Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts (56619 Views)

Bamboo, Nairabet, Abokifx: CBN Unfreezes Bank Accounts Of 440 Persons, Companies / AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
henryobinna:
I'm glad you took your time to write this at least we won't have silly people insinuating absolute madness. The next problem is, does the CBN have enough dollars to give? If say the CBN starts selling as many dollars as needed by actual businesses, for how long would the CBN sell this dollar before it runs out of dollars?

Naturally, Nigeria (cbn) doesn't receive much dollars to satisfy the need of the market, that was one of the reason for the limitation in quantity to be sold.

Truth is CBN doesnt have enough dollars to give as the BULK of dollars are given to PETROL importers to make sure price of FUEL doesn't rise.. If we werent importing fuel dollar would be 150 NAIRA..

6 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by 4gunners(m): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
So happy. Enough of this speculative FX
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

You underestimate the power of population. Take a drive to LEGEND HOTEL LAGOS private terminal... Theres at least one private jet landing every 5-10mins..

Nigeria has 200M people.. Assume only just 1% are ultra wealthy, thats 2,000,000 people with net worth of $1m+

Now assume 10% are rich(travel abroad, etc), thats 20,000,000 people with net worth of $100,000+

These are very low estimates... Even the poorest countries in the world have at least 10% rich population...

Go to lagos airport ikeja... thousands of people fly out everyday on tickets that cost $1000+ each..

Drive down to banana island, VI, Ikoyi, Its human beings who own the thousands of houses there that cost hundreds of millions to a few billion naira..

All you are doing here is just an assumption, majority of those rich people who earn their money don't even fly private jet's,they know the cost of operating one is around $5k an hour or more depending on the capacity of the engine,most of those who do are Business executives who only travel when it is required and the cost is always on company/corporation,the other category of people are your Yahoo boys in suit who stand on pulpit and lie every Sunday of the month.

Back to the argument,how many of your Nigerian brothers have ₦100k as their account balance talk more of spending $1k on a monthly basis?
Have you been to the ATM queue? check how much people are getting out of the ATM machine.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
4gunners:
So happy. Enough of this speculative FX

I love how people believe abokifx is why dollar is high... Do you know abokifx was also there when dollar was stable at 360 for years??

Do you also know that there are at least 100 sites that publish black market rates, just google it yourself..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by SweetOlive(f): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
Naira has failed, and the CBN is chasing the clouds on top of it.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
Solatium:

All you are doing here is just an assumption, majority of those rich people who earn their money don't even fly private jet's,they know the cost of operating one is around $5k an hour or more depending on the capacity of the engine,most of those who do are Business executives who only travel when it is required and the cost is always on company/corporation,the other category of people are your Yahoo boys in suit who stand on pulpit and lie every Sunday of the month.

Back to the argument,how many of your Nigerian brothers have ₦100k as their account balance talk more of spending $1k on a monthly basis?
Have you been to the ATM queue? check how much people are getting out of the ATM machine.

I never said many rich people fly private jet.. Im just telling you that theres enough money in the country that theres a private jet landing every few minutes in Legend terminal.

The problem is your are not exposed... I know lots and lots of people with that kind of money in their account.. Have you ever been to a upper society VIP wedding with thousands of rich guests?

Bro, there are MILLIONS of rich Nigerians who spend $thousands monthly.. You wont see them going to ATM machine, but you will see them in VIP clubs, Hotels, Airport Lounges, Business Class, First class Flights, etc..

8 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by philip0906(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:

You do not need bdc to import anything. You do not nerd dorm account to import anything. As a matter of fact I am sending a memo to CBN today to consider converting all dorm reserves to naira at CBN rate and closure of all bdc.

You do not need to source for usd to import, it is only in Nigeria you get all these parallel fx system. Simply pay your naira and get the dollars from bank at CBN rate to be paid out.

Having bdc and dorm accts destroyed Nigeria fx sector and must be stopped.

