Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! (40574 Views)

Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo / FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives MARCA Legend Award In Spain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Christiansen(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

Gary dint make a fool of himself... carahgar was the one that made a fool of himself.... Ronaldo is a brand.... he is breaking records everywhere...stop beefing

Why then did he say Harry Kane who hasn't scored any goal this season if far better than Tap-in-Aldo?
Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Kingcalls: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
Christiansen:

I'm not pained pls.

grin grin grin...only haters will jump on Ronaldo's thread trying to justify foolishness... is he the only football player?? Live and let live

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by ThierryJay: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
jaxxy:

If Marca’s aim was to exalt Messi they did a terrible job. I read unprofessional and disgraceful piece with shame for the idiots.

Marca is a Spanish tabloid long known for supporting Ronaldo and everything connected with Real Madrid. And they raised valid points. Why would a highly reputable media like Skysports outrightly lie or misrepresent statistics a whopping 3 times! just to project a particular player? That smacks of extreme unprofessionalism and I'm sure their management will be red-faced over the backlash from the PR debacle.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Kingcalls: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Christiansen:

Why then did he say Harry Kane who hasn't scored any goal this season if far better than Tap-in-Aldo?

And u say u are not a hater grin... another bitter messi minion... I dont respond to bitter trolls cis u guys hv the I.Q of a rat
Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Christiansen(m): 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Upjis:

Fools and trash talking ,you idiots are older or even his mate but he's 200 times richer famously famous more than you haters

Make money so hate won't kill you fools

The people you are blasting are currently richer than you and your generation too. undecided
Also, you're a caveman who lives in this zoo called country
As an African that you are, you should look after yourself and stop defending someone that doesn't even know of your existence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Omoluabi16:
If marca is a Madrid based media, then they are still sore he left. I just find the article very odd. There's lot of football news in Spain to report on.There's bale or hazard to bully.
Yeah true but they are still a media company and can report any football stuff

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Christiansen(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

And u say u are not a hater grin... another bitter messi minion... I dont respond to bitter trolls cis u guys hv the I.Q of a rat

I could recall you calling messi dwarf and pessi.
I guess the word "hater" can also be attributed to you.

Meanwhile hate is a strong word so I doubt if I hate him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Raalsalghul: 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
Rantings of Fraudssi fanboys, why am I not surprised? grin grin grin grin

The wailing just started.

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
gistray:

He won highest goal scorer

Seria A best player

Seria A cup
Coppa Italia

Every domestic cup there is

All what you listed above he's already won before.

What else you want from him Ewu?
You asked for the awards he did not win in Juventus and I mentioned them.

It doesn't matter if he has won them million times but he did not win them in Juventus.

I wonder why una too like abuse, simple answer to your question you don de misbehave.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by gurunlocker: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
ChristineC:
why not write about your own achievements? how is the attention affecting you and Marca?
what exactly are you waiting patiently for?
go and sleep.

I'm not competing or obsessed with anyone, so my achievements is of no matter to you.

Just go back to my post and read slowly, you will understand.... The media hyping him today, will hit him hard by December. Let's wait!

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by azpekuliar: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

Gary dint make a fool of himself... carahgar was the one that made a fool of himself.... Ronaldo is a brand.... he is breaking records everywhere...stop beefing

Gary made a fool of himself when he said Messi has no major international trophy

3 Likes

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by gurunlocker: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
Christiansen:

Well said. Like I told someone earlier, Ronaldo moving to England would be the last straw.
Epl is the most watched league in the world. The media's and pundits in there are extremely retarďed.

If he impresses very well, which I doubt he's gonna do, then good for him.
He'll be watched by almost everyone who follows football from all continents. The media's would hype him.

But if somehow on the long wrong, he gets exposed like the fraud that he is, millions of people are gonna be aware of it since they all watch their live matches and it's also the most followed League.

The pundits who are currently dićkriding him are gonna criticize every living thing out of him.

Man utd just shot themselves in the foot when they purchased him. If they hadn't signed Ronaldo this summer, they would've signed haaland in the next for nothing more than $60m. But it isn't gonna be the case since Ronaldo is gonna be with them for 2 years with option to even extend.

The players at united would all now start searching for cr7 with all their passes which is going to affect the team severely as with juventus.

United fans should enjoy this very moment as they're currently playing and winning against the likes of Newcastle. Come October, they'll be playing Leicester, Liverpool, man city, arsenal, Chelsea etc. I believe Ronaldo would get exposed and his true quality whether still good or now bad shown to the world in that month.

For now, they should enjoy while it lasts
We'll wait

I think you are the only one that understand my point.... In fact, bravo boss!

I'm not saying he would fail, but Ronaldo is not consistent like before and it won't affect only him, but also the team in general.

Just imagine someone coming to the team just last week, and the media already saying he has changed the way other team mates eat? He is motivating them? See him trying to pull the Euro 2016 coaching plug yesterday as well..... Dude live for showing off which I understand is good for his brand. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Kingcalls: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
azpekuliar:

Gary made a fool of himself when he said Messi has no major international trophy

Copa follow for trophy?? The cheapest most disorganised tournament in the world
Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by jaxxy(m): 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
ThierryJay:

Marca is a Spanish tabloid long known for supporting Ronaldo and everything connected with Real Madrid. And they raised valid points. Why would a highly reputable media like Skysports outrightly lie or misrepresent statistics a whopping 3 times! just to project a particular player? That smacks of extreme unprofessionalism and I'm sure their management will be red-faced over the backlash from the PR debacle.

