Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams (19994 Views)

EPL: How Ronaldo Blocked Man Utd From Appointing Conte As New Manager / How Ronaldo’s Children Reacted When They Saw Him Score A Goal On TV (video) / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Johel(m): 8:03am On Sep 16, 2021
Kingcalls:

Now una wan blame neymar grin grin.... I tot u guys said the 3 be like the father, the son and the Holy spirit ... u said they will win CL ...una think say na by messi... the only hope they have is mbappe and not messi..unfortunately he got injured and the team crumbled....

Football is about team spirit and not individual stars ... Ronaldo is good at motivating teammates compared to Messi... ... messi remains the most overrated player in history of football

Teams like brugge wey PSG de knack on a regular b4...

At least Ronaldo score... I was waiting for messis assist or dribbles or key passes or man of the match award to turn to goals and win them the game grin grin

Small pikin dey worry u...or maybe u just started watching soccer...if u have sense u will know that in football anything can happen and besides,it's all just starting ok...so relax and watch how your ororo flops with his bunch of losers.

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Joromi1: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2021
Kingcalls:

I can bet that Ronaldo in that psg team yesterday will score
Yeah, I agree with you. Messi created many tap-in opportunities but unfortunately there was no Ronaldo-like player to convert them. Even Mbappe was removed after sustaining an injury.

3 Likes

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by IbileIfe: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:
Ronaldo with three goals already and Messi with zero. Reason we were saying Messi should try another league to prove his dominance in football. I know my GOAT. The anointed one Cristiano Ronaldo.
Tall men have longer reach and can perform anywhere from coast to coast.
But short men have shorter reach and cannot perform better outside their closets.
Tall guys rule the game.
You can always look up to us.
It is not our fault.
Almighty God made us so.

No more free balls for Messi.
He has to fight get the balls and score goals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by g4gerald: 8:25am On Sep 16, 2021
onomeabuja:

u mean messi wen de always come from bench come play
messi is always overatted because he has never lifted his national team from dissastrous outings bt wen he gets to club level he always want to shine & this is what i call fraud!!!
yeye messi undecided
I will like to know how Messi has neva done d bolded nd how Ronaldo is better in international games. I know both of them has 1 trophy each in their various continental games (euros nd copa america respectively) and i know Messi has a silver medal in a world cup wen he lead his team to d final in 2014 while Ronaldo doesn't have any medal in world cup. Also check how many times Messi has lead his team to copa america final b4 eventually winning d last one, do same for Ronaldo too for euros. So pls explain d bolded

2 Likes

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by ajericho(m): 8:28am On Sep 16, 2021
Lekan239:
maybe Ronaldo should keep scoring in all champions League matches and man u keep loosing

So If we loose it's ronlados fault,even thou the guy came off before that last minute goal,

If juve had supported Ronaldo with good players,they would have done magic,y'all saying he isn't a team player,you mean he's supposed to leave the number nine position and go and defend or what?

2 Likes

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by SEGLIZ: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2021
unbitchable:

You don't even watch the match, you just jumped in here and start your usual trashtalk.
Shebi you saw the brilliant through pass he gave mbappe that he couldn't convert unfortunately. Your old fraud will never deliver such a pass till he retires from football. Mbappe would enjoy lots of assists & through passes from Messi this season.
Nobody is blaming Neymar but he needs to sit up, mbàppe has been outshining him consistently for like 3 seasons.
With Messi, he should sit up because he's everything better than mbappe.
The old fraud and his fangirls could be happy that even though he scored a tap in, despite his team losing to young boys but true fans know that Psg draw is better than a loss. 3 point loss is enough to throw ManUtd into Europa.
are you trying to build this psg team around messi? if that is it, I disagree with you. the psg team has been and is still a better team even before the arrival of messi.

mbbape has being enjoying good games, better and more assist before the arrival of messi as such I see no much difference.

messi should only enjoy the soft landing, compare to Ronaldo averagely united team. psg is star studded compare to united with roughly 75-80% average players.