Now everyone is just scamming their way to glory under the pretext of affiliate marketing and importation and manufacturing. I am manufacture 3 products and I have businesses offshore too.

I am not a novice
This is a ridiculous take. Absolute rookie take, that shows you're lying about being an importer/manufacturer. No single manufacturer/importer worth their onions will make this wild and ridiculous claims.

You will convert people's dollars to naira. How much are people holding in their dorm accounts? When you convert people's dollar to naira, you probably solve for just a fraction of the existing FX need. Now, no one will keep dollars in their accounts or in Nigeria. How will you solve for the FX needs which is in excess of $500 million monthly going forward? Where will the CBN get the dollars to meet up with the FX shortage?

Someone clearly explained why the CBN cannot meet the daily FX needs of importers & suppliers, you're here talking like you didn't do basic economics in school.

You're a complete novice my friend.

11 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by CooKeed(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

This is why a good business school is needed in Nigeria.. People dont understand Economics 101

First of all, CBN official rate is like 410, so converting any FX inflow to naira means you will get it at 410... Now let me ask you, your uncle in USA has $10,000 for you. Will you tell him to wire the $10,000 to nigeria for N4,100,000, or will you find a third party who needs to pay his supplier in China,India, and sell it to him for 550 (N5,500,000) ? This is whats basically happening.

As someone in the manufacturing, let me try and explain whats going on. There is severe shortage of USD. Lets assume you need raw materials worth $500,000 for the month, you may be lucky to get $5,000 in a month from your bank/cbn (through LC OR BILL FOR COLLECTION), so you now have to go to blackmarket for the rest.

Abokifx just publishes prevailing rate.. Abokifx is irrelevant when it comes to demand and supply.. Im too tired to explain more, but the solution is simple.. CBN needs to provide more USD to the big companies who need it, and the black market price (REAL DOLLAR PRICE) will drop..

The reason why goods are going up in prices (TV, PHONE, AC, FOOD, etc), even though officially dollar is 410, is because NOBODY IS GETTING 410, or even when they do its minimal.. Yes you can get PTA (Travel allowance) from your bank, but thats only like $4000.

The real problem is when as a manufacturer you need $1m.. Good luck getting that in 10 years....

There is real demand for USD from local companies here for at least $500M a day, and CBN is barely giving 10% of that.. See the problem

How much do you think NESTLE spends daily on USD, or Nigerian breweries... Quick example, indomie is made with tapioca starch, Potasium & sodium carbonate, sodium tripolyphosphate, riboflavin which are imported.. They must probably use $millions weekly just for import... So they go to black market = price jump in finished product... Hope i made some sense..

Here is someone who gets it.

I salute you for being patient enough to explain the situation. But I'm sorry to tell you that majority on this thread will not (or choose not to) understand.
The law of demand and supply is so basic, but many fail to understand it.

Can you imagine? Someone said it is good for CBN to shut Abokifx down so that we can be buying dollars at the official rate of 410. As if abokifx is stopping CBN from selling at whatever price they like.

Another person said CBN should forcefully convert all fcy in dom accounts to naira. How much is all the change in individial Nigerian dom accounts to meet he huge demand by manufacturing companies?

The problem is that we export too little. We produce too little raw materials and must source everything from abroad. In dollars.

I am honestly very worried. CBN's actions in the past few months looks like panic reaction. A new irrational reation every week. A country's central bank should not be in panic mode. I am worried.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by kowalsky: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
lwisee:
Good move, most people sit behind their laptops, check the exchange rate on abokifx before giving you quotations.
The next thing you hear is 'Oga everything is expensive now ooo
Even 1 dollar is now N560 I swear, you can check abokifx'

Government need to shutdown the website as well.

You're out of touch with reality. If a mere fx tracking site can dictate the price of the Naira as you claim isn't that enough to label this contraption of a nation a failed entity

4 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
feckos:
Wow...very intelligent Governor undecided

All abokifx does is coordinate rates on the street. Information CBN can counter if they are transparent. Killing businesses is what we're good at in Nigeria.

