Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Sad Experience With VIO Today - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sad Experience With VIO Today (27803 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by stonecoldcafe: 4:59am On Sep 18, 2021
wordychap:
On my way back from work, driving on a highway, I noticed two cars reversing. This is usually a sign of FRSC officers ahead but i couldn't see any so I trottled on.

This is my worst experience on the road so far and ita happened when i need money. Sad!

Why did you pay if you got authenticate papers from the office? why did you pay?
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Promxy94(m): 4:59am On Sep 18, 2021
Enugupikin:

Which website please to verify papers

Google autoreg. U will see the verification section
Note there is another one by Frsc Google it too.

The askniiid.org is for insurance.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 4:59am On Sep 18, 2021
Homextras:

This must really hurt. If you can find a way to DM me I can send you something to cover the unexpected expense you made. Sorry.
Okay, thanks.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 5:21am On Sep 18, 2021
soloehis:
Check your vehicle licence here just enter ur plate number it will display the expiry date of ur paper..abuja registration has not been updated on the site..I don't know why is like that..https://verify.autoreg.ng/
Just used this link to check and verify that my vehicle papers had actually expired in February 2021, meaning the last one i did that february was either faked or offline (whatever that infers). Thanks
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by wordychap: 5:33am On Sep 18, 2021
stonecoldcafe:

Why did you pay if you got authenticate papers from the office? why did you pay?
I got the papers from the BIR office through a staff there i gave money to. I overhed the VIO conversation with his office telling him my papers ought to have expired February 2021(just checked now through autoreg and its true), then i saw their script of a fine of 50k for fake papers. Mind you they were working with policemen and the option was to take the car to their ofrice- that usually attracts more expenses at the long run especially this being a weekend and time was far spent risking the car sleeping at Vio office.
Its just a sad experience which will never happen again to me.

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by akefemi: 5:39am On Sep 18, 2021
After getting your papers always check here to confirm.
https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/VehicleManagement/VerifyPlateNo

wordychap:
On my way back from work, driving on a highway, I noticed two cars reversing. This is usually a sign of FRSC officers ahead but i couldn't see any so I trottled on.

A short distance ahead I sighted a police van then I came on VIO checking. I was told to pa4k which i did and the checks started.
They checked my tyres then went to my papers. The lad then said my papers look suspicious and went ahead to send my plate number to his office to authenticate my papers.

After a delay of close to an hour, hia affice called and he told me the data they have with them shows my papers ought to have expired in february 2021 but what i had with me is to expire in february 2022.

Arguments ensued and I was told the fine is 50k. I have a lot to do with the car next week and besides children's school's resuming so i couldn't allow them take the cqr to their office.

To cut a long story short, I parted with 40k to the lad and gave him 10k to get me authentic papers by monday next week.

The said 'fame papers' was issued to me at Board of Internal Revenue office in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Stage, where one is to renew his papers. I actually got there and gave a lady i was introduced to the money and she went ahead to make payments- as i assumed, and gave me the papers.

If a government agency can issue fake papers and a sister agency collect penalties what's the hope for Nigeria?

Honestly i don't think i can let this slide i have to pursue this matter, only wish i can vividly recognise the lady that got me the papers at BIR.

This is my worst experience on the road so far and ita happened when i need money. Sad!
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Rhozabeth(m): 5:46am On Sep 18, 2021
wordychap:

The options were simple, part with the money or leave your car till you provide who gave the papers, have too much to do with the car next week; this is weekend.
Bros, i no get lawyer? If ubare sure ur papers are genuine, call ur lawyer, u go see say dem go run! Unless of course u urself know thise papers ain't right!
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Richie77: 6:06am On Sep 18, 2021
ubee post=10592.1632:
So the times when they blocked you in a way that there was no road to move, what did you do? Run over them with your car? Mtcheew!

They hardly block the road completely. Again, they respect your look... When you look like a cleaner, they allege you of various violations and open office on you.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by unikazzy(m): 6:13am On Sep 18, 2021
Cowbell521:
I am in Abuja and all my cars carry Abuja except one with Enugu. All the same, this link go really dey useful. Thanks
Sorry that link can never work for . U can only use that link if ur papers are renew in that state
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by unikazzy(m): 6:17am On Sep 18, 2021
wordychap:

Akwa ibom State
if u renew ur paper in akwa ibom ...and they check their system in akwa ibom and said the paper is fake .... definitely ur paper is fake

But if u renew in another state and u were arrested in akwa ibom....akwa ibom can not confirm whether it's fake or not
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by stonecoldcafe: 6:49am On Sep 18, 2021
wordychap:

I got the papers from the BIR office through a staff there i gave money to. I overhed the VIO conversation with his office telling him my papers ought to have expired February 2021(just checked now through autoreg and its true), then i saw their script of a fine of 50k for fake papers. Mind you they were working with policemen and the option was to take the car to their ofrice- that usually attracts more expenses at the long run especially this being a weekend and time was far spent risking the car sleeping at Vio office.
Its just a sad experience which will never happen again to me.

