Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North (19648 Views)

President Buhari Got "False Intelligence" From CBN - Ajuri Ngelale / Executive Rascality: SERAP Takes Wike, FG To ECOWAS Court Over Rights Violations / Wike: FG Politicising COVID-19 Response. Lagos Got N10 Billion, Rivers Got None (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by poiZon: 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
Sirjamo:
You well so?

Dem dey import Kulikuli and water melon?
Wetin u fit import apart from that?
So kulikuli no dey Niger republic or watermelon no dey Niger?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Standing5(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
sokera:
not really , the FG is using South West money to run the country
that chart of around N1.2 Tr is what we budgeted right? Park well oga.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by maxzzo1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
This half cast wey js finish school yesterday wey from ogoni even d ogonis are even worse hit.....if FG gives oil states 13% where is d 87% going? Ajuru can't knock Wike cos his still a toy....
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Don’t mind them Lagos pays the most in vat they are not talking then these ones who think oil is the be all end all will come and be talking nonsense
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Zagee: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dispersed collection won't be messy! Don't feed on that idea. The FG should set a cap on it and everybody works within such frameworks. Again dispersed collection won't be messy! If you mean between states and FG, no, the boundaries for taxable goods are clearly mapped out.
Wike is my governor and trust me he only saw this VAT issue initially on monetary terms, he is as blind as the rest of the lot who don't see how rewarding this will be beyond monetary terms.
mapet:

1. This is a good submission.
2. Promoting competition is valid....but dispersed collection of VAT will be messy.
3. It is this kinds of conversation we should be having and not Wike's argument wrapped with ethnic/hate-inducing package.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Fuckyoumod: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
decasey:
I use to respect this guy , but now he has lost his senses after joining APC.
is he a Nigerian?

He is born to a Nigerian mother and an unknown foreign father. He is not a Nigerian!
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Ayiibobo(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Continue to proclaim hopelessness and despair for you and your family. Those of us that want to live hopeful and happy should not affect your hopelessness doctrine.
lol,You are a apc bmc,fortunately for me my family is in the uk,unfortunately for you the hopelessness and poverty of this country is now a normal thing for you and ur family,i dnt blame you,your leaders keep telling you to pray for them and pray to God,why they steal away you and your families future,continue hopping,hope you knw 1pound is now 740naira weyrey
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by mapet: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by ajl: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2021

“In 2020, the nation generated about N1.5trn in VAT.
We have about 60 per cent of VAT coming from imports at the ports. As we know, ports infrastructure in the country is not controlled by the state governments, so they cannot say that it is their revenue; it is controlled by the Federal Government, it is federal revenue."

Then no problem, let the FG keep and share whatever it get as VAT from imports, while states also keep what they make in their states as VAT. This one is using English and deceit to confuse people. VAT is a consumption tax. I don't know how import represent consumptiion.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Average9jaman: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by IJOBA11: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Why do you tell me about the salutation you give your dad every morning?
LALASTICLALA

RULE 2
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Aganju849: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by vedaxcool(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
[s]
poiZon:

When obasanjo withheld lagos funds for 2yrs, another govt came in and paid.
Even if buhari didn't refund the monies state used in fixing federal roads, another person for come pay am.
Wike is fighting for states to be in charge of VAT, victor attah fought for 13percent derivative back then and the abrogation of onshore offshore dichotomy. So many southern states didnt support him, was it tribalistic?
This morning we heard hisbah destroyed another trucks of beer, but the same govt are accepting VAT from beer consumption from other states.. No be evil be that?
The north claims they have the population, VAT is generally about population density.. With more population, more spending and more VAT.

[/s]

So Wike was fighting for Rivers when he told Jonathan to withhold N78B due to be paid to Rivers for works Federal Road because Ameachi was Governor? Keep deluding yourself to justify the idiot who uses tribalism and jingoism to whip people into a frenzy.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by vedaxcool(m): 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
[s]
Ayiibobo:
lol,You are a apc bmc,fortunately for me my family is in the uk,unfortunately for you the hopelessness and poverty of this country is now a normal thing for you and ur family,i dnt blame you,your leaders keep telling you to pray for them and pray to God,why they steal away you and your families future,continue hopping,hope you knw 1pound is now 740naira weyrey
[/s]

Keep living in the hopelessness and despair. Always proclaim such despair and hopelessness on your family. Those who live faithfully to God in hope, should not bother your hopelessness doctrine.

grin grin grin grin they are living in UK as precariously in all hopelessness and despair then project such hopelessness to others.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by starstaz(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ordinary come-and-chop aide aside.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by soojar(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
Sirjamo:
States should collect their vats but, they should tell me which state will collect VAT from me when I import my products through the Lagos ports but I am going to sell my products in Kano, my state of residence.

