Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters (16068 Views)

Ijaw Womb Setters: Real Or Fake? / Seeking For A Traditional Bone Expert In Portharcourt / Man Reveals How Traditional Bone Setters Saved Him From Amputation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by NewDelhi(m): 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mrkumareze:

Lol, t we have good and bad orthopaedic in the hospital, same applies to the local born setters .. I have seen those who's bone got damaged by both local n hospitals ..
There are several types of fractures. Imagine going to a bone setter for one of these below most especially the 3rd from your left. They end up compromising the issue. Your leg will rot off and you'll end up going back to the hospital to get it amputated.. say no to bone setters.

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Juliearth(f): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Britishcoins:
Let me book space I will write about it soon, Back on the topic, it was a terrible experience. It happened on the eve of "end the SARS saga.
Those agbero who operate daily on southwest Nigeria got more energy since police and security was messed up on that period.
On that black Friday, about 5 of them came to my shop and gave me 3k said their Oga said I should give them a pair of Jean that I am selling 6k.
I was furious and willing to fight them because I saw them as lazy and stupid people.
Not long fight ensure, the removed dagger and was ready to stab me, I start running, with the force my right knee dislocated, that was the genesis of suffering from that month.
To end story, I slept in one local bone healer with plenty mosquitoes and bed bugs.
No toilet and plenty injection and pains is not something to write today.
Even now I do feel little pain after long walk.
Bone dislocation is dangerous

Sorry about your ordeal. Knee dislocation can be a hell-like experience.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by emmyyoung688: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
KingTom:
Not me, a friend's girl, they got knocked down by a speeding vehicle, the bone healer straightened both their legs in about a month and they've been fine ever since. Happened about 8 years ago, I sha follow them argue because I wanted them to go the hospital but they declined. They've been proving me wrong for 8 years grin
sometimes the hospital is the wrong place to go ..there are professional bone setters who knows their job...... we have one around here....no matter how bad it is he can fix it...well I feel some of them add something spiritual though
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Ade4dayo70(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2021
KosiGee:

If I mention mine as well, you’ll be shocked.

First, are an orthopaedic doctor? Are you trained in the medical field and part of an orthopaedic team?? If your answer is no, then you shouldn’t be treating anyone with broken bone.
If you attempt what you are doing now in a sane environment, you’ll be in a big trouble.

Kindly eradicate this faux conviction from your mind.

My mother got countless bone (fore and hind limbs) fractures healed successfully across Lagos with TBS skill she inherited from her late father in Ikere Ekiti.

The treatment demands no x-ray (that emits radiation which may endanger your life later after exposure)... just herbal/plant and animal extracts have been doing the great work of bone healing since the invention of the medicine by her late father over a century ago.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Rastaramsey(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
joelison:
In my clinic I have seen plenty limbs disfigured by traditional bone setters but nigerians still prefer them, after the damage they will come back to the hospital

Damnn Niggarr, hospitals will charge you so much... U will run couples of tests, they would give you so stupid creams and they would let you go.... But if u go a traditional bone setter, by the time they use that their stick wey resemble that shoe maker own handle your hand or leg... Am talking from experience
Traditional way is the best on this matter
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Amtrak: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
When I was little, I slid on a banana peel and fractured my arm. I remember I had POP and sling over my arm for some time.

On a second occasion, I was playing daddy and mommy drama with my childhood friend, and she was piggy-backing me when we both fell and I broke my arm again (can't remember whether it was the same arm or the other one). I had POP again for a while, it seems I also remember red mud and pepper rubbed on my arm.

But the main one I will hardly forget was in JSS1 when my classmate went for my leg rather than the ball. My left knee got dislocated and I was left in real pains. I could neither move around nor go to school. My parents opted for traditional bone treatment. So my first mission to the expert was on the Nkwor market day of my village. We met this old man who did the massaging: I cried my eyes out because it was so painful. My voice nearly go. So after treatment, we returned to PH and watched out for improvement for some time; but I no see much. Then, my father decided on a second visit to the village bone healers on a different market day. This time, we met a different person - a young man. My heart sank when he said that the old man didn't do anything. Before I knew it, he called some able-bodied young men to restrain me by seizing my two hands and two legs. When I saw the situation, the leg wey no good begin fyn where im go run go. The restrainers pulled my left leg straight, while this huge guy pounced down on my knee with all the might of his upper body. I screamed and the entire market stood still: then I saw my ancestors begin to pass by one-by-one. There was no more energy left in me to cry. At this point, they applied the usual red mud and pepper paste all over the leg after which me and my dad returned home.