CBN should fix and coordinate itself instead of chasing shadows.
Naira is sinking, Nigeria is sinking, CBN is playing games.

Dollar is definitely getting to #600 next week, market rates will now differ and spiral out of control.

I keep saying it that Godwin Emefiele is the worst CBN governor in Nigeria's history.

All his policies and actions have not helped the country in any way. Imagine a very useful platform like Abokifx getting shut down just because he doesn't want people to be aware of the steady, constant fall of the Naira under his administration...

Na wa! sad

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

Local substitute?? Please give me a local substitute for magnesium stearate. talcum powder, lactose, gelatin, sodium benzoate, ascorbic acid,?

Bro you guys dont understand how big Nigeria is... There are companies generating BILLIONS OF NAIRA MONTHLY IN SALES, with RAW MATERIAL REQUIREMENT OF BILLIONS OF NAIRA MONTHLY, which must all be shipped from abroad..

Big players i mentioned need dollars daily.. Emzor imports and uses AT LEAST 10 containers of paracetamol powder monthly (Each container is roughly $140,000 (20tons*$7 FOB), thats $1.4m just for one raw material.... Trust me, you dont understand the scale of business being done here in Nigeria. Now looking at CBN returns, emzor cant get more than $100-200k a month from her bank.. She has to buy the rest from black market... Understand?

I understand your point but i can authoritatively tell you not every business needs such, these figures are just been falsified,the black market you talk about don't print dollar's as well,they gathered whatever from the streets and remittance company,if emzor get such paltry amount each month,na which Aboki dey sell them the rest?

didn't emzor earn forex from sale's to West Africa region?

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by fxexperts: 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Nigerians & hypocrisy, why must they get their information from abokifx, did anyone make them the official website for forex info? Naijas must always look for a scapegoat, whilst the truth is that the lazy population with no innovation have not been able to export their commodities for foreign exchange, & are always look for a scapegoat. Instead of the price of commodities, it is forex they are watching?

All this Mumu Aboki when nor know anything about Forex exchange. my brother no country has the power to fix his own exchange rate for currencies without the market forces of inflation. If all countries are allowed to do so at will without inflation then money will become valueless like a piece of paper. The CBN under that he-goat is the worst Central bank governor in the history of human existence. Gosh i do not know where they get there financial advisers from or are they just plain stupid. why go after a guy who just give information about market prices , instead of them to do things that will make the exchange rate to come down in favour of the Naira.

When you block ATM from making international purchase. people who wish to make international purchase will not die or run out of business they will always look for a way to source for dollars and in turn their will be a high demand for the USD therefore Naira will keep nosediving as it is doing now.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

Brother, as someone who has pending bills in the bank for 5 months, you dont know what youre saying..

Call your bank now, say you want to import some raw material and the bill is $200,000.. see what they tell you. LOL

NIGERIA DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH DOLLARS!! The banks cant fund imports.. simple.. I have a bill in the bank for 5 months now, the amount is around $220,000, they have only given around $28,000 so far... Don't say what you dont know... if there was enough USD from banks at 410 why would prices of goods change... You mfg 3 items, why has your raw material cost gone up

As a manufacturer you should know that LCs and bills for collection for your imports for raw materials, machineries, and spares are not being funded..

The challenge here is that the system became too complex because the Nigeria government manufactured a parallel fx management system to benefit their cronies.

Your experience and whatever you think you know of import trade is an internal systemic problems manufactured by a government that invented a parallel fx system.

All you needed to do is have your naira equivalent of 220,000 USD at CBN rate in the bank and the bank remits the payments in the global reserve currency to your suppliers abroad. But due to round tripping occasioned by a parallel system the bankers are now trading with the reserve currency for instant profit.

It is not that there is no USD in the system but most of it is being floated for round tripping and profiteering.

