Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time (1385 Views)

Messi Has To Retire For Someone Else To Be Regarded As Best – Haaland / Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce / World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by orohbiro(f): 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
Am not a fan of both but I give fact and speak the truth .
We have so many amazing players to has play the game the likes of harzard, okocha,figo, IBRA,Beckham and so amazing talents people u see don't play with records even in athletics u can see a good runner who finish top but his main focus is records in which Cristiano ronaldo hold an edge over messi. Because the younger generation coming up will believe in records not how good u are , give ronaldinho 30 years time no body will even remembered he play football we will only remember him as a pass baloon dor or winner the likes of van basten we don't kW what he did but will remember his as a. Baloon do or winner. As for ronaldo when the younger generation keep asking who have the most champion leagues goals, international goals, most Madrid goals, Portugal all time scorer, top scorers in 3 most recognize league, top scorers at the euro he will be seen in their eyes as the goat. Because records speaks the number of dribbles or chances created won't be on the arguments then because the most important thing in football is at the back of the net, while we still regard Pele as the greatest is the number of goals he scored and trophies no body is talking about dribbles again. Messi will only be remember for winning 6 balloon do or but Cristiano Ronaldo would be seen up there with Pele and romario. Messi would be seen as d greatest ever barca player but ronaldo will be seen as a multi winner with different teams he is already been voted as the greatest player in Epl

5 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by unbitchable(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
Who is this thing?

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by paulolee(m): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
person no go find food chop, instead na to smoke az till e brain off, come online, on network n drop thread while d brain is still off
a player with such trophies n only man dead or alive with more balloons d or naim football go forget just like dt?

3 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2021
unbitchable:
Who is this thing?
grin grin
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
paulolee:
person no go find food chop, instead na to smoke az till e brain off, come online, on network n drop thread while d brain is still off
a player with such trophies n only man dead or alive with more balloons d or naim football go forget just like dt?
so you even understand wetin the op write??
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
But its a fact.. just imagine 50 yrs from now...man u fans go to Wikipedia to check man u history and records,... Ronaldo's name will pop up ....real madrid fans will visit club website and the same name will pop up record scorer...juve fans will check club website, and same name will pop up... they check international goal record and same name pops up ...they check champions league goal record and name pops up , they randomly check top scorers in Euros history and name still pops up... I never watched the late akfredo di stephano play , but I got to know him cos commentators talked about the champions league top scorer as of then , that was ard 2000 and it was all about his 49 goal record.... and his record goals for real madrid.... what Ronaldo has done has never been done by any player in history of football and I doubt if anyone can achieve that .... broke records in Manchester , broke records in madrid and broke records in turn and set records in Portugal.... 4 big countries, 3 large cities ...

5 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by orohbiro(f): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
paulolee:
messi will be remembered by Barcelona fans but the world can't forget what ronaldo did at Madrid, mashester and Turin and Portugal. No body will remembered most dribbles or chances created the person that hold international goal records nobody kW how he look like but Pele stand tall the balloon do or messi won is nothing

5 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by DareyFortified: 2:23am On Sep 17, 2021
orohbiro:
We have so many amazing players to has play the game the likes of harzard, okocha,figo, IBRA,Beckham and so amazing talents people u see don't play with records even in athletics u can see a good runner who finish top but his main focus is records in which Cristiano ronaldo hold an edge over messi. Because the younger generation coming up will believe in records not how good u are , give ronaldinho 30 years time no body will even remembered he play football we will only remember him as a pass baloon dor or winner the likes of van basten we don't kW what he did but will remember his as a. Baloon do or winner. As for ronaldo when the younger generation keep asking who have the most champion leagues goals, international goals, most Madrid goals, Portugal all time scorer, top scorers in 3 most recognize league, top scorers at the euro he will be seen in their eyes as the goat. Because records speaks the number of dribbles or chances created won't be on the arguments then because the most important thing in football is at the back of the net, while we still regard Pele as the greatest is the number of goals he scored and trophies no body is talking about dribbles again. Messi will only be remember for winning 6 balloon do or but Cristiano Ronaldo would be seen up there with Pele and romario. Messi would be seen as d greatest ever barca player but ronaldo will be seen as a multi winner with different teams he is already been voted as the greatest player in Epl

Some of you just come here and say rubbish, so are you saying Messi did not have any world records? Lol.
I would have love to list out all of Messi's record but I'm sure you knew already you are just trying to favor your Ronaldo.

