Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,267 members, 7,839,345 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians (13281 Views)

2023 Elections: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians. See Reactions / Tinubu To Lagosians: Be Calm, Maintain The Peace / Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Nieshay: 10:19am On Sep 15, 2021
Cool
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by ikorodureporta: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2021
Make una give us never first or else we no want
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Skyehigher1: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2021
Good
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by mystery22: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2021
Good move if only it will become reality,states like rivers,imo and akwa ibom should to selling electricity to others
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by vickydevoka(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2021
As light de de so, na illegal de sweet pass
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by AgentGoat: 10:29am On Sep 15, 2021
alizma:
I have said it several times, there is nothing like power failure in Nigeria. Share prepaid metre to every household and see dramatic change in electricity supply.

Really?
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Emma1Oj(m): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2021
If u wan enjoy light for Lagos state come to Ikorodu... Those pple they enjoy light no be small...
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by wellmax(m): 10:34am On Sep 15, 2021
Lagos seems to be the only working state in Nigeria
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by SmartyPants(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2021
alizma:
I have said it several times, there is nothing like power failure in Nigeria. Share prepaid metre to every household and see dramatic change in electricity supply.

Please share some more light on how this solves the problem. Is it that electricity is being mismanaged at the household level?
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by yemmight(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2021
This one, other state will be running after Sanwo-Olu for tutorial.
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Jerryherd: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2021
If not for the National grid policy, Lagos can comfortably power itself and Oyo State

Sanwo-Olu knows what an average street Lagosians want

1 Like

Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by vandersave: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2021
Kerosene people shouting at what cost. grin grin grin
Kreamie:
At what cost?

1 Like

Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Okoroawusa: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2021
If this is what it means to be Tinubu's slave then I am loving it.
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by kenodrill: 10:52am On Sep 15, 2021
Betece:
Sanwo olu is arguably the best governor in africa why did I say this?
I've documented, connected and pontificated carefully at the bypass blazingly oozing and reigniting at the recent happenings in Lagos, Nigeria.
I have come to a candid conclusion, emancipation and derivation that he is an excellent, persistent, convenient and intent individual, without saying much Sanwo Olu is a God sent to the Yoruba race .
Peace out !!

Bros abeg who make you vex

1 Like

Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by alizma: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2021
SmartyPants:

Please share some more light on how this solves the problem. Is it that electricity is being mismanaged at the household level?
The distribution/transmission companies are not the same as generating companies, the transmission companies are not buying everything that is being generated for transmission, they only buy little part of what is generated, then share it among the people for a little period while keeping the people in dark for the large period of the day, at the end of the month they will share bill to houses base on estimate bill and make billions. And because they don't buy all that is generated, those generating electricity are not encourage to generate more.
Once there is prepaid metre everywhere, you don't need to ask for light in Nigeria, it become normal business, you paid for what you use, no light no payment.
When was the last time you call MTN, Glo or 9mobile to tell them that there is no network in your area? That is because if there is no network there will be no income from that area whereas they have staff to pay at the end of the month.
The generating companies are also benefitting from it because that is where the investment go to with the thought that the problem is that of generation, the more there is erratic Power supply, the more money/support the generating companies get.
Have you also not noticed that areas that are 80% metered enjoy stable electricity supply than others?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Tremple8v: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2021
You cant be lagos state governor and not deliver, And you cant compare lagos stake allocation to others . So the money is there already and you need to deliver or get bleeped.
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Smashspesh(m): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2021
Emma1Oj:
If u wan enjoy light for Lagos state come to Ikorodu... Those pple they enjoy light no be small...

Which Ikorodu is that? Same Ikorodu that haven't had 3hrs light for the past two months.

I even ran to Agege and the story even worse.

Make una dey mumu unasef.
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by alizma: 11:03am On Sep 15, 2021
AgentGoat:

Really?
Yes
When was the last time you called MTN or glo to tell them that their mast in your area is down, do you know why? Because it's pay as you use, no service, no payment.
In as much as government and the masses continue to entertain estimated bill, 100years to this time, the lies about epileptic power supply will not stop but share prepaid metre between now and December to every household and Nigerian will start enjoying average minimum supply of 10hours light per day from February next year
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by ObalaEmma: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2021
RichDad1:
Lagos the envy of so many bad belle people in naija.
your mumu don do
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Queenserah26(f): 11:12am On Sep 15, 2021
Nice one
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by bankylan: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2021
People will come online and speak authoritatively about what they know nothing about. Is prepaid meter the solution to the power problem in Nigeria? How does prepaid meters being installed that can't even pass my integrity test bring about improved supply as you said.......No correlation.

The only thing meter does is to ensure that you pay for what you consume and you are also able to manage your consumption very well. This has nothing to do with having an efficient energy and capacity markets, a defined imbalance markets, procurement of ancillary services, respect for contracts, network upgrade and network planning, reduction of ATC&C loss, and efficient regulatory framework.

Why is Lagos State buying meters? Why are they bailing Ikeja Electric out in their primary duties? What available capacity are they buying from Sahara- the owner of Egbin that is not contracted to NBET presently. If this deal is subjected to scrutiny, one may discover a lot of things.

If Lagos State wants to be an Eligible Customer, are the conditions met with NERC? Are there no outstanding debts to IE and Eko Disco from agencies of the state?

Granted they want to help the citizens with 'free meters'..........Can they allow 3rd parties to carry out an integrity test on these meters?