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by unmask: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2021
ajericho:

So If we loose it's ronlados fault,even thou the guy came off before that last minute goal,

If juve had supported Ronaldo with good players,they would have done magic,y'all saying he isn't a team player,you mean he's supposed to leave the number nine position and go and defend or what?

Well some people feel that when Messi does not score, there is a problem and he is not a striker.

2 Likes

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by sevenhundred(m): 8:33am On Sep 16, 2021
unbitchable:

You don't even watch the match, you just jumped in here and start your usual trashtalk.
Shebi you saw the brilliant through pass he gave mbappe that he couldn't convert unfortunately. Your old fraud will never deliver such a pass till he retires from football. Mbappe would enjoy lots of assists & through passes from Messi this season.
Nobody is blaming Neymar but he needs to sit up, mbàppe has been outshining him consistently for like 3 seasons.
With Messi, he should sit up because he's everything better than mbappe.
The old fraud and his fangirls could be happy that even though he scored a tap in, despite his team losing to young boys but true fans know that Psg draw is better than a loss. 3 point loss is enough to throw ManUtd into Europa.
and psg draw is not enough to send them out?

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by sevenhundred(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Joromi1:

Ok, Ronaldo scored and they lost. Messi didn't score but they drew.

Simple.
to score a goal is the duties of the strikers and not conceeding goal is the duties of the defenders, now between mesi and cr7 who perform his duties to his team?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by sevenhundred(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2021
AMI3:
At the end of the season. We will ask which G . O. A.T score the highest goal in their respective new club?

I believe Messi should try and score goals
scoring goals in France is second rating according to uefa standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by MrDoGood(m): 8:43am On Sep 16, 2021
paulolee:
I dnt know about goals. but I know dt Leo and this PSG would surely win trophies at the end of the season. Leo would confidently play an advance position because PSG ave goal scorers in mbappe, neyma, icardi n even heriera n massi would confidently play like a playmaker like he always do in Argentina BT PSG problem is dt midfield..
this man.u team would hardly win trophies unlike PSG n i kno ole would keep getting d bashing wen tinz go wrong just like in juve wit cr7..
d difference here is dt, according to wat one Juve ex professional once said dt "cr7 isnt a team player, he is more focused in scoring goals n improving his stats than Juve winning, even if Juve lost a game n cr7 ended up scoring 3 goals, no problem"
we go see who go first remove from UCL n who e club go first discard...d scammer know himself

U mustn't comment. And this syndrome of Messi vs Ronaldo should die. We have Young stars to watch out for. These guys keep covering their shines and i don't like it. Na media dey cause am Sha

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by CoolAmbience(m): 8:43am On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:
Ronaldo with three goals already and Messi with zero. Reason we were saying Messi should try another league to prove his dominance in football. I know my GOAT. The anointed one Cristiano Ronaldo.

What is this one even saying?

All these analysis just after one UCL match?

You obviously know nothing about football.

Why rate them on goals?

Which of them has suffered any defeat since joining their new clubs?

Oya, answer me?

2 Likes

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by CoolAmbience(m): 8:53am On Sep 16, 2021
Kingcalls:

Now una wan blame neymar grin grin.... I tot u guys said the 3 be like the father, the son and the Holy spirit ... u said they will win CL ...una think say na by messi... the only hope they have is mbappe and not messi..unfortunately he got injured and the team crumbled....

Football is about team spirit and not individual stars ... Ronaldo is good at motivating teammates compared to Messi... ... messi remains the most overrated player in history of football

Teams like brugge wey PSG de knack on a regular b4...

At least Ronaldo score... I was waiting for messis assist or dribbles or key passes or man of the match award to turn to goals and win them the game grin grin

Only a gross football novice would see Mbappe as the leverage in a team that has Messi...the only player, living or dead, to bag 6 Balon D'or titles.

Football isn't just about the team...it is equally about individual brilliance. Ask yourself why the same cycle of clubs or teams keep winning titles and trophies, year in, year out?

Did you say 'at least Ronaldo scored'? You didn't say he lost too.

Abeg, go with your wack, emotional analysis.

