Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway (29378 Views)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by greatbrian(m): 8:18am On Sep 21, 2021
This happened yesterday morning, I had a flight to catch at the airport by 9 and I left Ibadan past 7 with my Toyota corolla sport. Las las Ibadan traffic dey mild and as I entered that Lagos Ibadan express way oboy Audi mode activated. I was doing around 140 to 150 when I heard a loud bang and gbagbagbagbagbahba. In sub seconds my brain processed that na tyre and if I match break oboy the car go start acrobatic display. Las las I drag gear for neutral and car came to stop after few seconds. Damaged my bumper, sand protector and some part of the rim.

Next time I will make sure I don't go above 100 with a corolla that's if there will be a next time with one.

And the breaking system is just so stupid and all. I wonder how corolla lovers cope

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Aidejay(m): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2021
Yayyyy!� Na God save your life oooh!

41 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Aidejay(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2021
140-150 you seff!!!

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by daddytime(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2021
And you didn't apportion any blame to yourself for not doing regular checks on your tyre health, not even your overspeeing is to be blamed in any of these?

177 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by SportsHD: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2021
140-150? You sound like one of my roommates in Abuja. He's a speed freak. I can never be in a car where the driver goes further than 100-110.

Why didn't you leave ibadan earlier? And, I hope you met the flight?

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Namdeenero(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2021
See as tyre surface smooth like bottle. You’re still doing 140 with a Toyota Corolla. Thank God for your life

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Homeboiy: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2021
Your mind dey tell you say na CLS you carry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by phorget(m): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2021
Even the extra tire self be like condemned iron wey aboki people dey find upandan.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Gravatar: 9:27am On Sep 21, 2021
[s]
greatbrian:
This happened yesterday morning, I had a flight to catch at the airport by 9 and I left Ibadan past 7 with my Toyota corolla sport. Las las Ibadan traffic dey mild and as I entered that Lagos Ibadan express way oboy Audi mode activated. I was doing around 140 to 150 when I heard a loud bang and gbagbagbagbagbahba. In sub seconds my brain processed that na tyre and if I match break oboy the car go start acrobatic display. Las las I drag gear for neutral and car came to stop after few seconds. Damaged my bumper, sand protector and some part of the rim.

Next time I will make sure I don't go above 100 with a corolla that's if there will be a next time with one.

And the breaking system is just so stupid and all. I wonder how corolla lovers cope

[/s]

Complete and utter garbage post. Deserves to be in the trash. Then again, considering your previous posts and your less than sensible comments and antecedents, one shouldn't expect anything reasonable from you and people like you.

You took a vehicle to the expressway, a definitely poorly maintained vehicle considering that you're the owner or driver, and then drove at speeds far above the designated speed limits, and the vehicle tyres had a blowout.

Instead of you to put 100% of the blame on yourself and your very poor decision making abilities, you decided to blame the vehicle.

Your life is just a good example of the saying "A poor workman quarrels with his tools". Every thread you make, you're putting blame on everything and everyone apart from the primary target of the blame, which is yourself.

Just take a look at the near bald tyres you decided to take to the expressway, I shudder to imagine just how terrible the condition of that car would be, with you as the owner. Frankly I don't care about you or about anything that happens to you because of your terrible decisions. My concern is for other road users and motorists who you may maim or kill with your senselessness.

My only hope is that you're the only one that would be affected if anything happens due to your lack of acuity, nobody else.

Will be waiting for your next thread where you blame Buhari for your wife not getting pregnant, or you blame your pot for your food not being tasty.

Nonsense.

191 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by homeboy205: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2021
I thank God for you. Those machine are not built for highway drive. They are mainly good in city drives only

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by homeboy205: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

Complete and utter garbage post. Deserves to be in the trash. Then again, considering your previous posts and your less than sensible comments and antecedents, one shouldn't expect anything reasonable from you and people like you.

You took a vehicle to the expressway, a definitely poorly maintained vehicle considering that you're the owner or driver, and then drove at speeds far above the designated speed limits, and the vehicle tyres had a blowout.

Instead of you to put 100% of the blame on yourself and your very poor decision making abilities, you decided to blame the vehicle.

Your life is just a good example of the saying "A poor workman quarrels with his tools". Every thread you make, you're putting blame on everything and everyone apart from the primary target of the blame, which is yourself.

Just take a look at the near bald tyres you decided to take to the expressway, I shudder to imagine just how terrible the condition of that car would be, with you as the owner. Frankly I don't care about you or about anything that happens to you because of your terrible decisions. My concern is for other road users and motorists who you may maim or kill with your senselessness.

My only hope is that you're the only one that would be affected if anything happens due to your lack of acuity, nobody else.

Will be waiting for your next thread where you blame Buhari for your wife not getting pregnant, or you blame your pot for your food not being tasty.

Nonsense.

Omo X 1000000000000000000000 grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by ariesbull: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2021
You drive cheap Japanese Toyota and you dey do German Audi mode ....

Get sense naaaa

20 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bros ,am not a corolla fan,but this one na your fault na.your tire no good and u use am dey speed .u Bleep up o

12 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by fabienjoe: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

You took a vehicle to the expressway, a definitely

poorly maintained vehicle considering that you're the owner or driver, and then drove at speeds far above the designated speed limits, and the vehicle tyres had a blowout.

Your life is just a good example of the saying "A poor workman quarrels with his tools". Every thread you make, you're putting blame on everything and everyone apart from the primary

target of the blame, which is yourself.

Nonsense.

I think the point is made that the blowout had nothing to do with the Corolla. The culprit is the poor state of the tyre coupled with the excessive speed which points back to the owner (driver) of the car. In fact the Corolla actually deserves credit for not flipping over but remained controllable in that highly unstable situation..But the name-calling is unnecessary..

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by cbrezy(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
sad
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by DoctorDree(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
So?
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by mashcent(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
smileyA
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by money121(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ok
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by kenzysmith: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Your tire got ruin and so? Wetin make we come do

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by ichidodo: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
A puncture at high speed? You should be thankful for being alive to tell the tale...

7 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Kingrefreshed: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

Ghost Rider
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Kingcalls: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Go and do alignment
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Enddy50ty(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
The tyre has expired that's why, no be speed cause am.

That's why you should always look out for the expiry date when purchasing a tyre, e get why.

8 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by candidbabe(f): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
@op
Na baba God save you ooooo
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by GboyegaD(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Thank God nothing happened to you. You go buy another tyre and better car soon.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by blueyonder6: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
cool
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by WibusJaga: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2021

Not caused by overspeeding. Probably very old, worn-out or refurbished tyre.

7 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by chukwuibuipob: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
sad Speed racer with that rickety tyre sad? Nah suicide mission.Thank God for Ur mama head sad

6 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by slawormiir: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Welldone Jason statham abi na vin diesel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by AgentGoat: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Na God dey save mad people undecided
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by sammybest889(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ghost rider of our time (phyno de high way)God still like u and I guests say na better road u follow no b kogi own if not u go knw say no b every time dick stand na him b konji

6 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Hotzone(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
Every level get their own problem

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera / Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.