But still I will just mention just 5 record
Messi has that no player in the world has ever had before:
The most balor 'dor award in the world
The most Golden boot in the world
The most pichichi award in the world
The most playmaker award in the world
The most International MVP in the world

I would have mentioned his goals record, but mehn we all know Messi is more than goals.

Despite holding the record for being the only player with the highest assist beyond every other player that has ever lived or still living. Messi is still the best dribbler of all time.

Ronaldo is a great player, and I respect him alot but take away his goals he is nothing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by DareyFortified: 2:24am On Sep 17, 2021
orohbiro:

Some of you just come here and say rubbish, so are you saying Messi did not have any world records? Lol.
I would have love to list out all of Messi's record but I'm sure you knew already you are just trying to favor your Ronaldo.

But still I will just mention just 5 record
Messi has that no player in the world has ever had before:
The most balor 'dor award in the world
The most Golden boot in the world
The most pichichi award in the world
The most playmaker award in the world
The most International MVP in the world

I would have mentioned his goals record, but mehn we all know Messi is more than goals.

Despite holding the record for being the only player with the highest assist beyond every other player that has ever lived or still living. Messi is still the best dribbler of all time.

Ronaldo is a great player, and I respect him alot but take away his goals he is nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 3:32am On Sep 17, 2021
Do u even know the meaning of the pichichi??

Which one is most play maker award??

With the way messi fans reason...its certain that people that believe that Ronaldo is better than Messi are most likely to succeed in life ...

Just like Trump .... there is a reason y he is more successful than messi especially in media ... they hv 2 types of people in the world...leaders and followers... there are more followers on earth that leaders when it comes to mentality... No naturally gifted leader or business man will take messi above Ronaldo... the qualities Ronaldo possesses is likened tech gurus that made something out of nothing.... its very difficult to explain...only a very few intelligent ones will understand... the foolish ones will come here to quote me with insults cos there brains are not equipped to understand... I hv asked about over 15 of my friends or business partners that are highly successful but are not interested in sports or football... tho they know bout the 2 players ... 3 of these my friends are pure Americans ( Caucasians) 2 works in Wall Street and another runs a successful tech company in silicon Valley... they said they have read about their achievements and watched a few of their games , every single one said they will take Ronaldo ahead of messi cos Ronaldo is business minded and will most likely achieve targets ahead of messi...

Some if my friends I drink with and gist with and are football fans say messi cos they just look at game play...but these my other business friends said that versatile statistics in different situations gives Ronaldo the edge... in other words, messi is a fancy player that has more pitch dazzles , but the outcome matters most and thats important goals...

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by paulolee(m): 5:35am On Sep 17, 2021
orohbiro:
messi will be remembered by Barcelona fans but the world can forget what ronaldo did at Madrid, mashester and Turin and Portugal. No body will remembered most dribbles or chances created the person that hold international goal records nobody kW how he look like but Pele stand tall the balloon do or messi won is nothing
ur opinion though bt messi is more loved n already a more legendary figure than cr7..
till den sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 6:13am On Sep 17, 2021
paulolee:

ur opinion though bt messi is more loved n already a more legendary figure than cr7..
till den sha..

Messi more loved u say but Ronaldo is the most followed person on the planet on social media ... Ronaldo is more of a legend, cos his legendary moves across 4 great footballing nations

4 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

With the way messi fans reason...its certain that people that believe that Ronaldo is better than Messi are most likely to succeed in life ...

