Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

This User Needs Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This User Needs Advice (667 Views)

Lady Needs Advice, He Dated Her For 7 Yrs Without Having Future Plans With Her / Evidence. This User Has Upto 59 Monikers / Twitter User Searching For Husband For Her 47-Year-Old Aunty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This User Needs Advice by Ritebabe(f): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Thanks for listening to me. Please my grammar might not be correct. Help me accept am like that

My story is a bit long o

I don't even know how to start writing it.

I'm going to be 28 soon, I finished my secondary school in year 2011, I didn't have my maths due to mass failure then, mind you am brilliant but things just turnout to be like that that year. even headboy and headgirl fail. so I have it in mind to resit for the examination, so before the next waec I wanted to work so as to gather some money, because my dad is can't afford to send me to school not to talk of paying for the examination as I knew after the secondary school all that is gonna happen is everyman for himself. so my first job was marketing which didn't pay me at all, my second job was working in an office as a catering supervisor, I also work in a some places sha, I know someone will be asking that, then why didn't you gather money to go back to school, write your examination and proceed to the university?

my brother and sister, my mom really tried, but there was so many many dept on ground that needs to be paid, so I help in paying some and you know how Lagos is now, some of your salary will go for transportation and other things. so since then I decided to just stay and look for something else to do.

so I found myself in the security industry, I started this work based on I want to gather some money. but same issue of not enough salary start choking me again. then from guard I was able to promoted to senior officer, then an opportunity came that year Babcock university came to partner with a big security company that year for seniors officer in the security industry to take a professional course. I enrolled, did the examination to be admitted into the professional course, I passed and was among the people given admission. so I was paying from part of my salary on installation, I did the certificate and then proceed to diploma. so since then I was relevant in my company working as a senior loss prevention officer. I resigned in my company when I didn't see the growth I want, I applied for a good position in another security company and also worked in a 5 star hotel in Lagos.
mind you I would have finally do the waec again o but the sadness of not passing it then is dragging me back and I couldn't leave my job to sit for a 30days examination.

so let me fast forward to 2020 during the covid I was going to work very well because I was giving the permit to move round. in Feb 2020 I resigned from the security industry and focused on my graphics design skill, sorry I didn't mention it on time, am bit good in designing, so when I was home in 2020 I saw an opportunity to learn a skill in a bootcamp which is PRODUCT DESIGN OR UI UX DESIGN, I enrolled, and was tested to see if I have a bit of technology savvy skill and I accepted to learn the skill. nobody even taught me how to use a computer all my life, I was just blessed to know about all this things, after the course which takes 6 hard months to learn. I got a job in a company to work as a junior UI UX designer and I'm earning well. though I do remove from my salary to repay my bootcamp fee which amount to almost 500k but am living fine and feeding well now. mind you I have done some so few professional courses online and passed in both digital marketing, and had taken Certificate courses on my product design skill and passed. online American Internet business school and so on.

now am thinking of the way to go. because am worried of not getting a degree, though my skill will always make me employable but I don't know another big company might want to get someone with the skill and a degree. so what should I do please. my waec is not still complete and no degree yet. so how do you think I should move on with my life. let's take the waec out first, I can even pay and get it done.
I will surely do that one and pass soon.
so I just look for how to be the best in what I do now or just look for how to get a degree maybe Noun university in or try and get a DLC?

thanks for your time .
Re: This User Needs Advice by Truvelisback(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
I didn't read ur long epistle to the end. My advice is that u shouldn't put all ur eggs in one basket. Get or learn an handwork. It could be tailoring,catering, etc. U should try and join force like Navy, Army or Airforce. Ur security certificate might be relevant to them.
Re: This User Needs Advice by Pweetiedude(m): 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Truvelisback:
I didn't read ur long epistle to the end. My advice is that u shouldn't put all ur eggs in one basket. Get or learn an handwork. It could be tailoring,catering, etc. U should try and join force like Navy, Army or Airforce. Ur security certificate might be relevant to them.
Guy you mean ooo
Re: This User Needs Advice by Truvelisback(m): 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
Pweetiedude:
Guy you mean ooo
Na how i take mean na? ladies no dey join too?
Re: This User Needs Advice by Ritebabe(f): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2021
Truvelisback:

Thanks for your advice but am not in the security industry anymore

Am an tech person now. A full time UX UI designer
Re: This User Needs Advice by dontrulee: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2021
Wow, that's great.
Ritababe, am glad you learned a skill and you're doing quite well at it. The economy of the world has shifted from industrial to skill economy. Many graduates out there are not even using their certificates because there is less job opportunity available now. You're 28 years old already, if you want to have a degree, fine. It will just be an added advantage. Go for what you want. Get your WAEC certificate and if you want to go to the University, no problem. The uni is a place of opportunity to learn and to grow, it will give you some experience about life. Just try to plan your life well and pray to God to order your steps. The Lord be with you. Amen
Re: This User Needs Advice by Truvelisback(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2021
Ritebabe:

Thanks for your advice but am not in the security industry anymore

Am an tech person now. A full time UX UI designer
hmmm, the cost of living in Nigeria is now very high. Is ur Waec result good? If yes, give the Nigerian force a try. E.g like Navy, Army and Airforce. Their earning is good.
Re: This User Needs Advice by dontrulee: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Also, I'll like to learn graphics designing from you. Thank you
Re: This User Needs Advice by Ritebabe(f): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
dontrulee:
Wow, that's great.
Ritababe, am glad you learned a skill and you're doing quite well at it. The economy of the world has shifted from industrial to skill economy. Many graduates out there are not even using their certificates because there is less job opportunity available now. You're 28 years old already, if you want to have a degree, fine. It will just be an added advantage. Go for what you want. Get your WAEC certificate and if you want to go to the University, no problem. The uni is a place of opportunity to learn and to grow, it will give you some experience about life. Just try to plan your life well and pray to God to order your steps. The Lord be with you. Amen

Thanks bro, I appreciate your words, it really sort my heart.

About you learning graphic design, its something you must develop a passion first before learning it. So you can learn by watching YouTube videos first then taking action immediately, by doing that you will learn fast. I mean pause and take action in between videos. Thank you
Re: This User Needs Advice by HDT13(m): 8:04am On Sep 18, 2021
My brother just go for more courses on your UX design be certified online base tho, if you want a degree make sure it's on management, it will secure you a seat on the adult table.
Re: This User Needs Advice by Ritebabe(f): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2021
HDT13:
My brother just go for more courses on your UX design be certified online base tho, if you want a degree make sure it's on management, it will secure you a seat on the adult table.

Thanks bro, I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Virginity Is Overrated / Reason Why Mercy Eke Is The Greatest Winner Of Big Brother Ninja / Cardi B Acquires New Home In New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.