Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others (16981 Views)

FEC Approves ₦‎454 Billion For Kano-niger Republic Rail, Others / Jonathan's Government Awarded $1.96bn Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line In 2013 / Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lifestone(m): 6:44am On Sep 17, 2021
bigpicture001:

So in ur best reasoning, the rail will yeild more revenue than a rail linking the southwest to South east to South south..? Do u know how much GUO, young, and others take in by moving more than 10million passengers there everyday..?

Guy grow up.. it's an ethnicized project and not economically viable as you thought.....

Study the map of Nigeria and know the position of Niger republic and position of Benin republic..... You just want to react, plz go blow whistle if u don't know wot else to say or do..?
Bro talk with facts, that project will generate ten times whatever is within East/West. Aside East West rail project has been approved and should commence any moment from now according to your Brother Amaechi.
This project was not even initiated by Buhari, the LAKAJI corridor line was designed by past government. Google is your friend
I won't bother responding to other childish comments you made.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Favour70000: 6:44am On Sep 17, 2021
Didn't see Port Harcourt to maiduguri. That project should be priority too. Infrastructure is key,so unfortunate Nigeria is left with no other option to fund vital projects like this,but this project is a necessity for our future. Nigeria in the next 8yrs wud be worst without this project
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Hypin: 6:46am On Sep 17, 2021
Ok
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Oracleforce: 6:47am On Sep 17, 2021
compton11:
and how is this concern Islam?

Brian less niggas like u should stop attaching Islam to everything

My post is not for a slowpoke like you, it is for those who can think fast can add up what message I'm passing across.
For you, keep knocking your head on the ground in the name of Allah AkBOMB....and be walking according to the archaic commandment giving to you by your pedophile and dead prophet.
Today is Friday, you will. go to your usual shrine to receive another evil spirit, agenda and inspiration from your dead and wicked prophet....Allah AkBOMB!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by skybeauty(f): 6:50am On Sep 17, 2021
After they will say that IPOB is their problem. Niger Delta na una oyel money them carry they build rail line for their cousins in Niger Republic. “ Igbo man is our problem, they want our oyel”.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Brushstrokes20: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2021
The redundant coupist is all shades of nonsense undecided
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Bigchristo: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2021
onumadu:

Punch is hereby telling Nigerians that what we have in place is not a government, but a "REGIME". lol

For the uninitiated, the term "government" is usually reserved for a lawful state organization, while "regime" is usually used to refer to a rogue government; e.g. a dictatorship or a totalitarian government. grin
So did they give the wrong information?
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Picker28: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2021
APC share the money
That toothpick in ASO rock wants to finish Nigeria kpatapkata before he leaves the office
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 17, 2021
Robbing peter to pay paul -Taking southern resources (Fulanis piggy bank) to build a Caliphate -How I wish the reverse is the case -Unity beggers -Awon Parasites.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lifestone(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2021
nedekid:

Bros, I assume you own a business.
When business is very low and not moving. Possibly sales is down 60-70%. Is it wise to the approach your bank to take a loans to build an extension to your office building? To buy new fleet of company cars? To furnish your office?
So by the time your company is comming of of recession and sales improves you then have massive debt to contend with.
On the other hand, you cut down your expenses during poor sales, manage yourself and when business improves and sales goes up, you come out debt free. Loans can then(if necessary) be taken to fund stock or finance infrastructure.
See, this country is being run aground daily, it is said we are using over 80% of our income to service debt, don't you understand this? Yet we want more loans to drive it to 100%. Haba, at this rate you are looking at $ hitting ₦1k soon.
I appreciate your point, but ability to move around enhances trade and commerce in any country. China, Europe and America has a huge train network to complement daily life.
The experience of Abuja - Kaduna has shown that rail business will pay its debts, that's what we should hold our leaders responsible for.
What I expect next is the review of the Railway Act to permit private sector participation so transport companies can buy and run Trains on the rail line as it's done in Europe ( Nigeria did same with the Airport where different airlines are licensed to fly subject to regulations).
That rail line if properly managed will generate huge opportunities for job creation and commerce and also preserve our pressed road.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by hibeebeeking: 6:56am On Sep 17, 2021
Let's clap for the wise decision. This government is trying ooo. To Niger Republic. That's nice

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Enyimbamercedes: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2021
Omo…

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2021
[quote author=skybeauty post=105895320]After they will say that IPOB is their problem. Niger Delta na una oyel money them carry they build rail line for their cousins in Niger Republic. “ Igbo man is our problem, they want our oyel”.[/quote)

Well articulated,awesome.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lovenorth: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2021
It will burst the economy of Nigeria so it is a nice development
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:

I appreciate your point, but ability to move around enhances trade and commerce in any country. China, Europe and America has a huge train network to complement daily life.
The experience of Abuja - Kaduna has shown that rail business will pay its debts, that's what we should hold our leaders responsible for.
What I expect next is the review of the Railway Act to permit private sector participation so transport companies can buy and run Trains on the rail line as it's done in Europe ( Nigeria did same with the Airport where different airlines are licensed to fly subject to regulations).
That rail line if properly managed will generate huge opportunities for job creation and commerce and also preserve our pressed road.

What about moving around to more economically viable regions first -Ghana or Benin republic is more commercially viable to Nigeria than Niger republic.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lifestone(m): 7:02am On Sep 17, 2021
skybeauty:
After they will say that IPOB is their problem. Niger Delta na una oyel money them carry they build rail line for their cousins in Niger Republic. “ Igbo man is our problem, they want our oyel”.
Amaechi is your Brother fa. But seriously rail projects are part of critical infrastructure in building a nation. I am aware that loans for South East and South South rail projects have been approved
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by JADEK04: 7:04am On Sep 17, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
E no go better for Goodluck Jonathan.