2 Likes

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by CoolAmbience(m): 8:57am On Sep 16, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are still posting trash...did he scoreeee?? Did they win?? U dectell me key pass and assist...like say na im b the first wey de key pass assist ... he failed to inspire the team , he failed to score... now u are telling key pass abi assist that he gave mbappe that mbappe dint convert...now u see ur assist or key pass is useless if its not converted to a goal... tap in , penalties better pass any assist or key pass for football...thats y u are dumb not to know this

Lol.

You dey okay so?

Did PSG loose? Did Man Utd win?

So, a loss is now superior to a draw in football because you hate Messi.

Your angle won't make any sense to anyone reading your post.

2 Likes

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Kingcalls: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Only a gross football novice would see Mbappe as the leverage in a team that has Messi...the only player, living or dead, to bag 6 Balon D'or titles.

Football isn't just about the team...it is equally about individual brilliance. Ask yourself why the same cycle of clubs or teams keep winning titles and trophies, year in, year out?

Did you say 'at least Ronaldo scored'? You didn't say he lost too.

Abeg, go with your wack, emotional analysis.

Let his 6 balon dor win him champions league that has invaded him in the past 6 yrs

Score goals first and hope on the team defense doing their job ... u cant b telling us balon dors and dribbles and assist.... they are all useless without a goal
Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by ajericho(m): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2021
unmask:

Well some people feel that when Messi does not score, there is a problem and he is not a striker.

Imagine if Ronaldo didn't score too,even when he did,he was being called a tap master or something,so it's what goes around

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Kingcalls: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Lol.

You dey okay so?

Did PSG loose? Did Man Utd win?

So, a loss is now superior to a draw in football because you hate Messi.

Your angle won't make any sense to anyone reading your post.

Dropping 2 points againts the weakest team on paper in the group is as good as a loss ...at least we know the red card and lingaard madness contributed to the loss.. if harrera decided to do the same thing lingarrd did in the last second of the game, psg wud hv lost too... its not like young boys created their win..its more like lingaard dashed them the win
Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by CoolAmbience(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2021
JBoss25:
Oga shut ur mouth, when did Messi become a defender, his job is to score goals and he hasn't delivered so keep mute

Messi isn't a striker o.

I don't know what you are saying.

Do you even understand the game of football?

Everyone could do any job on the pitch..defensive, attacking etc.

Messi/PSG drew a match with Messi not getting on the scorer's sheet; Ronaldo/Man Utd lost a match despite Ronaldo scoring a goal...so, which team did better in their first UCL match?

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:

grin grin grin

One lost, the other drew.

When Messi starts scoring, the excuse will now be that he's playing in FC Farmers.

They said he won't win international trophy, he did then goalpost was shifted.

Verdict: No matter what Messi does, people must criticise.

I think he didn't perform well according to you because he's thinking of where to keep his 7th balon d'or cool

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by 2021Humanbeing(m): 9:18am On Sep 16, 2021
unbitchable:

Has Messi lost a game like the old fraud?.. The old fraud has scored two tap ins of his three goals already.

Goal na goal....make Messi score make we see na....stop comparing what you don't understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Joromi1: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2021
sevenhundred:
to score a goal is the duties of the strikers and not conceeding goal is the duties of the defenders, now between mesi and cr7 who perform his duties to his team?
And Messi is neither a striker nor a defender.

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Kingcalls: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2021
Lekan239:
is Ronaldo scoring now more preferably than man u winning, all man u fans keep saying this

At least it gives them the chance of winning games... who knows , mayb if he dint give man u the lead twice against Newcastle, man u might hv dropped points ... and if not for the red card , man utd wud hv win that game with Ronaldo scoring at least another goal
Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Kingcalls: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2021
Niwdog:
When Messi starts scoring and topping the goal chat
They will say it's cause of farmers league now he is not scoring they're saying he is not good
Messi will out score Ronaldo this season
No cap

