Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time (1406 Views)

Messi Has To Retire For Someone Else To Be Regarded As Best – Haaland / Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce / World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Elzakzaky: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

Ronaldo is a great player, and I respect him alot but take away his goals he is nothing.

You re a comedian. But dont worry. You will soon know who the one true goat is, cos Messi cant perform outside Barca

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I will liken it to the case of two(2) very good students. Let me call them Student A (Messi) & Student B (Ronaldo). They happen to be the best students in class but student A (Messi) is known to be the most brilliant guy who is humble, quiet and hates to be in the spotlight while Student B (Ronaldo), another very brilliant student has been putting relentless efforts to outdo student A (Messi) in academics. He answers questions in class (Press) and would go as far as organizing extra classes (Instagram) to prove a point to other students (FANS) & lecturers (COACHES) that he is better than student A (Messi) meanwhile Lecturers (COACHES) and School Management (UEFA & FIFA) acknowledge the fact that no student can match the academic prowess and achievements of student A (Messi). When Student B ( Ronaldo) realized student A (Messi) is an indomitable lion in academics, he started using other medium (PR Companies, Social Media & Family) to boost his image outside academic line like participating in school politics and also organizing social nights on campus just to be considered versatile by other students (FANS). It is not like Student A (Messi) can't use same strategy as Student B (Ronaldo) boost his image further but he doesn't deem it necessary.

From day one, Ronaldo is known to be a show boy and whatever you see or know about him today is the job of a good branding company. He likes attention and always want to be in the news. His own way of measuring up is by showing interest in things Messi does not consider relevant.

According to you, he's outspoken and flaws Messi in fashion sense & Charisma. I will consider this your personal opinion cos this isn't a statement of fact.

Not talking often does not mean he's not outspoken.

You have no proof to measure who has a better fashion sense cos Messi is a very private person.

Charisma?? By your logic, charisma is about IG followers but know this, I follow Ronaldo but I am not his fan just like many others.

Action star? grin grin.......omo, your point about Hollywood is based on assumption. If actors were selected based on your criteria, then Denzel Washington & Jimmie Fox will still be begging producers for roles.

Please where's your prove that the whole world tune to watch Man U vs Newcastle??

So the commentators were running commentary and watching Man u vs Newcastle at the same time??

U just posted crap....ur analogy is flawed... how is messi unmatchable?? Ronaldo is wanted by the press...he doesn't go to the press... how many interviews hv u seen him grant ?? .and how is messi better than him?? Ur analogy is based on academics... now the champions league which is a yearly competition determines the best in club football ...so if the champions league is likened to waec.... Ronaldo has passed it more than messi 5 times to 4 and has better grades 135 to 120...

If its jamb , he still flaws messi with 111 goals to 79 ...also he passed jamb ( Euros) with average students ( Portugal)first 5yrs b4 messi finally passed after 13 attempts ( since 2006) ... despite messi schooling in better conditions and better students around him ( Argentina) ...
Argentina is like say uniben cos they are recognised due to past achievement
Portugal is like university of akwa ibom...they dont have history ... the student Ronaldo, was the first ti creat history for them
Messi winning award for best student 5-4 compared to Ronaldo is based on sentiments as u said, people wud easily go for the ones they feel is humble ... but the result is what matters ...of which Ronaldo has a better result

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

U just posted crap....ur analogy is flawed... how is messi unmatchable?? Ronaldo is wanted by the press...he doesn't go to the press... how many interviews hv u seen him grant ?? .and how is messi better than him?? Ur analogy is based on academics... now the champions league which is a yearly competition determines the best in club football ...so if the champions league is likened to waec.... Ronaldo has passed it more than messi 5 times to 4 and has better grades 135 to 120...

If its jamb , he still flaws messi with 111 goals to 79 ...also he passed jamb ( Euros) with average students ( Portugal)first 5yrs b4 messi finally passed after 13 attempts ( since 2006) ... despite messi schooling in better conditions and better students around him ( Argentina) ...
Portugal is like university of akwa ibom...they dont have history ... the student Ronaldo, was the first ti creat history for them
Messi winning award for best student 5-4 compared to Ronaldo is based on sentiments as u said, people wud easily go for the ones they feel is humble ... but the result is what matters ...of which Ronaldo has a better result
Champions league is won by a team not individual.

This clearly shows individual achievements.
UCL Top Scorer
Ronaldo.......7
Messi............6

European Golden Boot
Ronaldo.......4
Messi...........6

Balon D'or
Ronaldo.......5
Messi...........6

Portugal was never an average team??
Euro2004 finalist & 2006 World Cup Semi-finalist.