220,000 is not much bro. Let's not advertise ourselves, it's round tripping and if you are in dire need of the money depending on the rate, Its always a call away.

The bdc system must be destroyed if Nigeria must survive

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

Truth is CBN doesnt have enough dollars to give as the BULK of dollars are given to PETROL importers to make sure price of FUEL doesn't rise.. If we werent importing fuel dollar would be 150 NAIRA..

As at the last check it's only NNPC that imports petroleum products tell me how I'll you go and demand dollars from the CBN for something you are not licence to do?
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
Solatium:

I understand your point but i can authoritatively tell you not every business needs such, these figures are just been falsified,the black market you talk about don't print dollar's as well,they gathered whatever from the streets and remittance company,if emzor get such paltry amount each month,na which Aboki dey sell them the rest?

didn't emzor earn forex from sale's to West Africa region?

MANY BUSINESSES need lots of USD. .Bro ill go back and find you a cbn FX return (list where cbn publishes what they give weekly years ago).. Im not going to argue but let me tell you again that demand for USD is in the millions daily.

#2. Aboki is not where emzor gets it.. People are buying inflow, funds from abroad, etc... Ill explain later.. but the bottom line is DEMAND >>>> SUPPLY = HIGHER PRICE... ECONOMICS 101

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
Solatium:

As at the last check it's only NNPC that imports petroleum products tell me how I'll you go and demand dollars from the CBN for something you are not licence to do?

YOu're missing the point.. Irrelevant who imports it.... Same result... OUR USD IS BEING SENT ABROAD FOR PETROL INSTEAD OF FUNDING LOCAL DEMAND

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by gurunlocker: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Expect naira to go to 800 soon
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by CooKeed(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:

You do not need bdc to import anything. You do not nerd dorm account to import anything. As a matter of fact I am sending a memo to CBN today to consider converting all dorm reserves to naira at CBN rate and closure of all bdc.

You do not need to source for usd to import, it is only in Nigeria you get all these parallel fx system. Simply pay your naira and get the dollars from bank at CBN rate to be paid out.

Having bdc and dorm accts destroyed Nigeria fx sector and must be stopped.

Now everyone is just scamming their way to glory under the pretext of affiliate marketing and importation and manufacturing. I am manufacture 3 products and I have businesses offshore too.

I am not a novice

If you believe you can walk into a bank and ask for any amount of dollars to import stuff, then you're clearly a novice.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
philip0906:

This is a ridiculous take. Absolute rookie take, that shows you're lying about being an importer/manufacturer. No single manufacturer/importer worth their onions will make this wild and ridiculous claims.

You will convert people's dollars to naira. How much are people holding in their dorm accounts? When you convert people's dollar to naira, you probably solve for just a fraction of the existing FX need. Now, no one will keep dollars in their accounts or in Nigeria. How will you solve for the FX needs which is in excess of $500 million monthly going forward? Where will the CBN get the dollars to meet up with the FX shortage?

Someone clearly explained why the CBN cannot meet the daily FX needs of importers & suppliers, you're here talking like you didn't do basic economics in school.

You're a complete novice my friend.

To solve Nigeria's problem you must shut down bdc and convert all fx to local currency. Full stop.

Your fx need is not a cash call, it is handled by correspondence banks in the countries you are importing from.
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
I found one RETURN ON CBN WHOLESALE FROM 2017.. And trust me their demand was much higher than given to them..

567 Customers, $95M given.. I can link you if you want.. But oil companies got like half of it..

Meanwhile companies like MTN, Airtel, Multichoice, also got a ton..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by oshonwambada: 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2021
Realdeals:
I was ruminating on the fact that CBN needs to monitors businesses that obtain FX at official rates from banks, most of them are greedy. They get FX at CBN rate to purchase goods and uses the AbokiFX rate in calculating selling price to the public, which isn't fair.

Blocking AbokiFX account won't solve it either.
u are right
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:

To solve Nigeria's problem you must shut down bdc and convert all fx to local currency. Full stop.

