Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time (4003 Views)

CBN Sells N187b T-bills In One Week As Lending Rate Falls / CBN Retains Benchmark Interest Rate At 14% / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops For Seventh Consecutive Month, Says Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by lusid: 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has agreed to retain the Monetary Policy Ratio (MPR) at 11.5 per cent.

CBN governor Godwin Emefiele made this announcement on Friday after the two-day MPC meeting in Abuja.

Mr Emefiele said the committee also resolved to hold all other policy parameters constant.

The decisions reached by the MPC include retention of MPR at 11.50 per cent, retention of asymmetric corridor at +100/-700 bps around the MPR, retention of cash reserve ratio at 27.50 percent and retention of Liquidity Ratio at 30 percent.

He said the bank’s continuous intervention in the agricultural sector would help to increase food production in the country and moderate the food inflation further.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the MPC is retaining the MPR at 11.5 percent and holding all other parameters constant for the seventh consecutive time. Meanwhile, an Economist, Tope Fasua, said retaining the MPR at 11.5 per cent and having all other parameters constant indicated the apex bank was being cautious.

Mr Fasua said that a change in the rates at this time could pose negative macro and microeconomic implications.

“Regarding the MPR, the CBN is still watching. If they drop the MPR now and the market takes a cue, inflation will rise.

If the banks begin to lend money at lower rates, inflation will rise.

“They cannot afford to increase the rates now because that will hurt people who are borrowing from banks for business,” he said.

https://gazettengr.com/cbn-retains-lending-rate-other-parameters-for-seventh-consecutive-time/

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by NobleSeed(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
sad
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by ogeenanthony(m): 4:57am On Sep 18, 2021
2nd
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by ogeenanthony(m): 4:57am On Sep 18, 2021
2md
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by aperture11: 5:05am On Sep 18, 2021
Clueless lot. Emefiele should just resign, his trial and error aided by the least economically savvy President, Nigeria has ever had, has ruined our economy almost beyond repair.

N565 - $1, who would have thought despite the same ***** crying at $216-$1, just to win an election.

I can bet on over 20m Nigerians being more economically savvy than our current President.

1 Like

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by adioolayi(m): 5:16am On Sep 18, 2021
What are you doing about free-fall of Naira
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by handsomeyinka(m): 5:46am On Sep 18, 2021
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by handsomeyinka(m): 5:48am On Sep 18, 2021
adioolayi:
Na to ask naira Marley...lol

1 Like

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by careytommy37(m): 6:04am On Sep 18, 2021
I guess we'll be seeing $1=#1000 before Christmas

1 Like

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by Poiu11: 6:13am On Sep 18, 2021
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by dingbang(m): 6:31am On Sep 18, 2021
Recommend Prof Iledare for this Job.
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:38am On Sep 18, 2021
aperture11:
Clueless lot. Emefiele should just resign, his trial and error aided by the least economically savvy President, Nigeria has ever had, has ruined our economy almost beyond repair.

N565 - $1, who would have thought despite the same ***** crying at $216-$1, just to win an election.

I can bet on over 20m Nigerians being more economically savvy than our current President.
CBN governor and minister of finance are very poor economy planners

1 Like

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by Flossq: 7:41am On Sep 18, 2021
You dumb as Bleep. Naira to dollar rate is 410. Stop letting this bdc fool you

aperture11:

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by TGM2015: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2021
adioolayi:
I don't understand. The last time I checked, official exchange rate is still the same.

Black market is not and should never be use for measuring Naira value. Why patronising black market if your transaction is not black, are you a prospective candidate of "Black Maria" yet to be caught?

Go to the bank and get your forex at prevailing official rate.
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by Xfemt(m): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2021
Flossq:

bros I changed dollar yesterday for one fcmb branch at 520 yesterday

Oga live bdc abokis them

Godwin and finance minister no know watin them de do
They te just clueless as their oga
Buhari

1 Like

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by hahn(m): 8:51am On Sep 18, 2021
Flossq:

We were promised N1 undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by pacespot(m): 9:28am On Sep 18, 2021
Forex traders where art thee, this is the time to trade the pair USD/Naira, I know this news would have created volatility in the currency pair
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by Alawode01(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Thats good.
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by aperture11: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2021
Flossq:

You call me dumb, yet you can't deny the truth, your paymasters shouted at $1-N216, yet they we are at "410" today. Lol.

You guys are such a sorry bunch.
Re: CBN Retains Lending Rate, Other Parameters For Seventh Consecutive Time by ekeday(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
At first you most likely be full � if I have the opportunity to shot or kill you I will do it. What did you mean by all these day to days policy. You are the Worst Governor ever did you know how hard it is to open a Dom account in Nigeria. You say make will open Dom account, now to open Dom account na problem if you bring 2 referee they say it not approved. Now the bank will tell you the minimum opening balance of Dom account, if you won buy dollar they say, they no d sale dollar.

And if you buy the dollar for Black market they will told you they don't accept dollar deposit.

Nawa oo abeg no put the blame on just a website.

You are still working under big legend Buhari so before you make any policy is think wise anyway if you like chop the country e no consign me.

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Invest N100,000 Montly While I Do Other Things / All Bank Mobile Banking Codes / Get Paid For Watching Videos Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.