Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North (19657 Views)

President Buhari Got "False Intelligence" From CBN - Ajuri Ngelale / Executive Rascality: SERAP Takes Wike, FG To ECOWAS Court Over Rights Violations / Wike: FG Politicising COVID-19 Response. Lagos Got N10 Billion, Rivers Got None (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by orisa37: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2021
Buyers and Consumers are Taxpayers of VATS in the States and to the States in which they are resident.

The FG is never RELEVANT in VATS AND PAYES COLLECTION AND DISTRIBUTION PROCESSES.

FIRS AND FG ARE USING BOKONOMICS TO ROB THE SOUTHERN STATES TO PAY THE NORTH. BUHARINOMICS IS DISCRIMINATORILY CLUMSY FOR SOLUDO AND SALAMI TO COOPERATE WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by arthurwillia(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2021
Where are they taking it to
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Blitzerz: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2021
The law has spoken.

Go and perish with your boss.

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by pepetua(m): 9:08am On Sep 14, 2021
Do Niger delta have money or do they mean Fulani money?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by SmartPolician: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2021
decasey:
I use to respect this guy , but now he has lost his senses after joining APC.

Please don't attack the guy; respond to the point he raised. That's how you add value to a debate.

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Ibkhaleel001: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2021
The South has had enough of spoon-feeding the North and the polarization that undercuts national politics in the past few years was powered by this disdain. If northern policymakers were paying attention to the countenance of their southern colleagues, and the indignity of being serially singled out as the stumbling block of Nigeria’s progress even by southern states that aren’t doing well, a roadmap for escaping this parasitism stereotype would’ve been long designed.

Despite the bad press and blame game, many northern states fare better than the very southern states quick to ridicule them and have demonstrated more capability in generating internal revenue. In its latest Annual State Viability Index (ASVI), the Economic Confidential developed the viability index of states based on each state’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) as a percentage of its Federal Accounts Allocation (FAA) for the year and the results were interesting.

What’s shocking is that even terrorist-ravaged states like Zamfara generated more internal revenues than most southern states. Zamfara State ranks 12th, ahead of Ebonyi 16, Abia 20, Imo 21 and, unbelievably, oil-rich Bayelsa 36!

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Zagee: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2021
He has just made one point, but me I'll say let every state governor stop being lazy. Let us promote competition. I know FG contributes 60%(Import duties, FG contracts and FCT) of the VAT shared, the remaining 40 is mostly generated by 3-4 states. Let every state run to the FG and seek loans based on their IGR, you want more, you got to improve on IGR. Make Nigeria competitive. Everybody wins. Enough of this "feeding-bottle" arrangement. Who knows, I might setup a business branch in kano or even katsina with my business when I see they have good business environment and nice tax cut!! Make una think and avoid imbeciles as Governors!!

3 Likes

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2021
Partisan politics is like religion, it makes people loose rational and reasonable thinking. In a federal system, the state owns taxes accrued in it. FG can have exclusive rights over maritime and critical areas, cos of national security etc, and as per the rights ascribed to it in the constitution. The constitution is a fair instrument, it works with common sense and reason.

2 Likes

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Ibkhaleel001: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2021
If the Niger Delta states & their governments, their drunk mentally lazy bandit governors, their insatiable & unrepentant greedy elders, politicians & militant leaders cornering everything meant for the people had utilized the 6 trillion naira NDDC funds, additional tens of trillions of naira from statutory allocations, 13% derivation allocations, ecological funds, Ministry of Niger Delta funds, royalties & rents etc in the past 20 years to build the economy & infrastructure of Niger Delta, they won't be today shamelessly moving in & out of courts in Nigeria over VAT from beer & Lagos will be nowhere near Delta, Rivers or Akwa Ibom in IGR.
Now, they are instigating a VAT war with FG to cover the monumental failure in delivering governance to their people & the mindless terrorism on the people of Niger Delta recently uncovered in NDDC.

The North is capable of functioning independently. The example of Kaduna overtaking Kano in that ranking of viable states is a theory easy to analyze.
Before oil rents distracted northern political elites, the Native Authority system had far-reaching tax-collecting structures and a flourishing agrarian economy servicing the needs of the region. What the North achieved in that system is unfortunately still the high-point of the region today. Without oil rents, they built Ahmadu Bello University, which is still the largest in sub-Saharan Africa and Ahmadu Bello Stadium, one of the best sports facilities then. They also set up New Nigerian Development Company, the largest black-owned conglomerate in Sub-Saharan Africa then.
The North of that agrarian era was an industrial hub, as the policymakers built new cities, textile factories, hospitals and distinguished institutions, one of which was the prestigious Kaduna Polytechnic, which was also the largest of its kind in Africa south of the Sahara then. Their overly spoon-fed successors, unfortunately, lack this ambition and the reason is this jamboree bankrolled by the South which, evidently, is not sustainable.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by sokera: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2021
Standing5:
Parasitic unity beggars. The govt is using ND money to run this country wholly.
not really , the FG is using South West money to run the country

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by pickatyoubackup: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2021
No be only will lead to double taxation. If the FG want to kill the economy let the state help them at least no money's to loot again.

Let every state collect their vat. The north is lazy and useless and only reap where they did not sow

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Splitmind: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Even though the North will put it to better use than lazy southerners who want to use it to buy alcohol
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by mrkings84(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2021
AS A RIVERS MWN, WIKE, YESOM, EZEBUNWO WE KNOW!!