Just like Trump .... there is a reason y he is more successful than messi especially in media ... they hv 2 types of people in the world...leaders and followers... there are more followers on earth that leaders when it comes to mentality... No naturally gifted leader or business man will take messi above Ronaldo... the qualities Ronaldo possesses is likened tech gurus that made something out of nothing.... its very difficult to explain...only a very few intelligent ones will understand... the foolish ones will come here to quote me with insults cos there brains are not equipped to understand... I hv asked about over 15 of my friends or business partners that are highly successful but are not interested in sports or football... tho they know bout the 2 players ... 3 of these my friends are pure Americans ( Caucasians) 2 works in Wall Street and another runs a successful tech company in silicon Valley... they said they have read about their achievements and watched a few of their games , every single one said they will take Ronaldo ahead of messi cos Ronaldo is business minded and will most likely achieve targets ahead of messi...

Some if my friends I drink with and gist with and are football fans say messi cos they just look at game play...but these my other business friends said that versatile statistics in different situations gives Ronaldo the edge... in other words, messi is a fancy player that has more pitch dazzles , but the outcome matters most and thats important goals...
Messi is a silent achiever.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2021/04/12/soccer-legend-lionel-messi-adds-luxury-ski-resort-to-his-growing-hotel-empire/?sh=667b92696c28

This is Forbes. A very reliable source just in case you want to argue.

Note this.......if Messi decide to use PR companies and the Media to promote his image and investments, you'll realize how inferior Ronaldo is to him. That's why I laugh at the ignorance of most Ronaldo fans whenever I hear them say, CR7 is a brand and M10 isn't......... He can as well make it a booming brand but he's not concern about things like branding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by paulolee(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

Messi more loved u say but Ronaldo is the most followed person on the planet on social media ... Ronaldo is more of a legend, cos his legendary moves across 4 great footballing nations
ur opinion bro, I no fit ague am...Mk e no cause aguement..
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by DareyFortified: 9:10am On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

I understand the fact that you lack football knowledge, cus if you do, you will be able to see that every available stat today puts Messi ahead of Ronaldo.

Funny enough, why are those people who were goal machines like Greg muller, Josef Bican and Alli Diae that scored high amount of goals are never discussed in the GOAT argument? I didn't watch either Pele or Maradona play but ever since I was born I've been hearing they were fantastic players. And people who watched them play still confirmed that Messi is better than both of them. You can go on YouTube and watch why Pele or Maradona is great, is not just because of goals.

I'm a tech guru too, and let's face the fact there are people who just have the natural ability to do things others find difficult to do. You can't compare someone who is naturally gifted to do things with someone who is not.

And let's be clear, I understand you wants to show off that you have friends in wall street, which I don't give a Bleep about. Wall street business is different from football. I can't be asking snoop Dogg to provide me with the cure of cancer. Snoop is not a medical doctor.

Messi is the most successful footballer to ever play football. You can go and check it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by ThierryJay: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2021
Another Cr7 fan bororo way of thinking. Please tell me the record Maradona set 30-40 years ago that made Fifa and the world recognize him as the best player alongside Pele. When you are good you are good and no number of years that pass will diminish your legacy.

And Op is even making it look like Messi doesnt have records when the most significant records are held by Messi.

-Most world player of the year awards.
-Most number of goals in a season.
-Most goals in a calendar year.

The above records show concentrated brilliance and not a record that can be just amassed through the passage of time like most international goals.

OP thinks Man Utd fans represent the whole world. Majority of ex-players outside Man Utd and Barca and sports journalists already recognize Messi as better than CR. All Barca ex-players and fans consider Messi as better while there quite a considerable number of Manutd ex-players and even fans that see Messi as better. Same applies to Real madrid.

What does the above tell you? that Messi has a wider base globally that recognize him as GOAT than CR. Those touting CR as better are the anomaly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 9:46am On Sep 17, 2021
ThierryJay:
Another Cr7 fan bororo way of thinking. Please tell me the record Maradona set 30-40 years ago that made Fifa and the world recognize him as the best player alongside Pele. When you are good you are good and no number of years that pass will diminish your legacy.

And Op is even making it look like Messi doesnt have records when the most significant records are held by Messi.

-Most world player of the year awards.
-Most number of goals in a season.
-Most goals in a calendar year.

The above records show concentrated brilliance and not a record that can be just amassed through the passage of time like most international goals.