The truth is that I don't know how I managed to survive that day, but not too long after that I was able to use my leg perfectly again.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by diara21(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
It was a crazy moment for me last year October. Had an accident while going to work and broke my left humerus . Visited 3 local bone setters in the space of 4 months with no improvement until my my sister took me to one general hospital in Ibadan have forgotten the name now . The doctor have to break the bone again (reduced ) and Was on pop for 8 weeks and my bone joined. Funny enough it wasn’t painful @all compared to the pain I went through in the hands of those local bone setters .....my advice go to the hospital and have an X tray done . This local people will only make things worst for you .

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by DMCY: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
honcdm01:
I need a bone doctor RN. My location is Port Harcourt.. I had my hand broken around August 2019 and the lady that handle it failed to strengthen it until I traveled out. I'm back and want someone that can help me out.

Sorry, you travelled out and you didn’t do it there?

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by ChiefSweetus: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Amtrak:
When I was little, I slid on a banana peel and fractured my arm. I remember I had POP and sling over my arm for some time.

On a second occasion, I was playing daddy and mommy drama with my childhood friend, and she was piggy-backing me when we both fell and I broke my arm again (can't remember whether it was the same arm or the other one). I had POP again for a while, it seems I also remember red mud and pepper rubbed on my arm.

But the main one I will hardly forget was in JSS1 when my classmate went for my leg rather than the ball. My left knee got dislocated and I was left in real pains. I could neither move around nor go to school. My parents opted for traditional bone treatment. So my first mission to the expert was on the Nkwor market day of my village. We met this old man who did the massaging: I cried my eyes out because it was so painful. My voice nearly go. So after treatment, we returned to PH and watched out for improvement for some time; but I no see much. Then, my father decided on a second visit to the village bone healers on a different market day. This time, we met a different person - a young man. My heart sank when he said that the old man didn't do anything. Before I knew it, he called some able-bodied young men to restrain me by seizing my two hands and two legs. When I saw the situation, the leg wey no good begin fyn where im go run go. The restrainers pulled my left leg straight, while this huge guy pounced down on my knee with all the might of his upper body. I screamed and the entire market stood still: then I saw my ancestors begin to pass by one-by-one. There was no more energy left in me to cry. At this point, they applied the usually red mud and pepper paste all over the leg after which me and my dad returned home.

The truth is that I don't know how I managed to survive that day, but not too long after that I was able to use my leg perfectly again.
grin
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by temi1290: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hmm, that's was back in sec school,on that fateful monday during break we were balling.As a gallant baller that I am,I dey shadow mark one particular junior of mine,omo yen gba werey ninu aye, very good player,I literally married the werey.

Then that forever dreaded moment came,I dispossessed the dude but I wasn't standing well,had one leg on the ball while the one on ground wasn't well balanced,that was when I started going down like mango tree,chai,landed awkwardly on my left hand which is actually my strongest hand,I'm Left handed, left legged, infact I'm Left sided.Dislocated my wrist and I was taken to those pple that reset bones, mehn,the pain was out this world.I had my hand hung over my neck for three months.

The funny part,this thing won't disturb during the day,na night when you suppose dey e go start with you,the night I thought I would die was when I mistakingly when to drink cold water in school,I was still going to school with the injury, thankfully I write with my right hand even though I'm left handed.Bone injury ain't something I'll wish for my enemy honestly, very painful shit

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Psoul(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Eyeness:
Actually, the doctor did nothing wrong. The only process that determines whether a child can pass through the mother's hip or not is labour. I have seen people with apparently small hips on pelvimetry deliver with no issues and people with normal pelvimetry results almost go into obstructed labour.

I'm not expecting you to say anything different from this. You must defend what u do.

A doctor that ran series of scan and noticed what might be a threat during child bearing and refused to tell the person involved or her relative did nothing wrong.

A medical doctor that saw that a pregnant woman cannot deliver by herself and was very weak and dying and he kept forcing her to push did nothing wrong.

It took a shout from a non medical woman to wake up the medical doctor to his senses to remember that he needs to do CS on the woman to save the woman and her baby. Still you believe the doctor did nothing wrong.

What do I even expect from half baked doctors that litter everywhere in the country.
And if you did not see anything wrong with the doctor I talked of, then you're one of the quack health providers.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by 234GT(m): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
My dad does it free of charge.

He is a pro in the job. It is a family thing.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Raphtop(m): 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hm, I remembered back then in 1997 when I had this dislocation on my left elbow. The first bone settler I was introduced to was something else. He would twist an already dislodge joint in an attempt to fix it to its original position not minding the pains that comes with it. My dad of blessed memory would be shedding tears while this bone settler was at it. We had to move back to the village when it became unbearable. To my surprise, the village bone settler who was more like wizard was doing it with so much ease and tenderness. Without any pain, one could practically hear the bones repositioning and just in a few days everything became normal. The most amazing part of it is that she did not charge a dime. I learnt it is a family something that is passed down from generations and they just do it freely but if you so desire to give something in appreciation, they will gladly collect.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Marisujuaku(f): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
I know a reputable orthopedic surgeon that can help you. He's really a wizard in his field. He lives in Anambra,Ichi to be precise
honcdm01:
I need a bone doctor RN. My location is Port Harcourt.. I had my hand broken around August 2019 and the lady that handle it failed to strengthen it until I traveled out. I'm back and want someone that can help me out.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Barryseal: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kemetals:
Please if you could, avoid them. you can go to orthopedic hospital. A friend of mine nearly had his leg amputated because of patronizing quack traditionally bone setter