Any team with players like Quaresma, Moutinho, Pepe, Coentrao, Bosingwa, Cavalho, Ronaldo, Nani, Deco, Brune Alves and Meireless cannot be considered an average team.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by DareyFortified: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

After all assement done with everything you've written, I will concluded by saying you don't know shit about football, you don't deal with facts or logic and all your anologies are totally misplaced.

I get the fact that you love Ronaldo and I can't dispute that. And yes you are emotionally attached him, that's why every of your argument are based on emotions not logic.

Ronaldo is a great player, probably the best goal scorer of all time, but comparing him with Messi is outrageous.

First your said assist and dribble is a rubbish stats, meaning everything zidane and Ronaldinho did throughout their lifetime is rubbish, and thus they should not be recognized as a great player.

But it's funny, you people don't compare Ronaldo to Pele or Maradona, but you guys always compare him with Messi who is arguably better than both Pele and Maradona combine.

But I think I will put an end to this argument, cus clearly you are not thinking straight. You are letting your emotions and love for Ronaldo to becloud your reasoning. Atleast at the end of their career one will be called the greatest player that ever lived and the other the greatest goal scorer.

Peace wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Generaloj5: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
Meanwhile Carragher believes that Ronaldo will create more problem for Solskjaer than solving them.

https://sportscliffs.com/2021/09/17/carragher-ronaldo-return-problem-for-ole/
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by JohnnyPalmer: 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

After all assement done with everything you've written, I will concluded by saying you don't know shit about football, you don't deal with facts or logic and all your anologies are totally misplaced.

I get the fact that you love Ronaldo and I can't dispute that. And yes you are emotionally attached him, that's why every of your argument are based on emotions not logic.

Ronaldo is a great player, probably the best goal scorer of all time, but comparing him with Messi is outrageous.

First your said assist and dribble is a rubbish stats, meaning everything zidane and Ronaldinho did throughout their lifetime is rubbish, and thus they should not be recognized as a great player.

But it's funny, you people don't compare Ronaldo to Pele or Maradona, but you guys always compare him with Messi who is arguably better than both Pele and Maradona combine.

But I think I will put an end to this argument, cus clearly you are not thinking straight. You are letting your emotions and love for Ronaldo to becloud your reasoning. Atleast at the end of their career one will be called the greatest player that ever lived and the other the greatest goal scorer.

Peace wink

The guy is dumb

Creates baseless analogies to make useless points

Ronaldo is not even the greatest goalscorer ever

Messi is

Ronaldo has played about 120 matches more than Messi
He only leads him in club goals by just 4 goals

Someone that his main position is a striker
In comparison to one that plays from deep doesn't sit down in box 18 waiting for tap ins and crosses

He also has 2 years head start over messi

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

Peace wink

When u guys get countered, u get confused.... only foolish people will compare a present football player to a past football player... We will compare Ronaldo with messi , not pele cos times hv changed... this shows u how foolish Messi fans are...

Ronaldinho and zidane used their skills to win world cup , Euros , copa , champions league, league titles, scored amazing goals in important games, turned games around .... zidane scored teams in Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Italy in world cup knock outs , who wudnt remember Ronaldinhos amazing game against England in the quarters.... zidanes mad ass winning goal in the Champions league final... Ronaldinho ms defence splitting pass that wrecked arsenal in the final of CL from a goal down....Ronaldinhos mad ass goal against Milan in 2006 semis ( snake bite that threw Nesta and stam off balance from 20 yards out b4 striking an unstoppableshot to the roof of the net with his left foot.. these men did powerful things ...

Ur messi is busy scoring Iran, Nigeria ( his personal favorite) Bosnia, Serbia in group stage and peru , Panama, Venezuela, Bolivia Ecuador Paraguay in copa ...and u dare compare him with the greatest....

I asked a question and no messi fan can answer... mention one difficult game that Messi turned around and I will mention 5 by Ronaldo ...world cup , copa and champions league

He scored mediocre teams and ud be screaming messi messi
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by ThierryJay: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

When u guys get countered, u get confused.... only foolish people will compare a present football player to a past football player... We will compare Ronaldo with messi , not pele cos times hv changed... this shows u how foolish Messi fans are...