OP thinks Man Utd fans represent the whole world. Majority of ex-players outside Man Utd and Barca and sports journalists already recognize Messi as better than CR. All Barca ex-players and fans consider Messi as better while there quite a considerable number of Manutd ex-players and even fans that see Messi as better. Same applies to Real madrid.

What does the above tell you? that Messi has a wider base globally that recognize him as GOAT than CR. Those touting CR as better are the anomaly.
The ignorance of some Ronaldo fans stints.......See the other one ranting about Ronaldo's business acumen cos he discussed with some imaginary friends & business associates in wall street when a reputable media brand like forbes recognizes Messi as a better business man.

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by ThierryJay: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
The ignorance of some Ronaldo fans stints.......See the other one ranting about Ronaldo's business acumen cos he discussed with some imaginary friends & business associates in wall street when a reputable media brand like forbes recognizes Messi as a better business man.

My brother chop knuckle. I have said it previously on another thread that If Messi were to have the same loud and braggadocious character like Zlatan, omo the football world no go contain his rivals so much that even CR go run for cover. CR wey go win ordinary community shield come dey write motivational epistle say hin don achieve another "Herculean" task for another man land o. Messi that will win Copa del rey and you will not hear pim from his mouth or hear him scream how more successful he had now become.

You know that for the last few years Messi has earned more money than CR but we his fans haven't been making it a bragging point cos why we love Messi is not for the sideshows but for his pure football. Prior to those years when CR was earning more in total, the Pendulums were always screaming how CR is richer and more marketable, more SM fans and even using it as an argument point for determining who is GOAT. Can you imagine the stup1dity?

Messi is a silent assassin and he always wins in the end.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2021
ThierryJay:

My brother chop knuckle. I have said it previously on another thread that If Messi were to have the same loud and braggadocious character like Zlatan, omo the football world no go contain his rivals so much that even CR go run for cover. CR wey go win ordinary community shield come dey write motivational epistle say hin don achieve another "Herculean" task for another man land o. Messi that will win Copa del rey and you will not hear pim from his mouth or hear him scream how more successful he had now become.

You know that for the last few years Messi has earned more money than CR but we his fans haven't been making it a bragging point cos why we love Messi is not for the sideshows but for his pure football. Prior to those years when CR was earning more in total, the Pendulums were always screaming how CR is richer and more marketable, more SM fans and even using it as an argument point for determining who is GOAT. Can you imagine the stup1dity?

Messi is a silent assassin and he always wins in the end.
Exactly the point.....Messi is matured enough to allow his achievements speak while Ronaldo's family & social media handlers use every available tool to promote his image and these are some of the salient reason we have repeatedly told his fanboys Messi is not in any competition with their goat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

I understand the fact that you lack football knowledge, cus if you do, you will be able to see that every available stat today puts Messi ahead of Ronaldo.

Funny enough, why are those people who were goal machines like Greg muller, Josef Bican and Alli Diae that scored high amount of goals are never discussed in the GOAT argument? I didn't watch either Pele or Maradona play but ever since I was born I've been hearing they were fantastic players. And people who watched them play still confirmed that Messi is better than both of them. You can go on YouTube and watch why Pele or Maradona is great, is not just because of goals.

I'm a tech guru too, and let's face the fact there are people who just have the natural ability to do things others find difficult to do. You can't compare someone who is naturally gifted to do things with someone who is not.

And let's be clear, I understand you wants to show off that you have friends in wall street, which I don't give a Bleep about. Wall street business is different from football. I can't be asking snoop Dogg to provide me with the cure of cancer. Snoop is not a medical doctor.

Messi is the most successful footballer to ever play football. You can go and check it.

U are one of the most delusional humans beings I hv come across on the Internet.... what was pele known for ?? What was puskas known for?? What was Alfredo di stefano known for?? What was shearer known for??

According to u, Messi has broken all available stats , of course irrelevant stats that u messi minions move about stat padding.... highest assist, highest striking of cross bar , highest key pass, highest man of match award, highest number of thru pass , highest number of back pass ,highest humber of drbbles, highest number of curlers ....nonsense, nonsense stats... major stats , highest number of goals in international football (Ronaldo) highest number of club goals ( Ronaldo) ....I can go on and on... its certain u messi fans are sooooo jealous that Ronaldo has records u wished Messi had , and its making u guys sooo bitter and thats y u guys hv run to irrelevant stats to keep up with Ronaldos stats...

