Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive (7801 Views)

Peter Obi’s Votes’ll Come From Twitter, Says Atiku Group / Twitter Says Discussions With FG Have Been "Respectful And Productive" / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
if you believe that nonsense article or figure, you will believe anything.

247 billion Ko, 247 quantitrillion ni

Lol

Why don't you believe it. Care to share?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Mexicanbreed: 10:51am On Sep 14, 2021
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Which ban are they talking about. Everybody is tweeting so sweet.

Federal government will understand say,no be everything them go da ban.

Even lie is tweeting coded.
if everybody is tweeting how is Nigeria loosing that imagery money you guys are talking abt the other day
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Mexicanbreed: 10:53am On Sep 14, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Ever since Twitter was disabled, lots of tensions have been quelled.

It was really not a bad idea after all.

You are on point

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Mexicanbreed: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
They are tired of the propagandas now abi.

They were busy sponsoring different nonsense articles in daily newspaper about how Nigerians are losing trillions when in actual sense, they are at the losing end.

They don't know that Buhari has ear problem to listen to any propaganda or certificate to read newspaper.

They should just accept all the Federal government terms and count their loss.

Don't mind them, they where busy sponsoring fake articles abt Nigeria loosing some fake amount of money that even banks that have branches all over Nigeria don't make

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Why don't you believe it. Care to share?
read all my posts on the thread
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
read all my posts on the thread

I have. Your point was that Twitter is losing more than Nigeria. The volume of the loss you never contested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 11:48am On Sep 14, 2021
Theunbothered:

That is because twitter has been banned in China since 2009. But despite this Huawei, a major Chinese company, has an account with 7 million followers because they still need to market their products to foreigners.

All the twitter ban does is give Nigerian businesses customers away to foreign influences.

You're making arguments that beggers logic
1. Contrast this bolded with your initial argument of twitter as gathering point of Chinese private sector coys.
2. Huawei is a global brand. Are the 7million follower predominantly Chinese?

Explain how twitter ban give away to foreign influences?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Theunbothered: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
mapet:

You're making arguments that beggers logic
1. Contrast this bolded with your initial argument of twitter as gathering point of Chinese private sector coys.
2. Huawei is a global brand. Are the 7million follower predominantly Chinese?

Explain how twitter ban give away to foreign influences?

Your second point answers your question.

Huawei is global, they want to keep spreading outside China and will use twitter and other social media platforms outside China even though it's banned.

Chinese companies want visibility because it gives them more money.

When you take away an avenue for Nigerian companies to sway the market you are inviting foreigners to fill the gap.

The ban also sends a message to outsiders that the Nigerian government will not follow due process and ruin your business based on the emotional outbursts of the leaders.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by peeps4u: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
smh

Do you even know how twitter ads work?

You probably don't even use Twitter.

May be you should tell how it works. You probably think corporate brands pay Twitter before they open twitter accts or post on Twitter.
Twitter inly makes money from ads when they are paid to post ads and many nigerian brands only use influencers for this thing.

The amount of people who manage to place Twitter ads are very negligible compared to the volume of advertising jobs influencers are paid to do on twitter. It is the Nigerian Twitter influencers and marketers who are missing majorly.

I challenge you to argue otherwise how twitter ads works such that twitter is the one having a huger loss in this ban
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by peeps4u: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
mapet:

Bros,

At this point, I advise you sit this one out. Your ignorance is like a rainbow here

I'm not ready to sit it out. The only way Twitter makes money from ads is when they are paid to place paid ads, just as NL places ads for bodies.

The question is how many Nigerian brands use Twitter ads in the first place for twitter to really miss earnings? Most Nigerian brands will rather employ and pay influncers for their marketing on Twitter platform rather than use twitter ads directly. It is Nigerians that are losing out of this ban mostly as they are missing some marketing jobs for now

If you have a contrary knowledge, I challenge you to put it up

1 Like

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Theunbothered: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
peeps4u:

I'm nit rwady to sit it out. The only way Twitter makes money from ads is when they are paid to place paid ads, just as NL places ads for bodies.

The question is how many Nigerian brands use Twitter ads in the first place for twitter to really miss earnings? Most Nigerian brands will rather employ and pay influncers for their marketing rather than use twitter ads. It is Nigerians that are losing out of this ban mostly as they are missing some marketing jobs for now

They don't, most of these guys just come here with their sock accounts to post nonsense.

They can not tell us in concrete terms what Nigeria is gaining from the ban but will argue confidently in favour of it.

It must be a mental illness.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
peeps4u:

I'm not ready to sit it out. The only way Twitter makes money from ads is when they are paid to place paid ads, just as NL places ads for bodies.

The question is how many Nigerian brands use Twitter ads in the first place for twitter to really miss earnings? Most Nigerian brands will rather employ and pay influncers for their marketing on Twitter platform rather than use twitter ads directly. It is Nigerians that are losing out of this ban mostly as they are missing some marketing jobs for now

1. Your demonstration of knowledge gap on ads model on social media platforms is jaw-dropping to say the least.
2. Comparing Nairaland Ad model and twitter's is an extension of the this ignorance.
3. Most Nigerian brand will rather pay influencers who have limited coverage than use a self-service ad engine that is artificially intelligent enough to be directed at target customers on a larger scale?

