Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,269 members, 7,822,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) (1699 Views)

What If TB Joshua Faked His Own Death / If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple / SCOAN: Evelyn Joshua Emerges As Successor Of TB Joshua - African News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Ohthinktwice(m): 9:11am On Sep 16, 2021
The church he left behind is enmeshed in a serious leadership crises right now, to the delight of his foes and embarrassment of his supporters.

His wife was said to have been installed as the new leader of the church, taking over from her husband. However, it's been said in various quarters that she has been rejected as his successor by some leaders of the church, among other acrimonous and very unsavory developments.

This is unheard of with regards Nigerian churches, as successorship in such a situation consequent upon the demise of a church leader, was usually a smooth process, as the leader often has his anointed successor already in place, just in case, hence when he passes, his succession would be without much fuzz and drama.

Therefore it should have been a very different scenario, had TB Joshua named a successor. It was also reported that he knew he was going to die and also predicted his death as in the video provided below, which if true should have necessitated him to name the person that would succeed him. But he didn't, hence the very unsavory development.

So the question is, why didn't TB Joshua name a successor if he indeed knew he was going to die?

Or does that mean he didn't see his death coming as some claim?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua6GBOBz8Uc
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by MsFaith: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2021
You people too like wahala. Always looking for faults so that you can make news.

If you want to know, go and ask him in his grave.

2 Likes

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by advanceDNA: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2021
Ohthinktwice:
The church he left behind is enmeshed in a serious leadership crises right now, to the delight of his foes and embarrassment of his supporters.

His wife was said to have been installed as the new leader of the church, taking over from her husband. However, it's been said in various quarters that she has been rejected as his successor by some leaders of the church, among other acrimonous and very unsavory developments.

This is unheard of with regards Nigerian churches, as successorship in such a situation consequent upon the demise of a church leader, was usually a smooth process, as the leader often has his anointed successor already in place, just in case, hence when he passes, his succession would be without much fuzz and drama.

Therefore it should have been a very different scenario, had TB Joshua named a successor. It was also reported that he knew he was going to die and also predicted his death as in the video provided below, which if true should have necessitated him to name the person that would succeed him. But he didn't, hence the very unsavory development.

So the question is, why didn't TB Joshua name a successor if he indeed knew he was going to die?

He was probably in denial and hoping to pray his death away like Hezekiah...

Having a dream or vision that you'll die doesn't mean you'll write a will and wait for most people process and react to such dream or vision with moves to remain alive
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by YeyeGbami: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2021
For a church property that big he should have set up a trust that even when he is dead things will continue working as it was.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by festacman(m): 10:09am On Sep 16, 2021
No prophet sees a total picture. Each prophet sees an aspect of the picture as allowed by the one who gives the gift of prophecy. Of course, any prophet who sees the total picture becomes like God himself.

On the issue of succession, it is important to note that every prophet has a SPIRIT and MANDATE according to demands of the time. This mandate doesn't always include building church edifices and holding congregation to raise funds, which often is more about meeting the SUCCESS REQUIREMENT of human society. Unfortunately, this has distracted many prophets to pursue materialism and turned them into administrators instead of austere message bearers. Most mandate end with the death of the prophet unless as in the case of Elijah to Elisha, the prophet's spirit is transferred to another person.

TB Joshua came, played his part and left the stage. The rest is in God's hands. Let's stop this judgement.

2 Likes

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by olayiwola4u(m): 11:47am On Sep 16, 2021
Ohthinktwice:

Biblically, any leader who doesn't have a successor while he is alive doesn't have a personal relationship with God. In fact, doesn't know God as much as he claims.

Check all the leaders in the Bible, and you would see their successors always beside them wherever they were.

Joshua was always with Moses even on the mountain very close to where God's presence was, even when no one dares try it. It was evident and revealed to all that he would take over.

Even Jesus never left Peter off his side. He personally handed over the flock to his care. Meaning, you are next in line.

Only God doesn't need a successor because he will reign forever even when the world ends , his reign will continue eternally.

2 Likes

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Aboks(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
Rubbish people
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by TenQ: 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ohthinktwice:

He didn't know that he would die when he did.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
How can anyone believe the man knew he would die? If he did, he would have put things in order, named his successors and written a will. He thought he will live till old age.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2021
Even when i thought he was genuine, one big question mark I had about him was that his church was a one man show. That is to say, it was all about TB Joshua.