Are you importing raw materials or finished goods.

Finished good, pay to FG (IMPORTATION)
Raw material, first pay to FG and then pay to the state where the good is finished.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Echoban: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
RobbStark:

The moment you join the devilish party, you are given a template of the things expected of you.

I am not surprised cos it always been so
Look at Umahi, Hope n now this semi black semi white, na their way.

Wike is waiting for them at the supreme court.

So the Sanwo Olu and akeredolu in APC are in devillish party and supposed to decamp to PDP of undevilish... Ode.

I hope Edo of PDP is now thriving well. Mtcheew bloody emotional set of people
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by orisa37: 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
mapet:

I don't know how you people boldly make ignorant statements

RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA NOW NOW NOW AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT. BY THE WAY, WHY CAN'T SOLUDO AND SALAMI WORK WELL WITH BUHARI?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by orisa37: 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2021
RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA NOW NOW NOW AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT. BY THE WAY, WHY CAN'T SOLUDO AND SALAMI WORK WELL WITH BUHARI?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Segzy19: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Na you be d muntula. You pay your VAT where you sell your items... So he pays in Kano.... Ode oshi
mu2sa2:
Bros, don't waste your time with those mumu; it seems the stuff in their heads is just like cotton wool.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by oyatz(m): 6:06am On Sep 15, 2021
josielewa:
OGA, all the vat being collected is part of Niger delta money...the revenue from crude nko...the 30% for the north in pib nko...OGA just stfu

It's wrong to assume that any money in Nigeria is part of the Niger Delta money.

We pay tax on every car, airtime, data, cement or iron rods we buy and these aren't parts of the Niger-Delta money.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by josielewa(m): 6:15am On Sep 15, 2021
oyatz:

It's wrong to assume that any money in Nigeria is part of the Niger Delta money.

We pay tax on every car, airtime, data, cement or iron rods we buy and these aren't parts of the Niger-Delta money.
read again slowly....i said "part"
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by mapet: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2021
orisa37:

In addition to crass ignorance...another problem is your level of comprehension which is whack and you're arrogant at making dumb submissions
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by mapet: 8:20am On Sep 15, 2021
Midas01:
The point he made about Abuja being the second highest VAT contributor is wrong and dead on arrival and[b] the recent stats released by the appropriate body has proven Rivers state to be the second largest VAT contributor with about N117bn annually where Abuja is the third with N92bn annually.[/b]

He is talking about the ports....the money for the construction of the Ports in Rivers State came from where ? Definitely Rivers State so this man needs to sit his ass somewhere.

Thankfully, Wike is a lawyer who knows the law and can not be cowered into bowing to the cabal easily.

Notice how the FG are not even interested in abiding by the constitution which gives states full VAT autonomy...lol.

Any link to that "recent" stats? or you just want to misinform the gullible?
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by orisa37: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2021
ONLY GOD IS RESPONSIBLE FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Ovamboland(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
uptownmusic:
Partisan politics is like religion, it makes people loose rational and reasonable thinking. In a federal system, the state owns taxes accrued in it. FG can have exclusive rights over maritime and critical areas, cos of national security etc, and as per the rights ascribed to it in the constitution. The constitution is a fair instrument, it works with common sense and reason.

Every federal system has some unique features. USA federal govt taxes personal income and some states also do tax personal income.
In Nigeria only the states have 100% power to tax personal income while FG taxes company income CIT exclusively. Lagos IGR alone is more than the entire CIT collected by FG from all companies in Nigeria.
Some states have less than 5% of their workforce registered for tax, the remaining 95% are like ghost, zombies or parasite on the system.
Re: Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North by Genius100: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Isn't it funny that not one of these fools abusing Ajuri has disproved any of his claims? When fools don't have the intellectual capacity to meaningfully contribute to a subject, they resort to abuses and empty rants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North / Abdullahi Chiranchi, DSS Director Dies In Kano / NLC Vs Amosun In Abeokuta, Workers Booed Amosun Shouting Amosun Ole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.