My brother I say SIT DOWN....
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by peeps4u: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
mapet:

1. Your demonstration of knowledge gap on ads model on social media platforms is jaw-dropping to say the least.
2. Comparing Nairaland Ad model and twitter's is an extension of the this ignorance.
3. Most Nigerian brand will rather pay influencers who have limited coverage than use a self-service ad engine that is artificially intelligent enough to be directed at target customers on a larger scale?

My brother I say SIT DOWN....

How many Twitter ads sponsored by Nigerian brands have you seen on Twitter compared to those handled by Twitter influencers? ABEG, Patricia, Piggyvest, just to name a few will rather use influencers to push them on twitter rather than consulting Twitter for ads.

Just this year, a forex broker company signed DonJazzy, DonJazzy promoted them on twitter. There was a time one bet company also used DonJazzy to promote them on Twitter. This is what many Nigerian corporate brands do, rather than use Twitter ads.
I'm arguing with facts and what is happening in reality and on Twitter.

Again, rather than throwing tantrums, bring your facts
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by FakeUnity: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
Susu888:
See dem, slaves to the west, brainwashed with sh*t daily that they're begging for the white man's collar to be put around their necks!

Indeed the house slave is the biggest hurdle to the slaves escape, they will do anything for their masters because he gave them an illusion of human rights.
You think they give a toss about you? They have succefully programmed you idiots to dislike whatever is good for you!!!

You willingly give them your pictures, locations, hobbies, likes and dislikes without them having to directly ask for it! Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, google maps.
Those platforms are the first go to place for them to get first hand info about you...

The mordern black man is a very unfortunate being, he now thinks his oppressors are those fighting for his freedom cuz they told him that his words matter.

Indeed subconscious programing is real as the sheeps are living in a matrix and don't even know!

Being woke is hard..

Immortal technique ( it's a rich mans world and civil war come) comes to mind.
People r really dumb... We r in the final days of the his arrival (Anti-christ)

When they crack down on protesters in theur domain its for social order when African countries do it its oppression and suppression of freedom of speech... Democracy is only a word they use when they r trying to install their puppets in your countries.

The closest allies to the west are monarchies, U.K, KSA.

They topple governments at will, scatter and pillage them of their resources while feeding you bullsh*t, create civil wars and famine then prevent you from flocking into their respective countries. They Bleep up your economies (inflation nd instability) nd When you go looking for loans they give you conditions that must be met, legalising sodomy adjusting your education curriculums with twisted and false history so your children's minds are chained from a young age.

The average African is a monkey!

Patrice lumumba
Hailey selassi
Idi amin
Sani abacha
Gaddafi e.t.c

They all where hated and disliked by their people for trying to protect the interests of these same people because a television news broadcaster said so...
How have these countries fared since the lose of their leaders compared to when those leaders where there?

The U. N is a sham, they allow certain countries who are controlled by the masons to possess nuclear weapons but others are destroyed just for contemplating the idea!

They approve the vaccinations you're given and you hv been programmed to deny what ever comes fron another source.
You don't have the independence of choice!
They determine the prices of raw materials while they don't have sh*t in their God for saking lands (oil, gold, silver, diamonds) prices are set by western markets and industries.

They are the ones who approve the leaders you elect... The ones they disapprove are automatically dictators nd authoritarians cuz they won't give their corporations free access to your riches nd you as the monkeys that you're fall for that sh*t.

What a world... Read your effing histories (the untainted ones) to know what you are up against.

An abokey musleem preaching about anti-slavery because he wants everyone to hate western countries and embrace booharii's empty terrorist skull. grin

Who dem brainwash pass abokey almaajiri like you?. grin
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

I have. Your point was that Twitter is losing more than Nigeria. The volume of the loss you never contested.
Cos a loss is a loss.

You that's believed 247 billion story.

Break down how Nigeria lost 247 billion..

Note: 247 billion is like Lagos federal allocation for about 6 months.

Please tell us how Nigeria lost it?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
Cos a loss is a loss.

You that's believed 247 billion story.

Break down how Nigeria lost 247 billion..

Note: 247 billion is like Lagos federal allocation for about 6 months.

Please tell us how Nigeria lost it?

The website did not say Nigeria lost 247bn. That's just sensationalism of the paper report. The website measures cost of shutdown not loss due to shutdown. In other words, what it cost the economy is 247bn. It is not Nigeria's loss alone nor Twitter's loss alone but cumulative loss for Twitter, Nigeria, telcos and others who make use of the services associated with Twitter in one way or the other.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Ovamboland(m): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
mapet:

NCDC lost money?

You whip up cartoon-imagination in your head and put it out as facts?

