Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts (56622 Views)

Bamboo, Nairabet, Abokifx: CBN Unfreezes Bank Accounts Of 440 Persons, Companies / AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by alizma: 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
lwisee:
Good move, most people sit behind their laptops, check the exchange rate on abokifx before giving you quotations.
The next thing you hear is 'Oga everything is expensive now ooo
Even 1 dollar is now N560 I swear, you can check abokifx'

Government need to shutdown the website as well.
Those that against the CBN move are not current with the happenings in the forex market.
Abokifx is good but not since the BDC activity was shutdown, the guys seems to be given artificial figures everyday and before the end of the day, the market forces have made the artificial rate the real rate for the day

3 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by AmuEbule: 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
danowena:

I believe you are abroad and thinks ur dollar has more value because it gives you more naira. Then you are quite myopic because the cost of everything increases as the naira is devalued since every thing is imported.
Keep praying for the economy to go down rather for it to be stronger.
You also forget that whatsoever investments you make within the country is also reduced in value.

Yes. You are right, I am abroad. Worry about your useless leaders in Nigeria who rely on their marabouts & don't know their left from right.
I am developing projects in Nigeria, mindful of the high cost of materials but I don't give a rat's behind because your leaders are confused.
Everything is devalued, right? Then tell your good for nothing 85 yr old certificate forging dullard to stop the senseless borrowing from China.
I just paid #3400 for 50 bags of cement but I am glad I can afford it. Blame your freaking unsteady and corrupt Nigerian leaders, clown!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by HEAVEN4444: 4:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
Something strange is happening. GLOBAL RESET ? even sebastian BDC who post rates everyday has stopped doing it today.

https://sebastianbdc.com/

i think they may force the dollar down. global reset. maybe the world is about to move away from the dollar ? maybe they will globally force it down and then now maybe it will be 20 naira to 1 dollar shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by SmartPolician: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
Skyfly007:
This will create unnecessary panic and tension which is not needed in this period of naira fall....

This is FALSE.

To the news, the CBN is living a cloud cuckoo land. Nigeria needs to shut down the parallel/black market and concentrate on the CBN rates.

However, I am guessing that will only happen when a southerner becomes president because the industry is dominated by the northerners. We cannot continue to run a country where most vendors exchange foreign currency based on black market rates.

9 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
A very warm welcome decision.
what abokifx do is just to wake up and speculate exchange rate and everyone will fall in line.
We can't just sit buy and destroy what is left of the economy.
Their activities just have to be regulated

7 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
Honestly but why can’t cbn enforce the official rate?
Which I believe is around 410 to a dollar
Scrap the furking black market for Gods sake

6 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by profmallor: 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Lol, so this is CBNs solution to the economic crisis they have unwittingly landed us into. They should also write google to block their app as well useless and clueless CBN. They believe leave the innocent man, he is not the reason for their infinitesimal confusion.
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by ALABACONNECT(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
feckos:
Wow...very intelligent Governor undecided

All abokifx does is coordinate rates on the street. Information CBN can counter if they are transparent. Killing businesses is what we're good at in Nigeria.

CBN should fix and coordinate itself instead of chasing shadows.

Naira is sinking, Nigeria is sinking, CBN is playing games.

Dollar is definitely getting to #600 next week, market rates will now differ and spiral out of control.
This!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by fineboynl(m): 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
Seun:
They will block it, but other sites will surely spring up.
they can't with VPN.
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by HEAVEN4444: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
AmuEbule:

Yes. You are right, I am abroad. Worry about your useless leaders in Nigeria who don't know their left from right.
I am developing projects in Nigeria, mindful of the high cost of materials but I don't give a rat's behind ok.
Everything is devalued. Then tell your 80 something yr old dullard to stop the senseless borrowing from China.
I just paid #3400 for 50 bags of cement but I am glad I can afford it. Blame your freaking unsteady and corrupt Nigerian leaders, clown!
ndi ala. nekwa. zoo thinking

1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by AmuEbule: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ok. CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts.

Why is their website still on?

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by property123: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
I am cool with this decision. That site manipulate FX rates. Someone wakes up and click on the site and tells me that is the rate he will work with. Majority of FX buyers or sellers are speculators waiting to reap massive IRO at the detriment of the overall good of the economy. The black market needs to be eliminated by any means.

7 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by SarkinYarki: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
Shebi you people can see how useless Buhari govt is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2021
Goodvibes007:
so they shut their bank accounts and not their website. I check the aboki rates on twitter. Are they going to shut down twitter too?
are they going to shut down google adsense, paypal e.t.c too? All these guys need to do is receive their advertisement payment into foreign accounts and remit it back to Nigeria. The Nigerian government is a clown show.

You don't even know abokifx is a trading platform that operates as a bureau de change.
they buy at crazy rate and sell at crazier rate
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by AmuEbule: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
ndi ala. nekwa. zoo thinking

E Pain you ba? Keep waiting for those virgins when you die while realists like me are at work.

Major league loser undecided undecided
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by SarkinYarki: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
property123:
I am with this decision. That site manipulate FX rates. Someone wakes up and click on the site and tells me that is the rate he will work with. Majority of FX buyers or sellers are speculators waiting to reap massive IRO at the detriment of the overall good of the economy. The black market needs to be eliminated by any means.