Ronaldinho and zidane used their skills to win world cup , Euros , copa , champions league, league titles, scored amazing goals in important games, turned games around .... zidane scored teams in Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Italy in world cup knock outs , who wudnt remember Ronaldinhos amazing game against England in the quarters.... zidanes mad ass winning goal in the Champions league final... Ronaldinho ms defence splitting pass that wrecked arsenal in the final of CL from a goal down....Ronaldinhos mad ass goal against Milan in 2006 semis ( snake bite that threw Nesta and stam off balance from 20 yards out b4 striking an unstoppableshot to the roof of the net with his left foot.. these men did powerful things ...

Ur messi is busy scoring Iran, Nigeria ( his personal favorite) Bosnia, Serbia in group stage and peru , Panama, Venezuela, Bolivia Ecuador Paraguay in copa ...and u dare compare him with the greatest....

I asked a question and no messi fan can answer... mention one difficult game that Messi turned around and I will mention 5 by Ronaldo ...world cup , copa and champions league

Is the emboldened a joke or what? You this transgender is always displaying your dysfunctional mindset with confidence.

To mention below a few difficult games Messi has turned around single handedly:

Vs Ac Milan - Second round Champs league 2013 from 2-0 down, scored a brace to help push Barca to 4-2
Vs Arsenal - Champions league SR & QF 2011 and 2008 from 2-1 down and 2-2 with brace and quadruple respectively
Vs Manutd - UCL final from 1-1 to 3-1 (scored and assisted third goal)
Vs PSG - UCL Q-final 2013 from 1-0 down
Vs Chile - Copa 21 earned Argentina a valuable point with a sumptuous F.K in a difficult game
Vs Ecuador - WC Qualifier 18 - Pushed Argentina through to WC after falling behind 1-0 with an outstanding hatrick.
Vs Rmadrid - 06/07 hatrick despite falling behind several times La liga
Vs Rmadrid - 13/14 hatrick despite falling behind several times La liga
Vs RMadrid - 16/17 La Liga brace after falling behind
Vs RMadrid - 12/13 La liga brace to draw 2 - 2
Vs Rmadrid - 11/12 Super cup goal and assist to draw 2 -2
Vs Rmadrid - 11/12 Super cup brace and assist to win a thrilling game 3-2
Vs Switzerland - 2014 WCup second round with a mesmerizing run and assist to Di Maria to seal the game 1-0.
...... and so many more I cannot list due to space and time. Pls tell me any of the above are not difficult games.

It's official, you are a complete joke no one should ever take serious here again. I know your response will be to shift goalpost again and ignore your gaffes based on your sheer mental instability, but I will not be bothered to waste my time to respond.
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

[s]

Ur messi is busy scoring Iran, Nigeria ( his personal favorite) Bosnia, Serbia in group stage and peru , Panama, Venezuela, Bolivia Ecuador Paraguay in copa ...and u dare compare him with the greatest.... [/s]

At the Bolded, carefully read through......no need for too much noise.

At 19, he scored hattrick against Real Madrid to secure a 3-3 draw at Camp Nou........2006

Scored another hattrick against Real Madrid to secure 3-4 win at Bernabeu........2014

Scored Brace against Madrid to secure 0-2 win at Bernabeu in UCL Quarter Final..........2011

Brace against AC Milan after Barcelona went 2 goals down at San Siro.......2013

Brace against Real Madrid to secure a 2-3 win for Barcelona at Bernabeu.....2017

Brace against Arsenal after Barcelona lost 2-1 at the emirate.....2011

Brace against Liverpool to secure a comfortable 3-0 victory at Camp Nou.....2019

Brace against Bayern Munich to secure a comfortable 3-0 win at Camp Nou......2015

Brace against Bayern Munich to secure 4-0 win at Camp Nou......2009

Scored a late goal against Athletic Madrid to secure 0-1 victory at Wanda Metropolitano....... 2019

Scored against Chelsea to secure 1-1 draw at Stamford bridge......2018

Scored brace against Chelsea to secure 3-0 win at Camp Nou.......2018

Scored brace vs Man United to secure 3-0 win at Camp Nou

This is just a tip of the iceberg......i can go on and on but make I stop here cos its not necessary.
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
ThierryJay:

Is the emboldened a joke or what? You this transgender is always displaying your dysfunctional mindset with confidence.

Vs Ac Milan - Second round Champs league 2013 from 2-0 down, scored a brace to help push Barca to 4-2
Vs Arsenal - Champions league SR & QF 2011 and 2008 from 2-1 down and 2-2 with brace and quadruple respectively
Vs Chile - Copa 21 earned Argentina a valuable point with a sumptuous F.K in a difficult game
Vs Ecuador - WC Qualifier 18 - Pushed Argentina through to WC after falling behind 1-0 with an outstanding hatrick.
Vs Switzerland - 2014 WCup second round with a mesmerizing run and assist to Di Maria to seal the game 1-0.
...... and so many more I cannot list due to space and time. Pls tell me any of the above are not difficult games.

