Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

"IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu (12737 Views)

Masquerade Kneels, Begs Buhari To Free Nnamdi Kanu (Pix, Video) / Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam / Don’t Allow Looters Hijack 2019 Elections, ANN Olawepo Hashim Urges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by bilms(m): 9:10am On Sep 15, 2021
*Ipob must renounce violence, as Olawepo Hashim urges FG to free Nnamdi Kanu*

A cheiftain of ruling All Progressive Congress and former presidential candidate, Mr Gbenga Olawepo Hashim has called on the federal government to consider releasing all seperatist agitators, including Nnamdi Kanu, as president Muhammadu Buhari initiate measure to restore peace in South East.

The business man also said that the condition for such action would be for the agitators to renounce all kind of violence, noting that violence will always produce a bad result.

Full statement

GPMB’s VISIT TO IMO AND THE OPPORTUNITY FOR PEACE AND RAPPROCHEMENT

On Thursday 9th of September, three Nigerians emerged on top at the occasion of the visit of president Muhammadu Buhari to Owerri, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR), the host, Governor Hope Uzodinma, and the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Ambassador George Obiozor. The visit was a risky bet for the trio. For PMB, I am not sure he expected everyone to roll out their drums for him, but he received a vast crowd of party supporters who are his political troops in the South East.

He made the right statement, clad in Igbo attire, and not cutting the picture of the conqueror of the Igbos that some had painted him in. He delivered it straight and simple: the Igbos have no reason to be out of Nigeria and Nigeria needs the enterprising input of Ndigbo.IPOB by her sit- at- home order which was effective in the streets proved they were on ground.

Governor Uzodinma did the good work of a facilitator to set the stage and has won for himself a huge seat as a peacemaker. George Obiozor, an experienced diplomat, who had once headed the Nigeria Institute for International Affairs (NIIA) and was Nigeria’s representative to United Nations after a distinguished diplomatic career, lived to his billing. He spoke the way elders should speak, making demands without being rude. We cannot take it away from the critics of APC Government that they will have their own interpretation of the speeches, but the impact of this visit cannot be diminished. We have been presented with the opportunity for peace in the South East, given the true window for rapprochement between belligerent forces and the sovereign representatives of a Federal State. This has opened the stage for the re-set of relationships.

The elders of Igbo land know better what war means than the young men who have only read it in books and watched it in movies. They know that is not a direction to face. I have been to testy spots in the world such as the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) Demarcation line at Pan Mun Jom, between North and South Korea, in a solidarity March with Lim Su-kyung in July 1989. She was a South Korean student leader then, who was known as a flower for reunification at the 13th World Festival of Youth and Students, held in Pyongyang, North Korea. I attended as one of delegates of All-Africa Student Union (AASU). On our way down, we saw first-hand evidence of the carnage of the Korean war and the aftermath. Nuclear arsenals pointing towards the two Koreas and the dividing army of a superpower United States. At any mistake, hundreds of thousands can evaporate in seconds, including the solidarity marchers.

The second time I visited similar spot was in Syria, before the war broke out, and it was the funeral of Hafez al-Assad “the lion of the dessert”, who is the father of the current Syrian president. I was on the delegation of the Federal Government, led by the then Foreign Affairs Minister Sule Lamido. From the airport where we were picked to the hotel, we saw mourners crying in the streets, in their thousands, in unison, mourning their departed hero. In the evening, the Nigerian Ambassador to Syria, Ambassador Abdul Ganiyu, came to give us some briefing that the wailing should not sway us on the streets. He added Damascus was tense and that several things have happened in Damascus capable of leading to war.

In the morning, they gathered all Foreign visitors in a hall to pay our respect to Hafez al-Assad. To my left was Robin Cook, former British Foreign Secretary, and to my right was Benazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister of Pakistan. The rest is history. How I wish there was a power on Earth capable of acting on Ambassador Abdul Ganiyu’s warning, as it would have spared Syria millions of deaths.
Thank God for elders like Obiozor leading Ndigbo now and a sensible Governor as Uzodinma and with the disposition of president Muhammadu Buhari, there is a genuine opportunity for peace in the East.

