Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Cricket Or Baseball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cricket Or Baseball (798 Views)

Why Do Super Sports Like Cricket ? / India Vs Pakistan Live Streaming: ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 / Cricket Vs Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cricket Or Baseball by doyin13(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2007
Cricket or Baseball

I feel I am in the minority who like cricket and cant understand in the life of me y you would want to watch baseball.

For one they are more intricacies to the game of cricket either batting or bowling.

Batsmen can either play the sweep, the cover drive or down the field. they can move down the pich as well to play their shot.

In bowling, you have the inswingers and vice versa, spin and fast bowling, the dhoosra of mulitharan or the googly of shane warne.

the bating in baseball is so one dimensional its ridiculous. just power and more power.

The pitching is a bit varied, but unsurprisingly it is the fastball bowlers that dominate.

Give me cricket any day.
Re: Cricket Or Baseball by DisGuy: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2007
I prefer cricket at least you get to hit the ball, you can hit it short or have a good wack!

Some players come on for baseball and they never get a chance
to hit the damn ball before they walk and they still get paid undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Dream: / What Is Happening To Chelsea At The Early Stage Of The Season / I Dey Miss Guy (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.