It's official, you are a complete joke no one should ever take serious here again. I know your response will be to shift goalpost again and ignore your gaffes based on your sheer mental instability, but I will not be bothered to waste my time to respond.

i didn't even known you have responded.......because we dey keep quiet e go dey talk trash as if Messi na one mediocre player

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by ThierryJay: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
i didn't even known you have responded.......because we dey keep quiet e go dey talk trash as if Messi na one mediocre player

Na Messi full his lopsided brain. Guy be churning out lies to bring down Messi as if na him sole life mission be that. I pray he gets healed o, and I pity any Dundee who believes his lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by DareyFortified: 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

grin grin grin grin grin

I can see all the pains and frustration in your lies. And I like it. Lol grin

All the teams you mention are far above the mediocre teams Ronaldo score against.

I hope this makes your sleep.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
ThierryJay:

Na Messi full his lopsided brain. Guy be churning out lies to bring down Messi as if na him sole life mission be that. I pray he gets healed o, and I pity any Dundee who believes his lies.
grin grin

That's his sole aim and some people dey believe am

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

grin grin grin grin grin

I can see all the pains and frustration in your lies. And I like it. Lol grin

All the teams you mention are far above the mediocre teams Ronaldo score against.

I hope this makes your sleep.

Not not about favourite opponents?? Its about teams he has scored.... messi has never in his career scored even Brazil or Uruguay that he regularly plays against during copa.... he has played Germany 3 times...but still failed...played Holland 2ice , failed, ... Ronaldo has scored all champions except Brazil and Uruguay and thats cos he only had a chance at them once.... so u are not even smart enough to understand
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
At the Bolded, carefully read through......no need for too much noise.

At 19, he scored hattrick against Real Madrid to secure a 3-3 draw at Camp Nou........2006

Scored another hattrick against Real Madrid to secure 3-4 win at Bernabeu........2014

Scored Brace against Madrid to secure 0-2 win at Bernabeu in UCL Quarter Final..........2011

Brace against AC Milan after Barcelona went 2 goals down at San Siro.......2013

Brace against Real Madrid to secure a 2-3 win for Barcelona at Bernabeu.....2017

Brace against Arsenal after Barcelona lost 2-1 at the emirate.....2011

Brace against Liverpool to secure a comfortable 3-0 victory at Camp Nou.....2019

Brace against Bayern Munich to secure a comfortable 3-0 win at Camp Nou......2015

Brace against Bayern Munich to secure 4-0 win at Camp Nou......2009

Scored a late goal against Athletic Madrid to secure 0-1 victory at Wanda Metropolitano....... 2019

Scored against Chelsea to secure 1-1 draw at Stamford bridge......2018

Scored brace against Chelsea to secure 3-0 win at Camp Nou.......2018

Scored brace vs Man United to secure 3-0 win at Camp Nou

This is just a tip of the iceberg......i can go on and on but make I stop here cos its not necessary.

When I say u are dumb , u even show that u are dumber ... upon u bolded what I said , u still typed rubbish... I said cup competitions and u are showing me league games ...copa , world cup and champions league...

The first is void league game
The second is void league game
The 3rd, wasn't from a deficit , it was level
The 4th valid against Milan
The 5th another league game , invalid
The 6th valid
The 7th ,invalid , wasn't a deficit
The 8th ,invalid , wasnt from a deficit
The 9th ,invalid , wasn't from a deficit
The 10th , league game , invalid
The 11th valid
The 12th , invalid wasnt from a deficit

In other words , after playing in the champions league after 16 yrs...only 3 times...never happened in the world cup ...ur so called goat.... something wey Ronaldo de do on a regular, ...
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2021
ThierryJay:

Stop telling me assist...assists no b goal ...
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by DareyFortified: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

Not not about favourite opponents?? Its about teams he has scored.... messi has never in his career scored even Brazil or Uruguay that he regularly plays against during copa.... he has played Germany 3 times...but still failed...played Holland 2ice , failed, ... Ronaldo has scored all champions except Brazil and Uruguay and thats cos he only had a chance at them once.... so u are not even smart enough to understand

When I said you don't argue with facts you thought I was lying. Don't let emotions destroy your reasoning faculty.