I'm sorry this happened to you, may God almighty replenish your pocket
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by coolcharm(m): 6:56am On Sep 18, 2021
I'll just pretend I didn't read your first paragraph.
Giltexo:

Not everything online some people go put mouth...with your response am sure you don't drive or use to highway....those VIO FOR SDP GWAGWALADA stopped me few months ago loo and behold ..I was vibrating with all assurance that everything is in order in my motor...but as they put my plate number online for what I don't know ..oh my God ...only thing I was seeing was red error message.. I ended up in their office last last...20k comot from my pocket that night.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by tobatele(m): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2021
Some of the staff in our licensing offices are not straight forward.

Some of the papers they give out are fake and not in the government database.

I m speaking from experience and they say experience is the best teacher.

My Honda Bulldog was stolen in 2013 by the men of the underworld with the original papers and despite the fact that I have done the renewal of the papers at licencing office 3times, my own person, the officer at license office could not help me to get the details/copy of my papers to present to police when the police requested for the details of the car to aid their investigation.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by biafrasun: 7:08am On Sep 18, 2021
ichidodo:
You saw cars reversing and you didn't follow them to do so? What if there was armed robbers ahead on the ambush?? Driving is all about being alert to the going ons in your surroundings..Next time you see people running away,driving away or reversing away from a particular direction, pls follow suit..
love your submition.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by FEGEITOK: 7:23am On Sep 18, 2021
Validated:

Sound note. Op knows the problems with his papers. A lot of Nigerians like to cut corners and later complain about corruption. He thought using a distant state BIR would save him.
I was laughing when he mentioned he was going to pursue it to the letters. Giving bribe is a chageable offence in Nigeria, so @ op be ready for some jail time.

There is an element of coercion

Mind and action don't match

he can escape

let him consult a lawyer
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by MrJames007: 7:24am On Sep 18, 2021
Vickyvice:
I don't stop for v.i.o . I repeat, don't stop for em
So how do you escape from gettin your tyres punctured then
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Ferdinandu(m): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2021
wordychap:

A short distance ahead I sighted a police van then I came on VIO checking. I was told to pa4k which i did and the checks started.
They checked my tyres then went to my papers. The lad then said my papers look suspicious and went ahead to send my plate number to his office to authenticate my papers.

After a delay of close to an hour, hia affice called and he told me the data they have with them shows my papers ought to have expired in february 2021 but what i had with me is to expire in february 2022.

Arguments ensued and I was told the fine is 50k. I have a lot to do with the car next week and besides children's school's resuming so i couldn't allow them take the cqr to their office.

To cut a long story short, I parted with 40k to the lad and gave him 10k to get me authentic papers by monday next week.

The said 'fame papers' was issued to me at Board of Internal Revenue office in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Stage, where one is to renew his papers. I actually got there and gave a lady i was introduced to the money and she went ahead to make payments- as i assumed, and gave me the papers.

If a government agency can issue fake papers and a sister agency collect penalties what's the hope for Nigeria?

Honestly i don't think i can let this slide i have to pursue this matter, only wish i can vividly recognise the lady that got me the papers at BIR.

Those Guys are thieves. Your papers may even be authentic but they will be looking for ways to extort you. Had similar experience here in Abuja, they stopped me, after checking my papers they said it looks like fake that they are going to the office to confirm. I flatly refused to go to their office because, unfortunately for them, the papers were given to me in one of their offices by their colleagues because I didn't renew in time previously , was caught and taken to one of their offices. I told them that what that means is that if this is fake, obviously the one in this your branch is also fake. After arguments for about 30mins on which they realise I'm not budging on going to their so called office, they gave up and let me be

1 Like

Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2021
Promoter2:
You be JJC.

Never allow a Nigerian officer win an argument over you. Na you go lose.

You have money. If you no hold bar you wouldn't dash thieves 40k plus 10k.

You giving someone you don't personally know money to make car documents for you is kinda a novice move.

You no grow for Naija?

Every Nigeria has trust issues inborn. grin

You have said it all, every Nigerian is a potential criminal, I try as much as possible to verify my dealings with them. Always want to outsmart you.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Jenny1010(f): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2021
soloehis:
well this is Nigeria anything is possible..sorry about that.I will send u an autoreg link where u can check your papers ur self to know if ur documents were renewed… I wrote it down some where, let me look for it..also make sure your number plate is on FRSC data base..that’s another way police are using to extort Nigerians..stay blessed

Please can I have the link. Thank you
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Comedian2019: 8:09am On Sep 18, 2021
Mophor:

Www.verify.autoreg.ng
Thank you very much.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Benjakido: 8:36am On Sep 18, 2021
To get back your money is very simple even though you have parted with same. Once you are in the right, put up a petition to their office. They will know the officers assigned to man that route the day of the incident. Sart from there, maybe contact me for follow up.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by Bishop(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2021
coolcharm:
LoL, they just chop you 40k for nothing.

Except your papers are fake, I see no reason why you should part with your hard earned money by the roadside

I agree with you, if your paper's are to expire in year 2021 is not showing that but 2022 is that not suspicious enough and for you to agree to part with 40k when you are sure you did genuine papers call for concern.

1.For Your road worthiness go to the VIO office and get it done
2.For your Vehicle license and Insurance , visit designated banks or insurance company a lot of them do online services.There are designated offices that offer this services within the local government premises or VIO offices.

Avoid being scammed.
Re: Sad Experience With VIO Today by evioke(m): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
Sorry about that it is not easy to insure unnecessary expenses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / 12 Funny Scenarios You Can Relate To If You Have Ever Entered Danfo Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.