Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others (16993 Views)

FEC Approves ₦‎454 Billion For Kano-niger Republic Rail, Others / Jonathan's Government Awarded $1.96bn Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line In 2013 / Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by BreakingNews21: 7:53am On Sep 17, 2021
chimesky:
America is busy building strong tall concrete walls along its border line, and this yeye illiterates are spending on linking rail to neighbours .

Please try to keep up with the class and current events.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/us/border-wall-construction-stopped/index.html

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by LucemFerre: 7:53am On Sep 17, 2021
One day one day… dem go sell this country
As e be so, me and you na collateral. Because I no see how we wan take pay all the money wey we dey borrow.

Ego and/or bastards will probably not let him say it or resign, But I’m very sure Buhari has no idea what to do about Nigeria.
Abeg na railway matter we need for this country atm?
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lifestone(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2021
trinityboss:

My brother I don’t blame you. You’re not a Nigerian? How and what business relationship do we have with Niger? We have the population to be okay and self sufficient what do we need Niger for? The Fulani herdsmen we are complaining about are from Niger and you want to give them free access no visa to come and cause more havoc in an already terrorist sublimed country? Why not the money use for train linking benue state which is the food basket of the country to other parts of Nigeria ��? Ewu like you. Goat � na u be. Efulefu. Onyara onyoshi ozuo
Again, it's difficult for your types to engage in debate without becoming abusive. Your whole response to me was based on emotion which hasn't addressed the core of my point that, the project was to create access. Mind you Niger Republic has become oil producing with your leaders importing refined fuel from them.
I can't argue with your emotions

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2021
Over 2trillion Naira on a zero economic viable project and will likely not be utilized or optimized. Yet this money is borrowed.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:

Amaechi is your Brother fa. But seriously rail projects are part of critical infrastructure in building a nation. I am aware that loans for South East and South South rail projects have been approved

You mean your rubber stamp Amaechi -Ameachi+ Tiefnubu+ Uzodinma+Umahi= The Efulefus! they can kill or dance naked for the puppet masters -The Fulani slowpoke! who engineered a predatory Chinese loan that could seize national assets.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by splashbaby(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:
We reason with lots of sentiment as a country. In my view, this project is all about competing for the share of trade routes to Niger Republic which is being competed for by both Nigeria and Benin Republic.
Niger Republic is land locked and will require access to Sea/Port through either Nigeria or Benin Republic. This is an economically sensible decision. The project is also significantly part of the LAKAJI corridor which was essentially designed to link Lagos to Kano to Niger Republic, that plan has been on ground before Buhari and it makes sense.
That project will certainly pay for itself given the success of Abuja - Kaduna and Lagos - Ibadan experience.
Are you aware of the facts that it takes 2 or 3 months to effect export through Nigeria port. At Benin Republic it takes just some few days to send goods through the port. Most of us send goods instead through Benin Repulic and not Nigeria port. They are more efficient, effective and most of all professional in handling goods. Little or no bribing and other form of unnecessary bottle neck in Nigeria. Na ds same port den den build railway to Niger republic for...nonsensical to say the least. Makes no sense at all.

Besides the most economic viable route to build a railway is through the West Africa Corridors of Benin, Togo, Ghana to Senegal. Most goods produced in Nigeria are exported through this corridor. You will see hundreds of Dangote trucks and others packed at the Seme borders preparing paperwork to gain access through the borders everyday. This is the most viable route to open up Nigeria economy to our neighbours and expand our grip on the west Africa trade route.. and not through Kastina. The cost can easily build a rail from Lagos to Accra.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lifestone(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2021
Mumusaphire:
u Really right and at the same time, wrong because all this project u are hearing will be abandoned project sir and next president will borrow money on same purpose. Do u know oyo to ogbomosho express was approved and borrowed loan for since obasanjo first tenure? Till now, d road still there.
I share your concerns, but that shouldn't stop good projects. That's the only way we can build this nation, generate employment and progress
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by onuman: 8:09am On Sep 17, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
Buhari administration shall....
Nobody questions President of Nigeria. Very powerful when in power.

An unrepentant tribalist and dictator is willing to crucify future generations of Nigerians because of his Fulani tribesmen.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by showafrica(m): 8:10am On Sep 17, 2021
Freestainworld:
They should just rename Nigeria to Niger Republic extended, so that we can all go home and rest.

..but thats what is... 'Niger area'. You think Britain and Fulani don't know what they were doing. Why Nnamdi Kanu is fighting for Biafra. When Britain gave these people the names 'Nigga' republic and 'Nigga area' Biafra was already there as a nation. It was the amalgamation that collapsed Biafra to Niggas. Now the Fulanis and the Niggas want to colonize everything. Buhari is a Fulani who migrated from Niger to Niger area, to him it is the same country
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by sylve11: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:

Bro I share your concern. But me thinks that will allow those illegal immigrants who have been using Bush to even come through official routes to be profiled.

Seems you haven't had dealings with those guys.

They will still use the illegal routes.