Okay this are all Messi international goals against all the countries he has played with. Tell me is Brazil, Uruguay, Germany is not there. Lol

I hope this makes you sleep. angry wink

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by JohnnyPalmer: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I will liken it to the case of two(2) very good students. Let me call them Student A (Messi) & Student B (Ronaldo). They happen to be the best students in class but student A (Messi) is known to be the most brilliant guy who is humble, quiet and hates to be in the spotlight while Student B (Ronaldo), another very brilliant student has been putting relentless efforts to outdo student A (Messi) in academics. He answers questions in class (Press) and would go as far as organizing extra classes (Instagram) to prove a point to other students (FANS) & lecturers (COACHES) that he is better than student A (Messi) meanwhile Lecturers (COACHES) and School Management (UEFA & FIFA) acknowledge the fact that no student can match the academic prowess and achievements of student A (Messi). When Student B ( Ronaldo) realized student A (Messi) is an indomitable lion in academics, he started using other medium (PR Companies, Social Media & Family) to boost his image outside academic line like participating in school politics and also organizing social nights on campus just to be considered versatile by other students (FANS). It is not like Student A (Messi) can't use same strategy as Student B (Ronaldo) boost his image further but he doesn't deem it necessary.

From day one, Ronaldo is known to be a show boy and whatever you see or know about him today is the job of a good branding company. He likes attention and always want to be in the news. His own way of measuring up is by showing interest in things Messi does not consider relevant.

According to you, he's outspoken and flaws Messi in fashion sense & Charisma. I will consider this your personal opinion cos this isn't a statement of fact.

Not talking often does not mean he's not outspoken.

You have no proof to measure who has a better fashion sense cos Messi is a very private person.

Charisma?? By your logic, charisma is about IG followers but know this, I follow Ronaldo but I am not his fan just like many others.

Action star? grin grin.......omo, your point about Hollywood is based on assumption. If actors were selected based on your criteria, then Denzel Washington & Jimmie Fox will still be begging producers for roles.

Please where's your prove that the whole world tune to watch Man U vs Newcastle??

So the commentators were running commentary and watching Man u vs Newcastle at the same time??

The guy is dumb

Man United vs Newcastle wasn't even shown on TV in the UK
So much for the return of a declined player

Messi's Debut was shown on National TV across France

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 10:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
DareyFortified:

When I said you don't argue with facts you thought I was lying. Don't let emotions destroy your reasoning faculty.

Okay this are all Messi international goals against all the countries he has played with. Tell me is Brazil, Uruguay, Germany is not there. Lol

I hope this makes you sleep. angry wink

Stop showing me friendlies and qualifiers.... u sure say u go school so?? I said cup competitions...copa ,worldcup and champions league... u de show me friendlies.... half of Messi's international goals are from friendlies... Ronaldo has only 19 goals in friendlies out of 111 goals... messi ,over 40 goals in friendlies ...and even has more penalties than Ronaldo...still u guys say Ronaldo scores only penalties...stop embarrassing urself
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by JohnnyPalmer: 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

Stop telling me assist...assists no b goal ...

You are just too dumb and incorrigible at it

Assist no be goal

Cos Ronaldo dey carry ball from the back score all his goals

You just mentioned Ronaldinho made a defence splitting pass enabling barca to win against arsenal earlier, you also mentioned skills and dribbles... but if na messi it doesn't matter.... grin grin

But even the goals wey you dey shout up and down

Messi won 5 golden boots in Spain in the 9 years Ronaldo was there, he only won 3
Messi scored 50 league goals in a season, highest ever, 91 in a calender year
Messi has 6 European golden Boots compared to cr7 with 4
Messi has 5 golden Boot back to back in Spain something Ronaldo can never do
Na only 1 Ronaldo take pass am for UCL golden boot
He has more international tournament highest goal scorer award than Ronaldo... It was Euro 2020 that was cr7 first ever
Messi has scored and assisted in all 6 competitions in a season... Something your CR7 can never do
Ronaldo has played about 120 more matches than messi and only leads with 5 goals at club level
Don't forget Ronaldo has spent more than a decade of his career as a striker, Messi has spent all his years albeit 1 or 2 playing from the wings and operating in a more deeper position for the last 6 years
Messi has a better goal to game ratio than the so called goal poacher
Ronaldo has more goals internationally which is understandable considering he has played more games, there are more tournaments in Europe and their qualifiers are stat padding avenues where he can face the likes of Andorra, Faroe Island.. Teams ranked very low in fifa
Even Nigeria will beat those teams
While 6 of Copa America teams are ranked top 20
Columbia knocked Portugal out of confederations Cup, Uruguay knocked them out of World cup

Considering all these and more I can't list
You really want me to accept Ronaldo is the greatest goalscorer ever? No Sir

And with all these achievements Messi will still dictate play, do the work of 3 people, scores, dribbles, assists. While your CR7 is as useless as the P in psychology without goals and y'all want him to be the GOAT

Ewure that scored 1 free kick in 3 season after hundreds of tries... A player that is not technical
How many times has he scored outside the box 18 in the last 5 seasons compared to Messi?
How many times has he dribbled 3,4,5 players to score in his career compared to Messi?