Any video they made and show a supposed healing, those supposed healed would be asked, "So what do you have to say to TB Joshua?" I mean, it was done too frequently to raise question marks about it being about TB Joshua and not about God.

Now that I know much better, It's obvious why that was the case, and why after his death everything seems chaotic and disorganized.

It's because it wasn't God that brought them together in the first place, and upon which the church hinged in but TB Joshua. So now that he has departed, everything has scattered, everyone else is on his own, and no one else is able to manage the situation.

May God deliver us from all the wolves that come in sheep clothing. In Jesus name. Amen!

God bless

2 Likes

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Even when i thought he was genuine, one big question mark I had about him was that his church was a one man show. That is to say, it was all about TB Joshua.

Any video they made and show a supposed healing, those supposed healed would be asked, "So what do you have to say to TB Joshua?" I mean, it was done too frequently to raise question marks about it being about TB Joshua and not about God.

Now that I know much better, It's obvious why that was the case, and why after his death everything seems chaotic and disorganized.

It's because it wasn't God that brought them together and upon which the church hinged but TB Joshua. So now that he has departed, everything has scattered, everyone else is on their own, and one else is able to manage the situation.

May God deliver us from all the wolves that come in sheep clothing. In Jesus name. Amen!

God bless

We may say the same of Chris Oyakhilome, then.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by petra1(m): 11:38am On Sep 17, 2021
Ohthinktwice:

Definatey he didnt know he would die. Even though he could have said something prophetically without knowing. for example he said he would not celebrate his birthday thjs year . that doesnt mean he knew he would die. just as some people prophesied in the bible without knowing it was prophecy.

just as Peter and Caiaphas

John 11:51 (KJV)
51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;]
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Not necessarily so, even though I'm not a fan of his manners and methods.

Although things later got soured, I could remember he was jointly doing the rhapsody devotional with his wife at some point. That was the major selling point of his ministry and church at the time, so that could suggest the otherwise. Then I can remember a brother of his who was also featuring prominently alongside him.

There's Sinach who if you ask me, would give him a run for his money in terms of influence and popularity.

There are also several other gospel artists as Frank Edward, Buchi that emerged and became very prominent via his ministry.

It gives the impression that he allows others in his ministry to also emerge and make their own mark, and it wasn't totally about him, even if he had his own issues.

But how many people have you really heard of emerge from TB Joshua's ministry? I have heard some call a few names but if we're honest with ourselves, considering how popular TB Joshua was not just in Nigeria, but on the global stage, there should have been at least someone if not more, who came close, if not on the same breath.

Time would reveal a lot of things though, but I believe it has already started.

God bless.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Maestro21: 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You people's issue is, you like discussing people you don't know. I don't know what spirit always pushes people to do this. It is unfortunate.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Maestro21: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
[s]Not necessarily so, even though I'm not a fan of his manners and methods.

Although things later got soured, I could remember he was jointly doing the rhapsody devotional with his wife at some point. That was the major selling point of his ministry and church at the time, so that could suggest the otherwise. Then I can remember a brother of his who was also featuring prominently alongside him.

There's Sinach who if you ask me, would give him a run for his money in terms of influence and popularity.

There are also several other gospel artists as Frank Edward, Buchi that emerged and became very prominent via his ministry.

It gives the impression that he allows others in his ministry to also emerge and make their own mark, and it wasn't totally about him, even if he had his own issues.[/s]

But how many people have you really heard of emerge from TB Joshua's ministry? I have heard some call a few names but if we're honest with ourselves, considering how popular TB Joshua was not just in Nigeria, but on the global stage, there should have been at least someone if not more, who came close, if not on the same breath.

God bless.

Always discussing matters that are too high for you. And your major issue is about seeing things from your own very limited and myopic scope. The body of christ is beyond Nigeria.

When you want to discuss a topic - even remotely - try to be well-rounded before talking your usual wass. How many international ministers (especially evangelists and prophets) shared how much of a platform TB Joshua gave them? I am talking people from USA, UK, Zimbabwe who are doing very well in ministry and winning souls for Jesus Christ?