The only stat that Messi has over Ronaldo presently is the balon dor which of course we know awards are always sentimental and dies not actually justify the best cis if we used that as a perimeter, then its also fair to say modric is better than iniesta and xavi and that cannavaro is better than Maldini or gentile ... or ud say VVD is better than ramos ... I can bet u dont even know the person that had the record of valon dor wins b4 messi and Ronaldo, ud hv to Google it now to check... u dont hv to , its Johan cruyff with 3 balon dors ...but no one talks about him like pele and maradona that dint even win one... thats cos people don't care about awards ... only major titles and goals... The people of Brazil sing praises about pele cos he won them 3 world cups smashing in crazy goals ... the people of Argentina sing praises about maradona because of 86 WC ... the people of Portugal sing praises about Ronaldo cis he gave Portugal its first ever international title ... pele and maradona were striking teams like Italy, Spain, England, Belgium, Germany out of world cup and ur midget has only scored mediocre teams in tournaments..... he has never in in career scored a former world champion in a tournament, be it copa or world cup and u call him greatest... out of his 120 champions league goals , about 100 came in the group stage playing minors... Ronaldo has half of his champions league goals coming in knockouts... messi's half international goals come from friendlies ...Ronaldo only has 15% of his 111 goals coming from friendlies

4 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Messi is a silent achiever.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2021/04/12/soccer-legend-lionel-messi-adds-luxury-ski-resort-to-his-growing-hotel-empire/?sh=667b92696c28

This is Forbes. A very reliable source just in case you want to argue.

Note this.......if Messi decide to use PR companies and the Media to promote his image and investments, you'll realize how inferior Ronaldo is to him. That's why I laugh at the ignorance of most Ronaldo fans whenever I hear them say, CR7 is a brand and M10 isn't......... He can as well make it a booming brand but he's not concern about things like branding

Messi can never brand like Ronaldo... to start with messi doesn't hv the looks , Ronaldo has the looks of a model , Ronaldo has played in different nations and performed highly.... fashion sense , he flaws messi .... charisma, he flaws messi , he is outspoken ... he is fluent in English .... if it comes to Hollywood and producers should wanna take one ,out if the 2 fo a lead role in a movie, who do u think they will pick?? Ronaldo looks like an action star .... the whole world tuned in to watch his game against Newscatle...itvwas one of the most watched games on TV.... a TV commentator in Germany said while he and his colleagues were commenting on the Dortmund leverkusen game which was an epic game, they abandoned it to scream goaaal when Ronaldo scored against Newscatle.... /thats the guy knows how to hit head lines ... he broke the international record in style... scoring 2 late goals against Ireland to turn the game around

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by DareyFortified: 11:19am On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are one of the most delusional humans beings I hv come across on the Internet.... what was pele known for ?? What was puskas known for?? What was Alfredo di stefano known for?? What was shearer known for??

According to u, Messi has broken all available stats , of course irrelevant stats that u messi minions move about stat padding.... highest assist, highest striking of cross bar , highest key pass, highest man of match award, highest number of thru pass , highest number of back pass ,highest humber of drbbles, highest number of curlers ....nonsense, nonsense stats... major stats , highest number of goals in international football (Ronaldo) highest number of club goals ( Ronaldo) ....I can go on and on... its certain u messi fans are sooooo jealous that Ronaldo has records u wished Messi had , and its making u guys sooo bitter and thats y u guys hv run to irrelevant stats to keep up with Ronaldos stats...