He doesn't have the accuracy and precision of messi

Abeg just rest, Cr7 will at best be remembered as a good goal poacher like Puskas, Gerd Mueller and co

Maradona did not score up to Agüero, not to mention Lewandowski and co
But he will be forever rated higher than them

Ronaldinho, Zidane and co are not goal scorers per say... But they have a higher pedigree than goal poachers

Imagine someone that now combines all these attributes[goals, play-making, skills, technicality, dribbles, vision, passing] the one and only true GOAT: Messi

If you like spend all your life dey defend pass Ferdinand
CR7 will always play second fiddle and will only be remembered as a good goal poacher nothing more

His greatest achievement in life is being compared with Messi

Nobody compares him with Maradona [he never reach] or Pele, but they compare all these Greats with Messi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by JohnnyPalmer: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kingcalls:

Stop showing me friendlies and qualifiers.... u sure say u go school so?? I said cup competitions...copa ,worldcup and champions league... u de show me friendlies.... half of Messi's international goals are from friendlies... Ronaldo has only 19 goals in friendlies out of 111 goals... messi ,over 40 goals in friendlies ...and even has more penalties than Ronaldo...still u guys say Ronaldo scores only penalties...stop embarrassing urself

Stop deceiving yourself..
More than half of Ronaldo goals are from friendlies and Qualifiers

I see how you systematically left out the number of goals he scored from qualifiers

European continent play more qualifiers than South-American counterpart... They usually do with friendlies on such International breaks
They only play qualifiers for World-Cup whereas Europe play qualifiers for Euros

As for penalty... Ronaldo has scored over 40 more penalties than Messi... Penaldo for a reason

Below is the stats Neville posted
So what exactly is your point?

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by JohnnyPalmer: 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
This is what the dumb one will never show you

Quick to rubbish Messi qualifiers and friendlies goals

Here's that of Cr7

83 goals out of 111 are from qualifiers and friendlies

75% of his career international goals

Stats paddler

Thanks to Andorra, Latvia, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands and co grin grin

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 2:48am On Sep 18, 2021
Kingcalls:

When I say u are dumb , u even show that u are dumber ... upon u bolded what I said , u still typed rubbish... I said cup competitions and u are showing me league games ...copa , world cup and champions league...

The first is void league game
The second is void league game
The 3rd, wasn't from a deficit , it was level
The 4th valid against Milan
The 5th another league game , invalid
The 6th valid
The 7th ,invalid , wasn't a deficit
The 8th ,invalid , wasnt from a deficit
The 9th ,invalid , wasn't from a deficit
The 10th , league game , invalid
The 11th valid
The 12th , invalid wasnt from a deficit

In other words , after playing in the champions league after 16 yrs...only 3 times...never happened in the world cup ...ur so called goat.... something wey Ronaldo de do on a regular, ...
Are you stupid? Can't you discuss like a normal person for once? Na your father dumb for birthing a moroon like you..............I have been trying not to insult you thinking you have one cube of sense to have a civil conversation for the first time in your pathetic life.

If your definition of difficult match is from a losing position then you are more foolish than i thought and its beginning to look like dumbness runs in your family that's why you lack comprehension ability to grasp the difference between difficult match and losing position.

The games i mentioned defeat your lame and wack argument, werey don shift goal post as usual to losing position from difficult games.

By the way, who you even be to think Messi should be measured by your parameters.......you or your block headed father no be be FIFA or UEFA president. una no still be coach, expert pundits or a recognized journalist to consider taking your opinion serious. You are as useless as the P in psychology in the world of football whose opinion is taken serious by fellow dimwits.

No be only you dey saucy and rude.....................Aanu mpama!

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 2:52am On Sep 18, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

The guy is dumb

Man United vs Newcastle wasn't even shown on TV in the UK
So much for the return of a declined player

Messi's Debut was shown on National TV across France
Infact, too dumb!!