How does the site manipulate FX rates ...they only aggregate the rates of the street ..instead if you to blame the CBN governor for the current slide in Naira you are blaming the innocent party and they painful thing is you are somebody who makes Money from property speculation yourself
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by AutoReportNG: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mac2016:
The Dumbest CBN

You call this dumb? If only you knew the havoc abokifx is doing you will celebrate this move.. Next is shut down the website

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by AmuEbule: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
Something strange is happening. GLOBAL RESET ? even sebastian BDC who post rates everyday has stopped doing it today.

https://sebastianbdc.com/

i think they may force the dollar down. global reset. maybe the world is about to move away from the dollar ? maybe they will globally force it down and then now maybe it will be 20 naira to 1 dollar shocked shocked shocked shocked

What do you know? Drink more burukutu and wait for those virgins when you yamutu. Olodo!
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by iconnecta(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
good.
NCC should block it too.

then CBN should develop central APP and website for FX checking

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Skyfly007: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

This is FALSE.

To the news, the CBN is living a cloud cuckoo land. Nigeria needs to shut down the parallel/black market and concentrate on the CBN rates.

However, I am guessing that will only happen when a southerner becomes president because the industry is dominated by the northerners. We cannot continue to run a country where most vendors exchange foreign currency based on black market prices.
CBN freezed the account of fintechs in Nigeria thinking they were the problem...

Afterwards the dollar kept on skyrocketing..

Emefiele is just chasing shadows...

Being busy and being productive are two different things.

He is just busy!

Emefiele should go back to the drawing board or throw in the towel.

Mark this comment when naira falls to an all time low in the nearest future..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by HEAVEN4444: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
AmuEbule:

E Pain you ba? Keep waiting for those virgins when you die while realists like me are at work.

Major league loser undecided undecided
inukwa

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by angelfallz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
How do you know abokifx publishes false narratives?

Nukilia:
CBN is now waking up to the monsters who have destroyed our economy with their false narratives!

GRTBR
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by SarkinYarki: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
lwisee:
Good move, most people sit behind their laptops, check the exchange rate on abokifx before giving you quotations.

Going by your dumb Narrative dolllar should fall by 50 points next week since Aboki FX is the problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
Realdeals:
I was ruminating on the fact that CBN needs to monitors businesses that obtain FX at official rates from banks, most of them are greedy. They get FX at CBN rate to purchase goods and uses the AbokiFX rate in calculating selling price to the public, which isn't fair.

Blocking AbokiFX account won't solve it either.

it will, because the owner won't be able to buy and sell FX at crazier rates,that guy dealt a big blow with Nigeria economy,je has helped in money laundering by selling at crazier rates to anyone willing to buy at all cost.
No real importer will get forex at that rate for a legit business, it's not just sustainable
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by HEAVEN4444: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
AmuEbule:

What do you know? Drink more burukutu and wait for those virgins when you yamutu. Olodo!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bros i hail oooo. Mr dollar. ndi ala
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by angelfallz(m): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
But, what abokifx publishes, isn't it what is on ground?

lwisee:

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by SarkinYarki: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
RichDad1:
The CBN is getting bolder finally.
These FX cabals will surely fight back. So they should brace up.
Funny majority of these aboki bureau de change are not Nigerians. They’re mostly from Niger republic.

There is no FX cabal , Buharis poor governance is the one making the dollar attractive !!!!

5 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by angelfallz(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2021
What do you suggest?

Realdeals:
I was ruminating on the fact that CBN needs to monitors businesses that obtain FX at official rates from banks, most of them are greedy. They get FX at CBN rate to purchase goods and uses the AbokiFX rate in calculating selling price to the public, which isn't fair.

Blocking AbokiFX account won't solve it either.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Mac2016(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2021
AutoReportNG:

You call this dumb? If only you knew the havoc abokifx is doing you will celebrate this move.. Next is shut down the website
I actually would like to learn how abokifx impact value of Naira. I don't think they fix the price.
Also, why for 6yrs this man's fiscal policies have no positive effect is questionable.
Soludo had some good lasting effects thru his policies.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by angelfallz(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
How sure are you about this?

RichDad1:
The CBN is getting bolder finally.
These FX cabals will surely fight back. So they should brace up.
Funny majority of these aboki bureau de change are not Nigerians. They’re mostly from Niger republic.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Buckeyemedia1: 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
SarkinYarki:

There is no FX cabal , Buharis poor governance is the one making the dollar attractive !!!!
What does your country export for foreign exchange other than crude oil, what does your state do to generate forex, what do you do to make money in dollars? It is President Buhari that should provide dollars for you? Na America you dey? Lazy People.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by henryobinna(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
lwisee:

the question is, are the figures on abokifx false?

Secondly, are citizens not supposed to know the rate which the naira exchanges?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pics Of Crying Emeka Offor Being Consoled By Dignitaries At His Father's Burial / I Mistakenly Borrowed From A Loan App #15,000 To Pay #19,500 In 2 Weeks [Pics] / Photos From Aliko Dangote's 60th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.