The only stat that Messi has over Ronaldo presently is the balon dor which of course we know awards are always sentimental and dies not actually justify the best cis if we used that as a perimeter, then its also fair to say modric is better than iniesta and xavi and that cannavaro is better than Maldini or gentile ... or ud say VVD is better than ramos ... I can bet u dont even know the person that had the record of valon dor wins b4 messi and Ronaldo, ud hv to Google it now to check... u dont hv to , its Johan cruyff with 3 balon dors ...but no one talks about him like pele and maradona that dint even win one... thats cos people don't care about awards ... only major titles and goals... The people of Brazil sing praises about pele cos he won them 3 world cups smashing in crazy goals ... the people of Argentina sing praises about maradona because of 86 WC ... the people of Portugal sing praises about Ronaldo cis he gave Portugal its first ever international title ... pele and maradona were striking teams like Italy, Spain, England, Belgium, Germany out of world cup and ur midget has only scored mediocre teams in tournaments..... he has never in in career scored a former world champion in a tournament, be it copa or world cup and u call him greatest... out of his 120 champions league goals , about 100 came in the group stage playing minors... Ronaldo has half of his champions league goals coming in knockouts... messi's half international goals come from friendlies ...Ronaldo only has 15% of his 111 goals coming from friendlies

Lol grin
Like I said after everything you've said about Ronaldo, which most of them are incorrect the only thing you talked about is his Goals. And if it's only goals you use to determine who the best player is, then I'm sorry your don't know shit about football.

Come to even think of it, even in goals Messi still beat Ronaldo.

Messi have won more personal awards than Ronaldo
Messi have more international trophies than Ronaldo

So no matter how you want to judge it, whether goals, assist, achievement, awards, trophies, and even highest paid grin, Messi will always be better.

Know this and know peace.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

Lol grin
Like I said after everything you've said about Ronaldo, which most of them are incorrect the only thing you talked about is his Goals. And if it's only goals you use to determine who the best player is, then I'm sorry your don't know shit about football.

So no matter how you want to judge it, whether goals, assist, achievement, awards, trophies, and even highest paid grin, Messi will always be better.

U think its just by u writing trash ( typical messi fans) how does messi have more international trophies and how does messi have more goals... u are delusional

Euros and nations league 2
Copa 1

International goals 111 Ronaldo
International goals 79 messi
Club goals Ronaldo 690
Club goals messi 681

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Natural441(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

Ode, your ignorance is top notch
You said Portugal praise Ronaldo because he gave Dem euro and Messi no gave Argentina Copa abi? Messi take Argentina to 2014 w/c final if not that big head striker and Messi own the Best player for the tournament, Ronaldo has not smell w/c quarter final in his whole life.

Messi had 4 sliva and 1 gold international medal, Ronaldo just have 1 gold

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Natural441(m): 11:53am On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

U think its just by u writing trash ( typical messi fans) how does messi have more international trophies and how does messi have more goals... u are delusional

Euros and nations league 2
Copa 1

International goals 111 Ronaldo
International goals 79 messi
Club goals Ronaldo 690
Club goals messi 681

If you join nations league

Then Messi won super cup for Argentina
Make the cup be 2

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by orohbiro(f): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

Lol grin

Ronaldo has more international trophies than messi

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2021
Natural441:

If you join nations league

Then Messi won super cup for Argentina
Make the cup be 2

What is super cup?? Why do u messi fans like forcing crap stats.... thats y he is the most overrated football player in history... if its not Olympics, its junior world cup... Next think ud bring up assists and key passes...irrelevant stats ...

Ronaldo has the record as the only player to have scored in 3 different champions league final for 2 different teams against 3 different teams ...

Only player to have scored 4 goals total in a champions league final

Messi has only scored 2 against same team .... mention one game for both club and Country that Messi overturned the game from a loosing position and I will mention 5 games that Ronaldo did that ...important games ...start...waiting

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by kenzysmith: 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
There is element of truth in what d op said goals is what count style of play don't count

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by mummyson26(m): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

Messi can never brand like Ronaldo... to start with messi doesn't hv the looks , Ronaldo has the looks of a model , Ronaldo has played in different nations and performed highly.... fashion sense , he flaws messi .... charisma, he flaws messi , he is outspoken ... he is fluent in English .... if it comes to Hollywood and producers should wanna take one ,out if the 2 fo a lead role in a movie, who do u think they will pick?? Ronaldo looks like an action star .... the whole world tuned in to watch his game against Newscatle...itvwas one of the most watched games on TV.... a TV commentator in Germany said while he and his colleagues were commenting on the Dortmund leverkusen game which was an epic game, they abandoned it to scream goaaal when Ronaldo scored against Newscatle.... /thats the guy knows how to hit head lines ... he broke the international record in style... scoring 2 late goals against Ireland to turn the game around
Den if we go by logic david beckahm is better than zidane and Luis figo ba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
mummyson26:

Den if we go by logic david beckahm is better than zidane and Luis figo ba?