Even lied that commentators in the Dortmund vs Leverkusen game left commentary to celebrate Ronaldo's goal grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 3:08am On Sep 18, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Are you stupid? Can't you discuss like a normal person for once? Na your father dumb for birthing a moroon like you..............I have been trying not to insult you thinking you have one cube of sense to have a civil conversation for the first time in your pathetic life.

If your definition of difficult match is from a losing position then you are more foolish than i thought and its beginning to look like dumbness runs in your family that's why you lack comprehension ability to grasp the difference between difficult match and losing position.

The games i mentioned defeat your lame and wack argument, werey don shift goal post as usual to losing position from difficult games.

By the way, who you even be to think Messi should be measured by your parameters.......you or your block headed father no be be FIFA or UEFA president. una no still be coach, expert pundits or a recognized journalist to consider taking your opinion serious. You are as useless as the P in psychology in the world of football whose opinion is taken serious by fellow dimwits.

No be only you dey saucy and rude.....................Aanu mpama!

U dint hv to insult my father, I dint insult any member of ur family.. I am done with u
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 3:08am On Sep 18, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Assist no be goal

You just mentioned Ronaldinho made a defence splitting pass enabling barca to win against arsenal earlier, you also mentioned skills and dribbles... but if na messi it doesn't mattergrin grin

Messi won 5 golden boots in Spain in the 9 years Ronaldo was there, he only won 3
He has more international tournament highest goal scorer award than Ronaldo... It was Euro 2020 that was cr7 first ever
Messi has scored and assisted in all 6 competitions in a season... Something your CR7 can never do
Ronaldo has played about 120 more matches than messi and only leads with 5 goals at club level
Don't forget Ronaldo has spent more than a decade of his career as a striker, Messi has spent all his years albeit 1 or 2 playing from the wings and operating in a more deeper position for the last 6 years
Ronaldo has more goals internationally which is understandable considering he has played more games, there are more tournaments in Europe and their qualifiers are stat padding avenues where he can face the likes of Andorra, Faroe Island.. Teams ranked very low in fifa
Columbia knocked Portugal out of confederations Cup, Uruguay knocked them out of World cup

And with all these achievements Messi will still dictate play, do the work of 3 people, scores, dribbles, assists. While your CR7 is as useless as the P in psychology without goals and y'all want him to be the GOAT

Ewure that scored 1 free kick in 3 season after hundreds of tries... A player that is not technical
How many times has he scored outside the box 18 in the last 5 seasons compared to Messi?
How many times has he dribbled 3,4,5 players to score in his career compared to Messi?

Abeg just rest, Cr7 will at best be remembered as a good goal poacher like Puskas, Gerd Mueller and co

Ronaldinho, Zidane and co are not goal scorers per say... But they have a higher pedigree than goal poachers

Imagine someone that now combines all these attributes[goals, play-making, skills, technicality, dribbles, vision, passing] the one and only true GOAT: Messi

CR7 will always play second fiddle and will only be remembered as a good goal poacher nothing more

Nobody compares him with Maradona [he never reach] or Pele, but they compare all these Greats with Messi
At the bolded, can you see a dysfunctional brain cos he's inconsistent with his argument.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by OJEEMAH(m): 3:17am On Sep 18, 2021
Kingcalls:

U dint hv to insult my father, I dint insult any member of ur family.. I am done with u
Just like you didn't have to call me "dumb" to lay your point

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 3:32am On Sep 18, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Stop deceiving yourself..
More than half of Ronaldo goals are from friendlies and Qualifiers

I see how you systematically left out the number of goals he scored from qualifiers

European continent play more qualifiers than South-American counterpart... They usually do with friendlies on such International breaks
They only play qualifiers for World-Cup whereas Europe play qualifiers for Euros

As for penalty... Ronaldo has scored over 40 more penalties than Messi... Penaldo for a reason

Below is the stats Neville posted
So what exactly is your point?

When it comes to goals ,una go scream Ronaldo started 2 yrs earlier...when it comes to penalties, u will not remember Ronaldo started 2 yrs earlier grin grin

For country Ronaldo has 14 penalties out of 111 goals...messi has 18 penalties out of 79 goals , meaning 25 percent of his total goals are penalties... while Ronaldo boasts about 12% ....thats half of messi in percentage...

U said Europe play more qualifiers grin grin grin... this particular world cup qualifiers, they are 5 in Ronaldo's group , meaning they have to play 8 games... in South America, Messi plays 18 times to qualify ... u see ur life... u dint research b4 posting.... upon that, Ronaldo played in 9 tournaments...messi has played in 13 tournaments...