Your fx need is not a cash call, it is handled by correspondence banks in the countries you are importing from.

LOL stop arguing what you dont know.. LETS take your stance... We shut down BDC, and convert all FX to Naira..

Here's what will happen:

#1. USD remittance to Nigeria from people abroad will go to zero.
#2. Foreign investors who sent USD in here would all run away.

And here's the bigger problem, this still wont solve the demand gap.. CBN will still wake up with DAILY demand of $500M against $50M they're willing to give to avoid depleting the reserve too much

6 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

I never said many rich people fly private jet.. Im just telling you that theres enough money in the country that theres a private jet landing every few minutes in Legend terminal.

The problem is your are not exposed... I know lots and lots of people with that kind of money in their account.. Have you ever been to a upper society VIP wedding with thousands of rich guests?

Bro, there are MILLIONS of rich Nigerians who spend $thousands monthly.. You wont see them going to ATM machine, but you will see them in VIP clubs, Hotels, Airport Lounges, Business Class, First class Flights, etc..

You are telling that am not exposed grin because i couldn't agreed with your assumption,the fact you attended few party held by some elite's whose cost of party is placed on the state or their organisation doesn't mean there is money in the land.

For your education those who you see are not the real driver's of the economy,the down trodden people,those at the aswani market, Ladipo market aba and Idumota markets are the real driver's of the economy.

if your assumption is right there wouldn't have been so much poverty in the land,ask anyone that works in that banking sector they will tell you the majority of those who come to banks don't even have money,they only queue up to collect chop money ,it is so bad that people collect loans from apps just to feed,go and check default rate of loan repayment
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Lush100(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Oga and broses,
Why can't CBN post the rate daily.
No they don't.
Infact, bank will say , "these rates are only speculative" .
Now let me explain.
If.u go to big supermarket now,
U will find Fanta selling at 120 or maybe 130.
If u are anywhere , and people hawking it, the price is 150.
So I you just ask on the internet space how.much is Fanta.
Oga, the price u will here is 150.
That is the market price,
I prefer to drive down to buy at 120 ,
But what anyone can get outside is 150.
Are the hawkers response from the price differencial .
It's simply buying and selling his a vis cost.
If CBN publishes it's rate everyday and you can buy it at anytime u want.a that rate
That rate u buy it , that will be the market price.
The hawkers is that case is the market (black market) legally.
It is the demand or in real.sense scarcity that is making Dollars high bxos we are majorly importing and dollars is what we need to.make the purchases
The CBN can "never" convert money in domiciliary account to.naira because.we have foreigners, foreign companies, expartraite, and business tayt must trade internationally or collect their salary or.make.remittances in foreign currency.
Closing them.down will.mean them.leaving.
I have try.
I cannot type.again

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by jjman2322: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
CooKeed:

If you believe you can walk into a bank and ask for any amount of dollars to import stuff, then you're early a novice.

They dont get it.. Just told how I have a bill pending for 5 months with less than 10% funded.

hey guys, let me blow your mind.. NIGERIA DOESNT MAKE MUCH... Now youre at home right? Lets play a fun game!

That TV you're watching, Yes it was imported with USD... The phone you have, yup,, USD IMPORT.. oh yeah the power bank you're using, also USD.. That lovely car you're driving, YES USD IMPORT, your toilets, sink, tiles, bathroom fixings, WOW, ALL USD IMPORT FROM CHINA ALSO!,

That fridge youre using, yes all the components were imported from China.. INNOSON CARS!! YES, 100% of the parts are from CHINA( USD IMPORT), that laptop youre using now, yup, also from China.. The eletric heater that gives you hot water?? Who would have thought? its actually from China too! I can go on and on

5 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Newboss(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
alizma:

You don't know how their action can work against the CBN measures to bring the rate down.
About 80% of the people using the black market get information on the rate from their site, now that BDC has been stopped, it is illegal for them to continue to post rate for the business they are not allowed to run again but unfortunately this guys can use their platform to create artificial rise in the rate which will eventually create rush among the buyers and before you know it, the artificial rate becomes the actual rate on the street (black market).
The only rate that should be publish is the bank rate, whatever you get your own outside is your own business which you can share as an individual but not as an organized body.