I hope u know that uefa calculates French league calculates goals as 1.5 , compared to the top 5 leagues that they calculate as 2... meaning that by the end of the season, if Messi scores 30 goals , it will b registered as 45points , but if Ronaldo scores 25 goals , it will b registered as 50 points meaning that if they are the top 2 in Europe, Ronaldo will win the European golden boot ahead of messi
Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by perdollar(m): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2021
Like joke like joke, Messi go play d whole of ds season wt no goals. He WL win d Ligue 1 and that's all. Next season Messi WL b shipped to MSL to retire. When a fish leaves water, it dies a natural death. When a local goat is transported out of its locality, it becomes home Sick and dies. RIP Messi
Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Kingcalls: 9:45am On Sep 16, 2021
Resurgent2016:

mind you the french league us considered a less difficult league compare to the spanish and premier leagues. Actually comes last in the big 5 leagues

https://breakingthelines.com/statistical-analysis/the-statistical-ranking-of-europes-top-5-leagues/

French league is no longer number 5...the Portuguese league has overtaken it and now French league is number 6
Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by pquaver(m): 10:16am On Sep 16, 2021
Treasure17:

Una no go get patience na so una shout last season wen the old fraud been the lead for goals at the end who scored more goals? Messi overtook him just from January.. Una no go chill b4 una egg go burst for una face.. If he starts na una go dey cry say na farmer league

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by charlesm91(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2021
Alejandrah:

grin grin grin

One lost, the other drew.

When Messi starts scoring, the excuse will now be that he's playing in FC Farmers.

They said he won't win international trophy, he did then goalpost was shifted.

Verdict: No matter what Messi does, people must criticise.

I think he didn't perform well according to you because he's thinking of where to keep his 7th balon d'or cool
isn't it the same for ronaldo? when he does something there's always a but to it coming from opposing fans. now we measure what type of goal should be scored and how we get to appreciate it rather than seeing the goal for what it is- a goal. fanboys will be fanboys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by charlesm91(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2021
barca fans don carry their wahala come psg. Given Messi's status it's a poor game and that didn't help given the fact that ronaldo has scored 3 goals already for manutd, but understand he's still settling. it'll be wishful thinking for barca fans to think it'll be the same as it were in Barca. Psg is a team filled with stars in their own equal rights so don't expect the reverence Messi enjoyed at Barca to be what it'll be at Psg. Ronaldo suffered same at Juve who didn't even have stars but still were oblivious to the fact that day had a weapon in their midst.

1 Like

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by blacknoir: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2021
paulolee:
I dnt know about goals. but I know dt Leo and this PSG would surely win trophies at the end of the season. Leo would confidently play an advance position because PSG ave goal scorers in mbappe, neyma, icardi n even heriera n massi would confidently play like a playmaker like he always do in Argentina BT PSG problem is dt midfield..
this man.u team would hardly win trophies unlike PSG n i kno ole would keep getting d bashing wen tinz go wrong just like in juve wit cr7..
d difference here is dt, according to wat one Juve ex professional once said dt "cr7 isnt a team player, he is more focused in scoring goals n improving his stats than Juve winning, even if Juve lost a game n cr7 ended up scoring 3 goals, no problem"
we go see who go first remove from UCL n who e club go first discard...d scammer know himself
grin grin
Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Chingykay77(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2021
unbitchable:

Has Messi lost a game like the old fraud?.. The old fraud has scored two tap ins of his three goals already.
I love the fact that you recognized that he has SCORED which means he has an impact
What is Leo's impact in the wins and draws?
Leo is good............CR7 is good
but one get IMPACT pass the other

At the end of it all na BAYERN FC or MAN CITY get this season's UCL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams by Christian16: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2021
pquaver:

Una no go get patience na so una shout last season wen the old fraud been the lead for goals at the end who scored more goals? Messi overtook him just from January.. Una no go chill b4 una egg go burst for una face.. If he starts na una go dey cry say na farmer league
how old are you ? it seems you no go school at all abi you be truant ....pls define fraud for me ? I no knw whether you jus hear the word o cus you definitely ain't smart.does fraud means performing at a top level all ma career if so I want to be a fraud...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mo Sallah Wins CAF Best Player For Second Consecutive Year (pics) / Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals / Leo Messi: Real Madrid Weaker Without Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.