Did Jesus consult you about the type of ministry he gave Prophet Joshua? Do you know the structure he was asked to put in place?

What is wrong with you? Why are you the way you are?
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Maestro21: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
MsFaith:
You people too like wahala. Always looking faults so that you can news.

If you want to know, go and ask him in his grave.

I tire.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Maestro21: 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
petra1:

Definatey he didnt know he would die. Even though he could have said something prophetically without knowing. for example he said he would not celebrate his birthday thjs year . that doesnt mean he knew he would die. just as some people prophesied in the bible without knowing it was prophecy.

just as Peter and Caiaphas

John 11:51 (KJV)
51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;]

Even if he knew, if the instructions he got was to keep it to himself there is nothing he can do about it.

Selecting a replacement and legacy structure is good, but is it not subject to God's sovereignty?

And God may have spoken but grievous wolves may be disregarding it and doing what they like. It happened in Paul's ministry after he left.

I know for e.g that a particular Pastor who was an acquaintance of the SCOAN and is quite prophetic himself warned them not to bury Prophet Joshua in Lagos and definitely not in a mausoleum. He even told them where in Ondo that Prophet Joshua should be buried in and told them that those chiefs in Ondo that were pushing for the prophet to be buried in Ondo where doing so prompted by God.

The family and caretakers disregarded it.

Meanwhile, that Pastor said that mausoleum will lead to necromancy as people will turn the burial site to a tourist center and evil spirits will mislead many. Yet the family disregarded it.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2021
Maestro21:

You people's issue is, you like discussing people you don't know. I don't know what spirit always pushes people to do this. It is unfortunate.

You don't understand my post so, please, keep away from it.

Do you know me?

1 Like

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:19am On Sep 18, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Do you know me?
Lol!

What else did you expect from someone who could possibly believe that a live broadcast of Chris Oyakhilome had over a billion people tuned in?

He could believe any possible lie. He's that gullible.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

What else did you expect from someone who could possibly believe that a live broadcast of Chris Oyakhilome had over a billion people tuned in?

He could believe any possible lie. He's that gullible.

A lot of his members actually believed that. They even created fake TV ratings to perpetuate that information. Is it not 5 billion people they said that viewed it? Is it including the ones from 1872 who are still watching till date, with the ones to be born in 2071 that we are talking about that watched the broadcast? Or maybe it is the Sinach views plus the views of all his broadcasts put together that is the 5 billion plus they were referring to? But if so, why lie that it was from one broadcast? Who knows.

My post was not even intended to say anything mean about Oyakhilome. I consider him a pastor with understanding of the kingdom. I just disagree with certain teachings. Which is fine, because one pastor can't have it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Lamasta(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Not necessarily so, even though I'm not a fan of his manners and methods.

It gives the impression that he allows others in his ministry to also emerge and make their own mark, and it wasn't totally about him, even if he had his own issues.

God bless.

My brother wipe off this hate in your heart towards late TB Joshua it will do you no good....You call yourself a christian but look at what you are spewing out of your mouth Jesus May God have mercy on You....

1 Like

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Lamasta(m): 9:39am On Sep 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

It's because it wasn't God that brought them together and upon which the church hinged but TB Joshua. So now that he has departed, everything has scattered, everyone else is on their own, and one else is able to manage the situation.

God bless

So full of hate and happy for a church to scatter so that you will be happy you said it, my God what kind of a believer are you?

1 Like

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by petra1(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2021
Maestro21:

Even if he knew, if the instructions he got was to keep it to himself there is nothing he can do about it.

Thats True sometimes Prophets swallow bitter Pills. They see but not permitted to say on many occasions

And God may have spoken but grievous wolves may be disregarding it and doing what they like. It happened in Paul's ministry after he left.

reminds me of Paul how he said " . ..after departure ,grievous wolves shall come not sparing the sheep

I know for e.g that a particular Pastor . . . . warned them not to bury
The family and caretakers disregarded it.
. . .Meanwhile, that Pastor said that mausoleum will lead to necromancy as people will turn the burial site to a tourist center and evil spirits will mislead many. Yet the family disregarded it.

The man must have great insight to spiritual trurh . its just like the story of Nehushtan. Moses brasen serpent that the jew began to worship.