Fist ur eyes with the reports below u... the fraud even scored just 3 competitive goals in 3 yrs , between 2018- 2020 ...but scored 19 goals in the same period in friendlies.... the guy na better fraud... just shining in mediocre games

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 3:56am On Sep 18, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

Assist no be goal

You just mentioned Ronaldinho made a defence splitting pass enabling barca to win against arsenal earlier, you also mentioned skills and dribbles... but if na messi it doesn't matter.... grin grin

Thr great pele , the great zidane, the great franz beckenbauer have all said Ronaldo is greater...the late puskas, the late George best, the late Alfredo di stefano all said the same thing ....still una hatred no go gree una see road... the records are there for all to see... if Messi is greater, y did it take him 13 tournaments to finally lift a trophy despite playing for the second best team in South America... Ronaldo on the other hand, it took him 8 tournaments to win a trophy with country despite playing for the 7th best team in Europe ( France, Germany, Spain, England , Italy , Holland) are all ahead of Portugal

Carry ur big L
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by JohnnyPalmer: 6:58am On Sep 18, 2021
Kingcalls:

Thr great pele , the great zidane, the great franz beckenbauer have all said Ronaldo is greater...the late puskas, the late George best, the late Alfredo di stefano all said the same thing ....still una hatred no go gree una see road... the records are there for all to see... if Messi is greater, y did it take him 13 tournaments to finally lift a trophy despite playing for the second best team in South America... Ronaldo on the other hand, it took him 8 tournaments to win a trophy with country despite playing for the 7th best team in Europe ( France, Germany, Spain, England , Italy , Holland) are all ahead of Portugal

Carry ur big L

I'm sure if I should start listing the number of Greats that regarded Messi as the best ever your tears will litter this thread grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Kingcalls: 7:05am On Sep 18, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

I'm sure if I should start listing the number of Greats that regarded Messi as the best ever your tears will litter this thread grin grin

U wan list people wey de use sentiments and jealousy judge
Re: Why Ronaldo Might Trend More Than Messi and be regarded as The goat 50yrs time by Philosopher1979: 7:13am On Sep 18, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are one of the most delusional humans beings I hv come across on the Internet.... what was pele known for ?? What was puskas known for?? What was Alfredo di stefano known for?? What was shearer known for??

According to u, Messi has broken all available stats , of course irrelevant stats that u messi minions move about stat padding.... highest assist, highest striking of cross bar , highest key pass, highest man of match award, highest number of thru pass , highest number of back pass ,highest humber of drbbles, highest number of curlers ....nonsense, nonsense stats... major stats , highest number of goals in international football (Ronaldo) highest number of club goals ( Ronaldo) ....I can go on and on... its certain u messi fans are sooooo jealous that Ronaldo has records u wished Messi had , and its making u guys sooo bitter and thats y u guys hv run to irrelevant stats to keep up with Ronaldos stats...

The only stat that Messi has over Ronaldo presently is the balon dor which of course we know awards are always sentimental and dies not actually justify the best cis if we used that as a perimeter, then its also fair to say modric is better than iniesta and xavi and that cannavaro is better than Maldini or gentile ... or ud say VVD is better than ramos ... I can bet u dont even know the person that had the record of valon dor wins b4 messi and Ronaldo, ud hv to Google it now to check... u dont hv to , its Johan cruyff with 3 balon dors ...but no one talks about him like pele and maradona that dint even win one... thats cos people don't care about awards ... only major titles and goals... The people of Brazil sing praises about pele cos he won them 3 world cups smashing in crazy goals ... the people of Argentina sing praises about maradona because of 86 WC ... the people of Portugal sing praises about Ronaldo cis he gave Portugal its first ever international title ... pele and maradona were striking teams like Italy, Spain, England, Belgium, Germany out of world cup and ur midget has only scored mediocre teams in tournaments..... he has never in in career scored a former world champion in a tournament, be it copa or world cup and u call him greatest... out of his 120 champions league goals , about 100 came in the group stage playing minors... Ronaldo has half of his champions league goals coming in knockouts... messi's half international goals come from friendlies ...Ronaldo only has 15% of his 111 goals coming from friendlies

Have you played football before. Creativity is important in football. U can't play with 11 goal scorers. Messi is the most creative player in recorded history. It is very important. Also Messi will also reach 800 goals as it is only a matter of time. Messi is more versatile and difficult to mark

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Are Really Really Bad Losers! / Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination / Vote To Support Brazil 2014.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.