Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

“I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals (3844 Views)

Pls Time To Remember Our Old Fellow Nairalanders / South African Lady Collects Her Husband’s Car From A Side Chic / "I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by iamyemiakins(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
A South African lady, Ifeyiwa Mkhize, has revealed that she intends to serve her husband like a king and won’t deviate from the old ways. Taking to her Facebook page, Ifeyiwa recounted how her mum treated her dad like a king in their home, even though he was a layman and a commoner. According to her, she observed that her dad felt loved and respected by her mom’s actions and it really inspired her.
Sharing a photo of a woman kneeling down to serve her husband, Ifeyiwa wrote:

This is literally how we grew up seeing our mothers serve our fathers and as soon as we were old enough, we were taught how to do it and to do it right. My father, a layman and commoner was served like a king in his home because that's exactly what he is. As soon as he walked in, I would take his jacket and shoes, hand him the remote and proceed to the kitchen to either tell my mom that he has confirmed that he is hungry or to fetch the warm water for him to wash his hands and wipe with a clean cloth. Sometimes my mother and I would pass each other on the passage as she carried the food on a tray or I'd go back and fetch everything.

I grew to love and enjoy this. I did it even on days when I was fuming at my dad, I did it with a wide smile suppressing my actual feelings. I did it on days when my mom was feeling lazy and my father, seeing the days that have passed since his wife served him he would ask "angisenamfazi yini lay'khaya? Ngalokhe ngineswa ingane" ���.

My dad loved it but he loved it more from his wife. This ke is the aspiration. I have no interest to move from our old ways. If being modern will deprive me of special moments, moments that make my man feel seen and acknowledged... ngithi nje chooo �����
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=671913487117268&id=100028958686381

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by iamyemiakins(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
Feminists going through the post like grin
[img]https://media./images/db10d3f0e109e0868fcc817897e457ac/tenor.gif[/img]

9 Likes

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by BBBmall25: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
Make saphire and co no see this post o o !
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by greenie77: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Since it makes her happy, let her continue.

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hmmm, nice. cheesycheesycheesy
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by BBBmall25: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mod pleas this should front page to remind most of our 9ja sisters their ethical duties at home_thanks!

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
Shebi women too are now working and contributing financially, so should there be need for this type of slavery when she's also a provider?

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by jmoore(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Before you condemn her, make sure you start condemning men who kneel down to propose. Treat the hypocrisy first!!

Her life, her choice.

4 Likes

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
Knees never pain you.

Fact is, all these cultural practices and demonstrations are not true sign of respect. Let the man upset her now and see how she'll react.

You can still show your husband respect without all these eye service display.

4 Likes

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by ImaIma1(f): 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
My mum didn't kneel down to serve my dad and they were married till death did them part.

Let everyone do what works for their marriage.

6 Likes

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by greenie77: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
BBBmall25:
Mod pleas this should front page to remind most of our 9ja sisters their ethical duties at home_thanks!

What is ethical about kneeling down? If you observed your mother kneeling down while serving your father food or water, then I guess it will be so normalized for your sister(s) to do same for her/their husband(s) and for you, a wife who would knee as your mum kneeled for your dad.

It is odd expecting a woman kneeling to serve her spouse when she was never socialized that way as it does not cut across all cultures.
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Richy4(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nowadays people wash hands on sinks...But I must say, that picture was breathtaking..

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by BBBmall25: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
greenie77:

What is ethical about kneeling down? If you observed your mother kneeling down while serving your father food or water, then I guess it will be so normalized for your sister(s) to do same for her/their husband(s) and for you, a wife who would knee as your mum kneeled for your dad.

It is odd expecting a woman kneeling to serve her spouse when she was never socialized that way.
Well, my opinion remains that a vast majority of our 9ja sisters need to travel back to the stone age. I tire for this indomie and sex generation
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by greenie77: 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
BBBmall25:
Well, my opinion remains that a vast majority of our 9ja sisters need to travel back to the stone age. I tire for this indomie and sex generation

No one is travelling back to the stone age, the present day is for all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by BBBmall25: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
greenie77:

No one is travelling back to the stone age, the present day is for all. cheesy
If I were u, I'll book available flight now to south africa and pay homage to the lady. Baby girl learn and stop this pseudo intellectual debate
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by greenie77: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
BBBmall25:
If I were u, I'll book available flight now to south africa and pay homage to the lady. Baby girl learn and stop this pseudo intellectual debate

Homage as my Lord and personal saviour? shocked I never saw my mother do the kneeling, why should I go pay homage to a stranger whose reality bears no meaning to mine?

I will equally advise you to book available flight now to Uganda and get the opportunity of enjoying ladies who derive their validation as good women by serving food in their bukas to their male customers while on their knees. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Kajaard: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Feminists going through the post like grin
[img]https://media./images/db10d3f0e109e0868fcc817897e457ac/tenor.gif[/img]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by iamyemiakins(m): 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2021
I don't even like seeing house-helps do this not to talk of a wife
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Shebi women too are now working and contributing financially, so should there be need for this type of slavery when she's also a provider?
I thought you said on some other thread that this is what you also want for yourself, or did I read you wrong? undecided

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by RightToReject(m): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
There's nothing fair about a man, or anyone at all, who demands or takes delight in his wife, or anyone else, kneeling down to serve him food - same applicable to anyone who takes delight in seeing others genuflect for them in the name of being older or more accomplished, culture or no culture, especially when they feel entitled to it.

The idea of equating servility to respect and/or love is repulsive.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Ulunne777(f): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
;DFrom the woman who probably comes home later than the husband?Your mother was a housewife,the men don't want them anymore,They'd ask "what are you bringing to the table."

BTW, once I jokingly did the shit after it was preached in church, my husband kicked me away and warned me not to try the shit again.

3 Likes

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Sep 16, 2021
RightToReject:
There's nothing fair about a man, or anyone at all, who demands or takes delight in his wife, or anyone else, kneeling down to serve him food - same applicable to anyone who takes delight in seeing others genuflect for them in the name of being older or more accomplished, culture or no culture, especially when they feel entitled to it.

The idea of equating servility to respect and/or love is repulsive.
grin
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Vision101(m): 2:20am On Sep 16, 2021
@greenie77

@me
I will not talk. How you dey?
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by greenie77: 5:45am On Sep 16, 2021
Vision101:
@greenie77

@me
I will not talk. How you dey?

Feel free to talk o.....I am good and you?

1 Like

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Sonnobax15(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2021
cheesy
Na so e suppose to be na...

Meanwhile,na banny wey sabi genuflect we go introduce to our family members cha tongue
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by JovialJune(f): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2021
Our Nigerian brethren will tell us kneeling down for her husband shows she is a good woman lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by OG1BABY(f): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
Okay
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Truvelisback(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2021
The facial expression of Nairaland ladies, after reading this.

Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kneel down keh!when you are not God,kam nukwa !
Re: “I Have No Interest To Move From Our Old Ways” — South African Lady Reveals by MufasaLion: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
Why the fvck would a woman kneel? grin

I have big ego but you don't need to kneel for me.

(1) (Reply)

Help!! A Single Mother Of Three Has Finish My Life. / My Elder Sister Feels So Unconcerned / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.