Who owns Ikeja Electric, who owns Egbin- [Sahara], who 'owns' Lagos?.........Vertical integration!!!!!!!!!!! I am watching!!!!!

alizma:
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by SmartyPants(m): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2021
alizma:

The distribution/transmission companies are not the same as generating companies, the transmission companies are not buying everything that is being generated for transmission, they only buy little part of what is generated, then share it among the people for a little period while keeping the people in dark for the large period of the day, at the end of the month they will share bill to houses base on estimate bill and make billions. And because they don't buy all that is generated, those generating electricity are not encourage to generate more.
Once there is prepaid metre everywhere, you don't need to ask for light in Nigeria, it become normal business, you paid for what you use, no light no payment.
When was the last time you call MTN, Glo or 9mobile to tell them that there is no network in your area? That is because if there is no network there will be no income from that area whereas they have staff to pay at the end of the month.
The generating companies are also benefitting from it because that is where the investment go to with the thought that the problem is that of generation, the more there is erratic Power supply, the more money/support the generating companies get.
Have you also not noticed that areas that are 80% metered enjoy stable electricity supply than others?

Makes sense. Why hasn't this been done all the while??
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by bankylan: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2021
Please delete this. This is GROSS misinformation. TCN does not buy from generating companies. NBET buys. The Discos have distribution constraints. Ikeja electric for example does not have capacity for 1000MW. Their allocated load as contained in the vesting contract is barely 600MW.
Generating companies are owed billions of naira because NBET can not pay, NBET can not pay because Discos collection efficiency is below 65% on the average while their remittance is below 30% to NBET. Gencos can't even pay gas suppliers because of this debt.
The people enjoy power like Magodo and Omole have willing buyer , willing seller contracts with IE. It is called premium power. It is robbing Peter to pay Paul. They deny Olowwora people light and supply Omole because they can collect revenue better from Omole. The problem will be clear when just 20 more estates sign up for premium power. No other Discos does this apart from Ikeja because of ther relationship with Egbin [ same owner].

Hey, talk about what you understand ooooo. Mind you, this is my industry.

alizma:

1 Like

Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by georgeakins: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
I dey get light more than 18 hours in my area which is okay by me. But the issue is the cost of a unit which is N50.
They should reduce it to N25 or lower.

I don't need 24 hour electricity supply
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Newton85: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
ogododo:

20,000 meters to Alimosho, na only Alimosho poor people dey, come Ajelogo, Iwaya, Makoko. Na campaign bobo be dat. PHCN go still swindle.
If you actually read the article, you'd realize that Alimosho is just being used as the "pilot phase."
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Newton85: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
bankylan:
People will come online and speak authoritatively about what they know nothing about. Is prepaid meter the solution to the power problem in Nigeria? How does prepaid meters being installed that can't even pass my integrity test bring about improved supply as you said.......No correlation.

The only thing meter does is to ensure that you pay for what you consume and you are also able to manage your consumption very well. This has nothing to do with having an efficient energy and capacity markets, a defined imbalance markets, procurement of ancillary services, respect for contracts, network upgrade and network planning, reduction of ATC&C loss, and efficient regulatory framework.

Why is Lagos State buying meters? Why are they bailing Ikeja Electric out in their primary duties? What available capacity are they buying from Sahara- the owner of Egbin that is not contracted to NBET presently. If this deal is subjected to scrutiny, one may discover a lot of things.

If Lagos State wants to be an Eligible Customer, are the conditions met with NERC? Are there no outstanding debts to IE and Eko Disco from agencies of the state?

Granted they want to help the citizens with 'free meters'..........Can they allow 3rd parties to carry out an integrity test on these meters?

Who owns Ikeja Electric, who owns Egbin- [Sahara], who 'owns' Lagos?.........Vertical integration!!!!!!!!!!! I am watching!!!!!

I think what he means is that if everyone has prepaid meters, the power companies would be pushed to make power constant, as the more prepaid meters holders make use of their meters, the more money for the power companies. Epileptic power means less use of the prepaid meters and less money for the power companies. That's at least what I got from his argument. And I think he makes sense.
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by alizma: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
bankylan:
Please delete this. This is GROSS misinformation. TCN does not buy from generating companies. NBET buys. The Discos have distribution constraints. Ikeja electric for example does not have capacity for 1000MW. Their allocated load as contained in the vesting contract is barely 600MW.
Generating companies are owed billions of naira because NBET can not pay, NBET can not pay because Discos collection efficiency is below 65% on the average while their remittance is below 30% to NBET. Gencos can't even pay gas suppliers because of this debt.
The people enjoy power like Magodo and Omole have willing buyer , willing seller contracts with IE. It is called premium power. It is robbing Peter to pay Paul. They deny Olowwora people light and supply Omole because they can collect revenue better from Omole. The problem will be clear when just 20 more estates sign up for premium power. No other Discos does this apart from Ikeja because of ther relationship with Egbin [ same owner].

You have said a little different from what I said probably because is your industry as you mentioned but that little is not enough to wiped out what I said but rather support my points that the problem is not to generate but to get it evenly to the people. Whether one company is owing the other or not, let them share prepaid metre and all this your stories will fizzled out. I was expecting you to say there will be no light even if prepaid metres are distributed to every household then you will explain why areas with prepaid metres have more stable light than areas without prepaid metres
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by Newton85: 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
bankylan:

What is "premium power"?
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by alizma: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
bankylan:

To you there is no correlation but can you please tell us the correlation that made areas with prepaid metre to enjoy more stable light than areas without prepaid metres?
Re: Lagos & Sahara Power Partner On Power Supply To Lagosians by baroun04(m): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
jeyijob405:
Good
Payment before or after

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Foreign Medical Trips For Public Office Holders - The Guardian / Adopt Consensus To Avoid Dollar Rain, APC Chieftain Urges Party / Benefits Of A Disintegrated Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.