My experience with orthopedic clinics wasnt good. The doctor overdosed me on anaesthesia which nearly cost my life. Ever since my mother always went the trado route and thank goodness,I wasnt disfigured.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by dejai99: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mostly at the lower back. But sometimes, I feel a sensation at upper back.

Are you having the pain in the lower back bone or upper? [/quote]
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by PraisesPblaze(m): 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Local treatment is the best, if u know a good one.
Some are in for the money.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 16, 2021
Broke my right leg somewhere between my knee joint
12years back
I lived with it for weeks I didn’t even inform my parents as I was in secondary school then.
It was badly swollen in two weeks I couldn’t bare the pain no more, I sorted self treatment that was how I found one bone setter like that I booked an appointment and all.. on that faithful day I couldn’t draw up the liver to go there as the stories I heard wasn’t all that good and nice, I just Kukuma told my parents and I was taken to a pharmacist I was administered some drugs and treatment …
The pharmacist told me if I had stayed two days more I would have been heading to igbogbi straight!

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by illicit(m): 1:58am On Sep 16, 2021
Well I dislocated my right shoulder at my PPA during my NYSC, it was around 9am

I was taken to a hospital where I didn't see the doctor until 5pm because he was in the theatre

I was in great pain, I remember I drank like 10 bottles of water because I was sweating profusely and disoriented.
One of the nurses applied stupid first aid that only made the pain worse.

When he arrived, he did x-ray, then he put POP, another pain because they usually apply it with boiling water, but he didn't reset the dislocation. He just applied bandage and put POP and my two hands were hung awkwardly.

I went home I didn't sleep or bath for a whole week. I couldn't use any of my hands. I couldn't sleep because if I lied down, I won't be able to get up. No hands. I just sat resting on a pillow. I was fed the little things I could eat e.g boiled eggs.

Midnight is the most painful time because the joint will be trying very hard to reposition itself.

I went back to the doctor that nothing happened, he removed the POP and insisted that I was fine when I obviously can't use the right hand and it had got pale and thinner.

On that same day, my boss took me to see his family doctor in the next town

Immediately the doctor saw me, when he removed my shirt, he said this is anterior dislocation he went on to describe it, he never did x-ray.
He said the former doctor should have just relocated it that very same day that the accident happened, though it would have been a painful process but that I would be fine

He went on to say that as at now, that method would be dangerous because it is dangerous, as I would lose my consciousness if they try to force it back now, it was too late

He also said that if I had delayed in coming to see him for two more days, the damage would have become permanent and I would lost the use of my right arm forever and ever, Amen

So he gave me anaesthesia, and before I woke up, he had done his job....

My shoulder is fine till date

I can't forget the doctors

Dislocation is very painful, very very painful.

it was really like hell , during the first week, I actually wished they should cut off my right hand just to relieve me of the pain

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by DonTim1: 4:30am On Sep 16, 2021
nakaman:
Any solution for scoliosis, I have scoliosis am doing some exercises trying to correct it, but it's slow

Surgery, very delicate surgery

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Eclassic: 4:44am On Sep 16, 2021
Mine is a fracture of the tibia, since last year Nov. am still going through the pains till now. Pray for me Nairalanders because I av gone through alot. I have visited four TBS but still not totally ok. I have spent virtually all I av laboured for but all to no avail. If you any good TBS pls dnt hesitate to contact me on 08039584922, Iam almost stranded.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Juliearth(f): 6:00am On Sep 16, 2021
legba1:
My experience with local bone setter was a sweet one... I got into the local clinic with a badly fractured fibula...
Before my admission, the guy made consultations, then I got admitted..