How is David Beckham better than both??
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Natural441(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
Messi has only scored 2 against same team .... mention one game for both club and Country that Messi overturned the game from a loosing position and I will mention 5 games that Ronaldo did that ...important games ...start...waiting [/quote]

I just dey laugh you, Messi have turn many games around that I can't mention, but let me tell you this since you asked there is this game against athletico Madrid Messi was on beach den,the first half Torres score for athletico after the first,the Spanish media interview simeone why he didn't jubilate about Torres goal,he replied that MESSI is still warming up lol, when Messi enter the field in second half did you know what ended the match and who score the goals,lol there is level of this shit Even coaches knows that if Messi is not on the field yet and they are winning the game at the moment,if Messi enter the field they know they can it lose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

[s]Messi can never brand like Ronaldo... to start with messi doesn't hv the looks , Ronaldo has the looks of a model , Ronaldo has played in different nations and performed highly.... fashion sense , he flaws messi .... charisma, he flaws messi , he is outspoken ... he is fluent in English .... if it comes to Hollywood and producers should wanna take one ,out if the 2 fo a lead role in a movie, who do u think they will pick?? Ronaldo looks like an action star .... the whole world tuned in to watch his game against Newscatle...itvwas one of the most watched games on TV.... a TV commentator in Germany said while he and his colleagues were commenting on the Dortmund leverkusen game which was an epic game, they abandoned it to scream goaaal when Ronaldo scored against Newscatle.... /thats the guy knows how to hit head lines ... he broke the international record in style... scoring 2 late goals against Ireland to turn the game around[/s]
I will liken it to the case of two(2) very good students. Let me call them Student A (Messi) & Student B (Ronaldo). They happen to be the best students in class but student A (Messi) is known to be the most brilliant guy who is humble, quiet and hates to be in the spotlight while Student B (Ronaldo), another very brilliant student has been putting relentless efforts to outdo student A (Messi) in academics. He answers questions in class (Press) and would go as far as organizing extra classes (Instagram) to prove a point to other students (FANS) & lecturers (COACHES) that he is better than student A (Messi) meanwhile Lecturers (COACHES) and School Management (UEFA & FIFA) acknowledge the fact that no student can match the academic prowess and achievements of student A (Messi). When Student B ( Ronaldo) realized student A (Messi) is an indomitable lion in academics, he started using other medium (PR Companies, Social Media & Family) to boost his image outside academic line like participating in school politics and also organizing social nights on campus just to be considered versatile by other students (FANS). It is not like Student A (Messi) can't use same strategy as Student B (Ronaldo) boost his image further but he doesn't deem it necessary.

From day one, Ronaldo is known to be a show boy and whatever you see or know about him today is the job of a good branding company. He likes attention and always want to be in the news. His own way of measuring up is by showing interest in things Messi does not consider relevant.

According to you, he's outspoken and flaws Messi in fashion sense & Charisma. I will consider this your personal opinion cos this isn't a statement of fact.

Not talking often does not mean he's not outspoken.

You have no proof to measure who has a better fashion sense cos Messi is a very private person.

Charisma?? By your logic, charisma is about IG followers but know this, I follow Ronaldo but I am not his fan just like many others.

Action star? grin grin.......omo, your point about Hollywood is based on assumption. If actors were selected based on your criteria, then Denzel Washington & Jimmie Fox will still be begging producers for roles.

Please where's your prove that the whole world tune to watch Man U vs Newcastle??

So the commentators were running commentary and watching Man u vs Newcastle at the same time??

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EPL: How Cristiano Ronaldo Caused Tuchel’s Sack At Chelsea / What If Nigeria Did Not Qualify For World Cup? / NFF TECHNICAL CHAIRMAN CHRIS GREEN MUST APOLOGISE TO TB JOSHUA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.