Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance (11742 Views)

SIM Infractions: NCC Fines Glo, Airtel, MTN N78.5m / Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos / U.S. Fines Google $170m Over Youtube Collecting Data On Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by hakym619(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2021
angry
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by aloma007(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2021
Geeman2006:
When their National pride is Samsung & LG.
They won't accept such, proactive government.
Not like some other countries that their government will have a collect envelope, Siddon look approach.

1 Like

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by TruthUntold: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2021
Taejimin:

...and BTS. Thank you smiley
AAARRRMMMYYY OT7

1 Like

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by WrathOfHadez(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2021
HonNL:
Company said to have impeded development of competing software

Regulator orders change to Google contracts with manufacturers

Bloomberg
Asia and piracy! These Chincos just love cloning. Why would Google allow anyone make a fork or modified version of Android?

Why can't just they go on and create their own operating system from scratch like Apple.

They still want to use same Foundation and building blocks of Android.

Asians cloning.

6 Likes

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by TruthUntold: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2021
timay1:

Samsung are probably behind the fine. They probably lobby their government into sanctioning google

You mean the same Samsung who's heir was thrown in prison by the same government for trying to bribe the government? kontinue!

South K ain't like naija baby, go look up what happened to their last president before you talk further werey

2 Likes

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by timay1: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2021
TruthUntold:

You mean the same Samsung who's heir was thrown in prison by the same government for trying to bribe the government? kontinue!

South K ain't like naija baby, go look up what happened to their last president before you talk further werey
Lobbying and bribery are not the same thing.

Look it up.

And stop with your uncouth language, you're not talking to kids here

2 Likes

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by criuze(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2021
Any OS that will undo Android must be an edge cut

But at a time we dey flex BB and those Symbian multi function devices we thought that was the end of the world, and then the Android tech collapsed many companies

We're in a constant flux sha
Android should work on data consumption because i that that has a direct link of huge carbon footprint

It might be their undoing

I don't think other tech companies a sleeping over this
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by aloma007(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2021
Nbotee:
If Trump was President he'd ban South Korea tech companies in return and their market war will start

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by TruthUntold: 8:58am On Sep 14, 2021
WrathOfHadez:
Asia and piracy! These Chincos just love cloning. Why would Google allow anyone make a fork or modified version of Android?

Why can't just they on and create their own operating system from scratch like Apple.

They still want to use same Foundation and building blocks of Android.

Asians cloning.

Their country, their rules. Nothing new under the sun and all that, in short, they wouldn't have done it if they weren't certain of winning, this is basic Asian mentality.
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2021
permit:
Google don't need competition because they understand the implications ...

Where is Microsoft today....
I trust sk to come up with very competitive software just like Samsung and lg

Microsoft is doing better than ever.

Their current market cap is over $2 Trillion, second only to Apple...

2 Likes

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by TruthUntold: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2021
timay1:

Lobbying and bribery are not the same thing.

Look it up.

And stop with your uncouth language, you're not talking to kids here

bribery! Look up the updated story and see evidence joor, no one has ever gone to prison for lobbying, for god sakes it's a full time job.

Practice your own advice in the last sentence before you preach to someone else, hm!

1 Like

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by pickatyoubackup: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2021
Can't they develop their own os. Or is it till Android starts behaving like iOS their heads will be correct. acl
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by KingOdart(m): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Asians just love stealing intellectual properties

Do you know what Google went through before they achieved what they are today?

You want them to release the result of their several years of hardwork and investment in the name of competition and allow you to modify it? That's unfair to Google

3 Likes

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:27am On Sep 14, 2021
There is money in Tech. Meanwhile watch the Champions league matches at home by upgrading your dstv cheapily. Check my last topic.
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by permit(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2021
BuddhaPalm:

Microsoft is doing better than ever.

Their current market cap is over $2 Trillion, second only to Apple...
oh, I see thanks for the update cool cool

Anyways we need more competition for more opportunities..
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by Sholaco: 10:02am On Sep 14, 2021
In Nigeria, ipob/ESN would have start hurling insults on Buhari and Nigeria

1 Like

Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by Ayemileto(m): 10:28am On Sep 14, 2021
TruthUntold:

bribery! Look up the updated story and see evidence joor, no one has ever gone to prison for lobbying, for god sakes it's a full time job.

Practice your own advice in the last sentence before you preach to someone else, hm!

You're the wrong one here sha.

The person you're quoting used "lobby" from Onset not bribery.
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by Taejimin(f): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2021
TruthUntold:

AAARRRMMMYYY OT7

보라해 (Borahae)
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2021
KingOdart:
Asians just love stealing intellectual properties

Do you know what Google went through before they achieved what they are today?

You want them to release the result of their several years of hardwork and investment in the name of competition and allow you to modify it? That's unfair to Google

Android is OPEN-SOURCE.

Anyone is legally allowed to modify it, and associate with whoever they want...because lots of people contribute to its development for FREE.

This forum too is built with free, open-source software (SimpleMachines.org). And they can't dictate to the owner of the forum, whether to modify it, or not, as he has.
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by Obdk: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
NettyNelly:
LoL, Seriously but Google has monopolized android smartphone. It's a game for the competitive advantaged players. Not necessary

I HELP WITH ATTENTION GRABBING DESIGNS

How do you mean Google have monopolised android smart phone.. Can someone monopolise what he already own... Google own android...

What you will say is that Google monopolised smart phones industry..
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by BamakSNR(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
Samsung galaxy a12 4G RAM 128G ROM, about 3month used 87,000 naira. Slightly negotiable. Delivery within Osun, Oyo, Kwara state. 08082074477
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
RichDad1:
Good one. If it’s in Nigeria, some ignorants will be shouting dictator.
God bless u. I really understand that some Nigerians are just abnormal. See their comments because it is abt others but if it were here they'll sing different music, most of us don't know our value,we only know how to depend whites. Imagine Nigerian saying he prefer to be a tree at US than being a Nigerian not knowing that between 1950-1970 US was in civil wars, racial abuses, human rights violations and leadership instability (coup that led to killing Kennedy) despite being centuries older.
Effect of mental inferiority!
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by Breastfeed: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ok, but how does this affect me using my TECNO phone jejely in Africa here?
Re: South Korea Fines Google $177m For Abusing Smartphone Dominance by chidiebube107: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Arizonaz:
World of technology is an endless possibilities.

I used Google Docs to do my typing and all of a sudden, my PC ba3 went off. All I did was to type Google doc on my mobile browser and continue my work. Google is another world on its own.
You can do the same on MSOffice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] / MTN Fully Restores Network After Hours Of Outage In Nigeria / Airtel Operamini Data Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.