WHO IS AJURI NGELALE??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by samsard(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2021
Sirjamo:
States should collect their vats but, they should tell me which state will collect VAT from me when I import my products through the Lagos ports but I am going to sell my products in Kano, my state of residence.
Import duty belongs to the federal government.
But each time you sell your product Kano state government collects a percentage as VAT.

2 Likes

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2021
We don't expect you to say otherwise since you are working for them. Meanwhile watch the Champions league at home today by upgrading your dstv cheaply.Check my last topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by namo77: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2021
Knocks ke?

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by mrkings84(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2021
AS A RIVERS MWN, WIKE, YESOM, EZEBUNWO WE KNOW!!

WHO IS AJURI NGELALE??

WIKE THE SLAYER OF THE DULLARD!!
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by wink2015(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2021
Snitch24:
Naira is on its way to 740/$

When I joined some contributors on Nairaland to urge the EFCC to slow down on their prosecution of YAHOO BOYS in Nigeria.

Many guys misunderstood that views.

Yahoo boys today are the ones codedly that is saving the Nigeria economy from total collapse as they are bringing foreign exchange from overseas.

Although fraud stand condemn from whichever angle one look at it but the reality is that Nigeria is bitterly in a pathetic state.

IF IT IS THE YAHOO BOYS THAT WILL SAVE NIGERIA FROM BANKRUPTCY.

LET ACCEPT THEM AND STOP WITCHING HUNTING THIS FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

HAUSA + FULANI POLITICAL LEADERS LACK GOOD AND SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT DRIVES THE ECONOMY.

THEY ARE PREPARE TO SINK NIGERIA INTO YEARS OF INDEBTEDNESS.

They will console Nigeria that it is the WISH OF ALLAH !

2 Likes

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Champneys: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2021
Ajuri Oyinbo onisokuso!

2 Likes

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by udemzyudex(m): 9:27am On Sep 14, 2021
Smh

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Midas01: 9:31am On Sep 14, 2021
The point he made about Abuja being the second highest VAT contributor is wrong and dead on arrival and the recent stats released by the appropriate body has proven Rivers state to be the second largest VAT contributor with about N117bn annually where Abuja is the third with N92bn annually.

He is talking about the ports....the money for the construction of the Ports in Rivers State came from where ? Definitely Rivers State so this man needs to sit his ass somewhere.

Thankfully, Wike is a lawyer who knows the law and can not be cowered into bowing to the cabal easily.

Notice how the FG are not even interested in abiding by the constitution which gives states full VAT autonomy...lol.

SmartPolician:

Please don't attack the guy; respond to the point he raised. That's how you add value to a debate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Midas01: 9:33am On Sep 14, 2021
Oh pls shut up...

It's the FG policy on Naira that is causing the depreciation. Olodo
wink2015:

When I joined some contributors on Nairaland to urge the EFCC to slow down on their prosecution of YAHOO BOYS in Nigeria.

Many guys misunderstood that views.

Yahoo boys today are the ones codedly that is saving the Nigeria economy from total collapse as they are bringing foreign exchange from overseas.

Although fraud stand condemn from whichever angle one look at it but the reality is that Nigeria is bitterly in a pathetic state.

IF IT IS THE YAHOO BOYS THAT WILL SAVE NIGERIA FROM BANKRUPTCY.

LET ACCEPT THEM AND STOP WITCHING HUNTING THIS FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

HAUSA + FULANI POLITICAL LEADERS LACK GOOD AND SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT DRIVES THE ECONOMY.

THEY ARE PREPARE TO SINK NIGERIA INTO YEARS OF INDEBTEDNESS.

They will console Nigeria that it is the WISH OF ALLAH !

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by chrisxxx(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2021
This Ajuri that was talking like someone who wants to die has eaten enough to gain strength to cast aspersions on the person of Wike. We are far from the end. This water reel before.

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by patrickmuf(m): 9:37am On Sep 14, 2021
If the FG must collect VAT for imported goods and services, no qualms, let them share that 60% generated using their sharing formula but states should collect the rest and use it to develop themselves...

This whole issue can be resolved if the relevant stakeholders come together and iron out the grey areas. We need each state to be productive towards self sustainability and the current system being practice won't see it come to fruition...

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Kellydrive1: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Mrexcell(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2021
The fulani north loves using shameless bastards from the south to project their oppressive agenda against the south.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by haslaw(m): 9:43am On Sep 14, 2021
decasey:
I use to respect this guy , but now he has lost his senses after joining APC.

The released facts. Stop being blind. Tackle him with your own facts or shut up.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Tulsaguy: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2021
e be like that AIT half cast newscaster.

This one sabi road go village....

1 Like

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Ayiibobo(m): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2021
vedaxcool:

Jealousy won't kill most of you. He is doing the job he is paid for, promoting Pro Nigeria narratives. Why don't you be proud of the people who offer you peanut to promote despair and hopelessness.
i do not think you are ok,so you are fine with the way the country is and the direction it is heading to?,the country according to you is not in despair and hopelessness?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Members Of The Technical Aid Corps Deployed To Serve In Rwanda (photo) / Ajimobi: No Free Land For Grazing / Nigerians Shun Obasanjo’s Coalition For Nigeria - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.