Marca is very stupid and biased obviously. Did u not read the lousy piece filled with bias and no sound point. Why didn’t Marca write about Messi if they are this jobless?

Both sky and Marca are biased bt Marca was completely unprofessional, just to bring a player down. No single objectivity.

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by princewarri1985: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
The 2 beautiful goals ronaldo scored with his head for portugal 2 weeks back is also taping abi? BITTERLEAF FC una well done! You all should watch as Ronaldo wins the golden boot this season

2 Likes

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by azpekuliar: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

Noo e no follow.. na one month South American under-17 soccer camp

2 Likes

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by ChristineC: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
gurunlocker:

I'm not competing or obsessed with anyone, so my achievements is of no matter to you.

Just go back to my post and read slowly, you will understand.... The media hyping him today, will hit him hard by December. Let's wait!
I'm sure this is the first time Ronaldo has been in the media.
what the hell is hype? you guys bandy words poorly and grossly out of context to sound brilliant.
the man's achievements speaks louder than any "hype".
Ronaldo is even a bigger brand than Marca lol. wtf is a Marca anyways smh

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by gurunlocker: 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

Seems people like you don't understand how hard Copa America is?

Let me tell you if you will understand, those guys in SA play like mad people, they don't care who you are, they will break your leg.... It's fvcking hard to win man!

South American cup is like African cup, where it's hard to play smaller team, even if you will beat them, they will injure you.

Compare it to Euro that is very organized because of their environment, money, publicity and all.... And they play clean football, unlike those in SA or Africa.

You know how easy it is to score in Euro competition compared to Africa or America? That's another one... The worst team in South Can beat the best team in Euro or at least 1-0 loss.

But dem no born Andorra to beat Paraguay or Venezuela..... You grab?

Go and check Ronaldo stat against South American teams and come back to me.

If it's easy to score, Pele won't have 76 goals.

5 Likes

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by gurunlocker: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
Reference:

It is you that doesn't get the point.
Like most who were running round in the past comparing the EPL to Laliga, the English have been clear since the birth of the Premiership in 1992 that it is A SHOW.

And a show it has been ever since complete with all the hype and eye candy professional sports can offer. That is why we watch it. For the drama and the actors, for the scripts you cannot get anywhere else. It is that popularity that hurts and enrages others so much. Because they have said against the english game time and again and I quote, 'that is not how the game is to be played'

I watch and have watched all the leagues in the developed world and there is nothing near the Premiership. Just watch the LaLiga preview shows on DSTV and tell me if you will not fall asleep. All they talk about is weaknesses, faults, inadequacies in search of perfection. Sure they win all the continental trophies but how many teams outside the top 3 are watchable on a recurrent basis....

Please they should leave the Premiership alone and let the 'English Hype' be. They are getting the aspect of growing their brand right and this is reflected in their teams still able to command considerable resources despite the financial difficulties of our time.

If you donot like it cancel your subscription, but I bet you cannot. What else is there to watch..... Laliga.... I laugh...

You are talking about show, we are talking about English Media hype.... I'm not arguing that EPL isn't the best, who doesn't know that? Everything is there....

But imagine the hype? That's what you don't understand and reason why I gave example of their local players. But you are talking about show here.

2 Likes

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Eddie4God(m): 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
DrOBD:

It was written by Conor Clancy, a very strong Messi fan.
Okay, no wonder,
nevertheless, he is right about some points, specifically d way English media overhype their players & downgrade other leagues own. What skysport did on Monday was too obviously biased & unprofessional regardless if you support Ronaldo or Messi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by ThierryJay: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Marca is very stupid and biased obviously. Did u not read the lousy piece filled with bias and no sound point. Why didn’t Marca write about Messi if they are this jobless?

Both sky and Marca are biased bt Marca was completely unprofessional, just to bring a player down. No single objectivity.

They were not bringing Ronaldo down, they were only calling out Sky and other English media for going beyond the ethics of sound journalism to ass-lick a player.

Marca did not lie in its article, it was Sky & co that lied and went over their heads. You yourself think about it.

We know it's indisputable that CR is one of the best players of all time, but why would English tabloids be denigrating other Man U players as if they are trash just because CR is now there? Isnt this the same players that demolished Leeds United 6-0 or so without CR? and won a difficult game away against Wolves without him? Why throw all professional objectivity out of the window all because they are in love with CR?

The only point you can pin on Marca here is that the style of expression was a bit all over the place rather than professionally concise, but despite that everything said there rings true.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by goddons50: 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
ThierryJay:
Buhahaha, so the circus has been exposed by Marca, a tabloid that is known to support CR and everything associated with Real Madrid.