Actually, BDC was not stopped. CBN only stopped selling currencies to BDC.

If BDC source for their own dollars, then they decide how much they sell and buy the dollars based on demand and supply.

CBN has greatly limited the amount of dollars that banks should sell, hence BDC are the ones offering unlimited and unconditional supply of dollars. Hence, BDC solves a problem CBN created. Hence, BDC controls the market.

You want to buy dollars from banks? Good luck getting the dollars!

6 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

YOu're missing the point.. Irrelevant who imports it.... Same result... OUR USD IS BEING SENT ABROAD FOR PETROL INSTEAD OF FUNDING LOCAL DEMAND

There something call balance of trade,your NNPC pay for whatever forex spendings from their account that domicile in JP Morgan, Chase and the rest of them,they do not need to move physical dollar's for payment.
Bro get proper education on this things, this singular argument has just point me where and how you get your mind set
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by philip0906(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:

Lmao! You keep giving yourself away as someone who doesn't know jack. grin grin grin

I have Naira and want to settle for goods in China, quoted in USD. Who will collect my naira in exchange for the USD? What rate will the person/business who collects that naira, use? The CBN rate that will mean he'll loose the value of that naira?

You're most likely a high school student with your elementary takes.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by HEAVEN4444: 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

You underestimate the power of population. Take a drive to LEGEND HOTEL LAGOS private terminal... Theres at least one private jet landing every 5-10mins..

Nigeria has 200M people.. Assume only just 1% are ultra wealthy, thats 2,000,000 people with net worth of $1m+

Now assume 10% are rich(travel abroad, etc), thats 20,000,000 people with net worth of $100,000+

These are very low estimates... Even the poorest countries in the world have at least 10% rich population...

Go to lagos airport ikeja... thousands of people fly out everyday on tickets that cost $1000+ each..

Drive down to banana island, VI, Ikoyi, Its human beings who own the thousands of houses there that cost hundreds of millions to a few billion naira..

Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
CooKeed:

If you believe you can walk into a bank and ask for any amount of dollars to import stuff, then you're early a novice.

Any bank or Nigeria banks. I have to repeat this again and again. I said all your complexity of FX is due to the falsely manufactured FX operations by the CBN.

You do not need to have dorm accts in any other countries to import stuff.

Take away the dorms and parallel FX system and the default system is easier using corresponding banks to handle trades
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by CooKeed(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
TimeSpaceWizard:

And how do you Nigerian banks settle the correspondent banks? In Naira?

With respect, I don't think you fully understand how these things work.
Re: CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts by Solatium(m): 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
jjman2322:

MANY BUSINESSES need lots of USD. .Bro ill go back and find you a cbn FX return (list where cbn publishes what they give weekly years ago).. Im not going to argue but let me tell you again that demand for USD is in the millions daily.

#2. Aboki is not where emzor gets it.. People are buying inflow, funds from abroad, etc... Ill explain later.. but the bottom line is DEMAND >>>> SUPPLY = HIGHER PRICE... ECONOMICS 101

Now you are beginning to get my point, irrespective of whatever you do,there is limitations to your needs and capacity,emzor has a production capacity and a market to serve those two things will determine their forex needs which will be meet either through legal or illegal means,what that means is you can't exceed your needs,there is no point.

Whatever you see on those sheets are just mere falsification,an average Nigerian is a crook. bankers, government officials, manufacturer and end users.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pics Of Crying Emeka Offor Being Consoled By Dignitaries At His Father's Burial / I Mistakenly Borrowed From A Loan App #15,000 To Pay #19,500 In 2 Weeks [Pics] / Photos From Aliko Dangote's 60th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.