2 Kings 18:4 (KJV)
4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan

2 Likes

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:22am On Sep 18, 2021
Lamasta:

My brother wipe off this hate in your heart towards late TB Joshua it will do you no good....You call yourself a christian but look at what you are spewing out of your mouth Jesus May God have mercy on You....

Lamasta:

So full of hate and happy for a church to scatter so that you will be happy you said it, my God what kind of a believer are you?
You obviously don't know who you're speaking about, otherwise you'd understand it's actually someone who supported TB Joshua at some point here to the extent of creating several threads with my previous moniker, one of which i named him as one of three of those preachers who remind me most of Jesus. Reinhard Bonnke was one with Arthur Blessit as the third.

The opinion I had of the qualities he showed publicly which endeared me to him, didn't still change even after his death, as I still advised other preachers to emulate that aspect of his life.

So it's only ignorance that would make you think such a thing, because if you knew what I now know about him, if you truly loved God, you wouldn't act any differently.

You wouldn't support a church built upon the blood of many innocent lives.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Lamasta(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2021
[left][/left]
jesusjnr2020:

You obviously don't know who you're speaking about, otherwise you'd understand it's actually someone who supported TB Joshua at some point here to the extent of creating several threads with my previous moniker, one of which i named him as one of three of those preachers who remind me most of Jesus. Reinhard Bonnke was one with Arthur Blessit as the third.

The opinion I had of the qualities he showed publicly which endeared me to him, didn't still change even after his death, as I still advised other preachers to emulate that aspect of his life.

So it's only ignorance that would make you think so, because if you knew what I now know about him, if you truly loved God, you wouldn't act any differently.

You wouldn't want a church built upon the blood of many innocent lives to keep standing.

Stop praying for the church to scatter to suit you abeg stop it the man has died already let the church march on
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

A lot of his members actually believed that. They even created fake TV ratings to perpetuate that information. Is it not 5 billion people they said that viewed it? Is it including the ones from 1872 who are still watching till date, with the ones to be born in 2071 that we are talking about that watched the broadcast? Or maybe it is the Sinach views plus the views of all his broadcasts put together that is the 5 billion plus they were referring to? But if so, why lie that it was from one broadcast? Who knows.

My post was not even intended to say anything mean about Oyakhilome. I consider him a pastor with understanding of the kingdom. I just disagree with certain teachings. Which is fine, because one pastor can't have it all.
Personally, I am so embarrassed for them because it's such a ridiculously blatant lie that even the blind could see it. I myself used to be a blind follower of someone before, where If the man said anything, I would take it as final, even above the Word of God. So I quite understand where they're coming from, but I no think say my own reach this one. I mean, how won't I be able to see this one? But you never know because that's what is possible when people begin to put man in the place of God, that everything he says becomes sacrosanct and final.

That what is even happening with apostle Paul who many Christians now exalt above Christ, that they place his teachings above that of Christ, even though they would never want to admit it.

That's why, i usually point people who desire to be like me, to Christ as the Master and perfect example, so they don't settle for less.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by ambu2: 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
Aboks:
Rubbish people

Rubbish opinion
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by orunto27: 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
Even The Disciples didn't receive The Anointing until PENTECOST.

1 Like

Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Maestro21: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Do you know me?

I understood your post. You don't know the ministry of Pastor Chris at all. The very question you asked proved it. Same way you don't know the ministry of Prophet Joshua.

Which is why I warned you to stick to things you know.
Re: If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) by Maestro21: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

[s]A lot of his members actually believed that. They even created fake TV ratings to perpetuate that information. Is it not 5 billion people they said that viewed it? Is it including the ones from 1872 who are still watching till date, with the ones to be born in 2071 that we are talking about that watched the broadcast? Or maybe it is the Sinach views plus the views of all his broadcasts put together that is the 5 billion plus they were referring to? But if so, why lie that it was from one broadcast? Who knows.

My post was not even intended to say anything mean about Oyakhilome. I consider him a pastor with understanding of the kingdom. I just disagree with certain teachings. Which is fine, because one pastor can't have it all[/s].

Here again is another proof that you did not know what you are talking about. An absolutely dumb post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Things Do People Think Are In The Bible But Are Actually Not In The Bible? / Armed Robbery At Canaanland Today! / Is Amorc Bad Or Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.