To me, this project isn't making sense till we deal with insecurity to at least a great extent. cool
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Lifestone(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2021
splashbaby:
Are you aware of the facts that it takes 2 or 3 months to effect export through Nigeria port. At Benin Republic it takes just some few days to send goods through the port. Most of us send goods instead through Benin Repulic and not Nigeria port. They are more efficient, effective and most of all professional in handling goods. Little or no bribing and other form of unnecessary bottle neck in Nigeria. Na ds same port den den build railway to Niger republic for...nonsensical to say the least. Makes no sense at all.
I am currently doing a research work on what you are saying and your perfectly right.
Bro that shouldn't stop this work. If this project is completed and we can successfully reform our port systems it will be easier for Niger Republic to import via Nigeria since transportation cost will be cheaper
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Mrquote: 8:18am On Sep 17, 2021
We haven't connected our major cities and business hub we are here building a rail to another country. What will happen if we build a rail that connects Lagos to onitsha, Lagos to jos enrout Abuja, kano and kadunna whta happen if we connect our major city for easy flow of business and service. Will Heaven fall. I ask again what are we doing to make ourselves better if we keep doing things in a way we do it.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Mrquote: 8:22am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:

I am currently doing a research work on what you are saying and your perfectly right.
Bro that shouldn't stop this work. If this project is completed and we can successfully reform our port systems it will be easier for Niger Republic to import via Nigeria since transportation cost will be cheaper

What do you mean, why not make PH and Calabar port working. What are we doing actually all goods and services in the country is still been moved by road and we are here building a rail to another country. What will happen is we connect jos and Lagos to together enrout kano, kadunna and Abuja together and every other major city along the way.what will happen?
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Yankee101: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2021
Then don't approve this loan

You cry of not having funds and you want to build infrastructure for other countries?

Are you mad?
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by wink2015(m): 8:27am On Sep 17, 2021
EX- PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN FAILED TO COMPLETE THE EAST WEST ROAD.

Now a northern leader is using southern money to develop road to Nigeria a foreign country.

Southern leaders must endeavour to take advantage of every opportunity that comes their way.

Jonathan was living in self pretense and ignorance until he lost the presidency.

Now the money he failed to use to develop his own people are now being used to develop FULANI ESTATES.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by udofa67: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2021
Am speechless cos we don't have internal railways that link from one region to another, wat relationship do we really have with Niger?
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by DeBoyNewton: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2021
This herdsmen government wants to make it easier for their abroad brothers to come and wreck this country apart.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by armadeo(m): 8:44am On Sep 17, 2021
onumadu:

Punch is hereby telling Nigerians that what we have in place is not a government, but a "REGIME". lol

For the uninitiated, the term "government" is usually reserved for a lawful state organization, while "regime" is usually used to refer to a rogue government; e.g. a dictatorship or a totalitarian government. grin

Eagle eye. I smiled when I saw that too.

They jut had to slip that in.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by DeBoyNewton: 8:49am On Sep 17, 2021
Blackfire:
And what is wrong with that?

North2023
Please stop being stupid, we are talking about competence in 2023 and not religion and ethnicity.
Y'all Hausa northerners are the problem we have in Nigeria.
I don't know how we manage to live in the same country with y'all.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Flyingngel(m): 8:49am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone post:

We reason with lots of sentiment as a country. In my view, this project is all about competing for the share of trade routes to Niger Republic which is being competed for by both Nigeria and Benin Republic.
Niger Republic is land locked and will require access to Sea/Port through either Nigeria or Benin Republic. This is an economically sensible decision. The project is also significantly part of the LAKAJI corridor which was essentially designed to link Lagos to Kano to Niger Republic, that plan has been on ground before Buhari and it makes sense.
That project will certainly pay for itself given the success of Abuja - Kaduna and Lagos - Ibadan experience.

Why don't it start from the beginning to pay for itself? By the way, what is the population of NIGER? Can their population bring much revenue to Nigeria? Is there no internal problems that such loan would not solve to the betterment of Nigerians.
I think this is a misplaced development.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by newisd75: 8:55am On Sep 17, 2021
buhari & niger republic are like 5 & 6
this buhari fg go after yahoo boys, & yet this buhari fg are even d biggest yahoo boy scam in africa, d will borrow loan to loot d loan, it'll put pressure on d naira 2 fall like #1000 for $1
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by poiZon: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2021
Lifestone:
Abuja-kaduna is profitable today because of banditry. If bandits are eliminated totally and the roads safe, i tell u that rail route will be deserted. Land transport is cheaper in Nigeria than rail which is opposite of what is obtainable elsewhere.
The lagos-ibadan too is applicable to abuja kaduna rail line, insecurity is making people patronise it.
Under normal circumstances, only elites will be using that train cos i heard the fare is so costly compare to using bus and taxi to n from Lagos to ibadan.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Joseph08(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2021
$4.9 Billion fresh loan shocked

Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Chidywhite: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2021
The Niger Rep. railway, road and airport matters alot to northerners, it's the route used to export all illegal mineral resources mined in the north especially gold.
Southern Nigeria should insist on VAT collection, average northerner is a potential rogue.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Chidywhite: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2021
The Niger Rep. railway, road and airport matters alot to northerners, it's the route used to export all illegal mineral resources mined in the north especially gold.
Southern Nigeria should insist on VAT collection, average northerner is a potential rogue.
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2021
When most road in Nigeria is not motorable, wonder shall never end grin
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Germi9: 10:08am On Sep 17, 2021
yinkus6750:
What is the essence of spending huge scarce resources on rail service to Niger?
With the high level of insecurity in the North, our porous borders give access to influx from northern neighboring countries.
Bandits, herdsmen and terrorists have taken over every area in the country.
We need to thread with caution.
That is the plan broh
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Germi9: 10:09am On Sep 17, 2021
Put all that resources on power (electricity) and watch poverty disappear from Nigeria
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Germi9: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2021
Joseph08:
$4.9 Billion fresh loan shocked
with Lawal leading the senate
Oh gushhhh
Re: FG To Spend $4.9bn Fresh Loans On Kano-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others by Btruth: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2021
BreakingNews21:

Read the article right in front of your face.

story sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Children Mount Roadblock On Bauchi-Jos Road To Protest Eviction By Army / DSS Invites Fani-Kayode Over Alleged Coup Plot By Atiku / Naira Redesign: Sowore Knocks Atiku Over U-Turn, Says Ex-VP Is ‘Opportunistic’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.