He requested for a local cock and broke the leg exactly where I broke mine. Then the treatment started.. I spent 36 days on the bed... Then I was lifted off and given 2 crutches.. After 2wks he collected one of the crushes leaving me with one. After another 2 weeks he replaced my crutch with walking stick and made me to walk about the premises from time to time... In all I spent 63 days in the clinic. Till today if I don't tell you you won't know.... But my paleh spend money.... This was in 1996.. The place is 'ago egun in abeokuta'

I need to ask. When he treated your fracture in proxy (using the chicken), did you feel any pain as he was was manipulating the chicken's fibula?
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Juliearth(f): 6:09am On Sep 16, 2021
kstyle2:
I remember when one bone doctor was trying to fix my bone, I cried so bitterly and didn't have strength to cry anymore. I begged her to wait so I could drink water and have more strength to cry. At a point I couldn't take it anymore and told her to cut off my leg. If you see as my leg swell up like new yam
I've had both tooth problem that led to extraction and fractured bone and can't decide which pain is worse. If labour pain is worse than these, then women are really trying

Your last statement is what I am trying to find out too. If labour pain is worse than dislocation, then I might resort to selective CS or the use of epidural.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Juliearth(f): 6:19am On Sep 16, 2021
Kinterez:
It was a crazy moment..it was knee dislocation after a football match...they started first with hot water and it was the greatest pains I have ever had in my life...I pleaded like a baby..I believe during the yelling period I passed out because I couldn't remember other things that happened...then I had the bamboo wood wrapped around my knee after applying a meshed green plant in it..I had to walk with a clutches. .after two weeks of every night hot water pressing...they removed it and started applying Mmanu eke"python oil"i felt better after a month and that was how I ran away from football forever

To think that a local anaesthesia can save one from all this pain, but it is hardly administered because according to them, the expression of pain and the absence of it is an indication whether or not the dislocated joint or broken bone has been successfully reduced.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by ejimatic: 6:24am On Sep 16, 2021
Barryseal:
Over the years, mostly in my early teens, I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with 4 dislocations, thanks to football, basketball and some rough play in school. I did my left elbow twice and suffered one dislocation on both wrist. Reflecting on the pains I had gone through on each of those challenging periods, I frankly would not wish it on my worst enemy. I often hear people complain about dental pain, I can testify that dental pain and dislocation no be mate.

I was once on the waiting cue at the bone setters place, a grown man, probably in his 50s was having his shoulder fixed, he cried and screamed so hard that he poo pooed on himself. I practically took to my heels when it got to my turn grin grin

I pray for total restoration for everyone going through this ordeal currently. The Lord is your strength.

Share your experience dealing with a dislocate limb
. I respect a traditional bone setter. Some will break the leg bone of a cock and start treating the cock and you together.The day the cock starts walking is the day you will also start walking . Wonderful!
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Juliearth(f): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2021
diara21:
It was a crazy moment for me last year October. Had an accident while going to work and broke my left humerus . Visited 3 local bone setters in the space of 4 months with no improvement until my my sister took me to one general hospital in Ibadan have forgotten the name now . The doctor have to break the bone again (reduced ) and Was on pop for 8 weeks and my bone joined. Funny enough it wasn’t painful @all compared to the pain I went through in the hands of those local bone setters .....my advice go to the hospital and have an X tray done . This local people will only make things worst for you .

A local anaesthesia was administered, reason why you didn't feel the pain.

In all, I have had just one elbow dislocation and several knee dislocations. The elbow joint dislocation was fixed by an orthopaedic specialist. I was put to sleep and the joint reduced, zero pains. I wore POP for a month and today, I don't even feel a thing there. Only thing that reminds me of that ordeal is the scar I incurred on my hand due to constant scratching.

The knee joint however was fixed locally and ever since then, I have had over 8 dislocations/subluxation/sudden pull and realignment on that same spot. The pains I feel when its been reduced is a story for another day. Right now, all I am looking for is the courage to go and have it fixed properly in the hospital.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by osuofia2(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Barryseal:

One trado bone setter once threatened I would provide a life chicken if I touched him while doing his job grin grin grin grin

cc dominique
Live
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by Joelobioha(m): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
nakaman:
Any solution for scoliosis, I have scoliosis am doing some exercises trying to correct it, but it's slow
meet a chiropractor
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by lebete3000: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
KingTom:
Not me, a friend's girl, they got knocked down by a speeding vehicle, the bone healer straightened both their legs in about a month and they've been fine ever since. Happened about 8 years ago, I sha follow them argue because I wanted them to go the hospital but they declined. They've been proving me wrong for 8 years grin

Because doctor give you coartem for fever and e work no mean sey coartem na d melecine for every fever.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by nakaman: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2021
DCmonster:
Buy a scoliosis brace, exercise alone can't correct it especially if you ain't doing it right.
thanks, like how much would it cost
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by DCmonster: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
nakaman:
thanks, like how much would it cost
okay! I will call and ask him for the price.
Re: Ever Had A Bone Dislocation? Share Your Experience With Traditional Bone Setters by shantti(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2021
KosiGee:

That’s child abuse. You inherited nothing. If your kids are injured, fractured or dislocated limbs….take them to orthopaedic hospitals.

What if ur wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#JusticeForPeju, #JusticeForOmolara: FCCPC Begins Investigation / Chioma Uchendu: Over Exposure To Phones, Computers & TV Screens Could Blind One / South East Has The Highest Hypertension Patients - Nigerian Hypertension Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.