Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit (18334 Views)

Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) / Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick / Abacha Food: How To Prepare Abacha|african Salad Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Premiumwriter2: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
Limassol:
My brother, everybody is a millonaire on social media. Have a nice day.
not sure what this is supposed to mean but certainly not me having N1500 to spend per week is a way of claiming that I'm a Millionaire on social media

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by lebete3000: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Premiumwriter2:
Hello Nlders

Its no longer news that things are mightily expensive in the market especially food stuffs.

It is even harder for me and i believe a lot of other students included.

this has led me to changing my eating habit and surprisingly i seem to love it now more than ever before. dont get me wrong. ..i still detest the rising cost of living.

the part i love is that i now eat healthier now than before.

before now, bread and coke was a major part of my daily meal. sometimes i eat that for lunch and then dinner.

most times, i'd spent #150 on bread and #150 on coke making it #300.

or i'd eat outside. most times i buy fufu of #100 and then meat of #50 and i'll be okay. its benue state so the food was quite okay.

coming to the present, bread of #150 can no longer satisfy me as it is now so small. Nowadays, i'll need around #300 just for bread.

it seems like the sellers these days dont even know how much to sell the bread again. ..sometimes its #250 sometimes its #350.

and fufu nowadays cost #200 (300 if you really want to be satisfied) and meat is 100.

one day i sat down and thought it would be much more cost effective if i start cooking more and buying less.

well it turns out to be so. nowadays i spend only about 1k-1.3k per week on feeding. i use the money to prepare both soup and stew for the week. since i already have rice and garri i do not factor those in.

my market list often goes like this:

stew:

tomato #500
pepper #100
onion #100 or #50
meat #200 or #250 (those mallam recognize us as student...they call it student meat)
crayfish #50

and for soup:

ogbono #150
kpomo #200
crayfish #100
leaf #100

I buy palm oil and groundnut oil with maggi in bulk. so its once in a way.

i'm not the best cook but i found out i recently love cooking and have experimenting. I'm always watching youtube cook videos even when i'm cooking.

my friends dey laff me sometimes sha but me no send o. btw, nowadays i de cook stew die! still perfecting my soup skills sha.

Where you wan see Ogbono #150? The tin wey me dey buy #700 for North?

Abi dem dey cheat me?
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Premiumwriter2: 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
lebete3000:

Where you wan see Ogbono #150? The tin wey me dey buy #700 for North?

Abi dem dey cheat me?
dem no cheat you. Na different places we de.

But 700 plenty for Ogbono o
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Princeadebayo11(m): 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
bigcee:

10k a month? Bros, na suicide mission be that oh. Even 70g noodles is 70naira and spagh is 350naira. May God help you oh.
Naso my brother
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by viviangist: 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
Premiumwriter2:
Hello Nlders

Its no longer news that things are mightily expensive in the market especially food stuffs.

It is even harder for me and i believe a lot of other students included.

this has led me to changing my eating habit and surprisingly i seem to love it now more than ever before. dont get me wrong. ..i still detest the rising cost of living.

the part i love is that i now eat healthier now than before.

before now, bread and coke was a major part of my daily meal. sometimes i eat that for lunch and then dinner.

most times, i'd spent #150 on bread and #150 on coke making it #300.

or i'd eat outside. most times i buy fufu of #100 and then meat of #50 and i'll be okay. its benue state so the food was quite okay.

coming to the present, bread of #150 can no longer satisfy me as it is now so small. Nowadays, i'll need around #300 just for bread.

it seems like the sellers these days dont even know how much to sell the bread again. ..sometimes its #250 sometimes its #350.

and fufu nowadays cost #200 (300 if you really want to be satisfied) and meat is 100.

one day i sat down and thought it would be much more cost effective if i start cooking more and buying less.

well it turns out to be so. nowadays i spend only about 1k-1.3k per week on feeding. i use the money to prepare both soup and stew for the week. since i already have rice and garri i do not factor those in.

my market list often goes like this:

stew:

tomato #500
pepper #100
onion #100 or #50
meat #200 or #250 (those mallam recognize us as student...they call it student meat)
crayfish #50

and for soup:

ogbono #150
kpomo #200
crayfish #100
leaf #100

I buy palm oil and groundnut oil with maggi in bulk. so its once in a way.

i'm not the best cook but i found out i recently love cooking and have experimenting. I'm always watching youtube cook videos even when i'm cooking.

my friends dey laff me sometimes sha but me no send o. btw, nowadays i de cook stew die! still perfecting my soup skills sha.

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by lebete3000: 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
Premiumwriter2:
dem no cheat you. Na different places we de.

But 700 plenty for Ogbono o

I go snap pictures when I reach my base...
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Drizzy5001(m): 2:30am On Sep 18, 2021
Abeg, na which Benue state wey Una dey buy a plate of fufu @₦200 naira biko? No be the same Benue wey I dey stop at, to eat, each time I'm traveling on my way to Yola, @₦700 in Zaki-biam
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by EcheijaOne(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2021
If looking for a way to make extra money on university campus, I would advise to start a buying and reselling of both new and used items on campus.

People that started this business a long time ago can really testify to what I'm saying.

So If you're a student on any campus in Nigeria, I want to show you a way to sell the items faster and much easier.

You see we created this online marketplace for students on campus so we can easily sell our used items or even new items (for those of us into the business)

It is very easy to post an item for sale on the website, so you can visit www.percampus.com today and start selling right away.

Students on my campus FUT MINNA have already started using it.
��

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by olioxx(m): 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Take note of the editing.
That's how costly things are over here. As for the rice, maybe na me dey chop low-quality rice. Where do you live, bro?

Ikorodu West
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
olioxx:

Ikorodu West

Okay.
I stay in Ibadan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maggi Family Menu: / Why Do I Purge After Eating Nkwobi Or Goat Head? / What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.