We can expect the mechanism already created by the facilitators to include an agenda for discussion of all items that may lead to the release of the unidentified youths from detention, which I believe includes Nnamdi Kanu. The state, through the attorney general, has the power of nolle prosequi for crimes in the intent of peace and stability. I guess one condition for peace will be for the youths to renounce violence, as every self-respecting government will make that a condition. This is the route we need.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=384598346557729&id=100050227010971

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by bilms(m): 9:10am On Sep 15, 2021
Pic

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by loveth360(f): 9:55am On Sep 15, 2021
Ipob is a peaceful organisation which every reasonable person knows.

Even in the face of provocation by nigeria security.they remain peaceful.

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by BKayy: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
As for the allegations of Violence from IPOB and complains from Nigeria media, let me tell you all the truth;
"If IPOB is really bad to us, you Nigerians won't be the ones complaining.
If the Sit-at-home is really killing Igbo Economy, you Nigerians that blocked our Ports since the past 52 Years definitely won't be the ones complaining

120 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by McOluOmo: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
U have spoken well, Nigeria remains one till further notice.....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by tega192(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
Am not from Igbo but am proud of that region , thank God the stupid yoruba people are now wise , keep supporting one Nigeria until they start cooking your children for meal in the coming years , Nigeria can't never be one ,Islam and Christian's can never mix ,north and south are two different entity

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
HMM. i pray oo. they will rather free Abubakar Shekau, headsmen, Banditry< ISIS, Alqaida and Gumi than to free Nnamdi Kanu

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Wetin be ipoldb oga mod

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by teeboy100(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
bilms:
Pic
The Broom cost 300k
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Jeremy123(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Will they concur?
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Sleyk: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ok....self defence is tag violence abi..... before the raise of the dragon flag, was ipob not peaceful, protesting and the government is killing them in mass?.... Pls everyone who fails to speak out the truth, it shall never be well with them.

28 Likes

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
IPOB is not violent! Next

26 Likes

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by erimmy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hey guys. I earned dollars daily. You can too. You get paid for testing apps, voicing your opinion and posting on social media. It's just that easy. Sign up with my link for a $50 bonus instantly! https://share.socialrebel.co/Erimmy

It's free.
Check my signature
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Christiansen(m): 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
MNK is a terrorist and should not be released
But then I realized what the fg are doing to Boko haram and fulani terrorists. MNK should be released and given amnesty. Give him 2 carton of indomie and send him to the village called south east. Also give him conditions to never use phone and to never show his face on public places. I'm sure he'll be happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by iHart(m): 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Check your heading

2 Likes

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by InHeaven(m): 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
This girl.

What's peaceful in slaughtering whoever go against Ipob Terrorist wish?

Beheading, lynching alleged saboteur and destroying public properties.
loveth360:

Nkitara:
But you are not Igbo, what's your business sir? All these COWS shaa
Run along dear Nkita

8 Likes

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Bishop4real: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
loveth360:

Story for the gods. How can an organization whose leader openly boasted of going to behead a sitting president f a sovereign nation be termed peaceful? How can such an organization that openly threaten those opposed to their ideology with deaths be termed peaceful? Abeg, tell us another story

4 Likes

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Nonpartisan1: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
What about the hundreds of people he and his terrorists group murdered? This man is a useless clown..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Dottore: 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ok
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by orohbiro(f): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
A
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by CNiro: 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ipob is a peaceful organization.

10 Likes

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by yyba: 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Stupid man where were you when the terrorist NNAMDI KANU was busy ordering his fellow terrorists to kill innocents nigerians ? I thought mr HASHIM you are an elder statesman that means well for nigeria and nigerians

1 Like

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
grin
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Earlystar698(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
IPOB is a peaceful international organisation, those attributing violence to ipob need their number 6 checked, as for MNK he isn't afraid of prison, he's a determined soul.

God bless him

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by orohbiro(f): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
CNiro:
Ipob is a peaceful organization.
is this man holdering any government position he always look executive to me
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Gamer999: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
H
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Jolexe: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ohh

Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by Lamasta(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
If they are peaceful we will support them
Re: "IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu by money121(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite Winning Online Poll, Saraki Not Interested In PDP Chairmanship- Source / Cynthia’s Murder: Hotel Workers Sacked For Negligence / Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.