard As An Author To Get Publishing? / Nigerian Book Publishers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.