For wasting six good years doing nothing for the Niger Delta people.

Because if buhari can borrow to construct rail for parasite states, what was holding gej back from building the south? Why did Goodluck not do same for his people?

Why was goodluck's six year of being President centered in the North?

Goodluck did nothing for the Yoruba's, IBO's and his own people.

Wasted years in power! Spits.......

Why obj not doing so for western regions
Southern leader are cowards.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lightorder: 7:04am On Sep 17, 2021
MARKone:
Just leave this country if you have the opportunity to.
Are you going to leave with your entire extended family or village ? I have not heard anyone speaking against this loan. I could only read comments that sound like LAMENTATION from captives. Nigerians , wake up and take a strong stand. If you know how you spoke to get this government into power, double your voice against it . Speak and make it go viral. No one runs away from his skin

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Jonah507(m): 7:05am On Sep 17, 2021
Of what importance is this to our economy?

If this gets the approval of the NASS then, there's something they're not telling the good people of Nigeria.

Borrowing money to develop another country?

I'm dumbfounded!

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:
We reason with lots of sentiment as a country. In my view, this project is all about competing for the share of trade routes to Niger Republic which is being competed for by both Nigeria and Benin Republic.
Niger Republic is land locked and will require access to Sea/Port through either Nigeria or Benin Republic. This is an economically sensible decision. The project is also significantly part of the LAKAJI corridor which was essentially designed to link Lagos to Kano to Niger Republic, that plan has been on ground before Buhari and it makes sense.
That project will certainly pay for itself given the success of Abuja - Kaduna and Lagos - Ibadan experience.
Mr u are stupid, and s terrorist sympthiser, Nigeria has not finish building a good rail system within the country , yet u want to build rail wer security and terrorism is the order of the day. PMB is just building this in case the future of Nigeria is at stake tomorrow, we have not played the debt we are owing, yet u want us to borrow again, buhari govt is hell in nigeria
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lifestone(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2021
9jah:

What about moving around to more economically viable regions first -Ghana or Benin republic is more commercially viable to Nigeria than Niger republic.
Ghana has access to sea and has ports including the revamped Tema Ports, Benin Republic has her Coutonu ports (Currently the biggest competitor to Nigerian for even on our imports) who presently service Niger Republic more.
Rail to Niger Republic is attractive only because they are landlocked. I hope you get.
Let me mention here that the focus is on cargos transportation (80%) passenger opportunities is little
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Kaiser20: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2021
janedonez:
Nigerian Banks are Scams, why should I be owning as little as N100 and the will refuse to give me more loans insisting that I clear my debts while Nigeria will be owning Billions,yet more approvals will be done.
Federal government have the future of over 90 million Youths as collateral to lend to the borrowers as workers if they default, in case oil and gas is no more acceptable.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Kvngjeje: 7:08am On Sep 17, 2021
Nothing bad in borrowing actually but do it with sense. Now is not the time for a rail to Niger when other parts of the country have infrastructural deficit and can generate better revenue than Niger. Is this not fulanisation of somewhat?
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by lexy2014: 7:08am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:
We reason with lots of sentiment as a country. In my view, this project is all about competing for the share of trade routes to Niger Republic which is being competed for by both Nigeria and Benin Republic.
Niger Republic is land locked and will require access to Sea/Port through either Nigeria or Benin Republic. This is an economically sensible decision. The project is also significantly part of the LAKAJI corridor which was essentially designed to link Lagos to Kano to Niger Republic, that plan has been on ground before Buhari and it makes sense.
That project will certainly pay for itself given the success of Abuja - Kaduna and Lagos - Ibadan experience.

oga, is it d same sea port that is congested that trailers and containers spend weeks before they have access to d sea port? or are u saying goods from niger will just fly inside d sea port?

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by bolacode: 7:09am On Sep 17, 2021
Buhari knows d corntree is heading to an end, so he's doing all be can to move resources to his native home.

I pity the wan-neijiriya idiots from d south who can't smell d coffee yet

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by AK481(m): 7:09am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:
OK.

Are we also going to reduce importation cost for them via our port to match Benin very low import rate
Or they will import at the same high rate Nigerians are Importing ?
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by bigpicture001: 7:10am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:

Bro talk with facts, that project will generate ten times whatever is within East/West. Aside East West rail project has been approved and should commence any moment from now according to your Brother Amaechi.
This project was not even initiated by Buhari, the LAKAJI corridor line was designed by past government. Google is your friend

I wanted to educate u more.. but on seeing ur mention of derogatory word.. "childish" ... I rest my case.. I know ur type.. wallow in ur I know too much and enjoi

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Ykc2(m): 7:11am On Sep 17, 2021
Niger republic is the 37th state of Nigeria they are even enjoying oil money more than our oyel owners grin thank god no be igbo person dey build railway for Buhari's brothers in niger republic ,your neighbour is like a brother but since niger republic is neighbour to South south I think is a family affair nobody should put mouth for them ooh
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by BreakingNews21: 7:11am On Sep 17, 2021
Its great to have a very distinguished Nigerian in a lofty global position funneling finance back home to enhance development and continental trade.

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Jungleluv5: 7:11am On Sep 17, 2021
To spend that huge amount of money on rail to Niger republic so that we can have more bandits to terrorize us more abi why not to Ghana or Benin Republic.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by AK481(m): 7:13am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:

What is Niger GDP ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

France To Return $150 Million Abacha Loot / Edgal Remains Acting CP Lagos- Police High Command / Crisis In INEC As Amina Zakari Battles INEC Chairman Yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.