That's an example of not too young to rule, but very empty. Never knew disease control agency of govt is now revenue generating
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

The website did not say Nigeria lost 247bn. That's just sensationalism of the paper report. The website measures cost of shutdown not loss due to shutdown. In other words, what it cost the economy is 247bn. It is not Nigeria's loss alone nor Twitter's loss alone but cumulative loss for Twitter, Nigeria, telcos and others who make use of the services associated with Twitter in one way or the other.
Oya break it down how everyone lost 247billion with verifiable figure.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by garfield1: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:

Thank you... I didn't know that people like you who refuse to accept any wild claims and figures still exist

1 Like

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2021
peeps4u:

How many Twitter ads sponsored by Nigerian brands have you seen on Twitter compared to those handled by Twitter influencers? ABEG, Patricia, Piggyvest, just to name a few will rather use influencers to push them on twitter rather than consulting Twitter for ads.

Just this year, a forex broker company signed DonJazzy, DonJazzy promoted them on twitter. There was a time one bet company also used DonJazzy to promote them on Twitter. This is what many Nigerian corporate brands do, rather than use Twitter ads.
I'm arguing with facts and what is happening in reality and on Twitter.

Again, rather than throwing tantrums, bring your facts

Big waste of my time trying to reason something actually way above your comprehension. Don't worry, your understanding of twitter ad model is limited to influencers... no wonder people like you had been struggling to be rational on the discourse
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by peeps4u: 9:55am On Sep 15, 2021
mapet:

Big waste of my time trying to reason something actually way above your comprehension. Don't worry, your understanding of twitter ad model is limited to influencers... no wonder people like you had been struggling to be rational on the discourse

Guess your own understanding of it is too big beyond words that you cant challenge my argument facts for facts, words for words except throwing tantrums?

Is this how to win debate when you can't even provide a superior argument other than insult? It shows your shallowness actually.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2021
Evolution3x:

I don't need to break it down. The point I'm trying to make is that 247bn loss from twitter shutdown is a big blow to an economy that is struggling to survive with all the critical indicators in the red. Some people have lost jobs and income from the twitter ban. That is what is absolutely sure and can't be coloured.

The big question is what is the raison d'etre of the ban. Because a man's fragile ego was built? May I ask. Is Buhari's ego worth 1bn naira to the Nigerian economy? We need to be able to delineate between personal interest and national interest. If personal interest becomes national interest, then we are not any better than North Korea or other anti-democratic countries.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2021
peeps4u:

Guess your own understanding of it is too big beyond words that you cant challenge my argument facts for facts, words for words except throwing tantrums?

Is this how to win debate when you can't even provide a superior argument other than insult? It shows your shallowness actually.

How do you expect me to provide superior argument when you're struggling with basic?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by peeps4u: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
mapet:

How do you expect me to provide superior argument when you're struggling with basic?

How do you even provide superior arguements when you dont have any except than to throw dummy spit?

Only an ignorant person like you resorts to throwing tantrums in an argument. You would have sounded more reasonable if you had put up a single superior argument to rubbish mine
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
peeps4u:

How do you even provide superior arguements when you dont have any except than to throw dummy spit?

Only an ignorant person like you resorts to throwing tantrums in an argument. You would have sounded more reasonable if you had put up a single superior argument to rubbish mine

Superior argument to what is shallow? It is a time wasting
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

I don't need to break it down. The point I'm trying to make is that 247bn loss from twitter shutdown is a big blow to an economy that is struggling to survive with all the critical indicators in the red. Some people have lost jobs and income from the twitter ban. That is what is absolutely sure and can't be coloured.

The big question is what is the raison d'etre of the ban. Because a man's fragile ego was built? May I ask. Is Buhari's ego worth 1bn naira to the Nigerian economy? We need to be able to delineate between personal interest and national interest. If personal interest becomes national interest, then we are not any better than North Korea or other anti-democratic countries.
smh.

He just believed 247billion is lost.

He doesn't know how. But since it's Buhari, the man he hates, then it must be true.

Typical Nigerian.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2021
Evolution3x:
smh.

He just believed 247billion is lost.

He doesn't know how. But since it's Buhari, the man he hates, then it must be true.

Typical Nigerian.

Check out the Netblocks website if you want to know how. I don't like Buhari of course. But it's not about liking him or not. You don't believe the figures but you believe there's a figure only that you don't know. If you dispute the figure, you should come out with your own. That's commonsense. In the absence of yours and any cogent reason to dispute the figures, and given that the website claims their data is obtained from Brookings Institution and the World Bank, I think it is safe to accept it.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by peeps4u: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
mapet:

Superior argument to what is shallow? It is a time wasting

You're empty headed. You have replied more than 4 times but you can't put up a sound argument for once.

I rather advise you to sit this one out.

I guess you ride with what you hear from your online overlords that "Twitter is losing" even when you can't analyse or state how twitter is really losing.

Olodo and empty headed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Election: Actors, Methods And Colouration Of Online Disinformation / Atiku, El-rufai In War Of Words Over Controversial Pentascope Deal / Is Hon Evans Bipi The Phantom Speaker A Cultist??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.