Lewandowski has 10 goals in his last 6 games. Halaand has over 6 goals in his last 3 games, Mbappe has 4 goals in last 3 games, Benzema has 4 goals in last 2 games, Lukaku has the same 3 goals in last 2 games as CR, yet Man Utd fans and Gary Dumbville were doing as if Ronaldo's exploits were a never seen before phenomenon with pundits throwing objectivity out of the window and projecting outright lies!. Excuse me, at 36 years of age Quadrigella scored 36 goals in Serie A in 2019 to trump the younger Ronaldo, yet there was no hype.

CR's impact at Man U will be judged at the end of the season and not after 3 goals against sub-par opponents. For now, he isnt even among the top 5 strikers in Europe.

Pendumbos in the mud grin

SOCIAL MEDIA SHAAAAA GO MAKE PEOPLE CRY UNTOP ANOTHER PEOPLE MATTER...I PITY PEOPLE LIKE U.... SO THAT'S HOW U WILL KEEP CRYING UNTILL RONALDO RETIRES FROM FOOTBALL AND EVEN AFTER FOOTBALL....AM NOT EVEN TALKING ABT D NORMAL DAY 2 DAY ACTIVITIES THAT MAKES U CRY AT UR HOME.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

KAI.. SHOULD RONALDO MAKE HEAVEN WILL LOOK LIKE OJORO...NO B DIS GUY WAY DY MAKE US CRY FOR EARTH EVERYDAY....HOW E TAKE MAKE HEAVEN.....

ANYWAYS......DRY SEASON IS FAST APPROACHING AND WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE U TO CRY SO WATER WILL NOT B A PROBLEM...

PLS DON'T STOP CRYING BECAUSE AM BENEFITING FROM IT...

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by oyatainer(m): 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Omoluabi16:
It's like people are forgetting he is 36. Let that sink in. I wonder why people must put Ronaldo down to exalt messi. Very pointless and distasteful from marca. This article is from a place of pain. They're probably messi fanboys crying because he's getting the spotlight.

But it's not disgraceful when Skysport said Ronaldo has two international titles but Messi has none? It's not disgraceful when they said Messi has 3 Champions league but Ronaldo has 5?

Where is your sense of judgment when they paddled all records to favor Ronaldo because he scored Newcastle but downgraded Messi who just played 20 minutes for Psg?

You hype is the reason United has been horrible for a decade now. You think only English press know how to ridicule?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by unbitchable(m): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by Lexv(m): 7:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
English press and their hype...

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by goodheart02(m): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
unbitchable:
The English media is trying hard to repackage the old fraud with the highest form of exaggeration. Gary Neville is a member of the old cult of Manchester United that used media influence to get rid of Mourinho and brought in another member of the cult
of '99 in Ole as a replacement. Despite Ole's shortcomings, to them, he is the best thing after slice bread. Ronaldo being a member of the cult is also enjoying the image laundry despite struggling in the bottom ten of world footballers for the last four seasons.
Throughout his time with Juve, he never made the podium of top 3 and no hope he would make it staying at Juve. So, he had to leave angrily to England, hoping the English press would come to his rescue despite his poor performances.

Oh yes! I knew i will see u here crying as usual. Yeye Messi fan. Whether u like it or YES, Ronaldo will always have the spotlight... u can cry me a river... Lol
Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by goodheart02(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
fourboys:
Soon Manchester fans will realize that Ronaldo is a luxury problem waiting to explode ... He only stand for tapin

Modified:: pls all man u fans should chill and stop quoting me, have u ask urselves this question, why did juve kicked Ronaldo out in that manner?? Come on the guy is 5times balon d'or winner why??

Ans: He doesn't do build up plays, current world class coaches cannot sign Ronaldo, he only wait for TAPINS

And what is happening to Juventus now?? What is their position on the table and how many many matches have they won since CR7 left. The last time they won a match was with Ronaldo featured
Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by goodheart02(m): 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
elhafeez:
Skysport would take one hour discussing about Ronaldo every week like he is the best thing to happen to football.
Manchester United should be Renamed as Ronaldo United. The Obsession of the English Press is annoying

because it's not about Messi right?? Mtcheeew
Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by izombie(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
I love Ronaldo but I had to change channel on Saturday because the build up and the actual match was all about Ronaldo. Analysts in the studio and the commentators kept talking about him it became irritating.

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by fourboys: 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
goodheart02:

And what is happening to Juventus now?? What is their position on the table and how many many matches have they won since CR7 left. The last time they won a match was with Ronaldo featured
they won their last match... Any idea... Man u??

1 Like

Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by deebrownneymar: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
They keep hating on the greatest of all time. Who God has blessed no slowpoke can cause
Re: MARCA: The Circus Around Cristiano Ronaldo In England Is Embarrassing! by gistray: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ucheosefoh:
You asked for the awards he did not win in Juventus and I mentioned them.

It doesn't matter if he has won them million times but he did not win them in Juventus.

I wonder why una too like abuse, simple answer to your question you don de misbehave.

Shurup.

.at least he won 80%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Cristiano Ronaldo / Remembering Sam Okwaraji: 31 Years After His Death / Three Suspends Sponsorship Of Chelsea With Logo To Be Removed From Shirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.